PDA

View Full Version : For those creaming themselves over Luka Magic...Citing Luka > LBJ stats

SpaceJam2
11-26-2019, 04:03 PM
You also realize Luka is putting up better #s than MJ ever has in rebounds and assists? :lol

Be careful what you say kiddos

Doncic this year
rpg: 10.1
apg: 9.8

MJ career high
rpg: 8.0
apg 8.0

Think fast

The Iron Fist
11-26-2019, 04:08 PM
6 finals losses really puts a damper on personal stats.

Bronbron23
11-26-2019, 04:14 PM
You also realize Luka is putting up better #s than MJ ever has in rebounds and assists? :lol

Be careful what you say kiddos

Doncic this year
rpg: 10.1
apg: 9.8

MJ career high
rpg: 8.0
apg 8.0

Think fast this is why stats aren't the only measure. When you use the eye test and just common sense you would know that Luka gets more assists because he's
In a ball dominant system where everything is ran through him. Much like LeBron, harden and okc Westbrook. You would also see that there's less rim protection because so many bigs are defending on the perimeter. This allows for more rebounds.

The fact that someone like Russell Westbrook can get 10 assists a game in multiple seasons should tell you all you need to know about how these factors can lead to inflated stats.

SpaceJam2
11-26-2019, 04:49 PM
this is why stats aren't the only measure. When you use the eye test and just common sense you would know that Luka gets more assists because he's
In a ball dominant system where everything is ran through him. Much like LeBron, harden and okc Westbrook. You would also see that there's less rim protection because so many bigs are defending on the perimeter. This allows for more rebounds.

The fact that someone like Russell Westbrook can get 10 assists a game in multiple seasons should tell you all you need to know about how these factors can lead to inflated stats.

If MJ had better vision he would get more assists. Are you just going to ignore that all the assist leaders did this in the 80s and 90s with Magic, Stockton, and Marc Jackson :lol

I hate to tell you MJ wasn't a great playmaker...

NBASTATMAN
11-26-2019, 04:54 PM
6 finals losses really puts a damper on personal stats.
SO DOES LOSING IN THE FIRST ROUND MULTIPLE YEARS LIKE MJ:lol

LUKA about to put pg and beverly on skates tonight:applause:

SpaceJam2
11-26-2019, 05:02 PM

Imagine three 1st round exits going 1 for 10 before Pippen saved your career :lol

AlternativeAcc.
11-26-2019, 05:15 PM

SHUT IT DOWN

vamos a casa!!!!

3ball
11-26-2019, 06:06 PM
If MJ had better vision he would get more assists. Are you just going to ignore that all the assist leaders did this in the 80s and 90s with Magic, Stockton, and Marc Jackson :lol

previous eras didn't allow 30/10 apg like today's game .. MJ's 33/8 is the best anyone could do for a regular season, and 31/11 in the Finals

but those stats translate to 44/15 in today's spaced-out, hands-off, free-for-all.. So I'm not sure what your point is

egokiller
11-26-2019, 07:32 PM
previous eras didn't allow 30/10 apg like today's game .. MJ's 33/8 is the best anyone could do for a regular season, and 31/11 in the Finals

but those stats translate to 44/15 in today's spaced-out, hands-off, free-for-all.. So I'm not sure what your point is

If MJ played today they

Marchesk
11-26-2019, 07:37 PM
So did Westbrook over the past three seasons.

90sgoat
11-26-2019, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=egokiller]If MJ played today they

Bawkish
11-27-2019, 12:01 AM

what a dumbass take

those players you mentioned were PGs with a pass first mentality :facepalm

Bronbron23
11-27-2019, 12:52 AM

Dude I swear all u know is stats and don't understand the game at all. Mj was a great playmaker. He still had good assist numbers even though he was a 2 guard playing in the triangle system. The one year where mj played a similar style to lebron, luka,westbrook and harden he had 8 assists and 8 rebounds. And he he actually only played 22 or 23 games as point guard that year which is why his numbers were up. I think in those 22 games he had like 11 triple doubles. If head played point the whole 82 game season he would of easily had 9 or 10 assists a game.

Even with lebron being a ball dominant point guard and mj being a shooting guard in the triangle lebron only has 2 more assists a game in the regular season and only a little more than 1 assists a game in the playoffs.

So either mj is a better playmaker than you think or lebron is worse than u think

Lebron23
11-27-2019, 01:40 AM
How many gimmick accounts does 3ball, and egokiller have in this thread?

Bronbron23
11-27-2019, 02:00 AM
How many gimmick accounts does 3ball, and egokiller have in this thread?
If your referring to me I'm not 3ball. Everyone who thinks mj is better than lebron and has facts to back up the claim isn't 3ball. I've argued with dude many times on here. About pip being just as important or phil being important. I don't even really like mj that much as person because hes seems like a dick. That's another thing we argued about. I just think hes best basketball player I've ever seen. That said I try to refrain from calling him the goat though because I never really seen kareem,wilt or bill Russell play.