PDA

View Full Version : Melo is having one of his most efficient seasons ever

Bronbron23
12-02-2019, 07:25 PM
Its so easy to score in this era that a heavily declined melo is having the most efficient season since a decade ago.

How anyone can take these stats seriously is beyond me :facepalm

StrongLurk
12-02-2019, 07:27 PM
Its so easy to score in this era that a heavily declined melo is having the most efficient season since a decade ago.

OP is a trash poster.

LoneyROY7
12-02-2019, 07:27 PM
OP thinks 6 games (shooting a groundbreaking 46 percent) equates to "having one of his most efficient seasons ever".

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

What a f*cking loser.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-02-2019, 07:29 PM
Tough crowd lol

Small sample, but ya, there's not a lot of defense being played. Nothing NBA fans can do about it except to quit watching the product.

If you're unsatisfied don't give em ratings.

Bronbron23
12-02-2019, 07:34 PM
OP is a trash poster.
I just figured a trash era deserves trash posts.

STATUTORY
12-02-2019, 07:34 PM
anybody can average 20 on decent efficiency this season

Bronbron23
12-02-2019, 07:36 PM
OP thinks 6 games (shooting a groundbreaking 46 percent) equates to "having one of his most efficient seasons ever".

What a f*cking loser.
Yeah so whats the problem? You love losers. You have westbrook and harden as you profile pick :roll:

LoneyROY7
12-02-2019, 07:37 PM
Yeah so whats the problem? You love losers. You have westbrook and harden as you profile pick :roll:

You made a trash thread with a trash take, makes sense your first response would be to deflect.

:oldlol: :oldlol:

Manny98
12-02-2019, 07:42 PM
OP is a trash poster.
This

superduper
12-02-2019, 07:45 PM
The people who have it in their best interests to defend this era are melting down.

OP you bring up a good point, I heard every team is scoring 140pts every game because this is the most talented era in history with superhuman and skilled athletes the likes that have NEVER been seen before in the NBA.

I guess that explains why more than washed up Melo is looking like an allstar and Brook Lopez went from being anemic from 3 to jacking up 12 a game.

SUPER TALENTED ERA!!

Bronbron23
12-02-2019, 07:46 PM
You made a trash thread with a trash take, makes sense your first response would be to deflect.

:oldlol: :oldlol:
Who deflected? In typical hardan fans fashion you didnt respond with anyting intelligent to say. All you said was im a loser. Did you really expect a serious response to that?

And what i said is absolutely true. A washed up chucker who couldn't even find a team a year ago is absolutely thriving in this fabricated league. Its a joke.

Bronbron23
12-02-2019, 07:48 PM
This
Your living in a glass house manny boy :facepalm

LoneyROY7
12-02-2019, 07:48 PM
Who deflected? In typical hardan fans fashion you didnt respond with anyting intelligent to say. All you said was im a loser. Did you really expect a serious response to that?

And what i said is absolutely true. A washed up chucker who couldn't even find a team a year ago is absolutely thriving in this fabricated league. Its a joke.

You said Melo is having his most efficient season in a decade, while using a 6 game sample size.

You're a f*cking idiot.

72-10
12-02-2019, 07:53 PM
Is he playing defense this season?

Bronbron23
12-02-2019, 07:55 PM
You said Melo is having is most efficient season in a decade, while using a 6 game sample size.

You're a f*cking idiot.
Do you think hes gonna get worse? He hasnt played in almost a year. If anything hes still shaking off the trust and still finding his legs. If anything he'll probably get a little better.

Until the more physical playoffs anyway and then he'll fall off a bit like your boy harden does.

LoneyROY7
12-02-2019, 07:58 PM
Do you think hes gonna get worse? He hasnt played in almost a year. If anything hes still shacking off the trust and still finding his legs. If anything he'll probably get a little better.

Until the more physical playoffs anyway and then he'll fall off a bit like your boy harden does.

Do I think someone's production could fluctuate with 62 more games to play compared to the 6 he currently has?

What a fantastically stupid question that's shocking to no one here.

Bronbron23
12-02-2019, 08:03 PM
Do I think someone's production could fluctuate with 62 more games to play compared to the 6 he currently has?

