PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else tired of teams with the lead chucking 3's until they're cold?

BigShotBob
11-29-2019, 01:20 AM
Then completely blow the lead?

Why doesn't analytics tell these teams to stop? That's what stops me from watching games now besides the charmin ultra-soft fouls.

LAmbruh
11-29-2019, 01:53 AM
Cliff Notes:

https://media3.giphy.com/media/3oEjHCWdU7F4hkcudy/source.gif

ImKobe
11-29-2019, 05:56 AM
It's bad coaching but at the same time you know there's still a chance even when a team is down like 20+ points in the 3rd quarter. Good teams would probably try to slow down the pace and maybe attack the paint more but the Pelicans can't really do that against the Lakers (which I guess is what you're referring to), a bunch of teams in today's league don't have that option.

nayte
11-29-2019, 06:32 AM
I kinda dislike all the threes but that's basketball these days. No point in complaining that is how it is now. I still like watching the game.

Reggie43
11-29-2019, 09:10 AM
Players arent as fundamentally sound as they used to be wherein they will try to take/force the three regardless of the defensive pressure while players back then are told to dribble to an easy midrange shot if they are heavily guarded outside the line.

qrich
11-29-2019, 10:23 AM
It's crazy how a decade ago, a 10 point deficit with about five minutes to go was considered a tough task to even make it a close game

These days, it seems to be pretty common that those deficits mean squadoosh.

superduper
11-29-2019, 11:07 AM
It's crazy how a decade ago, a 10 point deficit with about five minutes to go was considered a tough task to even make it a close game

These days, it seems to be pretty common that those deficits mean squadoosh.

This comment alone is proof of how weak this era is. EVERYTHING is tailored towards the offensive player. There used to be two sides of the ball, now it's slowly just becoming one side of the ball and a more one dimensional game. They've dumbed it down for the casual watchers and it sucks because money will always rule all.

BigShotBob
11-29-2019, 07:23 PM
It's bad coaching but at the same time you know there's still a chance even when a team is down like 20+ points in the 3rd quarter. Good teams would probably try to slow down the pace and maybe attack the paint more but the Pelicans can't really do that against the Lakers (which I guess is what you're referring to), a bunch of teams in today's league don't have that option.

Just want to put out a disclaimer that this wasn't about the Pelicans blowing their lead to the Lakers. That was inevitable without Zion.

But the Nets have blown every lead because of it. The Rockets blew their lead against the Clippers, and I have seen the Clippers shoot themselves out of a lead several times because of it, and so on.

If anyone knows a team that plays hard and gritty with minimal three point attempts let me know. Closest team I can think of are the Raptors because at least they post up Siakim religiously.

I just want to see some tough NBA basketball.

And you know what the NBA used to stand for?

Trivia: I'm sure you know but I know our more impressionable posters like Tranny98 have no clue.

AlternativeAcc.
11-29-2019, 07:30 PM
Whine about the same shit every fukking day as if your opinions mean or will change anything

I'm tired of fgt's like YOU

insidehoops deserves better