PDA

View Full Version : To the OG Kobe fans - do you still care about the NBA?

Nash
11-17-2019, 02:08 PM
You guys still watch the league and are as passionate as you were when Kobe was around? You have any new favorites?

SpaceJam2
11-17-2019, 02:52 PM
No they dont. They are the new version of the oldhead MJ stains

Akeem34TheDream
11-17-2019, 02:55 PM
I am OG Anunoby fan. Does it count?

elementally morale
11-17-2019, 02:55 PM
Sure.

New ones? I like Jokic and Embiid, beginning to like Doncic and Sabonis. And before Kobe I liked Hakeem, Magic, McHale and Bird.... and while Kobe played I loved Nash and Dirk. Just a few examples.

PickernRoller
11-17-2019, 03:00 PM
No. Honestly. I comment more about its demise as the product I used to enjoy.

All I hope for is for the league to one day grow a conscience and star rolling back the loosening of the rules. Prob not in another decade. :(

There are good stories like Kawhi's career which are interesting to follow, and the Curry dynasty was interesting while it lasted but all the load-management crap and superteaming... these kids men...

Atlantis
11-17-2019, 04:05 PM
James Harden. I feel like he

egokiller
11-17-2019, 04:07 PM
No. Honestly. I comment more about its demise as the product I used to enjoy.

All I hope for is for the league to one day grow a conscience and star rolling back the loosening of the rules. Prob not in another decade. :(

There are good stories like Kawhi's career which are interesting to follow, and the Curry dynasty was interesting while it lasted but all the load-management crap and superteaming... these kids men...

All of this is spot on. The problem is the insecurity kids have over knowing they have to settle for watching an inferior brand of basketball which is largely due to the current rule set.

sportjames23
11-17-2019, 04:10 PM
No they dont. They are the new version of the oldhead MJ stains

Gonna be funny watching you Bron jizz buckets here when he finally hangs em up.

egokiller
11-17-2019, 04:14 PM
Gonna be funny watching you Bron jizz buckets here when he finally hangs em up.

Sadly 3/9 wont be much of a hang up. :lol

Doranku
11-17-2019, 04:15 PM
I definitely still care about the NBA, and am still (and always will be) a Lakers fan, but I'd be lying if I said I'm as passionate now as I was when Kobe was competing for rings.

Watching Kobe during middle school & high school was what drew me in to the NBA. Had always been a casual fan but watching Kobe was really what took my interest in the NBA to the next level. His game was mesmerizing to me, I sometimes wonder if I'll ever feel that level of excitement again watching a game.

Players I like watching now outside of the Lakers? Kyrie, Kawhi, and Ja Morant

ShawkFactory
11-17-2019, 09:47 PM
Of course they do. Instead of Kobe fans...they're now Lebron haters. That's the most important thing in basketball now.

MoBe1Kanobi
11-18-2019, 12:26 AM
Well now I get to fully devote my time to my Kings instead of being kinda forced to keep to keep up with both teams. One positive about Kobe's retirement is that I don't have to root for Los Angeles anymore :rockon:

k 96
11-18-2019, 11:08 AM
The only reason I watch the NBA now is for Brandon Ingram. I dumped my Laker Jersey after Le 3 of 9 James traded him.

superduper
11-18-2019, 11:09 AM
Bran stans are literally going to go through dysphoria having not a single clue what to do with their day-to-day lives without their jizz king :oldlol:

Bosnian Sajo
11-18-2019, 11:12 AM
Kobe retiring does not mean that the Lakers franchise folded. Difference between Kobe fans and Lebron fans is the fact that we have a team we root for, Lebron fans keep hoping.

Bosnian Sajo
11-18-2019, 11:16 AM
I'm probably more passionate now than I ever have been before, due to the fact that my favorite team has been a dumpster fire for the past 6 years. It's just THAT much sweeter now that we are winning.

Might be biased, but I believe we have the most entertaining basketball in the NBA at the moment. Our superstars are great, we have a very solid and deep rotation full of 3 point shooters, tough defenders, and a third option in Kyle Kuzma who can explode on any given night. Our coach has done a great job thus far, Frank Vogel and his staff have been magnificent. Oh, and Dwight Howard. PICKUP OF THE OFFSEASON. We expected AD to be good, Danny Green we knew he'd come in and have an impact...but Dwight has been such a blessing.

Top 3 Lakers for me atm: Dwight, Kuz, Caruso.

HylianNightmare
11-18-2019, 11:18 AM
Yeah I love watching lebron fall short