PDA

View Full Version : It's a fact that Lebron's PF's are all better than 97' and 98' Rodman

3ball
11-15-2019, 04:05 PM
Playoff averages for 97' Rodman versus Lebron's 3rd best player and worse:

1997 Rodman........ 4/8 on 37%

2006 Gooden......... 8/8 on 53%
2006 Zydrunas..... 10/6 on 45%
2006 Donyell M.... 10/6 on 43%

2007 Gooden........ 11/8 on 49%

2009 Zydrunas...... 11/8 on 45%

2010 Shaq........... 12/6 on 52%

And after that he had Bosh or Love..... :confusedshrug:

Plus Tristan averaged 7/9 on 53% during the 2016 playoff run..

Also, Rodman wasn't the starter in the 1998 playoffs and averaged 4/8 in those Finals - Kukoc started at PF, so many of Lebron's 3rd best teammates were better, such as Bosh, Love, Zydrunas, 10' Shaq, 10' Mo Williams, Ray Allen and more.

Vino24
11-15-2019, 04:07 PM
Now compare the defense

RRR3
11-15-2019, 04:14 PM
Shaq

PF

:yaohappy:

SouBeachTalents
11-15-2019, 04:16 PM
The irony with 3ball is he (allegedly) hates that LeBron gets compared to Jordan, yet he compares the two of them, usually multiple times, literally every single day :lol

3ball
11-15-2019, 04:26 PM
Now compare the defense
Lebron had the higher ranked defensive teams - far superior bigs and far more athletic guards

Kblaze8855
11-15-2019, 04:35 PM
Rodman played more minutes per game in the 98 playoffs than Bosh or Love in any of Lebron 3 title runs but I

3ball
11-15-2019, 04:38 PM
Rodman played more minutes per game in the 98 playoffs than Bosh or Love in any of Lebron 3 title runs but I’m sure calling him a non starter isn’t about painting an accurate picture. It’s just amusing to hear you say it so often.
When did Lebron win a ring with Bosh or Love averaging 4/8 on 37% for an entire playoff run (97'), or 4/8 for a Finals (98')??

I'll wait

Lebron simply had better bigs (Zydrunas, Shaq, Drew Gooden, Mosgov, Birdman) and far more athletic guards (shumpert, allen, JR Smtih, etc), so his teams had a lot more depth and defensive athleticism

ThatCoolKid
11-15-2019, 04:40 PM
3ball is so shook that Lebron has surpassed his hero - it's a sad sight to see.

East River Livn'
11-15-2019, 04:42 PM
Now compare the defense

Damn. I thought the thread would have ended here

SpaceJam2
11-15-2019, 04:43 PM
The irony with 3ball is he (allegedly) hates that LeBron gets compared to Jordan, yet he compares the two of them, usually multiple times, literally every single day :lol

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I am convinced he is a LeBron fan always giving him the attention and credibility he deserves. No one else even has a CHANCE to be compared to MJ the way LBJ and 3ball loves propping LeBron up.

A beautiful sight to see.

SpaceJam2
11-15-2019, 04:44 PM

MJ had the playoff points title locked up at 5.9k for the longest time until along came Bron Boi and destroyed that record by 1k, now sitting at 6.9k playoff points.

It stings him everyday I'm sure of it

Kblaze8855
11-15-2019, 04:48 PM
Love put up 8.5/6.8 a game on 36% shooting as a player primarily there for scoring in the 2016 finals. And that fact has absolutely nothing to do with if Lebron is as good as Jordan. It’s just trivia. Means precisely....dick. At least in a player comparison the way you generally try to force everything to be used.

3ball
11-15-2019, 04:49 PM

It's funny that Lebron gets credit for winning in 2016 like it was an upset, when his 15' Cavs were big favorites to win it all when they first assembled, and were considered the more talented team:

"the 2014-15 Cleveland Cavaliers figure to be a very good basketball team after acquiring Kevin Love from the Minnesota Timberwolves in a trade this week. That move came on top of the offseason’s biggest coup — persuading LeBron James to return to Ohio after a four-season stint in Miami — and it gives the Cavs two of the top six or so players in the NBA. According to our calculations, Cleveland has the talent to rattle off more than 60 wins next season."