Sure it will fluctuate but i highly dought he'll get worse. He hast played in a year. Basic Common sense would say its gonna take him a month or 2 to get his game legs and shake off the rust. You obviously dont due common sense though. I guess i shouldn't expect much from a harden fan.

LoneyROY7
12-02-2019, 08:07 PM
Sure it will fluctuate but i highly dought he'll get worse. He hast played in a year. Basic Common sense would say its gonna take him a month or 2 to get his game legs and shake off the rust. You obviously dont due common sense though. I guess i shouldn't expect much from a harden fan.

Yep, all the common sense you used to make a thread equating a season's worth of production to 6 games.

HoopologyPhD
12-02-2019, 08:21 PM
Breaking news: Iverson and Kobe considering coming out of retirement for a guaranteed 15+ppg and 45% from the field!

SpaceJam2
12-02-2019, 08:22 PM

What a f*cking loser.

:lol

OP is a 3ball, 90sgoat, knicksman, clippers revival, shaq o neal, etc alt

SpaceJam2
12-02-2019, 08:24 PM

:lol :lol

Loney on fiyaaa

ImKobe
12-02-2019, 09:12 PM

It's nice to see a Lebron fan admit to this :applause: we need more posters like you on this site.

imdaman99
12-02-2019, 09:31 PM
How are Westbrook and Harden losers? :biggums: are you that triggered that you will say some stupid shit in every post?

Bronbron23
12-02-2019, 10:34 PM
How are Westbrook and Harden losers? :biggums: are you that triggered that you will say some stupid shit in every post?
Ummm because they both consistently decline come playoff time and have never won because of it. If harden raised his game come playoff time like other greats hed have a chip or at least a finsls visit with houston by now

Bronbron23
12-02-2019, 10:38 PM
It's nice to see a Lebron fan admit to this :applause: we need more posters like you on this site.
It is what it is although im not sure how much its affected bron. Hes done this for a long time so its hard to tell hiw much of his numbers late in his career are due to this eras rules or to his insane longevity. Its probably a little bit of both to be honest.

Bronbron23
12-02-2019, 10:41 PM

OP is a 3ball, 90sgoat, knicksman, clippers revival, shaq o neal, etc alt
Nah im just a fan who dosnt like the place the game is heading. But ive always liked physical play and defence so obviously im biased. Some people like less physicality and defence and more of a free flowing offence. Theres no right or wrong. Its just personal preference.

coin24
12-03-2019, 03:01 AM
He looks great after taking a year off.:applause:

Be real though, no one plays D anymore and the reg season is almost unwatchable with the amount of shitty teams now.. the league needs any high point they can get, people are tuning out

iamgine
12-03-2019, 03:43 AM
He's not efficient a season ago and had trouble scoring. Is OP saying this season NBA is vastly different than last season?

Bronbron23
12-03-2019, 12:39 PM
He's not efficient a season ago and had trouble scoring. Is OP saying this season NBA is vastly different than last season? he didnt play last year and last year and this year yhe mba emphasized more the freedom of movement rules. So no things arnt vastly different but they're different enough were a player who would normally score 13-15 pts a game on mediocre efficiency can now score 3 to 5 more points more on decent efficiency.

LoneyROY7
12-04-2019, 10:29 AM
Melo down to 44 percent shooting and 52.8 TS% now after a 2 for 9, 9 point performance against a real team last night. He now has had more efficient seasons just 3 years ago.

Or is 7 games not enough sample size to make that statement, OP? :lol :lol

FKAri
12-04-2019, 10:49 AM
Meanwhile his nightly defensive assignment is having one of his most efficient games ever.

Bronbron23
12-04-2019, 11:04 AM
Melo down to 44 percent shooting and 52.8 TS% now after a 2 for 9, 9 point performance against a real team last night. He now has had more efficient seasons just 3 years ago.

Or is 7 games not enough sample size to make that statement, OP? :lol :lol
Thats fine hes obviously gonna have up and down games. Lets wait and see where he is at the end of the year. Id be surprised if it gets worse

Bronbron23
12-04-2019, 11:05 AM
Meanwhile his nightly defensive assignment is having one of his most efficient games ever.
Very true this era definitely wont do anything for his shit defence.

