PDA

View Full Version : Why did Vlade Divac get an Extension after Drafting Bagley over Doncic?

AirTupac
11-22-2019, 11:30 AM
Kings have been cursed since they first brought Divac into their lives. Then they double downed and got the curse bros back in Divac and Peja as their front office. You'd think 2 eastern euros would draft a prodigy in Doncic to go with their serb players in Bogdanovic and Bjelica. Doncic + Fox would be amazing. Those 2 retards probably had a grudge against Slovenians and drafted a much inferior talent. Kings were so impressed by Divac's retardation they gave him an extension at missing out on a generational talent that could have led their team for 15 years+

MoBe1Kanobi
11-22-2019, 01:13 PM
The Kings are on pace to finish with a better record than the Mavs, especially considering that Fox and Bags basically have yet to play together this season.

That's good GMing.

Luka ball is low ceiling, uninspiring iso ball

Vlade drafted the best player.

AirTupac
11-22-2019, 01:19 PM
What do you mean on pace. Dallas is 5th seed. Kings not even in playoffs

Bosnian Sajo
11-22-2019, 01:34 PM
The Kings are on pace to finish with a better record than the Mavs, especially considering that Fox and Bags basically have yet to play together this season.

That's good GMing.

You can't possibly believe any of that, can you?

Xiao Yao You
11-22-2019, 01:37 PM
You can't possibly believe any of that, can you?

time will tell

tontoz
11-22-2019, 02:39 PM

That's good GMing.

:wtf:

Dallas has the top ranked offense in the league. Sacramento is 14th.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/offensive-efficiency

Dallas is 9-5. Sac is 6-7.

warriorfan
11-22-2019, 02:42 PM
The Kings.

Haymaker
11-22-2019, 03:00 PM
Vlade has done some bad moves, but also some good ones. Kings are looking good as a young team with raw talent. The acquisition of Hields was brilliant. I believe Luka wanted to go to the Mavs so he refused working out for both Kings and Hawks. Bagley could still turn out pretty good, it's not like he drafted a bust.

Xiao Yao You
11-22-2019, 03:05 PM
Vlade has done some bad moves, but also some good ones. Kings are looking good as a young team with raw talent. The acquisition of Hields was brilliant. I believe Luka wanted to go to the Mavs so he refused working out for both Kings and Hawks. Bagley could still turn out pretty good, it's not like he drafted a bust.

Hield was just a bonus. Finally getting rid of Decancer was the big move

Haymaker
11-22-2019, 03:52 PM
Hield was just a bonus. Finally getting rid of Decancer was the big move

Not only a bonus. The acquisition of Hields was huge in itself, and as you said, getting rid of Cousins was equally big.

ImKobe
11-22-2019, 05:13 PM
Drafting Luka could have put them over the top but it's not like they've done a bad job in comparison to what the Kings had been doing the past 10 years before that, they have a top 5 3-Point shooting team and they're all young, Bagley will eat once he gets healthy. They were 3rd in 3PT% last year but didn't take a lot of attempts, this year they've upped the volume and are currently 5th in 3PT%.

Luke had my young Lakers playing defense, I'm not sure if they have the right personnel in Sacramento though, they got Holmes who played in Phoenix last season and he's been pretty great in Bagley's absence. They've won 3 out of their last 4 without Fox which is pretty impressive, they beat the Celtics and could have won against the Lakers as well.

AirTupac
11-23-2019, 12:02 AM
macmahon: "my understanding is that him (vlade divac) being so close to luka and knowing his dad so well, factored into their decision. basically he didn't think a whole lot of luka's dad, and the whole like father like son...well....i don't....no, this is a different dude. you messed that one up vlade."