PDA

View Full Version : LeBron can get his 5th MVP this season

Angel Face
11-17-2019, 11:26 PM
He has a superteam right now that can lead to most wins in the current NBA season, 5th MVP will make him along the likes of MJ and Kareem as the 3 NBA players to win the title.

He is currently a sidekick to AD but is a household name, most likely voters will pick him over his team mate AD.

We'll see how this unfolds, LeRobin might win his 5th MVP.

ShawkFactory
11-17-2019, 11:28 PM
He has a superteam right now that can lead to most wins in the current NBA season, 5th MVP will make him along the likes of MJ and Kareem as the 3 NBA players to win the title.

He is currently a sidekick to AD but is a household name, most likely voters will pick him over his team mate AD.

Have you watched any Lakers games?

RealSkipBayless
11-17-2019, 11:28 PM
He has a superteam right now
No.

LAmbruh
11-17-2019, 11:29 PM
No.
:lol

4:30 2nd QT

Lakers currently up +20

AD - 0 points
LBJ - 17, 5, 5.

LostCause
11-18-2019, 09:49 AM
He can, and it’ll definitely happen if the Lakers have a Top 2 record. Giannis could win it again though, and Westbrook isn’t hurting Hardens chances that much either

Preseason I thought Jokic would be a favorite but he’s not in the mix. Doncic has been huge and if his team was winning more he’d be a strong candidate also

For now though I’d roll with Giannis

SpaceJam2
11-18-2019, 11:48 AM
:lol

4:30 2nd QT

Lakers currently up +20

AD - 0 points
LBJ - 17, 5, 5.

Ouch :lol

2ez

:dancin

superduper
11-18-2019, 11:49 AM
Bran is known to try his hardest vs lottery teams in the regular season so I agree he has a very strong chance.

Unfortunately Bran ball doesn't translate into the postseason without multiple superstars.

PP34Deuce
11-18-2019, 12:21 PM
Lebron to me parallel's Peyton Manning of the NFL.

I believe this year will be Lebron's year similar to Peyton's Bronco championship run. I believe he will be extremely efficient and by the playoffs, you will see Anthony Davis become the focal point.

Lebron can anchor this team while AD gets himself right. AD is going to be needed along with Green, Howard, and Bradley after February.

scuzzy
11-18-2019, 12:22 PM
LeBron last 5 games: 12.2 assists/game, 1.8 turnovers/game

SpaceJam2
11-18-2019, 12:28 PM
LeBron last 5 games: 12.2 assists/game, 1.8 turnovers/game

LeRemarkable

:eek:

Indian guy
11-18-2019, 01:04 PM
I believe he will be extremely efficient and by the playoffs, you will see Anthony Davis become the focal point.

Anthony Davis is ideally suited to be the #2 guy. His offensive game simply isn't dynamic enough to be the #1 option of a championship team. He gets most of his points within the flow of the game (dependent on others creating for him) - lobs, put backs, transition, pick n roll with the occasional jumper mixed in. Still a very good scorer, but not the give-him-the-ball-and-clear-out volume scorer that all championship teams need. And I don' t know why LA's trying to force him into that role with the excessive post-ups. He's not really that guy.

If LA's going to win it all, LeBron absolutely needs to be their best offensive player (as he has comfortably been so far). He's just a far better creator.

And to answer OP, LeBron at age 35/Year 17 simply doesn't have the motor required to put in a season-long MVP performance. We've already seen games from him this season where he looks old. Not old because he is having a poor game, but old because he's moving slow, looks stiff, can't finish and is giving sub-par effort because he's tired. All direct results of his age and he won't magically stop being that age as the season wears on. Still a top 5 player, but the MVP award is an 82-game reward of consistency and thus naturally suited for guys who have youth on their side to bring it every night.

It will come down between Giannis and Harden again.

Manny98
11-18-2019, 01:41 PM
Damm LeBron could finish off the season with 5 MVPs 4 rings and 4 FMVPs :bowdown:

red1
11-18-2019, 01:42 PM
Damm LeBron could finish off the season with 5 MVPs 4 rings and 4 FMVPs
dont get ahead of yourself retard.

now that you predicted it, it's probably not gonna happen. you're always wrong. :facepalm

Turbo Slayer
11-18-2019, 01:43 PM
Damm LeBron could finish off the season with 5 MVPs 4 rings and 4 FMVPs :bowdown:
chill wait. :oldlol:

Rico2016
11-18-2019, 01:43 PM

Truly GOAT effort

ImKobe
11-18-2019, 03:39 PM
No he can't. Giannis will put up better numbers and end up with the #1 seed in his Conference, he'll win B2B MVPs. 30/14/7 64%TS right now in just 33 mpg on a 9-3 team, no co-star, no stacked bench, leads his team in every stat except for blocks and leads the league in all key advanced stats you stans used to love so much.