"... the Cavaliers are considered the favorites to win next year’s NBA championship. A lot of that is due to James’s return, but it doesn’t hurt that he’ll play with the most gifted set of teammates he’s ever had.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/these-cavs-could-be-lebrons-best-supporting-cast-ever/

So that's 2 times he was gifted a super-team that was favored to win the championship in Year 1

Yet he failed the first time in a big choke (11'), and he succeeded in 16' but the victory was overrated and infact initially expected.

the guy is a fraud no matter what you say and the facts bear that out everywhere you look... For example, what's a tougher path - being gifted a super-team that is favored in Year 1 (lebron), or developing into favorite status over many years? (mj)... It's not even close

RRR3
11-15-2019, 04:49 PM
Love put up 8.5/6.8 a game on 36% shooting as a player primarily there for scoring in the 2016 finals. And that fact has absolutely nothing to do with if Lebron is as good as Jordan. It’s just trivia. Means precisely....dick. At least in a player comparison the way you generally try to force everything to be used.
Ban op. If you won’t perms ban him, at the very least he needs a break. Constant spamming.

3ball
11-15-2019, 04:54 PM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]Love put up 8.5/6.8 a game on 36% shooting as a player primarily there for scoring in the 2016 finals. And that fact has absolutely nothing to do with if Lebron is as good as Jordan. It

Lebron6
11-15-2019, 05:08 PM
[QUOTE=3ball]It's funny that Lebron gets credit for winning in 2016 like it was an upset, when his 15' Cavs were big favorites to win it all when they first assembled, and were considered the more talented team:

[INDENT]"[I]the 2014-15 Cleveland Cavaliers figure to be a very good basketball team after acquiring Kevin Love from the Minnesota Timberwolves in a trade this week. That move came on top of the offseason

3ball
11-15-2019, 05:12 PM
ban op.

This is from 538.com and their professional analysis, not me:

"the 2014-15 Cleveland Cavaliers figure to be a very good basketball team after acquiring Kevin Love from the Minnesota Timberwolves in a trade this week. That move came on top of the offseason’s biggest coup — persuading LeBron James to return to Ohio after a four-season stint in Miami — and it gives the Cavs two of the top six or so players in the NBA. According to our calculations, Cleveland has the talent to rattle off more than 60 wins next season."

"... the Cavaliers are considered the favorites to win next year’s NBA championship. A lot of that is due to James’s return, but it doesn’t hurt that he’ll play with the most gifted set of teammates he’s ever had.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/these-cavs-could-be-lebrons-best-supporting-cast-ever/

So it's funny that Lebron gets credit for an upset victory in 2016, when his team was initially the favorite and viewed as more talented when it first assembled in 2015..

Also, 2015 marked the 2nd time that Lebron was gifted a favorite in Year 1, yet he failed the first time in a big choke (11'), and he succeeded in 16' but the victory was overrated and infact initially expected, as shown above.

the guy is a fraud no matter what you say and the facts bear that out everywhere you look... For example, what's a tougher path - being gifted a super-team that is favored in Year 1 (lebron), or developing into favorite status over many years? (mj)... It's not even close

RRR3
11-15-2019, 05:14 PM
Ban OP

AirBonner
11-15-2019, 05:18 PM
It

3ball
11-15-2019, 05:32 PM
It’s amazing how all of OP’s thoughts are sourced by other means.

I prefer to present stats and professional analysis so you guys can't say I'm trolling or just giving my own opinion.

So we already know certain facts - we know that Lebron's 2015 Cavs were the favorites to win the championship, and therefore their win in 2016 wasn't an upset.. That isn't conjecture or opinion - it's INTUITIVE - everyone should reach that conclusion based on the facts, unless they're biased and are seeking a different conclusion.

Not only were the 15' Cavs favorites to win, but professional analysis concluded that the 15' Cavs had the most talent in the league, as my previous post showed.

He has never had an organic thought :biggums:

How's this for original thought and enlightenment:

You realize that Lebron and Harden have low assist teams right?... That's what happens with 2-PG lineups (i.e. Harden/CP3 or Lebron/Kyrie) - teammates have less hold-time and assists in 2-PG lineups than 1-PG lineups, which results in low TEAM assists and a brand that struggles on the championship level..

lebron simply avoided the same career-losing fate as his fellow ball-dominators by team-hopping for the extra talent the style needs to win

Wow that is actually a good point. Ain't gonna lie.. :lol

East River Livn'
11-15-2019, 09:13 PM
Lebron had the higher ranked defensive teams

We know Pippen and Rodman were elite tier defenders. Are you saying Jordan's defense was so overrated that he brought down the team's defensive rating with these 2 defensive beasts on it lower than Lebron's teams?

bigkingsfan
11-15-2019, 09:20 PM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]Rodman played more minutes per game in the 98 playoffs than Bosh or Love in any of Lebron 3 title runs but I

3ball
11-16-2019, 12:34 AM
Rodman played more minutes per game in the 98 playoffs than Bosh or Love in any of Lebron 3 title runs but I’m sure calling him a non starter isn’t about painting an accurate picture. It’s just amusing to hear you say it so often.

Painting an accurate picture is exactly what it's for - it shows what MJ had to win with - a 36-year old relic averaging 4/8 was playing more minutes than Love and Bosh, who were in their prime.

