PDA

View Full Version : Is Prime Anthony Davis better than prime Shaq ever was? Settle it here.....

PickernRoller
12-08-2019, 09:16 AM
Before you vote consider the following....

Anthony Davis has single-handely carried the Lakers ON BOTH ENDS of the floor to a league leading #1 seed, 20-3 record.

AD has uplifted Bran's corpse. The very same corpse that led to a 10th seed, quick, post-all star break playoff elimination berth last season.

Anthony Davis has both ELITE Offense AND Defense and is the defensive anchor of his team.

Prime Shaq on the other hand was an offensive, unstoppable beast, and I don't think anyone, including myself, will argue or claim that AD is better offensively than Shaq. It's nonsense.

HOWEVER, on Defense, Shaq left A LOT to be desired, and rode on the coattails of elite perimeter and interior defenders to his titles (Kobe, Horace etc ad-infinitum)... Just consider the fact that Duncan, Sabonis, Vlade Divac etc all had his way with Shaq around the rim and the post... not to mention guards like Iverson and Kidd toyed with Shaq at the rim.

Discuss.

SouBeachTalents
12-08-2019, 09:19 AM
https://i.redd.it/479nm8gs9mv11.gif

Shogon
12-08-2019, 09:19 AM
This board is so ****ing bad.

AirTupac
12-08-2019, 09:20 AM

Stfu nerd before I bully yo ass

PickernRoller
12-08-2019, 09:20 AM

:oldlol:

superduper
12-08-2019, 11:26 AM

Your Bran stan retards DEFINITELY make it better with their 20 trash threads a day, don't see you making a peep in their threads about it.

Losers.

PickernRoller
12-08-2019, 11:30 AM
Shogon one my dogs... don't mind him.

Hey Yo
12-08-2019, 11:41 AM
Your Bran stan retards DEFINITELY make it better with their 20 trash threads a day, don't see you making a peep in their threads about it.

Losers.
We see you making a peep all the time cause you constantly cry about this site and contents every-fvcking-day. :oldlol:

Dont let the door hit you in your whale ass, Chico.

Akeem34TheDream
12-08-2019, 11:44 AM
Did you watch peak Shaq, OP? I guess you werent old enough. Shaq was the best player in the league. Is Anthony Davis best in the NBA? Was he last year? Why did I take this troll thread seriously, I dont know.

Uncle Drew
12-08-2019, 11:47 AM
Not a weird question if your NBA viewing history doesn’t go further than Shaq in Boston, so I can understand why OP asks this.

Bronbron23
12-08-2019, 11:55 AM
Before you vote consider the following....

Anthony Davis has single-handely carried the Lakers ON BOTH ENDS of the floor to a league leading #1 seed, 20-3 record.

AD has uplifted Bran's corpse. The very same corpse that led to a 10th seed, quick, post-all star break playoff elimination berth last season.

Anthony Davis has both ELITE Offense AND Defense and is the defensive anchor of his team.

Prime Shaq on the other hand was an offensive, unstoppable beast, and I don't think anyone, including myself, will argue or claim that AD is better offensively than Shaq. It's nonsense.

HOWEVER, on Defense, Shaq left A LOT to be desired, and rode on the coattails of elite perimeter and interior defenders to his titles (Kobe, Horace etc ad-infinitum)... Just consider the fact that Duncan, Sabonis, Vlade Divac etc all had his way with Shaq around the rim and the post... not to mention guards like Iverson and Kidd toyed with Shaq at the rim.

Discuss.
Bruh come on man

Gotterdammerung
12-08-2019, 12:18 PM
While Anthony Davis is a great player, he is nowhere near the pantheon-level great O'Neal already was by his third year in the league as he led his team to the Finals in 1995.

Let's do a Dr. Jack-styled breakdown:

Scoring: O'Neal averaged over 29ppg three times in his first eight seasons. AD has cracked 28 twice.
O'Neal

Shooting: While Shaq was a much more dominant force near the basket, Davis' multi-dimensional scoring skills allover the floor gives him the edge here.
Davis

Rebounding: O'Neal collected more than 13 per game three times in his first eight seasons. Davis cracked 12 rebounds only once, last year.
O'Neal

Passing: career numbers are roughly even, at around 2 to 3 per game.

even

Perimeter defense: O'Neal was a solid defender, but he always sunk back into the paint on pick-and-roll plays. Davis is absolutely lethal here, almost Kevin Garnett like.
Davis