SouBeachTalents
11-18-2019, 03:43 PM
Lebron to me parallel's Peyton Manning of the NFL.

I believe this year will be Lebron's year similar to Peyton's Bronco championship run. I believe he will be extremely efficient and by the playoffs, you will see Anthony Davis become the focal point.

Lebron can anchor this team while AD gets himself right. AD is going to be needed along with Green, Howard, and Bradley after February.
Bro, did you watch football that year? Peyton was awful that season, so much so he at one point got benched for Brock Osweiler :oldlol: Considering LeBron's playing at an MVP level, absolutely terrible comparison

Manny98
11-18-2019, 03:45 PM
No he can't. Giannis will put up better numbers and end up with the #1 seed in his Conference, he'll win B2B MVPs. 30/14/7 64%TS right now in just 33 mpg on a 9-3 team, no co-star, no stacked bench, leads his team in every stat except for blocks and leads the league in all key advanced stats you stans used to love so much.
Yh but Giannis won it last year so even if Giannis finishes the season with slightly better numbers they would give it to LeBron due to voter fatigue

ImKobe
11-18-2019, 03:53 PM
Yh but Giannis won it last year so even if Giannis finishes the season with slightly better numbers they would give it to LeBron due to voter fatigue

No they wouldn't because Giannis would be winning a similar number of games without a great supporting cast. Lebron has another top 5 player in the league, a 3rd option as good(if not better) than Middleton and a better supporting cast overall.

Giannis will do this all year, Lebron will take games off and AD will dominate for large stretches of the season, that's a big reason why Bron won't have a chance at an MVP.

RRR3
11-18-2019, 03:53 PM
No they wouldn't because Giannis would be winning a similar number of games without a great supporting cast. Lebron has another top 5 player in the league, a 3rd option as good(if not better) than Middleton and a better supporting cast overall.

Giannis will do this all year, Lebron will take games off and AD will dominate for large stretches of the season, that's a big reason why Bron won't have a chance at an MVP.
WHO?

ImKobe
11-18-2019, 04:03 PM
WHO?

Kuzma...obviously

RRR3
11-18-2019, 04:05 PM
Kuzma...obviously
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

banworthy

superduper
11-18-2019, 04:08 PM

banworthy

Careers-

Middleton: 16-5-3
Kuzma: 17-6-2

Pretty even players except one is a 2nd option and one is a 3rd option.

As usual, LeStacked.

RRR3
11-18-2019, 04:12 PM
Careers-

Middleton: 16-5-3
Kuzma: 17-6-2

Pretty even players except one is a 2nd option and one is a 3rd option.

As usual, LeStacked.
Kindergarten level analysis.

As usual, superduperdumb.

superduper
11-18-2019, 04:14 PM

As usual, superduperdumb.

Pretty reminiscent of all of the Kobe hater analysis but when it's against your hero....:cry:

Bankaii
11-18-2019, 04:15 PM
Giannis is in the D-league East while Lebron is dominating the Wild Wild West.
Why don

ImKobe
11-18-2019, 04:16 PM

banworthy

how? Kuzma last year put up 19/6/3 on 55%TS, Middleton 18/6/4 on 56%TS.. Middleton is a better 3-point shooter so far while Kuzma's a more versatile scorer, both are mediocre defensive players. Middleton has the advantage of playing with Giannis, which means he's shooting wide open 3s. Kuzma had a slow start coming off injury but has been on fire from 3 the last 5 games so they'll end up with similar numbers again.

Giannis is in the D-league East while Lebron is dominating the Wild Wild West.
Why don’t I see you using that argument anymore?

That's more of a Playoffs argument when it comes to the strength of the opponents en route to the Finals, obviously the West has more overall talent and you end up playing more WC teams but Giannis dominates against most WC teams. My argument for Giannis is that he'll end up with the #1 seed in his Conference while putting up the best numbers in the league, that's huge for his MVP chances.

RRR3
11-18-2019, 04:20 PM
how? Kuzma last year put up 19/6/3 on 55%TS, Middleton 18/6/4 on 56%TS.. Middleton is a better 3-point shooter so far while Kuzma's a more versatile scorer, both are mediocre defensive players. Middleton has the advantage of playing with Giannis, which means he's shooting wide open 3s. Kuzma had a slow start coming off injury but has been on fire from 3 the last 5 games so they'll end up with similar numbers again.

