PDA

View Full Version : AD is probably better than Lebron in a "vacuum"

StrongLurk
12-08-2019, 11:43 PM
But Lebron is more important for the Lakers considering their lack of ball handlers outside of Rondo (who has trouble staying healthy).

If I had to draft a current player in the NBA right now on a non-made team...I would probably choose AD before Bron.

J Shuttlesworth
12-09-2019, 12:13 AM
So you're going to draft the superstar who is 26 instead of the 35 year old? Shocking insight

StrongLurk
12-09-2019, 12:25 AM
So you're going to draft the superstar who is 26 instead of the 35 year old? Shocking insight

I'm not talking for "future" use. I'm talking about a draft for this season ALONE.

AD right now has the edge over Lebron factoring in his defense.

Im so nba'd out
12-09-2019, 12:27 AM
I'm not talking for "future" use. I'm talking about a draft for this season ALONE.

AD right now has the edge over Lebron factoring in his defense.
you're an idiot....congrats

StrongLurk
12-09-2019, 12:31 AM
you're an idiot....congrats

No basketball rebuttal? AD is DPOY so far...on top of being the leading scorer on the Lakers.

lakerstekkenn
12-09-2019, 01:08 AM
Is Davis better then Duncan ? because he looks like he is although different times and talent and threats also better defensive threats then today.

Duncan was something special but Davis is making it look easy right now.

BARBECUE CHICKEN. :biggums: :milton

Duncan21formvp
06-09-2020, 10:23 PM
AD is better

RRR3
06-09-2020, 10:26 PM
Epic meltdown we're witnessing from Duncan21formvp.

Turbo Slayer
06-09-2020, 11:38 PM
AD is better Note how Duncan21formvp says his statement without any backup whatsoever. While its true that AD may be the leading scorer and a great defensive player, LeBron has more impact on his team. Without LeBron the Lakers dropoff is more substantial then when AD is off the floor.

AlternativeAcc.
06-09-2020, 11:40 PM
Choose a guy whose done nothing on his own over a guy whose made a career out of doing everything on his own and winning in every circumstance imaginable.

Nice take,

Akeem34TheDream
06-10-2020, 04:45 AM
a career out of doing everything on his own and winning in every circumstance imaginable.

I'm not so sure about those.:oldlol:

999Guy
06-10-2020, 06:30 AM
He’s worse than LeBron in every situation. And never has been better.

deathawaitu
06-10-2020, 08:44 AM
Obviously any person with a brain knows AD is better and has been carrying this Lakers team to the playoff

Lakers with Lebron = lottery team
Lakers with AD= Championship contenders

Remove Lebron from the team, AD still makes it to the playoff this year
Remove AD from the team, Lebron leds Lakers to another lottery season

LAL
06-10-2020, 09:14 AM
Bron stans strangely have a pretty negative view of AD, downplaying every chance they get, leading all categories basically and DPOY. So strange.

Turbo Slayer
06-10-2020, 09:55 AM
Remember...

The 2019 Lakers core was injured (Ball, Ingram, and LeBron) so the Lakers failed to make a playoff push late in the 2019 RS.

AD himself did not just take the Lakers to the #1 seed.

You have to take into account that LeBron improved his RS self from 2019 to 2020 and the Lakers added Cook, Green, Howard, Daniels, and Markieff.

light
06-10-2020, 09:04 PM
lf I had to draft a current player in the NBA right now on a non-made team...I would probably choose AD before Bron.

There's no way you're actually taking AD.

He has a well publicized character flaw that you'd learn about while doing your pre-draft due diligence as a GM.

It's honestly a dealbreaker for a #1 pick.

Long story short, AD was a late developing star and he initially developed his game around being a great role player and all of his instincts as a player, and even as a person, are as a role player.

AD is uncomfortable being a superstar.
AD is uncomfortable being a leader.

Davis has described both of those things as "outside of my comfort zone" and "a lot harder than I thought it would be" as recently as 2017-18.

AD has no idea when to say something to his teammates in terms of motivation or encouragement, and he has no idea what to say anyway.

Extra-effert is also not innate to him. He has to be pressured into trying to dominate.

These are issues that have plagued him since high-school and they still exist.

This is why the LeBron-AD pairing is so perfect for Davis. AD is most comfortable as Robin to LeBron's Batman.

Rico2016
06-10-2020, 09:58 PM
Choose a guy whose done nothing on his own over a guy whose made a career out of doing everything on his own and winning in every circumstance imaginable.

Nice take,

Imagine Choosing AD who has one playoff series win in his career while LeBron has 35.

Game over.

ImKobe
06-11-2020, 06:43 AM
Remember...

The 2019 Lakers core was injured (Ball, Ingram, and LeBron) so the Lakers failed to make a playoff push late in the 2019 RS.

AD himself did not just take the Lakers to the #1 seed.

You have to take into account that LeBron improved his RS self from 2019 to 2020 and the Lakers added Cook, Green, Howard, Daniels, and Markieff.

AD is the main reason the Lakers are #1 in the WC and not out of the Playoffs like last year. He allows Lebron to play a different role on both sides of the court, since he anchors the defense and is a walking bucket any time Lebron throws it up to him at the rim. I don't think Lebron's really improved from last year, just that he's been healthier and has a superstar teammate who is on his level. AD leads the Lakers in everything but assists, I don't get how people can still downplay his impact.

Manny98
06-11-2020, 06:55 AM
Lakers without LeBron = worst offense in the NBA

Lakers without AD = don't miss a beat

AD will tell you himself that LeBron is the best player on the Lakers

https://youtu.be/-mz8BRAb0-w

ImKobe
06-11-2020, 09:52 AM
Lakers without LeBron = worst offense in the NBA

Lakers without AD = don't miss a beat

AD will tell you himself that LeBron is the best player on the Lakers

https://youtu.be/-mz8BRAb0-w

Shaq said Kobe was the best player in the world in 2001, Lebron said Kobe was the best in the world in 2009. Do you agree with those as well then?

Manny98
06-11-2020, 10:43 AM
Shaq said Kobe was the best player in the world in 2001, Lebron said Kobe was the best in the world in 2009. Do you agree with those as well then?
You're talking about this interview where LeBron looks blatantly stoned :roll:

https://youtu.be/Fv37ykpYk84

deathawaitu
06-11-2020, 10:49 AM
Imagine Choosing AD who has one playoff series win in his career while LeBron has 35.

Game over.

AD one playoff series win in the West > Lebron's 0 playoff series in the West

Game over

Ethered son

Quick log onto your alts!

AirFederer
06-11-2020, 10:52 AM
To bad games are not played in a vacuum

ArbitraryWater
06-11-2020, 11:01 AM

LeBron was stoned in the interview dummie.

No I dont agree with Shaq, but I do agree with AD.