Interior defense: Due to his massive size and presence, O'Neal prevented anyone from yamming on him. Davis is solid but he is often out of position, and has to fly back to the rim. Shaq is already there as a deterrent.
O'Neal

Shot Blocking: Both are good shot-blockers, but only Shaq collected 3 and more four times in his first 8 seasons. Davis, once.
O'Neal

Durability: Except for a nasty knee injury in 1997, O'Neal was pretty durable during the first half of his career. Davis is often in and out of the lineup due to a various of maladies.
O'Neal

Intangibles: Shaq changed the league, forcing other teams to sign extra stiffs just to foul him. Davis has lead his team to the playoffs only a couple of times.
O'Neal

Looks one-sided to me. :confusedshrug:

LostCause
12-08-2019, 12:25 PM
:biggums:

AirBonner
12-08-2019, 12:30 PM
Op probably also believes Shaq was a 2nd fiddle to Kobe :rolleyes:

Phoenix
12-08-2019, 01:16 PM
I would sooner make this thread if Giannis was the topic and even then,no. Shaq was an inevitable force at his peak.

ImKobe
12-08-2019, 01:23 PM
Shaq is an overrated defender, he had a couple seasons early in his career but he was terrible by 2003 when he put on all that weight and couldn't defend the P&R at all, which the Spurs and Pistons both exploited in the Playoffs.

Shaq is the more dominant scorer, but Davis is the better all-around player with how versatile he is on both ends of the court, no weakness to his game while Shaq couldn't shoot and was often a liability at the FT line.

SpaceJam2
12-08-2019, 01:27 PM
Shaq is an overrated defender, he had a couple seasons early in his career but he was terrible by 2003 when he put on all that weight and couldn't defend the P&R at all, which the Spurs and Pistons both exploited in the Playoffs.

Shaq is the more dominant scorer, but Davis is the better all-around player with how versatile he is on both ends of the court, no weakness to his game while Shaq couldn't shoot and was often a liability at the FT line.

You voted Shaq as the better player over Anthony Davis?
But then Kobe over LeBron?

:lol

So in your mind... Shaq, a guy worse than AD, needed Kobe, a guy better than LeBron to win 3 FMVPs

Is that your story?

ImKobe
12-08-2019, 01:41 PM
Kobe, a guy better than LeBron

Yup.

RRR3
12-08-2019, 01:43 PM
You voted Shaq as the better player over Anthony Davis?
But then Kobe over LeBron?

So in your mind... Shaq, a guy worse than AD, needed Kobe, a guy better than LeBron to win 3 FMVPs

Is that your story?
Go easy on ImRetarded, the poor fella has an IQ in the 70s

stalkerforlife
12-08-2019, 03:17 PM

:roll:

Got. His. Ass!

Real Cavs Fan
12-08-2019, 03:19 PM
Shaq was much better than Anthony Davis. Anthony Davis is not a true first option. LeBron is the first option still.

stalkerforlife
12-08-2019, 03:21 PM
Shaq was much better than Anthony Davis. Anthony Davis is not a true first option. LeBron is the first option still.

Wait...

AD averages more points on better efficiency and Bran is the first option?

Interesting.

SouBeachTalents
12-08-2019, 03:27 PM
16-2-1, not at all surprised at the retards who didn't vote for Shaq :lol

ArbitraryWater
12-08-2019, 03:34 PM
Wait...

AD averages more points on better efficiency and Bran is the first option?

You're lying again.

Uncle Drew
12-08-2019, 03:38 PM
OP was so desperate to be funny, but got his poll shoved in his ass. Yikes.

RRR3
12-08-2019, 03:40 PM
And all of them Kobe stans.

Interdasting.

stalkerforlife
12-08-2019, 03:41 PM
You're lying again.

Say what?

stalkerforlife
12-08-2019, 03:44 PM
AD - 26.6 on 59.9TS.

Bran - 25.6 on 57.4TS.

elementally morale
12-08-2019, 04:05 PM
AD - 26.6 on 59.9TS.

Bran - 25.6 on 57.4TS.

If LeBron wouldn't play for the next 10 games Davis' stats would go down. If it's Davis sitting, LeBron's numbers would go up. TS% down but points and rebounds up. Assists the same.I really don't like LeBron James but it is pretty obvious he is the best player on this Laker team. Individually... I'm not sure. As far as the whole team is involved it's James. He is playing a lot better than last year.

red1
12-08-2019, 04:11 PM
OP is ****ing retarded.

