PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone actually think the clippers aren't winning it all?

Bronbron23
11-25-2019, 11:18 PM
Lakers aren't deep enough and they don't use AD correctly. The rockets have two stars that get worse come Playoff time. Philly dosnt have good enough shooters and gaurd play and the Celtics don't have any superstars. Nobody else is even worth mentioning besides maybe the Mavs but they're lead by a puppy with no playoff experience.

So who in the hell is beating them?

Nike D'Antoni
11-25-2019, 11:19 PM
Maybe injuries. Also I dont trust Paul George in playoffs, he is ultimate choker.

NBAGOAT
11-25-2019, 11:30 PM
Really disrespectful to mil lol

Bronbron23
11-25-2019, 11:36 PM
Really disrespectful to mil lol
Agreed. In my drunkness I forgot all about them and Greek is one of my favorite players right now. That said I still don't think he's quite ready. He needs another year or 2 to develop his threes, mid range and post game. He's coming though.

Bronbron23
11-25-2019, 11:38 PM
Maybe injuries. Also I dont trust Paul George in playoffs, he is ultimate choker.
Yeah true but he's never had a guy like kawhi to take the pressure off him. With Indiana he was by himself and with okc he had to deal with Westbrick and his poor decision making.

BigShotBob
11-25-2019, 11:44 PM
They are the clear favorites to me. This is Kawhi's league until KD comes back to reclaim his throne.

NBAGOAT
11-25-2019, 11:49 PM
Agreed. In my drunkness I forgot all about them and Greek is one of my favorite players right now. That said I still don't think he's quite ready. He needs another year or 2 to develop his threes, mid range and post game. He's coming though.

I can agree with that. Also don’t have the best roster. I’ve said this a lot since it’s been slightly overlooked however. Asking any team to play 7 road games in a series is pretty tough. I agree clips have the best roster top to bottom

RoseCity07
11-25-2019, 11:51 PM
Never know for sure. Injuries can play a huge factor. 82 game season and Kawhi always looks like he's limping.

imdaman99
Harden lit them up twice. Clips usually shut down #1 options, they couldn't stop Harden. Rockets only lost because Westbrook bricked a 3 when he should have drove :confusedshrug:

Proctor
Clippers still winning it all if PG and Kawhi are healthy in the playoffs.

Too many weapons on that team.

Bronbron23
11-26-2019, 12:23 AM
Harden lit them up twice. Clips usually shut down #1 options, they couldn't stop Harden. Rockets only lost because Westbrook bricked a 3 when he should have drove :confusedshrug:
Yeah true but I don't see harden lighting them up the same way in the playoffs because of the more physical play and less calls. as far as Westbrook that's kind of what he does. Especially come Playoff time. Even if harden somehow maintains this level in the post season he still has to deal with Westbricks poor shooting and bad decision making

lilteapot
11-26-2019, 12:30 AM
Clippers are easy favorites, imo. if kawhi and PG hadnt missed so many games they would probably be 1st or 2nd seed.

Marchesk
11-26-2019, 12:31 AM
Raptors all the way.

bigkingsfan
11-26-2019, 12:33 AM
They are winning because of Lou, Lakers have no counter

AussieSteve
11-26-2019, 02:27 AM
The reason the clips will win it all is clear as day in the box score against the Pels.

Kawhi -3
PG -9

25 point win.

Their second unit is good enough to be a starting 5 of their own.

qrich
11-26-2019, 02:29 AM
Bran fans getting excuses in already.

And they'll win because of their defense. Just looking at the DFG% +/- individually, and the numbers are astounding.

Kawhi Leonard: -10%
Ivica Zubac: -8.7%
Patrick Beverley: -6.5%
Lou Williams: -3.3%
Rodney McGruder: -3.1%
Montrezl Harrell: -1.7%
Jerome Robinson: -0.2%
Landry Shamet: +1%
Mo Harkless: +1.6%
Paul George: +5.4%

Obviously some of the numbers will regress/progress to the mean, such as PG being +5.4% and Lou holding people to a worse FG% than what they average.

iamgine
11-26-2019, 03:46 AM
Rooting for the Mavs this season. More fun rooting for the underdogs.

- Luka is playing at MVP level
- Porzingis is a legit star and he's only getting better
- Adding one more star power at trade deadline (Blake, Love)
- Surprisingly one of the best bench thus far
- Great coach

Jasper
11-26-2019, 10:45 AM
Does anyone actually think the clippers aren't winning it all?

right here

AirTupac
11-26-2019, 10:47 AM
Rooting for the Mavs this season. More fun rooting for the underdogs.

