PDA

View Full Version : Knicks need God.

Real14
12-02-2019, 12:49 AM
This season is so hard to watch. I like that Barrett and Morris Sr are doing their thing but it saddens me that we are already a lottery team. I don't even want to watch games like this and that's a phuckin problem! Fizdale is washed up, Mills and Dolan also need to just sell the team. It's a damn shame that we have to best arena with fans that deserve at least a damn playoff team and we have to watch our team get demolished all phucking season. These are indeed the very dark times in Knicks history and that's saying a lot!:coleman: What you think this franchise should do ISH?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-02-2019, 12:51 AM
change in management/ownership

not going anywhere with Dolan

and like KD said these younger players dont see NY/MSG like the older era. Theyre seen as a loser franchise so the top FAs are barely going to consider them under his ownership either

Smoke117
12-02-2019, 12:53 AM
There is nothing this franchise can do as long as Dolan has control. I'm not complaining, though, I love watching the Knicks fail over and over and over and over and over and over...again. :lol

lilteapot
12-02-2019, 12:55 AM
i cant even watch when they're up double digits because i dont wanna see how they blow the lead.

need to limit the rotation to:

frank (tho they prolly gonna trade him)
rj
knox
dotson
mitch
randle
morris
dsj
brazdeikis
portis

get rid of everyone else, trade for a serviceable center to come off the bench since mitch cant stay out of foul trouble
stop giving randle the ball all the time

fire fizdale

Marchesk
12-02-2019, 01:12 AM
The Knicks are like what the Clippers used to be before they got rid of the Donald.

CelticBaller
12-02-2019, 01:14 AM
hey guys, did ya know OP though KD was signing with the Knicks?

https://www.kik.com/uploads/files/laughingshaq.gif

bison
12-02-2019, 01:18 AM
But Kobe

Marchesk
12-02-2019, 01:24 AM
There's always Giannis and AD in 2020.

Draz
12-02-2019, 01:56 AM
They're not trading frank.

Mitch frank and RJ will remain on the roster for years to come. Everyone else is tradable assets. Morris will be traded come trade deadline in a package that involves Knox and any of which or both Randle and Portis.

brooks_thompson
12-02-2019, 02:01 AM
They need a competent coach who will actually use his players correctly. Randle may be limited as a player, but he's not even being played to his strengths. We saw what he could do under Alvin Gentry, and Gentry is considered by most to be an awful coach.

It's not tinkering or experimenting at this point, it's a guy who is out of his depth and is either clueless or so overwhelmed by all the extra variables of head coaching vs. assistant coaching.

There's no reason for this roster to be worse than last year. A solid coach could prepare them and have them disciplined enough for 30 wins.

Smoke117
12-02-2019, 02:05 AM
They need a competent coach who will actually use his players correctly. Randle may be limited as a player, but he's not even being played to his strengths. We saw what he could do under Alvin Gentry, and Gentry is considered by most to be an awful coach.

It's not tinkering or experimenting at this point, it's a guy who is out of his depth and is either clueless or so overwhelmed by all the extra variables of head coaching vs. assistant coaching.

There's no reason for this roster to be worse than last year. A solid coach could prepare them and have them disciplined enough for 30 wins.

All Randle did last season was put up empty stats. He had no actual impact for the Pelicans. Knicks were stupid enough to do that with two players this off season: Him and Marcus Morris. Those are guys you absolutely sign if you want your team to go nowhere.

bison
12-02-2019, 02:07 AM
Why

bobopenguin
12-02-2019, 02:10 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D-XRAwIUYAA2T4O.jpg

Real Men Wear Green
12-02-2019, 04:45 AM
Fun fact from yesterday's broadcast: since 1999 the Celtics have a better record in Madison Square Garden than they do in TD.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-02-2019, 04:53 AM

Gentrys one of the best offensive coaches

even this current Pelicans team is pushing for a top 10 offense and prolly will be with Zion

look at Davis numbers under Gentry compared to this year

Embers
12-02-2019, 05:13 AM
They need to trade out and take a chance on failing rookies to turn it around. I'd do the below