MJ was Rodman's last leg, propping him up until the end and getting him a couple extra rings than he probably deserved, while the prime Love and Bosh are marginalized into lesser-minute, role players.

Thanks for making the point a more clear, vetted, and high-level one..

ShawkFactory
11-16-2019, 12:39 AM
Painting an accurate picture is exactly what it's for - it shows what MJ had to win with - a 36-year old relic averaging 4/8 was playing more minutes than Love and Bosh, who were in their prime.

MJ was Rodman's last leg, propping him up until the end and getting him a couple extra rings than he probably deserved, while the prime Love and Bosh are marginalized into lesser-minute, role players.

Thanks for making the point a more clear, vetted, and high-level one..
Spin team

FKAri
11-16-2019, 12:40 AM
I'm sorry. How is this a negative for Lebron?

StrongLurk
11-16-2019, 12:41 AM
All OP proved is the 90's were the most watered down era since the 3-ball was formed.

We know a bunch of old guys past their peaks beat a bunch of other old guys past their peaks.

In b4 "98 Lakers 4 all-stars doe".

Hell the next year in 99 an 8th seed made the finals.

OP posts so much here because he's banned everywhere else.

Rico2016
11-16-2019, 12:52 AM

OP said Shaq was a Power Forward

3ball
11-16-2019, 12:52 AM
Lebron had more help than MJ, and this is just another example.

many bigs who played anywhere near Rodman's gaudy minutes produced better than 4/8 on 37% Rodman, including Love, Bosh, Drew Gooden, Varejao, Tristan, Donyell, Zydrunas, Shaq, Mosgov and others..

These guys were like 4th and 5th best players on the team producing more rebounds and/or defense than Rodman.. and better offense too of course.. But Lebron always had much more rebounders, rim protection, and athletic guards than MJ... :sleeping

AirBonner
11-16-2019, 12:55 AM
LeBron simply isn

Rico2016
11-16-2019, 12:58 AM
[QUOTE=AirBonner]LeBron simply isn

3ball
11-16-2019, 01:04 AM
All OP proved is the 90's were the most watered down era since the 3-ball was formed.

We know a bunch of old guys past their peaks beat a bunch of other old guys past their peaks.

In b4 "98 Lakers 4 all-stars doe".

Hell the next year in 99 an 8th seed made the finals.

OP posts so much here because he's banned everywhere else.
Would you prefer a bunch of old guys past their peak beating a bunch of prime guys in their peak like the 2014 Finals?

Duncan/Ginobili/Parker were 36/37/32, while Lebron/Bosh/Wade were 29/28/32.. So the Heat had 2 of 3 guys in their prime and the 3rd had just been lights out in the ECF (was expected to be fine and basically was, but was used as an excuse for the surprise blowout loss)

StrongLurk
11-16-2019, 01:13 AM
Would you prefer a bunch of old guys past their peak beating a bunch of prime guys in their peak like the 2014 Finals?

Duncan/Ginobili/Parker were 36/37/32, while Lebron/Bosh/Wade were 29/28/32.. So the Heat had 2 of 3 guys in their prime and the 3rd had just been lights out in the ECF (was expected to be fine and basically was, but was used as an excuse for the surprise blowout loss)

Wade and Bosh were washed in those finals and the Spurs won because of 3 point shooting, something 90's teams weren't capable of.

Bosh retired the next year and only a troll like yourself would act like Wade was even legit all-star level that year.

SouBeachTalents
11-16-2019, 01:17 AM

Besides your psychotic obsession, this is why you get so much shit on here. Blatantly making shit up, and of course always having having a double standard/being hypocritical. If Wade was "lighting it up" in the ECF, you need to admit Pippen was doing the same throughout the first 3peat.

And if Wade played "basically fine" in the Finals, you're never allowed to bitch about Pippen again

3ball
11-16-2019, 01:25 AM
Wade and Bosh were washed in those finals and the Spurs won because of 3 point shooting, something 90's teams weren't capable of.
Except Miami had better 3-point shooters..

The Spurs didn't magically get hot from deep like a coincidence - there aren't basketball gods rolling the dice to see who gets hot on that night... :roll:

The Spurs got hot because their brand of basketball was usurping the Heat's and the players could feel it.. They were applying more pressure than they were facing, and gradually wining the attrition battle..

That's how the game works.. Every game.. Every time.. It's an attrition battle, and Lebron-ball doesn't apply effective pressure at the championship level against teams that are moving the ball well and applying MORE pressure..

