PDA

View Full Version : Lakers and Bucks are both on pace for 71 wins.

Kblaze8855
12-11-2019, 06:49 AM
Heat(62), Celtics(63), Clippers(59), and 76ers(59) the rest of the potential 60 win club.

Someone on there gonna fall off?.

All of you are prepared to admit you didnt have the Heat or Celtics anywhere near this good im sure....but they play the kinda game that doesnt tend to just go away. Those are chemistry teams not straight firepower teams.

Just thought some acknowledgment was earned.

We arent that early anymore. This really could last.

elementally morale
12-11-2019, 06:59 AM
Teams that surprised me this year:

Lakers (very good, very soon, mainly the latter)
Heat (much better than I thought)
Mavs (it's mainly due to Luka but still... much better than I thought)
Nuggets (worse)
Jazz (worse)
Suns (more exciting)

As for 70 wins? I don't think so. Both the Lakers and Bucks will be in the 65-70 range and expect the 76ers and the clippers to become 60+.

Jingo
12-11-2019, 02:10 PM
Both teams will rest their stars in the later stages so neither is hitting 70.

MaxPlayer
12-11-2019, 02:13 PM

Nuggets (worse)
Jazz (worse)
Suns (more exciting)

As for 70 wins? I don't think so. Both the Lakers and Bucks will be in the 65-70 range and expect the 76ers and the clippers to become 60+.

I'm surprised the Blazers have fallen off like they did.

PickernRoller
12-11-2019, 02:34 PM

Nuggets (worse)
Jazz (worse)
Suns (more exciting)

More or less my take as well.

Shogon
12-11-2019, 02:48 PM
Heat will fall off.

Celtics have surprised me because of the loss of Horford. I thought their dropoff would be pronounced because of his absence, and trolls would attribute it to Kyrie. Luckily, the Kyrie narrative has now and forever completely died on the vine this year as the Nets have undoubtedly, indisputably proved to be better without him.

76ers probably won't get to 60.

Clippers probably DO get to 60 even with Kawhi coasting.

Lakers and Bucks should get to 60. I'd be surprised if the Lakers win 70 games, the Bucks I'd put it at 50/50... all it takes is a key injury on either team and that drops from almost 70 wins to 55 at best.

fourkicks44
12-11-2019, 03:45 PM
Both teams will rest their stars in the later stages so neither is hitting 70.

Hmm seems logical but that top seed in the East is going to be so valuable.

It is all going to depend how close the race is in May.

pegasus
12-11-2019, 03:52 PM
Heat will fall off.

Celtics have surprised me because of the loss of Horford. I thought their dropoff would be pronounced because of his absence, and trolls would attribute it to Kyrie. Luckily, the Kyrie narrative has now and forever completely died on the vine this year as the Nets have undoubtedly, indisputably proved to be better without him.

76ers probably won't get to 60.

Clippers probably DO get to 60 even with Kawhi coasting.

Lakers and Bucks should get to 60. I'd be surprised if the Lakers win 70 games, the Bucks I'd put it at 50/50... all it takes is a key injury on either team and that drops from almost 70 wins to 55 at best.
Who on the Bucks other than the Freak? They already played several games without Middleton and didn't miss a beat.

3ball
12-11-2019, 06:32 PM
Heat(62), Celtics(63), Clippers(59), and 76ers(59) the rest of the potential 60 win club.

Someone on there gonna fall off?.

All of you are prepared to admit you didnt have the Heat or Celtics anywhere near this good im sure....but they play the kinda game that doesnt tend to just go away. Those are chemistry teams not straight firepower teams.

Just thought some acknowledgment was earned.

We arent that early anymore. This really could last.
This proves that Lebron-ball prevents 70-win juggernauts, and his teams are only capable of a 70-win juggernaut if Lebron is NOT the biggest producer..

Carry on

329 Services
12-12-2019, 12:12 AM
They will have some bad streaks going.

Gil Renard
12-12-2019, 12:17 AM
This proves that Lebron-ball prevents 70-win juggernauts, and his teams are only capable of a 70-win juggernaut if Lebron is NOT the biggest producer..

Carry on

Lebron-ball beat a 70 win juggernaut, something Jordan never did.

Rico2016
12-12-2019, 12:20 AM

Carry on

Only two teams have ever won 70 games regardless of any fairy tale criteria so if you're using that benchmark to signify greatness then wouldnt that mean LeBron beat the greatest team in league history? I have Jordan as #1 but be thoughtful with your replies, LeBron is gaining ground each and every game.

Walk on Water
12-12-2019, 12:49 AM
Lebron-ball beat a 70 win juggernaut, something Jordan never did.

Jordan was too busy being the 70 win team and winning, idiot.

Gil Renard
12-12-2019, 12:54 AM
Jordan was too busy being the 70 win team and winning, idiot.

Jordan did that in the weakest era since the 70

tanibanana
12-12-2019, 09:42 AM
Would be one heck of a story line if a Finals will be set for two 70+ win teams...
But Clippers and 76ers seems the biggest challenge for Lakers/Bucks.

sammichoffate
12-12-2019, 10:13 AM
https://streamable.com/jqt5h

sbw19
12-12-2019, 10:13 AM
Injuries. Schedule. Trades. Burnout. Lockerroom issues. Obstacles need only time to invariably slow them down. Factor I like least has been rising number of fodder teams.

HylianNightmare
12-12-2019, 10:29 AM
Load management