PDA

View Full Version : I might want Harden to win the CHIP this year

StrongLurk
12-13-2019, 10:49 PM
Well, I really don't since I don't like Harden...but I'm almost feeling about him the way I felt about Kobe after Shaq but before Pau.

It was so annoying people ragging on Kobe because he hadn't won a chip without Shaq...but he was still clearly the best player in the league 06-08. I was rooting for him so hard in the 08 and 09 finals to win and shut retards the f up.

If Harden wasn't such a foul baiter, I'd feel the same way.

But regardless, Harden has been the best player since last year.

People can keep denying, it won't stop him from averaging close to 40ppg.

NBAGOAT
12-13-2019, 10:51 PM
Well, I really don't since I don't like Harden...but I'm almost feeling about him the way I felt about Kobe after Shaq but before Pau.

It was so annoying people ragging on Kobe because he hadn't won a chip without Shaq...but he was still clearly the best player in the league 06-08. I was rooting for him so hard in the 08 and 09 finals to win and shut retards the f up.

i agree the ragging on him is annoying. Yea he sees a playoff decline, so do most guys. Also he's never had the most talented team in the league even though his teams have been very good some years

LoneyROY7
12-13-2019, 10:52 PM
Nah. I want all the hate.

Keep hating. Keep that same energy.

StrongLurk
12-13-2019, 10:53 PM
i agree the ragging on him is annoying. Yea he sees a playoff decline, so do most guys. Also he's never had the most talented team in the league even though his teams have been very good some years

Yeah, I've been saying...when exactly was Harden supposed to win a chip?

Maybe 2014/2015 season?

He might have his best chance this year.

NBAGOAT
12-13-2019, 10:56 PM

Maybe 2014/2015 season?

it was 2018, maybe 2019(doubt they beat the raps who were better). besides a few end of game gaffes, he actually was really good in 2019 playoffs however but losing a game to gs without kd was terrible reputation wise. Ofc we figured out later that team was really good but it was too late for harden

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-13-2019, 10:56 PM

Maybe 2014/2015 season?

He clearly missed an opportunity last year. At least making it to the finals.

Two winnable games vs Golden State. And both with Durant not playing.

SouBeachTalents
12-13-2019, 10:58 PM

Maybe 2014/2015 season?

It's not even about winning a title to me. He has never come through, or even played that well, in a game or series of significance in his entire career

StrongLurk
12-13-2019, 11:01 PM
Harden was EXCELLENT in the last two games of the Warriors/Rockets series last year.

Why are people so bad at remembering Harden last year?

Saying "he lost, so it doesn't matter how well he played" instantly revokes your basketball credibility.

Harden put up 35/7/5.5 with 2.2 steals against the Warriors on very good efficiency over 6 games.

Every game the Rockets lost were by less than 6 points.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-13-2019, 11:04 PM
Harden was EXCELLENT in the last two games of the Warriors/Rockets series last year.

Saying "he lost, so it doesn't matter how well he played" instantly revokes your basketball credibility.

Harden was NOT "excellent" in those last two games.

Stop reaching.

In that last game, for example, he had 5 turnovers in the 4th quarter and 4 of them in the final 2 minutes. Also missed more shots than he made in that quarter.

DMAVS41
12-13-2019, 11:06 PM
Stop saying he's clearly the best player when it is perfectly reasonable to take a few guys over him.

It is annoying.

And, yes, he gets too much hate as he's an all-time great player by any standard.

StrongLurk
12-13-2019, 11:07 PM
He was NOT "excellent" in those last two games.

Stop reaching.

In that last game, for example, he had 5 turnovers in the 4th quarter and 4 of them in the final 2 minutes. He also missed more shots than he made in that quarter.

Read the rest of my post.

Also Harden put up 33/6/6.5 with 4 steals the last two games on 65.1 TS%

That's MJ-esque.

You nitpick one quarter (I get it), which only highlights how crazy he was in the 7 other quarters.

We have had the "best player in the league" play WAY worse series than Harden did against the Warriors. Kobe, Durant, Curry, Lebron ALL have had plenty of series worse than Harden's,

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-13-2019, 11:08 PM
Harden was NOT "excellent" in those last two games.

Stop reaching.

In that last game, for example, he had 5 turnovers in the 4th quarter and 4 of them in the final 2 minutes. Also missed more shots than he made in that quarter.

The last part is actually not true. My fault.

But the point still stands.

Harden shot 44% in game 6. And arguably choked that game away with his awful turnovers. If you think he was "excellent in both those games" you have low standards.