- Trade Frank. Would be good value for a contender. A trade to the Clippers for Jerome Robinson could work
- Trade Kevin Knox. Absolutely horrid player. Farm him to Memphis for Josh Jackson and a pick
- Trade Marcus Morris to a contender
- Dennis Smith Jnr at PG
- Give Denver what they want for Mason Plumlee and Michael Porter Jnr besides Barrett and around Robinson
- Take on Exum if Utah take on Gibson

Smith Jnr
Barrett
Jackson
Randle
Plumlee

Exum, Porter Robinson, Trier, Portis, M.Robinson

sammichoffate
12-02-2019, 10:40 AM
They need to trade out and take a chance on failing rookies to turn it around. I'd do the below

- Trade Frank. Would be good value for a contender. A trade to the Clippers for Jerome Robinson could work
- Trade Kevin Knox. Absolutely horrid player. Farm him to Memphis for Josh Jackson and a pick
- Trade Marcus Morris to a contender
- Dennis Smith Jnr at PG
- Give Denver what they want for Mason Plumlee and Michael Porter Jnr besides Barrett and around Robinson
- Take on Exum if Utah take on Gibson

Smith Jnr
Barrett
Jackson
Randle
Plumlee

Exum, Porter Robinson, Trier, Portis, M.Robinson:roll:

FireDavidKahn
12-02-2019, 11:53 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D-XRAwIUYAA2T4O.jpg
https://i.redd.it/8zrk2qiaqlu11.jpg
https://www.everydaycheapskate.com/wp-content/uploads/37025294_s-e1530107250336.jpg
https://nbcprobasketballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2019/10/gettyimages-1172993015-e1571140725987.jpg

Real Men Wear Green
12-02-2019, 12:10 PM
https://i.redd.it/8zrk2qiaqlu11.jpg
https://www.everydaycheapskate.com/wp-content/uploads/37025294_s-e1530107250336.jpg
https://nbcprobasketballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2019/10/gettyimages-1172993015-e1571140725987.jpg:(

Derka
12-02-2019, 12:13 PM
The Knicks' best bet is to hope some side trick manages to record James Dolan saying something mildly racist so that Silver can get in there and get that team a proper owner.

AirTupac
12-02-2019, 12:22 PM
Gentrys one of the best offensive coaches

even this current Pelicans team is pushing for a top 10 offense and prolly will be with Zion

look at Davis numbers under Gentry compared to this year

Gentry is and has been one of the worst NBA HC for the last decade. I dont know what your spewing about retard

Lebron23
12-02-2019, 12:31 PM
Draft Anthony Edwards

PP34Deuce
12-02-2019, 12:39 PM
I agree with others. Knicks won't be anything until Dolan steps down.

Talent isn't a huge problem. THey have a bunch of solid nba players they just lack discipline and I place that on coaching.

Another big thing is PG play. Neither of their PG's while young, should be running a team. DS JR lacks poise and Frank is literally a defensive minded PG who is not a great floor general at all.

NY needs Dolan gone and a great PG prospect. Or if they get lucky and get the number 1-3 and pick James Wiseman.

LAVAR BALL
12-02-2019, 12:47 PM
Well, any GM thinking that paying Randle, Morris, Portis and Gibson the same Summer is how to build a winning team is out of his mind.

The only good news: RJ Barret is a real Baller, you can feel that the guy ha spoise. Too bad none of these big men will ever give him the ball back

They definitely should have overpay for another 2nd rate wing

They have to hope a team will definitely be in need of a PF to trade one of them

red1
12-02-2019, 01:13 PM
nah you just need a better owner OP

the one constant in all of the failures is dolan

red1
12-02-2019, 01:19 PM
and if you cant get a new owner then you can always sign kd and kyrie the next summer.

might be too late to draft zion though.