Don't act like this was the first or last time a team has run away with the series.. It's f.ucking standard procedure - his teams get blown away for 3 straight games to finish all of his Finals losses.. they figure out his cp3-level brand and blow its doors off

And anytime a team's brand is getting blown away, teammates will play poorly, as Lebron also did when the games were close (being contested).. Wade didn't suddenly get hurt right after the ECF, where he was superb, and then suck in the Finals by some magic.. The Heat were just getting taught a basketball lesson, so they lost despite otherwise having sufficient talent to win..

Rico2016
11-16-2019, 01:40 AM
Plus the zero first round exits to MJ's three first round exits. The facts are hard to refute

3ball
11-16-2019, 01:40 AM

The Spurs didn't magically get hot from deep like a coincidence - there aren't basketball gods rolling the dice to see who gets hot on that night... :roll:

The Spurs got hot because their brand of basketball was usurping the Heat's and the players could feel it.. They were applying more pressure than they were facing, and gradually wining the attrition battle..

That's how the game works.. Every game.. Every time.. It's an attrition battle, and Lebron-ball doesn't apply effective pressure at the championship level against teams that are moving the ball well and applying MORE pressure..

Don't act like this was the first or last time a team has run away with the series.. It's f.ucking standard procedure - his teams get blown away for 3 straight games to finish all of his Finals losses.. they figure out his cp3-level brand and blow its doors off

And anytime a team's brand is getting blown away, teammates will play poorly, as Lebron also did when the games were close (being contested).. Wade didn't suddenly get hurt right after the ECF, where he was superb, and then suck in the Finals by some magic.. The Heat were just getting taught a basketball lesson, so they lost despite otherwise having sufficient talent to win..

^^^ Okay looks like that's a knock-out blow folks; I don't feel any more incoming or response..

StrongLurk
11-16-2019, 01:48 AM

3 point shooting is highly volatile, Spurs got hot like no other team had ever been in the finals in NBA history.

You stopped watching basketball 10 years ago, not sure why you think you can comment on anything.

I guess that's why you only make MJ threads. Sad.

Edit: just saw you reply to your own post, jesus you're a loser

3ball
11-16-2019, 01:51 AM
3 point shooting is highly volatile, Spurs got hot like no other team had ever been in the finals in NBA history.

You stopped watching basketball 10 years ago, not sure why you think you can comment on anything.

I guess that's why you only make MJ threads. Sad.

Edit: just saw you reply to your own post, jesus you're a loser
https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-08-2019/qRJKUn.gif

ILLsmak
11-16-2019, 01:56 AM

How do you dudes involve yourself in the same discussions haha. It's like a rotation thing. My brain might be melting but I have a good memory for words once I've seen them, and this dude posts the same stuff. He might not always make the same thread but he takes parts from other posts and other threads and uses them. This 97 98 Rodman is big biz for him.

I ain't mad but why do people continue these discussions?

-Smak

tanibanana
11-16-2019, 02:02 AM
Nobody would pick any LBJ PF's over Rodman. Nobody.

3ball
11-16-2019, 02:05 AM
Nobody would pick any LBJ PF's over Rodman. Nobody.
Love and Bosh are better than any version of Rodman, let alone 36-year old Rodman that averaged 4/8 on 37% for the entire 97' Playoffs.

All-defense Varajao in 2010 > 97' Rodman, among many other Lebron bigs as mentioned previously.

SouBeachTalents
11-16-2019, 02:09 AM
Love and Bosh are better than any version of Rodman, let alone 36-year old Rodman that averaged 4/8 on 37% for the entire 97' Playoffs.

All-defense Varajao > 97' Rodman, among many other Lebron bigs as mentioned previously.

You just think too simple - you think "Rodman.. errr... HOF... errrr.. da Bulls.. err"
As your 3rd best player? Hell no. Rodman is much more valuable in terms of defense, rebounding, effort, hustle plays etc

3ball
11-16-2019, 02:16 AM
As your 3rd best player? Hell no. Rodman is much more valuable in terms of defense, rebounding, effort, hustle plays etc

I guess Rodman would be better than Bosh or Love in Russell's era, when good team offense wasn't possible due to the lack of spacing, which allowed a 1-way defender like Russell to be the best player..

But since the 3-point line was instituted in 1980, all 40 MVP's have been dominant offensive players, so we know that a 1-way defender like Russell wouldn't be an MVP caliber player in the modern era.. Similarly, Rodman's 1-way defensive play simply couldn't be the best player on a modern era team like Bosh and Love did (both led their team to the playoffs, or Love nearly did.. obviously, rodman never could as the team's best player).

Of course, since Russell isn't an MVP-level player in the modern era, we know that MJ's 6 rings as "the man" are the goat accomplishment of history (2nd place has 3), while his PPG and efficiency rating records only further enhance his goat resume.

tanibanana
11-16-2019, 02:25 AM

I believe he knows it. Just simply can't and would never accept the truth.

