PDA

View Full Version : Luka Luka Luka

NBASTATMAN
11-30-2019, 12:18 AM
This is def the HEIR to Lebron.. He is already so good and he will be the next GOAT.. Well at least offensively.. :bowdown:

where is 3ball , :roll:

LAmbruh
11-30-2019, 12:25 AM
LeDoncic fam with a stomach full of W's

Marchesk
11-30-2019, 12:28 AM
where is 3ball , :roll:

Just make a thread asking why Jordan wasn't getting 40 point triple doubles as a 20 year old.

NBASTATMAN
11-30-2019, 12:31 AM
Just make a thread asking why Jordan wasn't getting 40 point triple doubles as a 20 year old.

luka going to have more TRIPLE DOUBLES than MJ by the end of this season. :roll:

Micku
11-30-2019, 12:33 AM

I can't believe this dude is only 20. Luka is looking like he's gonn'a be the best player in the league in a couple of years. I don't like the amount of 3s he takes, but he is one of the best, if not the best, 20 year old player I seen/know.

NBASTATMAN
11-30-2019, 12:36 AM
I can't believe this dude is only 20. Luka is looking like he's gonn'a be the best player in the league in a couple of years. I don't like the amount of 3s he takes, but he is one of the best, if not the best, 20 year old player I seen/know.

He will be 21 soon so this will be counted as him being 21 yrs old. But yea the kid is special.. His defense is bad though. He needs to get that fire for defense cuz he moves pretty well and he is big enough to become a good defender.

DMAVS41
11-30-2019, 12:36 AM

I agree on the 3's...

To be really fair to him though, it is, at least in part, a product of the lack of shot creation around him. THJ can get a shot when he has to, but even then that isn't great...and certainly not something you want to run a ton of action for.

He's really the only guy on the roster you feel comfortable with actually creating the offense.

So, I think he should dial back the 3's by like 20% in terms of volume, but a lot of times those are going to be the best shots in terms of EV the offense can get.

Celtics 1825
11-30-2019, 01:27 AM
Luke train going full steam ahead. Barring any major injuries this kid's gonna be a GOAT contender if he keeps it up

NBASTATMAN
11-30-2019, 01:41 AM
Luke train going full steam ahead. Barring any major injuries this kid's gonna be a GOAT contender if he keeps it up

:cheers:

NBAGOAT
11-30-2019, 02:02 AM
I agree on the 3's...

To be really fair to him though, it is, at least in part, a product of the lack of shot creation around him. THJ can get a shot when he has to, but even then that isn't great...and certainly not something you want to run a ton of action for.

He's really the only guy on the roster you feel comfortable with actually creating the offense.

So, I think he should dial back the 3's by like 20% in terms of volume, but a lot of times those are going to be the best shots in terms of EV the offense can get.

I love that you use ev as a term here haha. I

Ghost1
11-30-2019, 07:49 AM
10 layups per game
10 stepback threes per game
10 free throws per game
drive and kick
steal defensive rebounds
play no defense

already mastered bran/harden ball :applause: :applause: :pimp:

DMAVS41
11-30-2019, 10:24 AM
I love that you use ev as a term here haha. I’m used to seeing it in poker strategy discussions but the same concept applies here.

Agreed on the overall point, Lukas stepback is really good but the only one who can make that shot great offense is harden

Yea, it comes from poker.

I like using it here because not enough people grade off the expected value of a shot. Obviously it does matter if a player makes or misses...and some shots or more important than others...

But you'd never say a wide-open corner 3 for a good shooter was a bad shot just because he missed.

Basketball is still a lot more art than science in my opinion, but it is almost 2020 and a 3 is worth more points...and the sooner people learn math...the better.

NBAGOAT
11-30-2019, 08:01 PM
Yea, it comes from poker.

I like using it here because not enough people grade off the expected value of a shot. Obviously it does matter if a player makes or misses...and some shots or more important than others...

But you'd never say a wide-open corner 3 for a good shooter was a bad shot just because he missed.

Basketball is still a lot more art than science in my opinion, but it is almost 2020 and a 3 is worth more points...and the sooner people learn math...the better.

