PDA

View Full Version : Luca is the next GOAT candidate

StrongLurk
11-18-2019, 11:54 PM
Since MJ, it's been Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, Lebron, and then Durant. Curry had his moment, but not quite top 10 all time type moment.

The fact the Luca is doing what he is doing at 20 years old is crazy. Only Lebron was this good at 20, and we can basically compare Lebron's 3rd season at 20/21 with Luca this season 20/21.

Bronbron23
11-19-2019, 12:01 AM
I like him but hell no. Greek is the future. Like mj he's gonna deny alot of great players chips. Luca being one of them

BasedTom
11-19-2019, 12:21 AM
I like him but hell no. Greek is the future. Like mj he's gonna deny alot of great players chips. Luca being one of them
Luka just needs to get off the bum ass Mavs. Take his talents to South Beach :pimp:

Marchesk
11-19-2019, 12:22 AM
Is he good? Can Kawhi get him?

stalkerforlife
11-19-2019, 12:31 AM
OP trying to be sly by comparing third season Bran to Luka.

No, Bran was not as good as a rookie nor in his second season.

ONE title for Luka with Dallas without ever leaving puts him ahead of Bran all time.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
11-19-2019, 12:34 AM

ONE title for Luka with Dallas without ever leaving puts him ahead of Bran all time.

this LMAO

Luka is way better than rookie or sophomore Bran who couldnt even get his team into the playoffs in a historicaly sht Leastern conference and he had allstar Big Z. Its not even close

StrongLurk
11-19-2019, 12:13 PM

I compare ages which is more important than seasons in my opinion.

StrongLurk
11-19-2019, 12:15 PM

Bro it took Greek until he was 23 to become a top 5-10 player in the league and he was trash initially.

Luca is already killing it at age 20.

superduper
11-19-2019, 12:18 PM

Lol are you out of your mind? Giannis is a great and an absolute dominating being physically. But Luka has a certain skill level and confidence about himself and his game that Giannis has not yet achieved and probably never will tbh.

Luka sees the game at a whole different level than Giannis does.

StrongLurk
11-19-2019, 12:21 PM
Lol are you out of your mind? Giannis is a great and an absolute dominating being physically. But Luka has a certain skill level and confidence about himself and his game that Giannis has not yet achieved and probably never will tbh.

People are truly underestimating what Luka is doing at such a young age.

Luka's CAREER averages are going to look insane like Lebron's because of it.

SpaceJam2
11-19-2019, 12:31 PM
No one is close to LBJ, not even MJ let alone Luka...

Not even close.

superduper
11-19-2019, 12:50 PM
No one is close to LBJ, not even MJ let alone Luka...

Not even close.

If it were that obvious y'all wouldn't need to insecurely scream it to your alts back and forth 20x a day every single day :oldlol:

Keep your cringe insecurity out of this thread please, good discussion going on no need to ruin it with Letard nonsense.

Uncle Drew
11-19-2019, 12:51 PM
LeBron laid the blueprint for Doncic. We win either way.

StrongLurk
11-19-2019, 12:53 PM
LeBron laid the blueprint for Doncic. We win either way.

Doncic is definitely in the LeFam.

So is Lonzo Ball but the LeFam does their best to ignore him.

SpaceJam2
11-19-2019, 02:17 PM
If it were that obvious y'all wouldn't need to insecurely scream it to your alts back and forth 20x a day every single day :oldlol:

Keep your cringe insecurity out of this thread please, good discussion going on no need to ruin it with Letard nonsense.

You talkin about 3ball? :lol

Bronbron23
11-19-2019, 03:09 PM

Yes Luka is definitely more skilled I'll give you that but his athleticism is far below Greeks. Luka is so skilled that he's pretty much maxed out as far as potential. Greek on the other hand has a much higher ceiling because of his athleticism and room for improvement. He's also way better defensively. I could be wrong though we'll see. If I am I won't be mad because I really like Luka. I just don't see him being better than Greek at any point

3ball
11-19-2019, 03:26 PM
Yes he's the next MJ victim

He's the next guy to be a long 2nd to MJ in a goat poll - I predict that mj will get 2 goat votes for every 1 that Luka gets, just like MJ did with Lebron and Kobe in the past

The guy retired 20 years ago and is still the consensus goat... Lol

CTbasketball92
11-19-2019, 03:56 PM
Yes Luka is definitely more skilled I'll give you that but his athleticism is far below Greeks. Luka is so skilled that he's pretty much maxed out as far as potential. Greek on the other hand has a much higher ceiling because of his athleticism and room for improvement. He's also way better defensively. I could be wrong though we'll see. If I am I won't be mad because I really like Luka. I just don't see him being better than Greek at any point

Giannis' inability to score against elite defense in the halfcourt in the playoffs is still something that he needs to address. Luka will have to prove himself, but he allready appears to be the much more resilient scorer. That's not even taking into account that he could get to like 37% from three.