FKAri
11-16-2019, 10:35 AM
Lebron had more help than MJ, and this is just another example.

many bigs who played anywhere near Rodman's gaudy minutes produced better than 4/8 on 37% Rodman, including Love, Bosh, Drew Gooden, Varejao, Tristan, Donyell, Zydrunas, Shaq, Mosgov and others..

These guys were like 4th and 5th best players on the team producing more rebounds and/or defense than Rodman.. and better offense too of course.. But Lebron always had much more rebounders, rim protection, and athletic guards than MJ... :sleeping
Of course Lebron's going to have more help than MJ when 90s players are trash. What kind of argument is this you moron? You just keep digging your own grave.

AirBonner
11-16-2019, 10:41 AM
When I think of MJ I think 6 rings good but it

3ball
11-16-2019, 01:26 PM
[QUOTE=AirBonner]LeBron simply isn

ImKobe
11-16-2019, 01:33 PM
MJ went 1-9 against champions with 8 seeds

Lebron went 1-9 against champions with high seeds in 2017 and 2018, and lost worse than MJ's 8 seeds

Lost in the Finals by a historic margin, twice :biggums: , constantly outplayed by guys like Iguodala, young Kawhi, young KD in 2012, Tony Parker in 2007, Jason Terry in 2011 :facepalm

3ball
11-16-2019, 01:35 PM
[QUOTE=AirBonner]When I think of MJ I think 6 rings good but it

RRR3
11-16-2019, 01:35 PM
Anyone who thinks KD outplayed LeBron in the 12 finals is legit retarded.

sdot_thadon
11-16-2019, 01:41 PM
All this guy's threads read like mental institute evaluations, literally repeating the same terrible points over and over.

SpaceJam2
11-16-2019, 01:43 PM
All this guy's threads read like mental institute evaluations, literally repeating the same terrible points over and over.

And he never gets banned for it

stupid forum

3ball
11-16-2019, 01:44 PM
Anyone who thinks KD outplayed LeBron in the 12 finals is legit retarded.
Why does Lebron always let his man score more than him?

He simply lacks the scoring ability to keep up with the top tier of scorers like MJ, Durant, Harden, or Kobe, and therefore can't be goat

and we already know he lacks the scoring versatility of a kawhi, so he can't fit with all player types or in a system and therefore has weaker teams

Where am I wrong

SpaceJam2
11-16-2019, 01:46 PM

He simply lacks the scoring ability to keep up with the top tier of scorers like MJ, Durant, Harden, or Kobe, and therefore can't be goat

and we already know he lacks the scoring versatility of a kawhi, so he can't fit with all player types or in a system and therefore has weaker teams

Where am I wrong

1st lbj 6.9k

2nd mj 5.9k

big gap in scoring

sdot_thadon
11-16-2019, 01:46 PM

And he never gets banned for it

stupid forum
I'm glad at least one place allows him to live out his fantasy otherwise he'd be hiding in Lebron's hedges with a faded, shrank Mj jersey on.

bigkingsfan
11-16-2019, 01:47 PM

Where am I wrong
Didn't Pippen outscored the opposition 2nd option in 5/6 finals? And more than anyone on the Lakers.

SpaceJam2
11-16-2019, 01:47 PM
I'm glad at least one place allows him to live out his fantasy otherwise he'd be hiding in Lebron's hedges with a faded, shrank Mj jersey on.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

SouBeachTalents
11-16-2019, 01:52 PM
Lost in the Finals by a historic margin, twice :biggums: , constantly outplayed by guys like Iguodala, young Kawhi, young KD in 2012, Tony Parker in 2007, Jason Terry in 2011 :facepalm
A Kobe fan criticizing Finals performance, lmao

3ball
11-16-2019, 01:56 PM
Didn't Pippen outscored the opposition 2nd option in 5/6 finals?
LeBron's 2nd option outscored the Warriors 1st option and league MVP by 5 points

Why do lebron fans knock mj about something, when lebron is twice as guilty of the same thing?

Lebron's 2nd option outscored the opposing 2nd option in every Finals he won, and nearly matched Lebron's scoring too (only 2-5 less ppg than lebron, so it wasn't a carry job by lebron)

Otoh, Pippen was outscored in the 96' Finals, and always scored 10-20 less than MJ in every Finals (carry-job for MJ)

It's not even close .. Pippen was also outplayed in 4 of 6 ECF and had many series of 15 on 33-38% shooting, especially in the 2nd three-peat (17 on 41% for entire 96-98' playoffs)

SpaceJam2
11-16-2019, 01:59 PM
Didn't Pippen outscored the opposition 2nd option in 5/6 finals? And more than anyone on the Lakers.

ANOTHER ONE

3ball
11-16-2019, 04:11 PM
The top 3 players on championship teams are normally scoring options or good offensive players, so Bosh/Love are more valuable, especially versus old Rodman's 4/8 averages.