- Luka is playing at MVP level
- Porzingis is a legit star and he's only getting better
- Adding one more star power at trade deadline (Blake, Love)
- Surprisingly one of the best bench thus far
- Great coach

How is Porzingis a legit star? Hes been average.

18.5/9/2 on 41% FG. I guess everyones a star in the NBA now a days.

red1
11-26-2019, 11:16 AM
kawhi lou will PG and harrell is a sick 4th quarter line-up. they'll have to take out beverly and put in zubac because the lakers have a huge frontcourt.

AD and lebron will ball, AD might feast on the clippers in fact his length will be huge. kuzma and bradley will have to play well though because they'll have their hands full. clippers only weakness might be health the lakers have a lot of older players in the rotation but none of them are injury prone or already injured, unlike pg and kawhi.

DMAVS41
11-26-2019, 11:22 AM
How is Porzingis a legit star? Hes been average.

18.5/9/2 on 41% FG. I guess everyones a star in the NBA now a days.

I certainly wouldn't call him a star, but the spacing he provides on offense, his overall production, and his rim protection definitely make him better than average.

superduper
11-26-2019, 11:26 AM
Kawhi ain't winning SHIT without FVV/Siakam/Gasol :oldlol:

red1
11-26-2019, 11:27 AM
Kawhi ain't winning SHIT without FVV/Siakam/Gasol :oldlol:
he already did retard :roll:

DMAVS41
11-26-2019, 11:28 AM
Lakers aren't deep enough and they don't use AD correctly. The rockets have two stars that get worse come Playoff time. Philly dosnt have good enough shooters and gaurd play and the Celtics don't have any superstars. Nobody else is even worth mentioning besides maybe the Mavs but they're lead by a puppy with no playoff experience.

So who in the hell is beating them?

All depends on what other contending teams add.

The Bucks could beat them, for example, if they were healthy and added a piece. I'd still likely favor the Clippers, but Bucks with homecourt would be close to even money with a 10% improved roster.

Lakers could definitely beat them with homecourt and a couple additions around the edges.

Sixers...worse chance than the above, but certainly possible...especially if they make a move to add something.

Jazz/Rockets/Nuggets...far less likely, but certainly wouldn't be the biggest upsets ever or something. Rockets especially, even though everyone hates on them, with a healthy Gordon and one more wing that is a positive could be very dangerous.

Point is...while I agree the Clippers are the favorites to win...not all of the rosters are set for the playoffs yet...not even close...and there are quite a few really good teams in the league...a couple that are seemingly going to have homecourt advantage in a potential playoff series.

ronniec
11-26-2019, 11:28 AM
How good the Clippers are?

If you take out their best 2 players in KL and PG, they could still be a playoff team, and they proved it already.

KL and PG are their missing pieces and now they get it.

Imagine the Lakers without Lebron and AD, and look at Warriors without Curry and Klay... Clippers were always underrated, and still are.

Trollsmasher
11-26-2019, 11:32 AM
lmao Kawhi already looks like a cripple 15 games in

what's he gonna look like by the time WCF rolls around?

Also the LouWill/Montrezl combo won't be bailing them out forever. Once you have time to gameplan for these two you will eventually shut them down and then they will be exposed defensively as well

tanibanana
11-26-2019, 12:22 PM
They are clearly the favorites... Cippers played well in the Playoffs last year without George and Kawhi.. But they are'nt unbeatable.

ronniec
11-26-2019, 12:53 PM
lmao Kawhi already looks like a cripple 15 games in

what's he gonna look like by the time WCF rolls around?

Also the LouWill/Montrezl combo won't be bailing them out forever. Once you have time to gameplan for these two you will eventually shut them down and then they will be exposed defensively as well

You are correct, KL doesn't look healthy or anywhere close to 100%, I don't know why people are criticizing him for load management.

I have a couple of season ticket holder friends, and they both said there is nothing wrong to sit KL/PG for this reason. They were told before the contracts were signed, and they want the championship banner... missing out games is no big deal. Only the non-season ticket holders are whining.

It is easier to say than done to shut down Lou/Harrell, because you have KL/PG on the court now, and they will draw more defenders to them and open up the rest. Even Patrick Bev has more open shots than before.

AirBonner
11-26-2019, 01:56 PM
I don