PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Scarlett vs PS5

Draz
12-10-2019, 04:38 PM
With rumors and confirmation that a new console will be released 2020, I'm happy to get back into gaming.

I started off on PS1> Gameboy color > GBA > PSP > Xbox 360 > PS3 > PS4

I had the best gaming experience on XBOX360 and PSP. I didn't have an XB1 but it was the best for online and COD.

I intend on going Microsoft this time.

bladefd
12-10-2019, 04:59 PM
I don't like the Microsoft controllers (palm/fingers get stiff) so if I ever do get either console in future, it will probably be a Playstation. Sony also usually has more exclusives that are good.

Meticode
12-10-2019, 06:34 PM
This past year I bought a used PS4. It was my first console since I bought a PS2 when it first came out (the fat boy). I got out of gaming because I was just too busy in my late teens and late 20s.

First game I got for the PS4 was Red Dead Redemption II. By far the best video game I've ever played in my life. Beautiful game with a well written story.

I beat that twice.

Google Stadia got announced. Sold my PS4 for more money than I bought it for used (bought it for $175, sold it for $195). The amazing thing about it was it was the initial release version from 2013. And it still 100% worked.

Pre-ordered Stadia Founder's Edition and I have that now.

So far...I'm satisified with it currently, but I'm going to be judging it based on the next year before the next-gen consoles roll around.

Between now and the next-gen release three things will factor in if I keep Stadia or go to a PS5 or new Xbox...

1.) Quantity of Games - They need to greatly expand the library the next year. Triple-A titles especially.

2.) Consistency of the Network - While I haven't had horrible issues with gaming. There are times where I'll be playing then the game will get pixelated for a few seconds. That doesn't greatly bother me, but what does bother me is for 1 frame the screen will go black streaming the game. I suspect it's an encoding issue on their end because it happens on my phone, laptop or Chromecast Ultra. It's not a consistent problem, but it does happen sometimes once per one or two hours of gaming. Also some titles that are advertised as 4K aren't at all. Red Dead Redemption II for example shows as 4K, but tests show it's only 1440p.

3.) Latency - It's definitely there. But 1-player games are enjoyable and the latency isn't downright horrible. You get less latency if you have your Stadia controller wired to your laptop or phone. it almost feels local, but when it's wireless connected through the Chromecast the latency is probably 25-50% slower on reaction. Competitive gaming isn't an option right now for this, but story mode or 1-player games for me at least are fine.

...at least two of these three things need to improve greatly in the next year. Otherwise if they don't I'll probably jump ship to Xbox or PS5.

Meticode
12-10-2019, 06:38 PM
I don't like the Microsoft controllers (palm/fingers get stiff) so if I ever do get either console in future, it will probably be a Playstation. Sony also usually has more exclusives that are good.
Just get a better controller? I'm sure Xbox has ones that are contoured to the PS4 likeness.

ROCSteady
12-10-2019, 06:39 PM
Damn time flies. I remember being so pumped when the first XBox dropped. NHL Hitz was my shit when I first got the Box.

It's funny to think about how bulky and cumbersome that console and notably the controller were but the graphics were killer at the time.

How much further can they take console gaming before gaming is interactive VR? I feel like graphics can't be improved much but then again, people were probably saying that when the XBox came out.

I doubt they can make gameplay look authentically photorealistic even though the ones I play, NHL 20 & Red Dead 2 are remarkable

Manny98
12-10-2019, 06:39 PM
Team PlayStation :rockon:

Xbox have zero good exclusives

egokiller
12-10-2019, 06:45 PM

That Bonnie Ross bitch in the link below managed to fvck up the only good exclusive xbox had, which was halo. :lol

https://twitter.com/****343?lang=en

Meticode
12-10-2019, 06:47 PM
Damn time flies. I remember being so pumped when the first XBox dropped. NHL Hitz was my shit when I first got the Box.

It's funny to think about how bulky and cumbersome that console and notably the controller were but the graphics were killer at the time.

How much further can they take console gaming before gaming is interactive VR? I feel like graphics can't be improved much but then again, people were probably saying that when the XBox came out.