Rodman's 4/8 production put the Bulls at a deficit like the other rare champions that didn't have a 3rd good scorer or offensive player, i.e. the 11' Mavs, Hakeem's Rockets, and all of MJ's Bulls teams.. (shaq's lakers didn't have a 3rd scorer, but he had kobe; also rice for 1 yr)

AirBonner
11-16-2019, 04:15 PM
Rodman won MJ a title

3ball
11-16-2019, 05:03 PM
Rodman won MJ a title
The 96' Bulls were up so much in the Finals that they let down and gave a couple games away.

So they win easier with say, all-defense Varejao over Rodman because they wouldn't let up and probably win the series in 5 games instead of 6.

Ultimately, the Bulls were up 3-0 without breaking a sweat, so any normal 8/8 guy with good defense would be enough to win it..

egokiller
11-16-2019, 05:08 PM
[QUOTE=AirBonner]Love

SpaceJam2
11-16-2019, 05:33 PM
No. With a stacked defense is it luck if the other team struggles to score?

Michael Jordan: 1st Team All-NBA, 1st Team All-Defensive
Scottie Pippen: 1st Team All-NBA, 1st Team All-Defensive
Dennis Rodman: 1st Team All-Defensive
Toni Kukoc: Sixth Man of the Year[

AirBonner
11-16-2019, 05:34 PM
No. With a stacked defense is it luck if the other team struggles to score?

Michael Jordan: 1st Team All-NBA, 1st Team All-Defensive
Scottie Pippen: 1st Team All-NBA, 1st Team All-Defensive
Dennis Rodman: 1st Team All-Defensive
Toni Kukoc: Sixth Man of the Year[
Big facts :cheers:

Rico2016
11-16-2019, 05:37 PM
This isn't looking so good for the JordanFam. How are they able to diminish his legacy with each post? If they just shut up and let MJ's mystique carry his legacy they would be better off but every time they attempt a point they get destroyed to a level that takes away from MJ's mystique. It's like now I'm thinking "Holy crap, not only did MJ play with SF great Pippen he also had Horrace Grant, Toni Kukoc, and Dennis Rodman as his PF cast?" Then when you think about how he starts off winning one playoff game before Pippen despite playing 10, it really makes you wonder if he is top 3 at this point.

bigkingsfan
11-16-2019, 05:56 PM
LeBron's 2nd option outscored the Warriors 1st option and league MVP by 5 points

Why do lebron fans knock mj about something, when lebron is twice as guilty of the same thing?

Lebron's 2nd option outscored the opposing 2nd option in every Finals he won, and nearly matched Lebron's scoring too (only 2-5 less ppg than lebron, so it wasn't a carry job by lebron)

Otoh, Pippen was outscored in the 96' Finals, and always scored 10-20 less than MJ in every Finals (carry-job for MJ)

It's not even close .. Pippen was also outplayed in 4 of 6 ECF and had many series of 15 on 33-38% shooting, especially in the 2nd three-peat (17 on 41% for entire 96-98' playoffs)
Pippen not only outscored the 2nd option in 5/6 finals but was a 1st team defensive 8

3ball
11-16-2019, 05:58 PM
[QUOTE=bigkingsfan]Pippen not only outscored the 2nd option in 5/6 finals but was a 1st team defensive 8

bigkingsfan
11-16-2019, 06:01 PM
Pippen outscoring the 2nd option < Kyrie or Wade outscoring the 1st option
Pippen did the same.

Lebron's 2nd option outscored the opposing 2nd option in every Finals he won
This is also a lie, see 2012.

3ball
11-16-2019, 06:20 PM
Pippen did the same.

This is also a lie, see 2012.
Which Finals did Pippen outscore the other team's 1st option like Wade and Kyrie did

egokiller
11-16-2019, 06:22 PM
3ball feasting once again on this fine Saturday. :lol

bigkingsfan
11-16-2019, 06:30 PM
Which Finals did Pippen outscore the other team's 1st option like Wade and Kyrie did
https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/1991-nba-finals-lakers-vs-bulls.html

SpaceJam2
11-16-2019, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE=bigkingsfan]Pippen not only outscored the 2nd option in 5/6 finals but was a 1st team defensive 8

SpaceJam2
11-16-2019, 06:33 PM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/1991-nba-finals-lakers-vs-bulls.html

JESUS

ANOTHER ONE

FKAri
11-16-2019, 06:35 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/xThuWtyb1yMlKIrz0c/giphy.gif

SpaceJam2
11-16-2019, 06:36 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/xThuWtyb1yMlKIrz0c/giphy.gif

3ball wrekt again

Pippen not only outscored the 2nd option in 5/6 finals but was a 1st team defensive 8

Turbo Slayer
11-16-2019, 06:36 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/26xBGekbXJHY8KpUY/giphy.gif

slayed

RRR3
11-16-2019, 06:37 PM
Why are we all ignoring the fact that OP called Shaq a power forward?

