PDA

View Full Version : Luka Doncic vs Lamar Jackson: Bigger Phenom?

DaHeezy
11-21-2019, 12:15 PM
Both players had the biggest skeptics vs the hype and attention in their leagues. Both have more than exceeded expectations. Who's the bigger phenom?

dude77
11-21-2019, 12:21 PM
obviously doncic because he's white 'unathletic' and only 20 .. wtf expected this guy to put up a 30 pt triple double in 26 min

elementally morale
11-21-2019, 12:22 PM
At first I was wrong about Doncic. I liked his game. Watched some of his Euroleague games. You had to see the obvious talent. However, I thought he won't do very well in the NBA because of his speed (or lack thereof), lack of stamina and muscle. So some Jokic-problems.

Last year I was surprised how well Luka played but was reluctant to believe he can get much better without fixing the problems above. Well, I was wrong. Luka is Bird-like in this regard. Doesn't need that athleticism.

As for Lamar Jackson, I have no idea who the guy is. Is he good? Can the Lakers get him?

Real Men Wear Green
11-21-2019, 01:26 PM
If he can lead the Ravens to the Superbowl it's Jackson but Doncic is currently more statistically impressive. Some of you might be surprised to learn that Jackson has elite QB numbers this year, 4th in QB rating currently.

bigkingsfan
11-21-2019, 03:28 PM
Lamar Jackson is the current favorite for MVP

Trollsmasher
11-21-2019, 03:32 PM
imma go with the white guy

DaHeezy
11-21-2019, 04:03 PM
At first I was wrong about Doncic. I liked his game. Watched some of his Euroleague games. You had to see the obvious talent. However, I thought he won't do very well in the NBA because of his speed (or lack thereof), lack of stamina and muscle. So some Jokic-problems.

Last year I was surprised how well Luka played but was reluctant to believe he can get much better without fixing the problems above. Well, I was wrong. Luka is Bird-like in this regard. Doesn't need that athleticism.

As for Lamar Jackson, I have no idea who the guy is. Is he good? Can the Lakers get him?

He'd be the 3rd best player on the team

DaHeezy
11-21-2019, 04:05 PM
obviously doncic because he's white 'unathletic' and only 20 .. wtf expected this guy to put up a 30 pt triple double in 26 min

ATST Lamar is beating traditional pocket passers in QB rating. Impressive for a guy who's accuracy and QB IQ was in question. Alongside of SMASHING every QB rushing record

highwhey
11-21-2019, 04:14 PM
Lamar Jackson.

The NBA is manufacturing Luka.

SouBeachTalents
11-21-2019, 04:17 PM
As impressive as Luka's rookie year was, nobody would've predicted he'd be playing at a level like this. He's already a legitimate superstar at 20 years old.

Even still, I think Lamar's play has been more surprising to me. He looked extremely limited as a passer, but this year he's improved in that facet exponentially, and he's legitimately played like a top 5 QB in the league, which is extremely impressive when you factor in the competition he has there in Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Mahomes, Wilson etc.

It's a very good question OP, but one that I honestly can't answer just yet, they're basically at similar levels individually in their respective sports right now

ralph_i_el
11-21-2019, 04:24 PM
Lamar Jackson.

The NBA is manufacturing Luka.

Found the dude who doesn't watch games:lol