LoneyROY7
12-04-2019, 11:06 AM
Thats fine hes obviously gonna have up and down games. Lets wait and see where he is at the end of the year. Id be surprised if it gets worse

You mean like what you should have done before making this retarded thread 6 games in?

MaxPlayer
12-04-2019, 11:09 AM

I mean, he's shot below 44% each of the last 5 seasons, so I wouldn't be TOO surprised if it gets worse.

Bronbron23
12-04-2019, 11:11 AM
You mean like what you should have done before making this retarded thread 6 games in?

Its just a take based on a what i think. I think this eras defensive rules have made it much easier to score. So much so that even someone like melo can look pretty good. I wasnt just basing on 6 games i was basing on that premise. Im not sure whats so hard to understand about that.

Bronbron23
12-04-2019, 11:17 AM
I mean, he's shot below 44% each of the last 5 seasons, so I wouldn't be TOO surprised if it gets worse.
Yeah it may. I dont think it will get worse though based on how easy it is to score now. And shooting 41%-%44 when your in your mid 30's isnt the same as doing it in your early 30's. Even if he was to maintain his level of efficiency it would still be a reflection of this era's lack of defence because he should drop off in efficiency like pretty much every great does as they get older.

LoneyROY7
12-09-2019, 12:30 AM
Quick update on Melo's most efficient season in a decade.

15.9 ppg on 40.8 percent shooting. :lol :lol

This damn soft era is making it so easy for him.

RRR3
12-09-2019, 11:49 PM
Quick update on Melo's most efficient season in a decade.

15.9 ppg on 40.8 percent shooting. :lol :lol

This damn soft era is making it so easy for him.
49.8 TS% :bowdown:

Manny98
12-10-2019, 05:21 AM
:oldlol:

SpaceJam2
12-10-2019, 05:22 AM
:oldlol:

:lol :applause:

SpaceJam2
12-10-2019, 05:23 AM

Update OP?

3balt whiffs again

DMAVS41
12-10-2019, 04:33 PM
I love how this is a "trash era" now...

2020 - 108.9 ortg / 100.9 Pace

1987 - 108.3 ortg / 100.8 Pace

And, as has been explained multiple times now, back then teams were absolutely not playing optimal offense either due to a lack of 3 point shooting.

Back then, teams took about 5% of their shots from the 3 point line which is nowhere close to optimal.

So, like I've been asked before. Was 1987 also a "trash era" because the defense was so bad? So bad that teams were scoring at roughly the same rate they are now...despite not using the power of the 3 even close to the optimal amount?

I mean, how bad does the defense have to be...to allow such scoring when the offenses aren't even taking 3's??????

FKAri
12-10-2019, 04:34 PM
I love how this is a "trash era" now...

2020 - 108.9 ortg / 100.9 Pace

1987 - 108.3 ortg / 100.8 Pace

And, as has been explained multiple times now, back then teams were absolutely not playing optimal offense either due to a lack of 3 point shooting.

Back then, teams took about 5% of their shots from the 3 point line which is nowhere close to optimal.

So, like I've been asked before. Was 1987 also a "trash era" because the defense was so bad? So bad that teams were scoring at roughly the same rate they are now...despite not using the power of the 3 even close to the optimal amount?

I mean, how bad does the defense have to be...to allow such scoring when the offenses aren't even taking 3's??????
How can you know what is optimal 3FGA rates when there's hand checking and different rules in regards to zone defense as well as back to the basket.

DMAVS41
12-10-2019, 04:41 PM
How can you know what is optimal 3FGA rates when there's hand checking and different rules in regards to zone defense as well as back to the basket.

I think it is about as obvious as possible that taking roughly 3 threes per game is not optimal based on the math of the game.

Especially when so many shots were taken as long 2's.

Hell, go look at the shooting data for the early 00's...tons of long 2's and not nearly enough 3's.

Just basic math...get less points for those shots and help the defense by giving them less ground to cover.

superduper
12-10-2019, 04:41 PM

I think you're talking about Derek Fisher bro

Uncle Drew
12-10-2019, 04:46 PM
I think you're talking about Derek Fisher bro
Cringe.