SpaceJam2
11-16-2019, 06:41 PM
Why are we all ignoring the fact that OP called Shaq a power forward?

1ball knows less about bball than we think

SpaceJam
11-16-2019, 09:04 PM

We gonna get a reply to this :eek:

Uncle Drew
11-16-2019, 09:13 PM
Yo. :roll:

LAmbruh
11-16-2019, 09:23 PM
:roll: :roll:

SpaceJam2
11-16-2019, 09:24 PM

Shit

:roll: :roll:

FKAri
11-16-2019, 11:31 PM
We gonna get a reply to this :eek:
Looks like 3ball's down for the count. He is never posting in this thread again.

SpaceJam
11-17-2019, 12:16 AM
Looks like 3ball's down for the count. He is never posting in this thread again.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l2SpZkQ0XT1XtKus0/giphy.gif

Furiously checking his copy/pasted notes for a rebuttal, how did he miss such a HUGE oversight

SpaceJam2
11-17-2019, 12:22 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/l2SpZkQ0XT1XtKus0/giphy.gif

Furiously checking his copy/pasted notes for a rebuttal, how did he miss such a HUGE oversight

He is wrong about a lot of things and I am convinced he wasn't even watching basketball in the 90s hes just a weird old man with an obsession.

sdot_thadon
11-17-2019, 01:53 AM
:oldlol:

Gougou
11-17-2019, 02:10 AM
The only PF I think LBJ had that was better than 97-98 old Rodman is TT and Bosh.

Love choked in some of the finals and playoff games, also no defense. TT was amazing against the Warriors during the playoff runs, and Bosh did very well against the Spurs.

Do you guys think if Rodman played in 2011 he will shut down Dirk?

ShawkFactory
11-17-2019, 02:13 AM
The only PF I think LBJ had that was better than 97-98 old Rodman is TT and Bosh.

Love choked in some of the finals and playoff games, also no defense. TT was amazing against the Warriors during the playoff runs, and Bosh did very well against the Spurs.

Bosh yes.

TT no

SouBeachTalents
11-17-2019, 02:33 AM
:oldlol: Made him vacate his own thread

3ball
11-17-2019, 06:01 PM

Finally, a legit response snuck through amongst the lies and pretending from other posters

So there it is - MJ won the 1997 and 1998 Finals with a PF that was less than Tristan and a SF that was horrible offensively..

RRR3
11-17-2019, 06:02 PM
Stop dodging this, 3ball

3ball
11-17-2019, 06:06 PM
:oldlol: Made him vacate his own thread
you're losing the thread so badly that you must hang on to pippen outscoring worthy by less than a point .. pathetic

That's obviously nothing compared to Kyrie and Wade outscoring league MVP's by 4 and 5 points

pippen and his stats were actually 3rd-option caliber - he simply got lucky and inflated because MJ didn't need a real 2nd option to win the most rings

MJ didn't need a lethal scorer and alpha closer that commanded doubles like Wade/Kyrie.. he only needed a 3rd option caliber player and beta who couldn't shoot worth a lick

RRR3
11-17-2019, 06:10 PM
you're losing the thread so badly that you must hang on to pippen outscoring worthy by less than a point .. pathetic

That's obviously nothing compared to Kyrie and Wade outscoring league MVP's by 4 and 5 points

pippen and his stats were actually 3rd-option caliber - he simply got lucky and inflated because MJ didn't need a real 2nd option to win the most rings

MJ didn't need a lethal scorer sidekick and alpha closer that commanded doubles like Wade/Kyrie.. he only needed a 3rd option caliber player and beta who couldn't shoot worth a lick
Pippen outscored Worthy by 1.5 PPG. That’s not “less than a point”. Are you incapable of telling the truth?

3ball
11-17-2019, 06:20 PM
Pippen outscored Worthy by 1.5 PPG. That’s not “less than a point”. Are you incapable of telling the truth?
I do most of it by memory

But none of these tiny discrepancies are big enough to change the point being made

Pippen was a garbage scorer with 3rd option stats, who made MJ carry the biggest scoring and clutch burden ever - these facts aren't changed by you saying he scored 1.5 more than Worthy versus 0.5...

You guys make errors like this all the time - much more than me.... but you never hear me complain because I can beat you on the substance/the point being made, so I don't have to quibble with you over negligible discrepancies in the stats

RRR3
11-17-2019, 06:22 PM
I do most of it by memory

But none of these tiny discrepancies are big enough to change the point being made

Pippen was a garbage scorer with 3rd option stats, who made MJ carry the biggest scoring and clutch burden ever - these facts aren't changed by you saying he scored 1.5 more than Worthy versus 0.5...