I doubt they can make gameplay look authentically photorealistic even though the ones I play, NHL 20 & Red Dead 2 are remarkable

RDR2 on PC with Ultra graphics is amazing. I'll be interested in seeing graphic mods introduced in the future because they're already pretty freaking nice. Right now playing RDR2 on my 65" TCL 4K HDR eye candy, and the game isn't even streamed at true 4K. Can't imagine what PC looks like in real life...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM-06ehsAu8

...this is the only game I've ever played in my life where I just simply walked around to absorb how beautiful it is sometimes. You know how in other games you're always running everywhere trying to get things done as quickly as you can? In RDR2 I always found myself simply walking taking it in. For example...get a animal kill. Hop off your horse and walk up to it, looking around, skin it, call your horse over, walk over to the horse, store the pelt, walk back over to the carcass, pick it up, walk back to the horse, store the carcass. Never once running the whole time when I could've. Truly an immersive game.

Meticode
12-10-2019, 06:47 PM

Right now one of the best VR games I've seen is Vader Immortal. That game actually has me interested in VR.

Draz
12-10-2019, 07:21 PM
I think Microsoft had the best controllers. I couldn't get used to Playstation despite growing up with ps

h0twheels
12-10-2019, 07:42 PM

Forza is good, but why not have both consoles:rockon:

Smoke117
12-10-2019, 08:04 PM
PS5. I have a gaming pc so there is no reason to ever buy an Xbox console again when all their first party games are also on pc now.

RoseCity07
12-12-2019, 05:06 AM
I always choose Xbox. Best controller out there. I have an elite controller and it's amazing.

PS2 was needed to play GTA but since Xbox got those games I never went back. Better online experience. Better controller. Xbox doesn't have issues with codecs.

Anyone see the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020? Shit looks insane.

Andrei89
12-12-2019, 05:10 AM
Xbox for controller and User Interface.

Also the exclusives are just as good as PS4 and ---> crossplatform

LAmbruh
12-12-2019, 05:50 AM
Scarlett is going to be geared more towards the Fortnite/Apex, social multiplayer casual.

Sony has been dumping millions buying the rights of Dev companies the past few years, they will be pushing out the new IP's, exclusives and best titles. As they have been

No need to be in much of a rush to snag PS5 on release though since it's backwards compatible and can run your old PS4 games anyways. Plus they're still releasing great titles on PS4 and will be throughout post PS5 launch

Cyberpunk, Last of Us 2, Dying Light, Doom, Persona and now Resident Evil 3 all in early 2020.

Wally450
12-12-2019, 11:07 AM
Scarlett for Halo Infinite.

bigkingsfan
12-12-2019, 01:49 PM
Microsoft often have "Xbox Game Pass Ultimate" promo, 90 days for a buck. Includes a great library for console/PC and Live Gold included.

tomtucker
12-12-2019, 02:28 PM
This past year I bought a used PS4. Sold my PS4 for more money than I bought it for used (bought it for $175, sold it for $195). The amazing thing about it was it was the initial release version from 2013. .

:biggums: :coleman:

Meticode
12-12-2019, 07:19 PM
:biggums: :coleman:
What?

Draz
12-12-2019, 08:55 PM
Never played Halo like that. I played a few times but I didn't like the mechanics. They should make it first person. It's first person right? Make it more like unreal tournament

Manny98
12-12-2019, 10:56 PM
New Xbox looks like a f*cking fridge :roll: :roll: :roll:

LAmbruh
12-12-2019, 11:01 PM
New Xbox looks like a f*cking fridge :roll: :roll: :roll:
i'm surprised they're marketing it like a vertical PC tower

consoles are meant to lay flat so they blend in with your Blueray/Audio receivers and TV stand

thicc boi
https://i.redd.it/bv4bv1pi8b441.png

CelticBaller
12-12-2019, 11:11 PM
Looks nice

Draz
12-12-2019, 11:12 PM
I mean what did we expect? It probably has a lot of specs in there and cooling fans. Who puts their console upright? I never did this in my entirety of gaming. It's always flat down on the surface.

The new PS isn't a looker anyways either.

Keep in mind the refreshed versions always look better.

LAmbruh
12-12-2019, 11:27 PM
I mean what did we expect? It probably has a lot of specs in there and cooling fans. Who puts their console upright? I never did this in my entirety of gaming. It's always flat down on the surface.

The new PS isn't a looker anyways either.

