PDA

View Full Version : If greek wins mvp and dpoy will it be considered the best reg season ever?

Bronbron23
12-05-2019, 01:46 PM
I know most people on this board only see offense but defence is just as important. I think only 2 other players have done this. Mj and Hakeem. Mj was 35/5.5/6 and hakeem was 27/12/3.6. Greek right now is 31/13/5.5 while playing elite defence. Mj and the bulls won 50 games that year while Hakeem and the rockets won 58. Greek and the bucks should at least win 60 games this season.

Im torn between hakeem and greek but im leaning towards hakeem. Despite the numbers i think hakeem was better offensively and he was better defensively too. I left mj out because even though he scored a shit ton and he was a great perimeter defender i think greek and hakeem have a significantly bigger impact defensively and i value defense almost as much as offense.

Marchesk
12-05-2019, 01:48 PM
Giannis surpassing Michael Jordan :eek:

Xiao Yao You
12-05-2019, 01:50 PM

without winning anything. Matt Harpring had Kawai at #7 currently last night!:roll:

SpaceJam2
12-05-2019, 01:53 PM

Bronbron23
12-05-2019, 01:57 PM
Well i clarified regular season but yeah i think he would for that one season anyway. I actually think greek is gonna improve his all around skill in the next few years and go on mj like championship run and threaten mj's rings, stats and accolades.

Patrick Chewing
12-05-2019, 02:01 PM
If it was already done before, then how could it be the best regular season ever?

MaxPlayer
12-05-2019, 02:05 PM
If it was already done before, then how could it be the best regular season ever?

Because he isn't playing against plumbers and cab drivers.

Bronbron23
12-05-2019, 02:16 PM
Because one can be better than the other. Not all mvps and dpoys are equal.

Bronbron23
12-05-2019, 02:17 PM
Yeah but he did play in an era that allowed defence.

superduper
12-05-2019, 02:45 PM

Except Greek himself was a street vendor good fail :oldlol:

Micku
12-05-2019, 02:46 PM
It's still too early really.

His stats may go down or it may go up. It's only been 20 games. Like Hakeem stat line wasn't as good as his final stat line in 94 at the first 20 games. Same with MJ. And other seasons they had better starts.

If he keeps up his awesome stat line, then it's going to be one of the most impressive performances. Like Hakeem and MJ.

You could probably talk about the context too I guess. Like it was harder MJ to score due to crap spacing and handchecking. But it was easier to defend. Same with Hakeem, but more on easier to the defend side. Since 3 defensive second didn't exist back then, and spacing was crap.

Overall, too early to tell. If he continues this level play, for sure. One of the best.

Ghost1
12-05-2019, 03:50 PM
who cares about his defense...with that kind of body it's easy