You guys make errors like this all the time - much more than me.... but you never hear me complain because I can beat you on the substance/the point being made, so I don't have to quibble with you over negligible discrepancies in the stats
A garbage scorer outscored everyone on the Lakers in the finals? Damn, MJ went up against absolute cupcakes.

egokiller
11-17-2019, 06:33 PM
It

FKAri
11-17-2019, 07:22 PM
How does 3ball manage to get destroyed in every thread? :oldlol:

RRR3
11-17-2019, 07:25 PM
A big part of it is the fact that’s he’s a pathological liar.

madmax
11-17-2019, 07:44 PM
A garbage scorer outscored everyone on the Lakers in the finals? Damn, MJ went up against absolute cupcakes.

:lol

3ball
11-17-2019, 07:51 PM
You guys make statistical errors like this all the time - much more than me....

but you never hear me complain because I can beat you on the substance/the point being made, so I don't have to quibble over negligible discrepancies in the stats

The thread devolved into a discrepancy about whether pippen outscored worthy by 1.5 points or 1 point because you guys lost on the original argument - Lebron never won with his 3rd best player averaging 4/8 for an entire playoff run (rodman 97') or not starting (rodman 98')...

Heck, he never won without his 3rd best player being a dominant, versatile scorer.. he could never win with an offensive siv like Rodman, or even Horace

sdot_thadon
11-17-2019, 09:24 PM

trainwreckog getting a train ran on him in here......

FKAri
11-17-2019, 09:27 PM
You guys make statistical errors like this all the time - much more than me....
We don't make statistical errors because we aren't the boxscore memorizing statnerd that you try to be. We use the eye-test. Hence I am never in a position to make a statistical error. :cheers:

3ball
11-17-2019, 09:32 PM

trainwreckog getting a train ran on him in here......
I was right, as always.... Pippen didn't outscore the #1 option like Kyrie or Wade did, which is what I said

Indeed, they outscored the #1 option by much more, while pippen barely did

Again, it doesn't change the point being made - pippen's 3rd option-caliber skill and stats forced MJ to carry the biggest scoring and clutch burden ever

3ball
11-17-2019, 09:35 PM
We don't make statistical errors because we aren't the boxscore memorizing statnerd that you try to be. We use the eye-test. Hence I am never in a position to make a statistical error. :cheers:
You guys are stat bots that laughed when I started posting my accurate eye test observation on 2p2, an acumen learned by playing against these same guys

But you laughed at that so i backed up all my eye tests with stats (i.e. proving lebron was a ball-dominator that lowered teammate/team assists)

Now you stat bots claim to prefer the eye test, once my stats trumped yours... What a joke.. both show that lebron is nowhere near goat

FKAri
11-17-2019, 09:35 PM
I was right, as always.... Pippen didn't outscore the #1 option like Kyrie or Wade did, which is what I said

Indeed, they outscored the #1 option by much more, while pippen barely did

Again, it doesn't change the point being made - pippen's 3rd option-caliber skill and stats forced MJ to carry the biggest scoring and clutch burden ever
How does it feel to know that the last time someone saw your dicc, they were changing your diapers?

3ball
11-17-2019, 09:39 PM
How does it feel to know that the last time someone saw your dicc, they were changing your diapers?
If I showed you a pic of my chick, you'd start whacking off.. baddest bitch in Vegas.. I only have a taste for goats.. carry on tho

SpaceJam
11-17-2019, 09:40 PM
If I showed you a pic of my chick, you'd start whacking off.. baddest bitch in Vegas.. I only have a taste for goats.. carry on tho

You trying to taste MJ? Kinda weird but do you bro

FKAri
11-17-2019, 09:48 PM
You clearly live alone then. 50 year old ball fan sits on internet forums all day talking about the heyday. If that isn't pathetic then the fact that you banter like a 12 year old, definitely is.

3ball
11-17-2019, 09:51 PM
You clearly live alone then. 50 year old ball fan sits on internet forums all day talking about the heyday. If that isn't pathetic then the fact that you banter like a 12 year old, definitely is.
What's pathetic is you railing on about the person you WISH i was, so you can disregard my accurate points about the state of the game

Sorry chico, but you must accept my points... :no:

egokiller
11-17-2019, 10:06 PM

:facepalm

3ball lives in vegas. He's probably posting on ISH from his phone when he folds his poker hands. Sitting on rolled up aces over kings. Check-raising stupid tourists and taking huge pots off of them. Playing all-night high-limit Hold'em at the Mirage, where the sand turns to gold. Stacks and towers of checks he can't even see over. Get your facts straight.