Keep in mind the refreshed versions always look better.
I think you're thinking of the PS5 Dev kits

https://i.postimg.cc/BQQJjSH7/ps5-devkit-render-feat.jpg

RealSkipBayless
12-12-2019, 11:28 PM
Sony actually has games.. so I

scuzzy
12-13-2019, 05:57 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/cjyVveMCMgunS/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/5xlAkXPTjrmNi/giphy.gif

https://i.postimg.cc/zGvp8BDw/56tyuty.png

scuzzy
12-13-2019, 06:14 AM
Plain and simple, I like it

Can blend in easily on any entertainment stand

Still getting a PS5 though

ROCSteady
12-13-2019, 06:34 AM
That's what the new Playstation looks like? Yikes, it looks like cheap Nintendo or Sega expansion hardware or something

LAmbruh
12-13-2019, 06:46 AM
That's what the new Playstation looks like? Yikes, it looks like cheap Nintendo or Sega expansion hardware or something
No those are the Development kits that game developers use to build the games for the system prior to release

PS3 dev kit

https://i.postimg.cc/prTypyGx/D524ptr-W0-AAJm-S4.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

PS4 dev kit

https://i.postimg.cc/Y0s0gkZF/f-R-vg-VSk-UJOU0ggu-Ue57-ADDd4-Qf9-Gf9y-Cu-QFNo-C6-QTE.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

PS5 dev kit

https://i.postimg.cc/DfdtzBL2/chrome-2019-12-02-08-17-45-1024x575.png

ROCSteady
12-13-2019, 06:49 AM
That's pretty cool, I didn't know that was the protocol. Thanks for sharing.

First joint look like a VCR from grade school with the TV strapped on the roller wheels

LAmbruh
12-13-2019, 07:18 AM
That's pretty cool, I didn't know that was the protocol. Thanks for sharing.

First joint look like a VCR from grade school with the TV strapped on the roller wheels
Yeah Sony and Microsoft basically hand these things out to developers wayyy prior to release of the actual console, so when the console does come out there are games already lined up

Plus it removes any potential hardware leaks and spoiler pics of the actual commercial unit.

Brujesino
12-13-2019, 06:07 PM
new xbox is basically a pc tower.

Xbox pass is super underrated great value still I'll probably end up getting the both the xbox and ps5

Meticode
12-13-2019, 06:09 PM
Something people still undervalue is the backwards compatibility of the Xbox system. It'll be able to play all your old Xbox/360/One/etc. There are some days when I wish I I was playing Twisted Metal II.

Draz
12-13-2019, 07:09 PM
I mean I'll get both consoles cus I ain't a broke fck but I need to be more into gaming that time around otherwise I'm wasting my time

Draz
12-13-2019, 07:10 PM
Something people still undervalue is the backwards compatibility of the Xbox system. It'll be able to play all your old Xbox/360/One/etc. There are some days when I wish I I was playing Twisted Metal II.
Where the fck have you been

Twisted metal was my childhood.

I wish Sony would remake crash bandicoot with the mini games I'd buy it

Meticode
12-13-2019, 10:40 PM

Twisted Metal was my first Playstation game ever. Twisted Metal II was the best one of the series. Constantly played the Paris map. Twisted Metal III sucked wen 989 Studios took it over. Never played TM:Black on PS3.

warriorfan
12-13-2019, 10:53 PM
Twisted Metal was my first Playstation game ever. Twisted Metal II was the best one of the series. Constantly played the Paris map. Twisted Metal III sucked wen 989 Studios took it over. Never played TM:Black on PS3.

That game was pretty dope. I remember the hearse that shot through walls and Mr Grimm flying around bombing on people.

qrich
12-13-2019, 10:59 PM
Vigilante 8 >> Twisted Metal

egokiller
12-14-2019, 12:12 AM
Vigilante 8 >> Twisted Metal

Rogue Trip >>>>>>> Vigilante 8 >> Twisted Metal

ROCSteady
12-14-2019, 01:28 AM

My four year old nephew and I rock with the Crash Bandicoot Remasters :rockon:

He loves that shit. The graphic updates are awesome, those games are paramount

raprap
12-15-2019, 07:24 AM
Should I buy a ps4 or wait out for ps5?

