PDA

View Full Version : AD with another MVP performance...

stalkerforlife
12-13-2019, 10:43 PM
:biggums: :bowdown:

Imagine LA without AD.

I bet they'd miss the playoffs.

Shogon
12-13-2019, 10:43 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEjHCWdU7F4hkcudy/giphy.gif

stalkerforlife
12-13-2019, 10:45 PM

But who has stopped him?

AD is on a mission.

DPOY and MVP.

Shogon
12-13-2019, 10:45 PM
But who has stopped him?

AD is on a mission.

DPOY and MVP.

He's definitely DPOY... he's not MVP.

He's the best individual on the Lakers by far but LeBron is their MVP.

As far as MVP of the league goes? Easily Harden or Giannis.

NBAGOAT
12-13-2019, 10:46 PM
no problem with talking up ad over lebron as the best player but i dont think he's got a decent chance at mvp. too many candidates this year

Shogon
12-13-2019, 10:47 PM
no problem with talking up ad over lebron as the best player but i dont think he's got a decent chance at mvp. too many candidates this year

It's going to be Giannis again unless he gets injured, that's pretty much completely obvious.

ImKobe
12-13-2019, 10:48 PM
Best player in the league.

warriorfan
12-13-2019, 10:49 PM

Who? AD?

Shogon
12-13-2019, 10:50 PM
Who? AD?

:no: :no:

StrongLurk
12-13-2019, 10:51 PM
He's definitely DPOY... he's not MVP.

He's the best individual on the Lakers by far but LeBron is their MVP.

As far as MVP of the league goes? Easily Harden or Giannis.

Nice exaggeration.

AD is slightly better than Lebron as an individual talent at this point...but the Lakers team runs better with Lebron than it does with just AD.

They both sync with each other so much though that it doesn't matter who's "best".

It's kind of like Durant and Curry on the same team. Both clearly 1a players.

Shogon
12-13-2019, 10:52 PM
Nice exaggeration.

AD is slightly better than Lebron as an individual talent at this point...but the Lakers team runs better with Lebron than it does with just AD.

No... AD is clearly significantly better as an individual player. AD's individual and team defense is worlds better and he's a more reliable iso scorer than LeBron and it's not close.

LeBron is significantly better at getting others involved, which is not something I'm talking about when I say "as an individual."

AD is a way better individual. LeBron is a way better team player. LeBron is more valuable to the Lakers success but AD is a better player. They're both needed to have any prayer at winning anything.

warriorfan
12-13-2019, 10:54 PM
Nice exaggeration.

They both sync with each other so much though that it doesn't matter who's "best".

It's kind of like Durant and Curry on the same team. Both clearly 1a players.

LeBron is the floor raiser

AD is the ceiling raiser

SouBeachTalents
12-13-2019, 10:55 PM
LeBron has OP so shook that he's now reversing on all of his previously held beliefs. After a half a decade of being anti numbers & media awards, he now praises Ingraham & Love's stats on terrible teams, and suddenly cares about the MVP :oldlol: Shameless

Shogon
12-13-2019, 10:56 PM
LeBron is the floor raiser

AD is the ceiling raiser

Fair enough. I like that. As I said in another thread... if I don't know a roster this year, give me AD in a heartbeat. For this Lakers squad for this one year? Give me LeBron.

If the Lakers lose either, they are well and truly ****ed, however.

StrongLurk
12-13-2019, 10:57 PM
No... AD is clearly significantly better as an individual player. AD's individual and team defense is worlds better and he's a more reliable iso scorer than LeBron and it's not close.

LeBron is significantly better at getting others involved, which is not something I'm talking about when I say "as an individual."

AD is a way better individual. LeBron is a way better team player. LeBron is more valuable to the Lakers success but AD is a better player. They're both needed to have any prayer at winning anything.

No worries man, we will just have to disagree with this one. I get the point you are making, it's just highly exaggerated.

lilteapot
12-13-2019, 10:57 PM
I agree with OP. AD is the MVP for the Lakers so far. Lebron is obviously extremely important and they dont have this record without him but they've won lots of games just based on clutch plays AD's made on either end of the court. AD is the difference maker.

warriorfan
12-13-2019, 11:00 PM
Fair enough. I like that. As I said in another thread... if I don't know a roster this year, give me AD in a heartbeat. For this Lakers squad for this one year? Give me LeBron.

If the Lakers lose either, they are well and truly ****ed, however.

For sure

But If you have no idea who the team is... then you should maybe go with the floor raiser.

If you have an idea of who’s gonna be on the team and it’s a contender, you probably want someone to break through the ceiling.

However there are certain personnel matchups where even on a contender you would still choose LeBron over AD. Talent is so important in the NBA but even then you still can’t neglect proper fit and team make up.

Shogon
12-13-2019, 11:02 PM
For sure

But If you have no idea who the team is... then you should maybe go with the floor raiser.

If you have an idea of who’s gonna be on the team and it’s a contender, you probably want someone to break through the ceiling.

However there are certain personnel matchups where even on a contender you would still choose LeBron over AD. Talent is so important in the NBA but even then you still can’t neglect proper fit and team make up.