That's more of a Playoffs argument when it comes to the strength of the opponents en route to the Finals, obviously the West has more overall talent and you end up playing more WC teams but Giannis dominates against most WC teams. My argument for Giannis is that he'll end up with the #1 seed in his Conference while putting up the best numbers in the league, that's huge for his MVP chances.
BPM

Middleton: 0.8
Kuzma: -1.7

RPM

Middleton: 1.89
Kuzma: 0.01

:yaohappy:

Celtics 1825
11-18-2019, 04:26 PM
Curry won it 2 years in a row

Meticode
11-18-2019, 04:28 PM
There are no super teams currently in the NBA.

Uncle Drew
11-18-2019, 04:30 PM
Kuzma...obviously

Kuzma is hot garbage, lmao. :roll: Whatever you on, get off that. I just spat out my coffee. You are taking the piss, aren't you? Please tell me you are. I'm concerned.

ImKobe
11-18-2019, 04:31 PM
BPM

RPM

You don't even need to google the numbers to know they're in the same tier as overall players, you just have to watch the games and see for yourself.

BPM of 0.8 on a 60-win team? You think that's great for a 2nd option? He was 6th in BPM on the Bucks last season :lol .

Kuzma is hot garbage, lmao. :roll: Whatever you on, get off that. I just spat out my coffee. You are taking the piss, aren't you? Please tell me you are. I'm concerned.

Hot garbage how? Ok so he was slow to come back from his injury in his first 4 games, last 5 he's been great for us and he was great most of last season.

Uncle Drew
11-18-2019, 04:34 PM
Kuzma is terrible, just awful. He is the forward version of Jordan Clarkson. Please tell me what he provides besides getting you 15 to 20 points now and then? (while giving up just as much on the other end)

superduper
11-18-2019, 04:34 PM
BPM

RPM

RRR3tard!

ImKobe
11-18-2019, 04:40 PM
Kuzma is terrible, just awful. He is the forward version of Jordan Clarkson. Please tell me what he provides besides getting you 15 to 20 points now and then? (while giving up just as much on the other end)

And please tell me what Middleton does, other than score 15 to 20 points now and then?

Uncle Drew
11-18-2019, 04:43 PM
And please tell me what Middleton does, other than score 15 to 20 points now and then?
Don't dodge the question, answer it. I don't give a shit about Middleton.

That said, unlike Kuzma, Middleton can actually shoot half decently, he can grab a rebound here and there, he can make a pass without the ball being a lock to hobble out of bounds and he doesn't automatically give up a point for everyone he gets. Kuzma is trash.

ImKobe
11-18-2019, 04:50 PM
Don't dodge the question, answer it. I don't give a shit about Middleton.

That said, unlike Kuzma, Middleton can actually shoot half decently, he can grab a rebound here and there, he can make a pass without the ball being a lock to hobble out of bounds and he doesn't automatically give up a point for everyone he gets. Kuzma is trash.

They both rebound at a similar rate and Middleton has some terrible turnovers in crunch time, I don't think you've ever watched a Bucks game tbh. Even Bucks fans don't ride as hard for Middleton as you :lol .

This is Kuzma's first year of playing on a decent team, his 3PT% will be a lot better than it was last season. Heck, he shot 36.6% as a rookie with over 5 attempts a game. Both take 6 threes a game and I expect both to shoot a similar percentage for this season.

They're essentially the same player, neither can run an offense but they'll go off from three every now and then and are non-factors when they can't hit a shot.

3ball
11-18-2019, 04:53 PM
Lebron needed 2 extra seasons to match MJ in MVP's, so that's inferior, but what else is new

I have no doubt that Lebron will win it this year because the media is dumb as shit - he was lottery last year, so AD is the difference this year, but they'll ignore this obvious reality.

Uncle Drew
11-18-2019, 04:56 PM
They both rebound at a similar rate and Middleton has some terrible turnovers in crunch time, I don't think you've ever watched a Bucks game tbh. Even Bucks fans don't ride as hard for Middleton as you :lol .

This is Kuzma's first year of playing on a decent team, his 3PT% will be a lot better than it was last season. Heck, he shot 36.6% as a rookie with over 5 attempts a game. Both take 6 threes a game and I expect both to shoot a similar percentage for this season.