LAmbruh
12-15-2019, 07:42 AM
Should I buy a ps4 or wait out for ps5?
PS5 is backward compatible and will be able to play PS4 titles, but it'll probably set you back $499 + games/accesories after release

You can get a used PS4 bundle with like 10 games right now anywhere on Clist for cheap af. Here's (https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/12/13/last-minute-holiday-deals-for-playstation-fans/) a good deal on a new bundle

God of War, Horizon, Last of Us. All straight fiya

Manny98
12-15-2019, 10:26 AM
i'm surprised they're marketing it like a vertical PC tower

consoles are meant to lay flat so they blend in with your Blueray/Audio receivers and TV stand

thicc boi
https://i.redd.it/bv4bv1pi8b441.png
Ugly looking console, no good exclusives whatsoever

Who in their right mind would buy an Xbox :lol

PS5 has backwards compatibility as well so Xbox literally has no advantage unless you are a Halo fanboy or something

bullettooth
12-15-2019, 01:05 PM
Both will be dead on arrival. PC > Console

Bigsmoke
12-15-2019, 04:20 PM
I might just get both.

I'm team xbox but this Xbox One generation had been a let down so I can lose by owning both consoles

Meticode
12-15-2019, 09:24 PM
Yet both will make Microsoft and Sony millions upon millions of dollars if not billions of dollars...but both companies will keep dumping money into other things like phones which lose them money. :lol

https://www.engadget.com/2019/02/01/sony-playstation-4-profit/

Meticode
12-15-2019, 09:28 PM
Even with the unveil still not sure yet. I'm not a gamer by any means, so far Stadia has satisfied my itch for mindless entertainment staring at a screen being anti-social during stretches.

Like I said before, if Stadia doesn't improve noticably by the time the PS5 and Xbox Series X comes out I'll probably get one of those and stick with it. I hope it keeps improving though becuase it's kind of nice not having any hardware or worrying about it. Play on the 65" TCL QLED, if wifey has a show she wants to watch just pause the game and pick it up on my laptop in the other room and still enjoy it. Even played Red Dead Redemption 2 a couple times on my phone flawlessly, but it doesn't isn't a game made to be enjoyed on a phone.

qrich
12-15-2019, 09:41 PM
Metis obsession with Stadia is getting a bit scary

bladefd
12-15-2019, 09:58 PM
Metis obsession with Stadia is getting a bit scary

Stadia is actually a great idea in principle and conceptually, but not for multiplayer games. The companies just need multiple huge datacenters and costly hardware to keep those servers going with all those games ready to go.

Draz
12-15-2019, 10:06 PM
Even with the unveil still not sure yet. I'm not a gamer by any means, so far Stadia has satisfied my itch for mindless entertainment staring at a screen being anti-social during stretches.

Like I said before, if Stadia doesn't improve noticably by the time the PS5 and Xbox Series X comes out I'll probably get one of those and stick with it. I hope it keeps improving though becuase it's kind of nice not having any hardware or worrying about it. Play on the 65" TCL QLED, if wifey has a show she wants to watch just pause the game and pick it up on my laptop in the other room and still enjoy it. Even played Red Dead Redemption 2 a couple times on my phone flawlessly, but it doesn't isn't a game made to be enjoyed on a phone.
I don't even know what a Stadia is. First time hearing of this

fsvr54
12-15-2019, 10:33 PM
Always preferred Playstation.

LAmbruh
12-16-2019, 04:30 AM
Xbox Series X Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen Zen 2 CPU
GPU: AMD Navi-based GPU (~12 TFLOPs)
RAM: GDDR6 SDRAM (capacity not confirmed)
Storage: NVMe SSD (capacity not confirmed)
Max Output Resolution: 8K
Max Refresh Rate: 120Hz

CPU is a ~4X increase over the Xbox One
GPU is a ~6X increase over the Xbox One (HD 7770), and a ~2X increase over the Xbox One X (RX 580)

TLDR: Powerful af

Man next gen games are going to be nuts, i'm still blown away at this generations titles. With SSD's load times will be almost non existent

scuzzy
12-16-2019, 04:44 AM
Ahh the luxury of not being 12yo anymore and having ability to afford them all

Love my PC but nothing will beat the Playstation Exclusives

Last of Us
Until Dawn
Horizon
God of War
Spiderman
Bloodborne
Death Stranding
Persona
Infamous
Uncharted
Days Gone
Detroit become human

