PDA

View Full Version : Cord Cutters how do you watch?

glidedrxlr22
11-15-2019, 11:30 AM
I'll be cutting my cable soon. They keep jacking up the prices. Aside from cabletv, my viewing set up is Fire TV device with free viewing apps like Pluto and Tubi. My paid services are Netflix and Amazon Prime. I also use Cinema and CatMouse apks, with Real Debrid, for streaming shows and movies. I'm currently also trying out Gears Reloaded iptv.

What do you guys use?

AirBonner
11-15-2019, 02:54 PM
You only really need Hulu,Netflix amazon prime. If you need more tv than that then you should be re-evaluating life

ItsMillerTime
11-15-2019, 02:56 PM
Fire TV with Netflix, Amazon Prime, Cinema HD, Pluto, etc.

Reddit for sports links

Meticode
11-15-2019, 03:02 PM
Just YouTube TV here.

Facepalm
11-15-2019, 03:28 PM
HD antenna, amazon prime, netflix, and fire tv + morpheus for any other show or movie I want to watch. You can also use the Ola app for free live TV

REACTION
11-15-2019, 04:09 PM
YouTube TV for live sports and news.

personal Plex server for everything else.

Duderonomy
11-15-2019, 04:10 PM
Tubi is pretty good.
Been watching the A-Team on there.

bladefd
11-15-2019, 05:54 PM
Iptv for live sports/tv (private iptv service called smoothstreams, invites are currently closed), and stream movies/tv shows using realdebrid on TVzion app..

Costs about $20/m so certainly not free. Sometimes unstable too..

I have amazon prime and Netflix even though probably unnecessary.

dazzer87
11-15-2019, 06:18 PM
Just YouTube TV here.
same here.hopefully google does not change the price on us again. 50 is probably the max I will pay.

Draz
11-15-2019, 06:18 PM
I never understand how to get IPTV to work. Shit baffles me tbh

Honestly, Netflix and combination of Hulu (which I don’t have) but should be all someone needs unless you watch sports, Reddit streams are available.

Paying for cable sucks. I have spectrum and it’s trash compared to Fios even tv quality wise but they jack prices up monthly no fcks given idk how they get away with it. Spectrum needs to step up the quality of their shit. Even the internet disconnects from my device and I have to reconnect constantly

highwhey
11-15-2019, 06:29 PM
i'm considering getting youtube live or hulu live. reddit streams for suns game keep freezing too much. i switch to a different one and the same thing happens. too many people using the same couple of streams and they're crashing way too much, makes the games unwatchable.

bladefd
11-15-2019, 06:45 PM
i'm considering getting youtube live or hulu live. reddit streams for suns game keep freezing too much. i switch to a different one and the same thing happens. too many people using the same couple of streams and they're crashing way too much, makes the games unwatchable.

Apparently, NBA will be releasing a live streaming app like Netflix. Not sure if they will stream only local games, certain pre-chosen games each night or every game excluding blackout games

highwhey
11-15-2019, 06:49 PM
Apparently, NBA will be releasing a live streaming app like Netflix. Not sure if they will stream only local games, certain pre-chosen games each night or every game excluding blackout games
that sounds cool but i'm guessing their deals with tnt and other networks would prevent them from showing local games.

bladefd
11-15-2019, 06:53 PM
that sounds cool but i'm guessing their deals with tnt and other networks would prevent them from showing local games.

Also depends on how much it costs lol

Patrick Chewing
11-15-2019, 09:32 PM
Just YouTube TV here.

They'd be perfect if they carried the History Channel and Paramount Network.

asd
11-15-2019, 10:48 PM
YouTube tv, YouTube premium, netflix

qrich
11-15-2019, 11:18 PM
Amazon Prime included for free.

Hulu: $5.99
DaZn: $4.99
ESPN+: $5 (About to get Disney Plus since it's a whopping buck more than Hulu & ESPN)

Then, for sports, the Dofu App is lovely. Also www.nba4free.com is always on point.

Also use my brothers Spectrum log in to catch Clipper games and catch stuff on the Spectrum TV app for more live shows.