Luka will be better than the Kobes, Hardens, KDs and Currys. He's in that GOAT class in terms of all-around offense and unparalleled skill level.

Bronbron23
11-19-2019, 04:52 PM
Giannis' inability to score against elite defense in the halfcourt in the playoffs is still something that he needs to address. Luka will have to prove himself, but he allready appears to be the much more resilient scorer. That's not even taking into account that he could get to like 37% from three.

Luka will be better than the Kobes, Hardens, KDs and Currys. He's in that GOAT class in terms of all-around offense and unparalleled skill level.
Have to wait and see. Playoffs are a different animal.

And ive been critical of Greeks half court game come playoff time also. He's working on it though and I believe he has the drive and work ethic to improve significantly.

I'm also not convinced that Luka will do what he's doing come Playoff time. His release is pretty slow. Defences are gonna be able to be more physical and get in his space more making his shot harder to get off. Time will tell. It's gonna be fun watching either way

superduper
11-19-2019, 05:25 PM
Have to wait and see. Playoffs are a different animal.

And ive been critical of Greeks half court game come playoff time also. He's working on it though and I believe he has the drive and work ethic to improve significantly.

I'm also not convinced that Luka will do what he's doing come Playoff time. His release is pretty slow. Defences are gonna be able to be more physical and get in his space more making his shot harder to get off. Time will tell. It's gonna be fun watching either way

That I can agree with at least. Have yet to see what he's made of in the playoffs.

StrongLurk
11-20-2019, 09:41 PM
Bump.

33/5/6 in 17 minutes...

10/11, 6/7 from 3, 7/8 FTs

Dude is a top 5 player in the league (with Curry/KD injured at least).

90sgoat
11-20-2019, 09:43 PM

He's the next guy to be a long 2nd to MJ in a goat poll - I predict that mj will get 2 goat votes for every 1 that Luka gets, just like MJ did with Lebron and Kobe in the past

Unlike Lebron, Luka actually has the skillset to match MJ, like Bird had.

I don't have Lebron anywhere near the top 2 though, so it's a false discussion. Lebron lingers around the top 10, at the very best he fights to be top 5-7.

Luka is as skilled as Bird, who I have top 3.

warriorfan
11-20-2019, 10:15 PM

RIP James Jordan

CodeBreaker
11-20-2019, 10:35 PM
The Greek that was clamped by Brazil in FIBA? :lol

Keno
11-21-2019, 12:04 AM
learned it all from lebron, kid has a bright future. :applause:

DMAVS41
11-21-2019, 12:43 AM
Bump.

33/5/6 in 17 minutes...

10/11, 6/7 from 3, 7/8 FTs

Dude is a top 5 player in the league (with Curry/KD injured at least).

As much as the Mavs fan in me wants to say Luka is one of the 5 best players...I really think we have to see a playoff series out of him before we start saying he's better than certain guys.

Smoke117
11-21-2019, 12:59 AM

lol That was a different league. You could actually play defense in 2004 and 2005. Luka wouldn't be putting up the numbers he is right now if his 2nd season was in 2005.

FireDavidKahn
11-21-2019, 01:33 AM
I tried to warn you guys.

Luka DonThicc

Another Thicc Daddy Dick in the LeBron fam:bowdown:

FireDavidKahn
11-21-2019, 01:35 AM
Imagine actually thinking this.

Real life ain't 2K where ratings have caps, son.

You can always improve.

And further...you think a 20 year old is maxed out?

:roll: :roll: :facepalm

warriorfan
11-21-2019, 01:47 AM
Imagine actually thinking this.

Real life ain't 2K where ratings have caps, son.

You can always improve.

And further...you think a 20 year old is maxed out?

:roll: :roll: :facepalm

That poster is a f aggot troll but he has a point. There’s definitely a point where improvement starts to plateau...the GOATs are able to break through these however. He’s obviously way ahead of the curve, so he’s also way closer to his possible plateau. TBH it’s still early but he has shown enough of that “it” factor that makes it seem very possible or even probable that the breaks through to the next level, the level of the most great of all time.

StrongLurk
06-03-2021, 08:38 PM
Bump

Axe
06-03-2021, 08:39 PM
About to send kawhit home.