I would knock that kid out with no hesitation.

ImKobe
12-08-2019, 04:13 PM
If LeBron wouldn't play for the next 10 games Davis' stats would go down. If it's Davis sitting, LeBron's numbers would go up. TS% down but points and rebounds up. Assists the same.

I don't see that because Davis has had better scoring seasons before. I'd say they'd both be the same they were last season without eachother. I don't think they really impact eachother's stats much, rather they just dominate an opponent depending on who has the hot hand or the easier match-up, which obviously makes it easier on both sides as far as making it through the RS healthy and not as fatigued.

Lebron23
12-08-2019, 04:20 PM
Prime Shaq never missed the playoffs, and never was eliminated in the first round of the playoffs.

ImKobe
12-08-2019, 04:24 PM
Prime Shaq never missed the playoffs, and never was eliminated in the first round of the playoffs.

Shaq missed 28 games in '96 and they still won 60 games :lol He went from Penny at the start of his prime to Kobe at his peak to Wade in his later years. AD gets a 34 y.o Lebron and he's instantly a title contender.

ArbitraryWater
12-08-2019, 04:27 PM
AD - 26.6 on 59.9TS.

Bran - 25.6 on 57.4TS.

oh shit TS is where its at?

NBAGOAT
12-08-2019, 04:33 PM
This thread is why I don

SpaceJam2
12-08-2019, 04:35 PM

:roll: :roll:

Like clockwork, the low IQs come out

red1
12-08-2019, 04:36 PM
[QUOTE=NBAGOAT]This thread is why I don

SpaceJam2
12-08-2019, 04:36 PM
If LeBron wouldn't play for the next 10 games Davis' stats would go down. If it's Davis sitting, LeBron's numbers would go up. TS% down but points and rebounds up. Assists the same.I really don't like LeBron James but it is pretty obvious he is the best player on this Laker team. Individually... I'm not sure. As far as the whole team is involved it's James. He is playing a lot better than last year.

Respect :applause:

stalkerforlife
12-08-2019, 04:47 PM

That's a blatant lie.

AD's numbers would clearly go up across the board.

What a joke.

Session
12-08-2019, 04:56 PM
Anthony Davis has not reached his prime already, but is currently an unstoppable offensive player and a future DPOY. Prime Shaquille O'Neal was a force of nature who threepeat in LA.

Shaqzilla of course :D

elementally morale
12-08-2019, 05:04 PM
That's a blatant lie.
AD's numbers would clearly go up across the board.

I have zero reasons to lie. I may be mistaken. I was a Laker fan long before you were born and I'll be following Laker games long after you're gone. Plus I've played organized basketball for many years... one of my ex-teammates made it to the NBA (Kornel David, Bulls). So no, I won't lie.

As for Davis' numbers... I think he is limited. The best sidekick ever was Kobe but Davis may be up there. However, as a 1st option he is limited. His offensive moves are fine but not go to moves. He has had his great days... but great days aside, if he is the focus of the defense you've already seen the best he has to offer. And it's fine but not championship quality.

As a second option (and he IS a second option on this team) he is great. He is anchoring the defense (him and Howard) and Davis is a very good offensive player. But in this first 23 games it was LeBron that made this team go. I was surprised by the way. Last year's James was not this good. In his new-found role he does excel though. As much as I don't like him.

SpaceJam
12-08-2019, 07:44 PM
Close poll

PickernRoller
12-09-2019, 12:09 AM
Despite sound arguments on both sides ISH has clearly spoken.

Shaq still reigns supreme. Maybe we'll have to revisit if AD wins some rings in dominant fashion.

As for my dogs begging for attention, thank you for the participation, as always. Pedigree bag coming right up.

72-10
12-09-2019, 11:00 PM

I'm afraid the poll doesn't quite make sense.

RRR3
12-09-2019, 11:06 PM
I don't see that because Davis has had better scoring seasons before. I'd say they'd both be the same they were last season without eachother. I don't think they really impact eachother's stats much, rather they just dominate an opponent depending on who has the hot hand or the easier match-up, which obviously makes it easier on both sides as far as making it through the RS healthy and not as fatigued.
He’s scoring at the highest rate of his career (very slightly over 2017) and with the second highest efficiency he’s ever had.

Airupthere
12-09-2019, 11:07 PM
AD is not stopping prime Shaq