PS4 killed it on single player 3rd person games :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

bladefd
12-16-2019, 04:49 AM
TLDR: Powerful af

Man next gen games are going to be nuts, i'm still blown away at this generations titles. With SSD's load times will be almost non existent

Keep in mind textures in games will also get larger in size and more detailed. Games themselves are 40-50gigs nowadays. They often have loading times as well even with ssd on pc. So ssd doesn't necessarily mean no loading times. More detailed games may end up being 90-100gigs sooner than we realize so loading requirements will rise as well.

bladefd
12-16-2019, 04:52 AM
Ahh the luxury of not being 12yo anymore and having ability to afford them all

Love my PC but nothing will beat the Playstation Exclusives

Last of Us
Until Dawn
Horizon
God of War
Spiderman
Bloodborne
Death Stranding
Persona
Infamous
Uncharted
Days Gone
Detroit become human

PS4 killed it on single player 3rd person games :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Damn, only played the ones in bold. I am way behind :eek:

Which unbold ones would you say are must play? I don't have enough time to play every game on that list unfortunately.

scuzzy
12-16-2019, 04:55 AM
Damn, only played the ones in bold. I am way behind :eek:

Which unbold ones would you say are must play? I don't have enough time to play every game on that list unfortunately.

Last of Us
God of War
Spiderman
Horizon
Bloodborne

In that order

Amazing gameplay with incredible stories/cutscenes/sountracks, like playing a character in a movie with fun mechanics.

scuzzy
12-16-2019, 05:05 AM
Keep in mind textures in games will also get larger in size and more detailed. Games themselves are 40-50gigs nowadays. They often have loading times as well even with ssd on pc. So ssd doesn't necessarily mean no loading times. More detailed games may end up being 90-100gigs sooner than we realize so loading requirements will rise as well.
Size really doesn't differentiate that much on SSD's like it does on HDD and games aren't uploading giga size files when you play.

HDD is like reading off a disk drive, a fast vinyl record with mechanical parts

SSD is like a oversized flash drive stored digitally that can upload in seconds

Loading times will be cut down to a couple seconds next gen, most games it'll be integrating into cut scenes so users won't even be able to tell

bladefd
12-16-2019, 05:07 AM
Is God of War still finger smashing like from the ps2? Not really sure if I want to play a finger-smashing game. It's like playing Marvel v Capcom where you are just smashing random keys as fast as you can :lol Those games were fun in my teenage years but not so much now

bladefd
12-16-2019, 05:10 AM
Size really doesn't differentiate that much on SSD's like it does on HDD and games aren't uploading giga size files when you play.

HDD is like reading off a disk drive, a fast vinyl record with mechanical parts

SSD is like a oversized flash drive stored digitally that can upload in seconds

Loading times will be cut down to a couple seconds next gen, most games it'll be integrating into cut scenes so users won't even be able to tell

What about massive detailed 4k textures? Those will still have to load to the RAM and cpu to process the data, no?

warriorfan
12-16-2019, 05:14 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/ydyS79bY/6-EA5-DB76-6403-4-DD2-BD77-160-B44284-E95.png

scuzzy
12-16-2019, 05:14 AM
Is God of War still finger smashing like from the ps2? Not really sure if I want to play a finger-smashing game. It's like playing Marvel v Capcom where you are just smashing random keys as fast as you can :lol Those games were fun in my teenage years but not so much now
Nope, it's different from the button smash old GOW's.

In the new GOW the attacks are more precise using the R2 + L2 triggers, parrying and dodging. The enemies actually have health and don't spawn in the thousands like the old GOW's

Probably the best story of any game i've maybe ever played, can't wait for the sequel

scuzzy
12-16-2019, 05:15 AM
What about massive detailed 4k textures? Those will still have to load to the RAM and cpu to process the data, no?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD3PfBEEYNE

TheMan
12-16-2019, 10:03 AM
PlayStation all the way :rockon:

bladefd
12-16-2019, 03:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD3PfBEEYNE

For the same exact textures, next generation loads much faster but like I said, the textures will get much more detailed & much larger in size for next generation of games. Loading times will have to account for more detailed textures & advanced graphics. It's not a 1:1 comparison.