PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Spurs vs With KD Warriors

superduper
11-27-2019, 12:45 PM
Who you got in a 7 game series between these two great "team first/ball and player movement/system oriented" type teams? Clearly Kerr had adopted some of Pop's offensive concepts with the player and ball movement and has the greater team on paper but Pop with these group of guys under him was something special. Probably the best display of Finals team-oriented basketball we have ever witnessed.

Who would win in a best of 7?

coastalmarker99
11-27-2019, 03:48 PM
Who you got in a 7 game series between these two great "team first/ball and player movement/system oriented" type teams? Clearly Kerr had adopted some of Pop's offensive concepts with the player and ball movement and has the greater team on paper but Pop with these group of guys under him was something special. Probably the best display of Finals team-oriented basketball we have ever witnessed.

Warriors in 4 or 5 the warriors would have the best 2 players in the series and 4 out of 5 players on golden state would have been better then their counterparts. Klay could also be argued about being better then a young kawhi and with also andre defending him who did great in the 2019 finals on him held him to below 45 percent shooting. i just don't see a way that the spurs win the series. in the end due to golden state having 4 out of 5 of the best player's in the series they win in 5 and Durant wins the final mvp.

coastalmarker99
11-27-2019, 03:55 PM
And about the 2014 finals Miami could have been 2 0 heading back to Miami if Lebron does not cramp up. I wonder do those spurs play as well as they did in the final three games under that pressure of being down 2 0 and does Miami play better knowing that they won twice on the road?

coastalmarker99
11-27-2019, 04:04 PM

The only teams that i could see beating these warriors is the showtime Lakers due to golden state's weakness at the 5 and showtime had also a great bench i also have no doubt that Kareem would feast on the warriors. the same goes for the 2001 Lakers Shaq i legitimately think would average 40 and 20 for that series :lol and make draymond foul out every game kobe would also help out a lot in that series Klay can not guard kobe. so those are the only two teams that i could see beating those warriors in a series.

Micku
11-27-2019, 04:15 PM
The only teams that i could see beating these warriors is the showtime Lakers due to golden state's weakness at the 5 and showtime had also a great bench i also have no doubt that Kareem would feast on the warriors. the same goes for the 2001 Lakers Shaq i legitimately think would average 40 and 20 for that series :lol and make draymond foul out every game kobe would also help out a lot in that series Klay can not guard kobe. so those are the only two teams that i could see beating those warriors in a series.

I would say it's just how could slow each other down more. Cuz with the showtime Lakers, they wouldn't be able to stop the shooting. They never seen that before.

But the GSW cannot stop Kareem in the post. Plus James Worthy and Magic like to post up too.

2001 Lakers, Shaq would destroy them. And while they are a very good defensive team, I feel like the rules would benefit the GSW if they were to play in today's rules. If it was....2002ish, then it would benefit the Lakers somewhat. They could zone out and camp Shaq more in the paint, despite the 3 seconds rule. They didn't call as much. More forearm checking too.

But the Warriors would stretch Shaq out. Their spacing is too good.

I feel like the 96 Bulls had the personal to match them up defensively, but the gsw have better weapons offensively.

It's pretty tough due to their shooting, especially with KD.

On topic, I think the Warriors would win. I don't think it'll be sweep. Probably 5-6 games. They play similar, but the GSW have better firepower. The Spurs have better interior defense. So, that could help.

coastalmarker99
11-27-2019, 04:29 PM
I would say it's just how could slow each other down more. Cuz with the showtime Lakers, they wouldn't be able to stop the shooting. They never seen that before.

But the GSW cannot stop Kareem in the post. Plus James Worthy and Magic like to post up too.

2001 Lakers, Shaq would destroy them. And while they are a very good defensive team, I feel like the rules would benefit the GSW if they were to play in today's rules. If it was....2002ish, then it would benefit the Lakers somewhat. They could zone out and camp Shaq more in the paint, despite the 3 seconds rule. They didn't call as much. More forearm checking too.

But the Warriors would stretch Shaq out. Their spacing is too good.

I feel like the 96 Bulls had the personal to match them up defensively, but the gsw have better weapons offensively.

It's pretty tough due to their shooting, especially with KD.

On topic, I think the Warriors would win. I don't think it'll be sweep. Probably 5-6 games. They play similar, but the GSW have better firepower. The Spurs have better interior defense. So, that could help.
i agree i just don't think that the 96 bulls would beat those warriors even with 90's rules that shorted three point line would be a death sentence for that bulls team and curry would Also destroy the bulls point guards in a series. how do the bulls deal with kd if pippen got in foul trouble Rodman would be too slow for kd at his age. offensively that warriors team could not be stopped especially if green hits threes