StrongLurk
12-13-2019, 11:09 PM
Stop saying he's clearly the best player when it is perfectly reasonable to take a few guys over him.

It is annoying.

And, yes, he gets too much hate as he's an all-time great player by any standard.

No matter what you say, it doesn't stop Harden from averaging almost 40ppg over the last 120 games.

You can deny it, but it won't stop reality.

SouBeachTalents
12-13-2019, 11:10 PM

Game 5, Durant goes out, with a chance to take a 3-2 lead back to Houston, Harden takes TWO shots in the final 9 minutes, his only basket being a lay up down 2 scores in the final 20 seconds of the game. Scores 50 with ease in the regular season, couldn't score when it remotely mattered

And then Game 6, at home, Curry goes scoreless in the first half, CP3 has his best game of the playoffs, and once again he's a complete non factor down the stretch of the 4th, his only buckets in the final 6 minutes being down 2-3 scores with several turnovers

StrongLurk
12-13-2019, 11:11 PM
The last part is actually not true. My fault.

But the point still stands.

Harden shot 44% in game 6. And arguably choked that game away with his awful turnovers. If you think he was "excellent in both those games" you have low standards.

Lol at trying to use fg% for a guy like Harden who takes tons of threes a game.

Use EFG% and TS%

Harden put up 33/6/6.5 with 4 steals the last two games on 65.1 TS%/ 62.2 EFG% which are both elite percentages.

That's MJ-esque.

You nitpick one quarter (I get it), which only highlights how crazy he was in the 7 other quarters.

We have had the "best player in the league" play WAY worse series than Harden did against the Warriors. Kobe, Durant, Curry, Lebron ALL have had plenty of series worse than Harden's,

DMAVS41
12-13-2019, 11:13 PM
No matter what you say, it doesn't stop Harden from averaging almost 40ppg over the last 120 games.

You can deny it, but it won't stop reality.

Deny what? Nobody is denying anything.

This is your problem. You actually think it is "denying reality" for me to say I'd rather have Lebron/Leonard/Giannis over him in the playoffs.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-13-2019, 11:20 PM
Lol at trying to use fg% for a guy like Harden who takes tons of threes a game.
Use EFG% and TS%

Harden put up 33/6/6.5 with 4 steals the last two games on 65.1 TS%/ 62.2 EFG% which are both elite percentages.

That's MJ-esque.

What a joke :oldlol: You dont "nitpick" a playoff series, let alone 2 critical games Houston was favored in.

Just imagine all of that...with the other teams best scorer not playing,

Nobody is denying Harden is great. Quit calling him MJ esque though. He isn't. And no, once again, those two games weren't excellent by any measure. I didn't even mention that Harden shot 50% from the FT line. But hey, good call on "TS%!" bro.

StrongLurk
12-13-2019, 11:27 PM
I just realized.

Harden is a real life min/max player.

If anyone has played video games you know what I mean.

Based his skills around the absolute most valuable EV especially for the current NBA.

GOAT Spammer.

NBAGOAT
12-13-2019, 11:27 PM
it's easy to bet against harden but you think variance would be on his side one year. If he actually somehow has a series he shoots 40%+ from 3 and westbrook isnt awful, then yes hou can even upset the la teams.

NBAGOAT
12-13-2019, 11:28 PM
I just realized.

Harden is a real life min/max player.

If anyone has played video games you know what I mean.

Based his skills around the absolute most valuable EV especially for the current NBA.

GOAT Spammer.

yea there's a reason people make a lot of 2k jokes with him. I agree about the EV.

StrongLurk
12-13-2019, 11:29 PM
What a joke :oldlol: You dont "nitpick" a playoff series, let alone 2 critical games Houston was favored in.

Just imagine all of that...with the other teams best scorer not playing,

Nobody is denying Harden is great. Quit calling him MJ esque though. He isn't. And no, once again, those two games weren't excellent by any measure. I didn't even mention that Harden shot 50% from the FT line. But hey, good call on "TS%!" bro.

You realize 62 EFG is actually better than prime Shaq right? That 65.1% TS is elite?

I just don't even understand the standard we are holding Harden.

We have had players like Kobe, Durant and Lebron all play worse series as "The best player in the league" than Harden did last year against the Warriors.

Everyones bias is so obvious when they are literally ignoring all the good Harden did and hyper focusing on the way shorter amount of time that he payed poorly.

StrongLurk
12-13-2019, 11:30 PM
Deny what? Nobody is denying anything.