FireDavidKahn
12-02-2019, 01:25 PM
Draft Anthony Edwards
Who is the #1 pick after that?
And after that?
And after that?

:oldlol:

Knicks are the ONE franchise that even Wolves fans can laugh at and make fun of.:oldlol:

Eventually Dolan may accidentally stumble onto a good team but the Knicks are never going anywhere and sadly everyone (including Knicks fans) know it.

Draz
12-02-2019, 01:41 PM
Dolan isn't going anywhere. The team is top 2-3 in value if not number one. He knows once it lifts off it'll be even more.

Perry and Mills need to go. Sad, I personally knew Perry and he's a good guy but he hasn't proven anything.

Fiz will get the cut mid season or they're letting him ride the wave until the end of the season to prevent dysfunctional news to get out.

It sucks. It really does. I had very very close seats to the Philly game the other day and I really couldn't enjoy it. I knew this team was temporary and probably Mitch and RJ will be the only two standing at the end of this battle.

Those two are the only two untouchables, Frank closing in on third. Outside of those three every single player will get the axe.

They need to destroy the team by the deadline and run it back. I don't think they planned this team out in mind thinking it'll be this bad.

The coaches rotations are the worst I've ever seen. One example, Knox goes from DNP to starter in one game. This guy is absolutely terrible.

FireDavidKahn
12-02-2019, 01:48 PM
Dolan isn't going anywhere. The team is top 2-3 in value if not number one. He knows once it lifts off it'll be even more.

Perry and Mills need to go. Sad, I personally knew Perry and he's a good guy but he hasn't proven anything.

Fiz will get the cut mid season or they're letting him ride the wave until the end of the season to prevent dysfunctional news to get out.

It sucks. It really does. I had very very close seats to the Philly game the other day and I really couldn't enjoy it. I knew this team was temporary and probably Mitch and RJ will be the only two standing at the end of this battle.

Those two are the only two untouchables, Frank closing in on third. Outside of those three every single player will get the axe.

They need to destroy the team by the deadline and run it back. I don't think they planned this team out in mind thinking it'll be this bad.

The coaches rotations are the worst I've ever seen. One example, Knox goes from DNP to starter in one game. This guy is absolutely terrible.
:( I feel it man. Take heart knowing that another fanbase knows what you are going through.

David ****ing Kahn

insidious301
12-02-2019, 01:49 PM
Their mediocrity is dumbfounding.

With Boston, for decades New York was that cornerstone franchise. Since the merger if anyone is counting. Post millennium, Dolan has done everything in his power to make them insignificant. At least NY has one competent owner though. With Durant, Brooklyn is the new mecca.

Meticode
12-02-2019, 03:23 PM
The Knicks literally won't be able to do anything until Dolan is gone and they get competent ownership. I like Fizdale as coach personally, but it goes higher than that. I mean, he's in his second year with a garbage roster and Dolan is looking down from his office thinking about firing him? What the **** does he expect with this roster? Playoff hopes?

Patrick Chewing
12-02-2019, 03:57 PM
The Dolan excuse is getting old. We act as if he's creating negative press on a daily basis. He isn't. The few things he's done and said have just been these epic and monumental blunders that have hurt the overall image of the team.

But the Knicks have competent players on this roster. So what's the excuse?

Honestly, it stems from the top, but not from Dolan. I think Mills makes poor decisions and hiring Fizdale was another one of them.

Fizdale is the guy you hire when you already have an established superstar on this team and the team is a winning ball club.

red1
12-02-2019, 04:22 PM

that sucks to hear. if I was a knicks fan I honestly wouldn't pay the organization a penny other than what it costs to catch the games on tv. I know it's easier said than done -I wouldnt spend a cent on tickets or merchandise until they put a winning product on the floor.

and no that isn't bandwagoning, the knicks fanbase has earned the right to say **** you to an ownership group that's dropped the ball for 20 years when they have every advantage.

The Dolan excuse is getting old. We act as if he's creating negative press on a daily basis. He isn't. The few things he's done and said have just been these epic and monumental blunders that have hurt the overall image of the team.