CelticBaller
11-16-2019, 12:23 AM
Cheap internet is like $40 a month up here. Disney + bundle(comes with ESPN and Hulu) is like 12.99 a month

That is way better than cable

rufuspaul
11-16-2019, 10:05 AM
Youtube TV, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO Go

bladefd
11-16-2019, 02:38 PM
Hulu bumping up charges for 2nd time this year. Pretty soon, streaming apps will be just as expensive as cable tv :facepalm

highwhey
11-16-2019, 02:43 PM
Hulu bumping up charges for 2nd time this year. Pretty soon, streaming apps will be just as expensive as cable tv :facepalm
everyone was claiming this several years back when all these networks publicly announced plans for their own platforms. they all saw Netflix succeed and wanted their share of the pie.

back to square 1. the only positive thing is we're getting more higher quality television.

although HBO has to step up it's streaming quality. they compress the shit out of their content. they're easily the worst quality out of all the platforms. they dropped the ball with that GOT episode where we couldn't see jackshit during the dark scenes, all because they compress heavily. can't believe they stream great shows at such a terrible compression rate.

bladefd
11-16-2019, 03:25 PM
everyone was claiming this several years back when all these networks publicly announced plans for their own platforms. they all saw Netflix succeed and wanted their share of the pie.

back to square 1. the only positive thing is we're getting more higher quality television.

although HBO has to step up it's streaming quality. they compress the shit out of their content. they're easily the worst quality out of all the platforms. they dropped the ball with that GOT episode where we couldn't see jackshit during the dark scenes, all because they compress heavily. can't believe they stream great shows at such a terrible compression rate.

They should all use H.265. Compresses nicely but keeps its very good quality.

imdaman99
11-16-2019, 11:10 PM
I thought you can get any channel you want on a good IPTV service (pay, not those crappy free ones)? The only live TV I ever watch is sports and the iptv service I have covers that. Everything else I download and cast to my shield tv. It doesn't take long to DL each show.

highwhey
11-16-2019, 11:17 PM
I thought you can get any channel you want on a good IPTV service (pay, not those crappy free ones)? The only live TV I ever watch is sports and the iptv service I have covers that. Everything else I download and cast to my shield tv. It doesn't take long to DL each show.
are the channels in HD? how often do you experience buffering/stuttering?

Draz
11-16-2019, 11:53 PM
Is IPTV good? Can the Lakers sign him?

REACTION
11-17-2019, 12:49 AM
https://i.redd.it/t7lhjz7x52z31.jpg

imdaman99
11-17-2019, 07:21 PM
are the channels in HD? how often do you experience buffering/stuttering?
Definitely HD. I wouldn't watch anything in SD anymore, except maybe an old show that they don't have in HD. All the sports are in HD. As for buffering, it's usually good not much of that but it isn't 100%. I remember last month it was pretty rough, I had to watch my sports in browsers. But it's been great again for a few weeks. Watch all the football you want, the key is finding out if your game is on fox or cbs and it gives you so many different cities local channels.

All in all, $5 a month is totally worth it. Coffee costs that much :lol

bigkingsfan
11-17-2019, 07:40 PM
Definitely HD. I wouldn't watch anything in SD anymore, except maybe an old show that they don't have in HD. All the sports are in HD. As for buffering, it's usually good not much of that but it isn't 100%. I remember last month it was pretty rough, I had to watch my sports in browsers. But it's been great again for a few weeks. Watch all the football you want, the key is finding out if your game is on fox or cbs and it gives you so many different cities local channels.

All in all, $5 a month is totally worth it. Coffee costs that much :lol
It's HD but it's more compressed than a legal service. I can definitely tell the difference between Youtube TV and a $10 IPTV sub.

Iptv for live sports/tv (private iptv service called smoothstreams, invites are currently closed)
AKA live247.tv been with them over 10 years now. :cheers:

Meticode
11-17-2019, 07:47 PM
same here.hopefully google does not change the price on us again. 50 is probably the max I will pay.
I'll probablay still keep it becuase it would still be way less than what Spectrum would charge us after a year of having Internet+TV.

For the first year Internet+TV was $99. Then after the year when the discount fell off it jumped up to like $173 per month. I dumped it.

I tried Playstation Vue, it was solid. Had that for a year. Then when YouTube TV finally got my local channels to stream I switched over, and have had YouTube TV for about 9-12 months. Ironically Playstation Vue is ending in a few months because Sony is losing money on it apparently.

rufuspaul
11-18-2019, 10:17 AM
I'll probablay still keep it becuase it would still be way less than what Spectrum would charge us after a year of having Internet+TV.

For the first year Internet+TV was $99. Then after the year when the discount fell off it jumped up to like $173 per month. I dumped it.

I tried Playstation Vue, it was solid. Had that for a year. Then when YouTube TV finally got my local channels to stream I switched over, and have had YouTube TV for about 9-12 months. Ironically Playstation Vue is ending in a few months because Sony is losing money on it apparently.

I went with YoutubTV because they have all the college sports I want to see (ACC, SEC, Big 10) and I get Panthers and Hornets games. The unlimited cloud DVR is nice also.