Nope, you can't... and it's a real shame in a certain way that AD and LeBron weren't born at the same time and playing together because they fit together as well as any duo I've seen in the past 10 years besides arguably Steph and Klay.

warriorfan
12-13-2019, 11:04 PM
Nope, you can't... and it's a real shame in a certain way that AD and LeBron weren't born at the same time and playing together because they fit together as well as any duo I've seen in the past 10 years besides arguably Steph and Klay.

Damn. Prime Bron and AD would be really insane.

stalkerforlife
12-13-2019, 11:19 PM
Bran is the MVP of LA and yet it's been proven he can't make the playoffs without AD in the west.

Loooool.

They know no low.

Shogon
12-13-2019, 11:29 PM
Bran is the MVP of LA and yet it's been proven he can't make the playoffs without AD in the west.

Loooool.

They know no low.

Team is different. LeBron plays better with vets than youngins. Look at New Orleans.

LeBron "can't make the playoffs out West" despite the fact that New Orleans is 14th in their conference and close to the bottom of the league and Kuzma has missed a huge stretch of games in their absence lol.

Basically all 4 of the Lakers major pieces besides LeBron from last year are gone or not playing and the Lakers have now skyrocketed. "Can't make the playoffs out West doe." :roll:

StrongLurk
12-13-2019, 11:33 PM
Team is different. LeBron plays better with vets than youngins. Look at New Orleans.

LeBron "can't make the playoffs out West" despite the fact that New Orleans is 14th in their conference and close to the bottom of the league and Kuzma has missed a huge stretch of games in their absence lol.

Basically all 4 of the Lakers major pieces besides LeBron from last year are gone or not playing and the Lakers have now skyrocketed. "Can't make the playoffs out West doe." :roll:

Great point, I said the same thing about all of those players being very injury prone. That on top of Lebron missing a bunch of games was too much for a mediocre team.

AussieSteve
12-13-2019, 11:36 PM

Loooool.

They know no low.

Giannis sat out the end of the 3rd tonight and started the 4th. Was he stat padding against bench players?

NBASTATMAN
12-13-2019, 11:43 PM
Lebron has the OP shook.. This STALKER guy is miserable cuz Lebron at 35 with close to 60 k minutes and with his athleticism fading is still playing GOAT LEVEL BALL... :roll: :banana: :hammertime: :djparty :party:

stalkerforlife
12-13-2019, 11:55 PM

Didn't make the playoffs in the west without AD.

Fact.

Nice try.

stalkerforlife
12-13-2019, 11:57 PM
Lebron has the OP shook.. This STALKER guy is miserable cuz Lebron at 35 with close to 60 k minutes and with his athleticism fading is still playing GOAT LEVEL BALL... :roll: :banana: :hammertime: :djparty :party:

Missed the playoffs without AD.

No matter what you say, this is the fact.

"Bran can turn any team into a contender."

Oops, time to move the goalposts.

AlternativeAcc.
12-13-2019, 11:57 PM

Jrue Holiday is a legit all-star too

The cancer of Ingram + exLakers scrubs is IMMENSE

LeBron had those scrubs in the 4th seed before his career threatening groin injury! :eek:

egokiller
12-14-2019, 12:26 AM
Can Lebron win a chip without the moral support of James Jones in his corner though? Analysts were saying that no one in Lakers locker room can fill that void and be LeBron's "rock" the way James Jones did. JJ always provided a shoulder for him to cry on.

Duncan21formvp
12-14-2019, 12:27 AM
:biggums: :bowdown:

Imagine LA without AD.

I bet they'd miss the playoffs.
Agreed just like last year. AD has won them 20 games this year.

red1
12-14-2019, 12:27 AM
AD is the shit.

he's excellent.

stalkerforlife
12-14-2019, 12:35 AM
A thread giving AD love and the Bransvestites lose their minds and make it all about Bran.

So pathetic.

ShawkFactory
12-14-2019, 12:36 AM
A thread giving AD love and the Bransvestites lose their minds and make it all about Bran.

So pathetic.
What’s brans place on the team?

red1
12-14-2019, 12:36 AM

So pathetic.
bro you're like the whiniest guy here.

you complain about lebron even when he's losing games - of course you'd be salty when he has the best record in the league :roll: :roll:

egokiller
12-14-2019, 12:37 AM

So pathetic.

:roll:

stalkerforlife
12-14-2019, 12:39 AM
bro you're like the whiniest guy here.

you complain about lebron even when he's losing games - of course you'd be salty when he has the best record in the league :roll: :roll:

This thread is about Anthony Davis.

Thanks.

red1
12-14-2019, 12:40 AM
This thread is about Anthony Davis.

Thanks.
:oldlol:

stalkerforlife
12-14-2019, 12:41 AM
What’s brans place on the team?

Game manager.

Like a Trent Dilfer when he won a Superbowl.

LA is elite defensively everywhere just like the Ravens were.

AD carries them offensively.

All Bran has to do is not choke and f uck it up.

ShawkFactory
12-14-2019, 01:17 AM
Game manager.

Like a Trent Dilfer when he won a Superbowl.

LA is elite defensively everywhere just like the Ravens were.

AD carries them offensively.

All Bran has to do is not choke and f uck it up.
Youz iz special

SATAN
05-23-2023, 02:31 AM
Could have used another one from the big guy in this series...