I think it'll take awhile. Basketball analysis is completely results oriented. a coach made the correct decision if he won etc. I see it a lot in football with the 2pt conversion stuff at least.

In poker and some other games, a knowledgable player never says he made a bad move if he lost as long he made the correct decision ev wise. Obviously poker's essentially a science however while basketball isnt.

tontoz
11-30-2019, 08:31 PM
Incredible skills for a 20 yr old. Quicker and stronger than he gets credit for. Fun guy to watch.

BarberSchool
11-30-2019, 08:39 PM
Westbrick already got mad jealous, pushed him in the back once, and slapped him in the face on an unnatural follow thru once.

In westbrook's mind .... Westbrick's legacy will be "that dude who had the most triple doubles in the modern era"

Westbrick can already see that this dude will eclipse that, and not be hurting his team while doing it.

If I were Luka I would send Westbrick a very clear physical message next game.
Luka is bigger and heavier, put the moody jealous b!tch in his place.
Can't let some pre-emptively jealous hater scheme on injuring him.

3ball
11-30-2019, 09:08 PM
Unfortunately, Luka's style turns teammates into spot-up shooters, so why would we think it develops teammates or teams into champions (increases championship odds the most)?

The lack of development means the style needs ready-made stars to win - accordingly, Luka can only avoid the career-losing fate of his fellow ball-dominators by team-hopping for the ready-made stars and extra talent the style needs to win (like his hero Lebron did)

Ultimately, the ball-dominator brand falls short of championship ceiling (needs team-hopping for ready-made stars to win, aka can't develop an existing team), which means it doesn't add the most to championship odds... Stat-bots like Morey aren't aware of this and say a bunch of ignorant shit as a result.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-30-2019, 09:47 PM
Unfortunately, Luka's style turns teammates into spot-up shooters, so why would we think it develops teammates or teams into champions (increases championship odds the most)?

The lack of development means the style needs ready-made stars to win - accordingly, Luka can only avoid the career-losing fate of his fellow ball-dominators by team-hopping for the ready-made stars and extra talent the style needs to win (like his hero Lebron did)

Ultimately, the ball-dominator brand falls short of championship ceiling (needs team-hopping for ready-made stars to win, aka can't develop an existing team), which means it doesn't add the most to championship odds... Stat-bots like Morey aren't aware of this and say a bunch of ignorant shit as a result.

Simmer down...

Its one year, and Doncic hasn't had ONE playoff game. Guy hasn't played with other superstars yet either. He's 20 years old and in his second year. Here you are though typing all that out pretending its fact?

Don't be a clown.

tontoz
11-30-2019, 09:58 PM
When I watch Luka I don't see him reducing guys to spot up shooters. I see him frequently rewarding guys cutting near the rim.

When Luka has the ball the other guys don't stand around and watch.

I would say they could use another ball handler though. I think Luka has too much responsibility and a strong defensive team can take advantage of that.

sammichoffate
11-30-2019, 10:12 PM
When I watch Luka I don't see him reducing guys to spot up shooters. I see him frequently rewarding guys cutting near the rim.

I would say they could use another ball handler though. I think Luka has too much responsibility and a strong defensive team can take advantage of that.THJ needs to become Jason the GOAT Terry.

DMAVS41
11-30-2019, 10:14 PM

I would say they could use another ball handler though. I think Luka has too much responsibility and a strong defensive team can take advantage of that.

Yep, right now it is THJ or bust. He's balling right now, but I can't imagine that continues consistently enough to rely upon...nor can I imagine it works in the playoffs.

Brogdon was the dream. It is a shame we couldn't get him. He's exactly what we need.

DMAVS41
11-30-2019, 10:16 PM

Well, they have the best offense in the league and I'd like to know what guy on the team should be relied upon to not be essentially a spot-up shooter?

Other than THJ of course...as he has not been relegated to that at all.

This is what I don't get about you. So, Luka sucks, but in your mind..he's good enough that leading the best offense in the league without another even all-star level player currently...isn't cutting it.

Do you really not see why I question your consistency?