Honestly, it stems from the top, but not from Dolan. I think Mills makes poor decisions and hiring Fizdale was another one of them.

Fizdale is the guy you hire when you already have an established superstar on this team and the team is a winning ball club.
new ownership is the closest thing to silver bullet for the franchise. everything trickles down from ownership when you have a guy like dolan who "actively" oversees things.

he's the guy who hired the guy you don't think is fit for the coaching job.

sadly like draz said it's probably not gonna happen when they are still making cash hand over fist, making that money off the backs of fans who keep buying tickets and merch because they dont know better.

Manny98
12-02-2019, 04:25 PM
Relocate to Seattle already, Knicks have been garbage and irrelevant since the day i was born :oldlol:

Brooklyn runs NYC baby :hammertime:

Meticode
12-02-2019, 04:27 PM

You got to cut to the head off the snake. Dolan, then the rest will topple. Dolan is the reason why people like Mills is still there.

Kind of unrelated, but I'm from Cincinnati and it's been the same way there for decades now with the owner being Mike Brown. The fan nation of the Bengals have wanted him out for over a decade. The only reason he got controlling interest of the team was because his father Paul Brown died in 1991. So he didn't even put in any work to get the team in his hands anyway. But he won't vacant and keeps running the team poorly. Most recently leaving Marvin Lewis as the second longest tenured coach up until last season behind Bill Belichek. Second longest tenured coach behind a 5 time Superbowl coach, and Lewis had zero playoff wins. :oldlol: That in itself is settling for mediocrity.

red1
12-02-2019, 04:51 PM
You got to cut to the head off the snake. Dolan, then the rest will topple. Dolan is the reason why people like Mills is still there.

Kind of unrelated, but I'm from Cincinnati and it's been the same way there for decades now with the owner being Mike Brown. The fan nation of the Bengals have wanted him out for over a decade. The only reason he got controlling interest of the team was because his father Paul Brown died in 1991. So he didn't even put in any work to get the team in his hands anyway. But he won't vacant and keeps running the team poorly. Most recently leaving Marvin Lewis as the second longest tenured coach up until last season behind Bill Belichek. Second longest tenured coach behind a 5 time Superbowl coach, and Lewis had zero playoff wins. :oldlol: That in itself is settling for mediocrity.
thats pathetic :roll:

LAVAR BALL
12-02-2019, 06:32 PM

No they don't: clearly, the Knicks have one of the worst balanced roster in the league.
Marcus Morris is the leading scorer: in which world does people hope to win basketball games with Marcus Morris as the best scorer?
Julius Randle is the team's assist leader. Re-read that sentence.

Lineups with Randle/Morris/Portis sometimes appears and suddenly there is no ball movement: you don't ask three black holes to move the ball

As much as i like Franck, he still struggle to score 10 points consistently despite playing 30 Min/Game: on offense he gives the ball and run to hide in a corner from where he will launch about 0 corner 3

RJ is a Stud, but just a rookie, not ready to take the franchise on his shoulders yet

I was a huge Fitz supporter during the end of the Memphis tenure. Players seems to have his back, but he has no magic trick to make guys pass the ball more than 3 times per offense, or to make sure no guy miss his rotations.

This team is a mess they need to rebalance the roster, trade away Portis, find a real 3 guy and hpe they won't bust on next year's draft. Everyone but RJ must be on the Trading block

imdaman99
12-02-2019, 06:51 PM
hey guys, did ya know OP though KD was signing with the Knicks?

https://www.kik.com/uploads/files/laughingshaq.gif
*** that cupcake. What would he do for the Knicks? That mental midget can't even keep his daddy (you know, the guy that he followed :oldlol: ) out of meltdown mode.

