PDA

View Full Version : If KD returns to form next year where will he rank among players?

AngelEyes
12-04-2019, 12:59 AM
If KD returns somewhat close to form next season where do you project him to rank among all players? Is he still top 5? Is he better than Harden? AD? LeBron? Given his enormous size and length and all time great shooting ability I think he's better equipped than almost any player ever to withstand such a devastating injury and still retain most of his ability.

MaxPlayer
12-04-2019, 01:05 AM
He's tall and he can shoot, so he should still score a bunch of points.

If I had to bet, I'd say he'll lose too much athleticism to remain top 5 in terms of impact. The track record for guys coming back from achilles injuries isn't great, but he was probably better than any of those before, so who knows.

Smoke117
12-04-2019, 01:06 AM
Even if he doesn't have the mobility and explosiveness he had before he can still be top 10 being a Dirk like player.

Manny98
12-04-2019, 05:56 AM
Top 3 at worst

Bronbron23
12-04-2019, 10:34 AM
Coming off an Achilles injury im gonna say top 10. Bron,ad,greek,steph,luka,kawhi,pg and harden will be better.

Elosha
12-04-2019, 11:09 AM
If KD returns somewhat close to form next season where do you project him to rank among all players? Is he still top 5? Is he better than Harden? AD? LeBron? Given his enormous size and length and all time great shooting ability I think he's better equipped than almost any player ever to withstand such a devastating injury and still retain most of his ability.

All I can say is it's an enormous loss to the NBA and his career. Who knows how the Finals would have turned out if the played last year. And he was still in his prime, which is now being cut short both by his missed games and his inevitable decline. This also probably ends any outside chance he had of becoming all time NBA points leader.

brooks_thompson
12-04-2019, 01:01 PM
If he does come back as the exact same player somehow (which is pretty much the question OP is asking), then he's right back in the top 3. Giannis, and assuming Lebron is the same next year as he is right now, would have the best cases over him. Then Harden and Luka at 4&5.

That's a really big IF, but I hope it happens. Hate to see anybody, especially an all-time great, be robbed in their prime years.

Bronbron23
12-04-2019, 01:06 PM
If he does come back as the exact same player somehow (which is pretty much the question OP is asking), then he's right back in the top 3. Giannis, and assuming Lebron is the same next year as he is right now, would have the best cases over him. Then Harden and Luka at 4&5.

That's a really big IF, but I hope it happens. Hate to see anybody, especially an all-time great, be robbed in their prime years.
This is spot on except id throw kawhi in there. He dosnt look like it in the regular season but come playoff time hes top 3 for sure.

brooks_thompson
12-04-2019, 01:09 PM
This is spot on except id throw kawhi in there. He dosnt look like it in the regular season but come playoff time hes top 3 for sure.

I love Kawhi, but at this point his ranking is sort of a N/A to me. If all the other top players were ace starting pitchers, he'd be the Mariano Rivera. Which, come playoff time, is hugely important. Imperfect analogy I know but just spitballing

Bronbron23
12-04-2019, 01:15 PM
I love Kawhi, but at this point his ranking is sort of a N/A to me. If all the other top players were ace starting pitchers, he'd be the Mariano Rivera. Which, come playoff time, is hugely important. Imperfect analogy I know but just spitballing
I hear u. He looks injured to me but he looked that way last post season and he was the best player in the playoffs other than maybe kd before he got hurt. Its hard to tell if hes really that hurt or if hes just chillin till playoffs. Im giving him the benefit of the dought just because hes the reigning fmvp.

superduper
12-04-2019, 01:18 PM
I hear u. He looks injured to me but he looked that way last post season and he was the best player in the playoffs other than maybe kd before he got hurt. Its hard to tell if hes really that hurt or if hes just chillin till playoffs. Im giving him the benefit of the dought just because hes the reigning fmvp.

He was definitely hurting at a certain point in the playoffs but I think just the adrenaline of the moment and the insane opportunity that was infront of him allowed him to will himself to overcome his injury pain to perform the way that he did. But yeah this year he doesn't really look the same. Last year in the regular season it legit looked like he sleep walked to 30 whenever he felt like it on 50%. Seemed so effortless. This year he is definitely visibly struggling and does not look 100% like himself.

ImKobe
12-04-2019, 01:26 PM
1st team All-NBA. He'll be the best SF in the league again so by default top 5 in the league.

Bronbron23
12-04-2019, 01:42 PM
He was definitely hurting at a certain point in the playoffs but I think just the adrenaline of the moment and the insane opportunity that was infront of him allowed him to will himself to overcome his injury pain to perform the way that he did. But yeah this year he doesn't really look the same. Last year in the regular season it legit looked like he sleep walked to 30 whenever he felt like it on 50%. Seemed so effortless. This year he is definitely visibly struggling and does not look 100% like himself.
Yeah true. Im a kawhi fan so im hoping thats not the case and he'll be same kawhi come playoff time. The way he looks right now is a little concerning though.

AlternativeAcc.
12-04-2019, 03:14 PM
Top 3 with LeBron and Luka.

he'll still be leaps and bounds better than Harden, Giannis, and Kawhit

Real Men Wear Green
12-04-2019, 03:26 PM
If he returns to form? He'll average whatever he wants to and be top 3.

But he won't be the same, he's going to lose quickness and that will keep him from being the great defender he once was. Should still be able to score.

Real14
12-04-2019, 04:19 PM
Number 1 or 2.