They're essentially the same player, neither can run an offense or take over a series but they'll go off from three every now and then and are non-factors when they can't hit a shot.
Well, actually, I am not all that high on Middleton. The mere point that had to come across, that you somehow apparently missed, is that Kuzma ain't much better than a traffic cone. Any half decent NBA player is almost better by default. Kyle Kuzma is a negative at whatever he does. The guy is 6'9'' and barely grabs more rebounds than me. :oldlol: We also have almost exactly the same assist to turnover ratio. Amazing. The only difference is I do not get paid millions to be a non-factor on the basketball court.

Turbo Slayer
11-18-2019, 04:58 PM
Well, actually, I am not all that high on Middleton. The mere point that had to come across, that you somehow apparently missed, is that Kuzma ain't much better than a traffic cone. Any half decent NBA player is almost better by default. Kyle Kuzma is a negative at whatever he does. The guy is 6'9'' and barely grabs more rebounds than me. :oldlol: We also have almost exactly the same assist to turnover ratio. Amazing. The only difference is I do not get paid millions to be a non-factor on the basketball court.
:oldlol:

ImKobe
11-18-2019, 05:01 PM

He averages 5.8 rebounds a game for his career :biggums: what are you on about? The guy you defended averages 4.5 .

All I see here is that you really have no argument for Middleton and just started quoting me without really having a point to prove.

Uncle Drew
11-18-2019, 05:04 PM
He averages 5.8 rebounds a game for his career :biggums: what are you on about? The guy you defended averages 4.5 .

All I see here is that you really have no argument for Middleton and just started quoting me without really having a point to prove.
Are you special? It's like I'm talking to a wall here. I don't give a damn about Middleton.

ImKobe
11-18-2019, 05:07 PM
Are you special? It's like I'm talking to a wall here. I don't give a damn about Middleton.

Then why are you still replying to me? I don't care about your personal opinions on Kuzma, I just compared him to Middleton because both are similar in what they do on the court, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

You're obviously trying to shit on Kuzma to make Lebron look better as you always do with his teammates.

Manny98
11-18-2019, 05:08 PM
Lebron needed 2 extra seasons to match MJ in MVP's, so that's inferior, but what else is new

I have no doubt that Lebron will win it this year because the media is dumb as shit - he was lottery last year, so AD is the difference this year, but they'll ignore this obvious reality.
Where would you rank LeBron if he wins the MVP + Championship?

Lebron6
11-18-2019, 05:09 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8b/d8/1a/8bd81a50eb70b4f479f5a77d891c133d.jpg

LeGOAT

Lebron6
11-18-2019, 05:09 PM
I would rank him as the GOAT. :cheers:

SouBeachTalents
11-18-2019, 05:10 PM

LeGOAT
While impressive, he probably did that against some scrub team in the first round

Lebron6
11-18-2019, 05:11 PM
While impressive, he probably did that against some scrub team in the first round
:oldlol: good job imitating a hater :oldlol:

:applause:

Uncle Drew
11-18-2019, 05:15 PM
You're obviously trying to shit on Kuzma.
Why yes I am. Spitting nothing but facts in the process too. Kuzma is the forward version of Clarkson: garbage. I know it, and you know it as well.

3ball
11-18-2019, 05:23 PM
Same as before - after 17 years, his ranking is set

I could care less how many rings he adds on after he's already played longer than guys like mj, bird, magic, etc

And btw, he has zero rings to me - only team-hopped rings that anyone would win... i.e. Bird/Wade/Bosh go 4/4

SouBeachTalents
11-18-2019, 05:27 PM
And btw, he has zero rings to me - only team-hopped rings that anyone would win... i.e. Bird/Wade/Bosh go 4/4
Yet you have Kevin Durant in your top 10 :oldlol:

http://insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13751190&postcount=41

Uncle Drew
11-18-2019, 05:28 PM
Yet you have Kevin Durant top 10 :oldlol:

:roll:

PP34Deuce
11-18-2019, 06:46 PM
Lol better discussion by january. Harden is still great and giannis..

jlip
11-18-2019, 06:54 PM

I don't know if anyone else has pointed this out, because I did not go through the entire thread, but Bill Russell has five league MVPs also. Also, Kareem has the most with six.

knicksman
11-18-2019, 06:56 PM
Most players who have won 3 rings arent trying to prove themselves anymore. But looks like lebron is still insecure. Coz he knows that his rings are just garnett rings and not jordan.

SpaceJam2
11-18-2019, 08:31 PM
Yet you have Kevin Durant in your top 10 :oldlol:

3ball stays losing

Ethered again :lol

Old man is washed up

SpaceJam2
11-18-2019, 08:34 PM

LeGOAT

Win