FreezingTsmoove
12-02-2019, 10:23 PM

franchise players (Carmelo, Porzingis) are bolting for the door the first chance they get, and Dolan cant attract big free agents because people hate him as a owner. This clown was the reason Porzingis didnt re sign and the City absolutely loved him

Smoke117
12-02-2019, 10:49 PM

lol What? You expect a team that has Marcus Morris as their leading scorer to do something? :oldlol:

Smoke117
12-02-2019, 10:51 PM
franchise players (Carmelo, Porzingis) are bolting for the door the first chance they get, and Dolan cant attract big free agents because people hate him as a owner. This clown was the reason Porzingis didnt re sign and the City absolutely loved him

lol Carmelo bolted? That was a godsend when they were able to get rid of him.

Marchesk
12-02-2019, 11:06 PM
Can the Knicks get to 90 points tonight?

FreezingTsmoove
12-03-2019, 01:11 AM
lol Carmelo bolted? That was a godsend when they were able to get rid of him.

Carmelo is 10X better than the current players we have who are barely role players in the G League. Kadeem Allen played significant minutes tonight and he barely averaged 10 PPG in the G League this season

Embers
12-03-2019, 06:35 AM
:roll:

On what planet is Josh Jackson not better then Kevin Knox?

Easy trade if you are the Knicks

Knox is a salary dump at this stage

Real14
12-04-2019, 11:41 AM
On what planet is Josh Jackson not better then Kevin Knox?

Easy trade if you are the Knicks

Knox is a salary dump at this stage
I'm sorry but even I say that Knox is better than that young niguh:lol

Real14
12-04-2019, 11:43 AM
Carmelo is 10X better than the current players we have who are barely role players in the G League. Kadeem Allen played significant minutes tonight and he barely averaged 10 PPG in the G League this season
Exactly. I'm glad Melo is doing his thing, he deserve it.:applause:

Real14
12-04-2019, 11:43 AM
Can the Knicks get to 90 points tonight?
If they even get 110 they will still find a way to lose by 15 or more:lol

Real14
12-04-2019, 11:45 AM
lol What? You expect a team that has Marcus Morris as their leading scorer to do something? :oldlol:
I actually agree with u on this shit. Morris Sr is nice but he should not be scoring 20 a night, we need a star to lead us:facepalm

brooks_thompson
12-04-2019, 01:06 PM
I actually agree with u on this shit. Morris Sr is nice but he should not be scoring 20 a night, we need a star to lead us:facepalm

I shudder to think what the Knicks would be without the toughness and, yes, leadership that Marcus Morris brings. He's an imperfect player, but if I were a GM I'd take him on the vast majority of the teams in the league.

Real14
12-04-2019, 01:22 PM
I shudder to think what the Knicks would be without the toughness and, yes, leadership that Marcus Morris brings. He's an imperfect player, but if I were a GM I'd take him on the vast majority of the teams in the league.
Exactly. He would be a great 3rd scoring option tho.

raprap
12-04-2019, 03:39 PM
It

tontoz
12-04-2019, 06:44 PM
[QUOTE=raprap]It

Real14
12-05-2019, 11:00 PM
Yo phuck that fat bitch Dolan! :mad:
https://voca.ro/dgNaLMIFHKN

imdaman99
12-05-2019, 11:20 PM
Those contracts aren't as bad as you might think.

https://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g195/tontoz/Screenshot%202019-12-04%20at%205.40.17%20PM_zpslxslkenq.png (http://s56.photobucket.com/user/tontoz/media/Screenshot%202019-12-04%20at%205.40.17%20PM_zpslxslkenq.png.html)

https://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g195/tontoz/Screenshot%202019-12-04%20at%205.42.42%20PM_zpszmcjtcmb.png (http://s56.photobucket.com/user/tontoz/media/Screenshot%202019-12-04%20at%205.42.42%20PM_zpszmcjtcmb.png.html)
Julius Randle could make 900K for making an all defensive team? :roll: he is one of the worst defenders in the league :roll:

The guy is not a good player. All these guys with 1-2 year contracts, they don't give a shit about building the team. There are no team players on this team, just Frank. That's it. Maybe Elf Payton when he ain't hurt.