This is your problem. You actually think it is "denying reality" for me to say I'd rather have Lebron/Leonard/Giannis over him in the playoffs.

Giannis? LOL what?

What has Giannis done compared to Harden in the playoffs?

Also Kawhi in Harden's spot last year wouldn't do any better. In fact, he'd be at risk of not maing the playoffs cause he only played 60 games compared to Harden's 78.

Lebron? Maybe.

DMAVS41
12-13-2019, 11:35 PM
Giannis? LOL what?

What he Giannis done compared to Harden in the playoffs?

Also Kawhi's in Harden's spot last year wouldn't do any better. In fact, he'd be at risk of not maing the playoffs cause he only played 60 games compared to Harden's 78.

Lebron? Maybe.

I can turn around and say your line;

You can deny that Giannis is putting up like 30/13/6 64% TS while being on the short list of best defensive player in the league the last 2 years, but it doesn't change reality.

And, yes, give me that over Harden in a playoff series.

You read that and think someone is "hating" on Harden...saying he might be the 4th best player in the league right now with Durant/Curry out...and freak out...because you are delusional.

And it has nothing to do with Harden not being great...I'd have to think more, but only a few players in NBA history should ever be thought of as "clearly better" than current Giannis...

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-13-2019, 11:37 PM
You realize 62 EFG is actually better than prime Shaq right? That 65.1% TS is elite?

Are you reading posts or just regurgitating your thoughts?

If you value context or have ANY sort of perspective...you'd know asking "What more could Harden have done?" is idiotic.

He could've done a lot more.

So again, I don't care what his averages were in the series. I'm not saying he was bad overall. Or that he was 100% to blame.

What I do know? That when the series was tied a piece, and with Durant going down to injury, Harden folded. Like he's done basically every postseason.

StrongLurk
12-13-2019, 11:37 PM
I can turn around and say your line;

You can deny that Giannis is putting up like 30/13/6 64% TS while being on the short list of best defensive player in the league the last 2 years, but it doesn't change reality.

And, yes, give me that over Harden in a playoff series.

You read that and think someone is "hating" on Harden...saying he might be the 4th best player in the league right now with Durant/Curry out...and freak out...because you are delusional.

And it has nothing to do with Harden not being great...I'd have to think more, but only a few players in NBA history should ever be thought of as "clearly better" than current Giannis...

Even if you said Giannis and Harden were equal in the reg season last year, Harden was better than Giannis in the playoffs last year.

Where did you rank Kobe in 2006 and 2007?

DMAVS41
12-13-2019, 11:39 PM

I don't know...top 3..

Definitely not "clearly" the best player...wouldn't argue much if someone said it was close, but Kobe was the best.

But clearly the best player? Nah...

NBAGOAT
12-13-2019, 11:40 PM

If you value context or have ANY sort of perspective...you'd know asking "What more could Harden have done?" is idiotic.

So again, I don't care what his averages were in the series. I'm not saying he was bad overall. Or that he was 100% to blame.

What I do know? That when the series was tied a piece, and with Durant going down to injury, Harden folded. Like he's done basically every postseason.

he had some to's and missed fts game 6 granted. game 5 pretty sure there's been film analysis done and it verified he was heavily doubled and was making the right passes in the 4th. cp3 was great game 6, i hate to admit he wasnt very good help in game 5 however.

It's also just a little unfortunate a lot of guys have folded at the end of games but their team survived anyway. It does sound bad that durant was out but we found out later that team was even capable of being competitive with the raptors(who were a better team than hou even just talent wise)

StrongLurk
12-13-2019, 11:40 PM
I don't know...top 3..

Definitely not "clearly" the best player...wouldn't argue much if someone said it was close, but Kobe was the best.

But clearly the best player? Nah...

Okay, this helps me out a lot in seeing your consistency. Thanks.

We mostly agree on the rest of basketball discussions on ISH.

DMAVS41
12-13-2019, 11:42 PM
Even if you said Giannis and Harden were equal in the reg season last year, Harden was better than Giannis in the playoffs last year.

Again, nobody with a brain is watching these games and coming away thinking that only idiots would take Giannis over Harden....or vice versa. Which is what you are implying with your "clearly the best player" line...

It just isn't happening for people that aren't fans of one of the players.

As for Giannis, he's got the damn Bucks on a 70 win pace while producing historically on both ends of the court. I mean...it is hard for anyone to be "clearly" better than that.

StrongLurk
12-13-2019, 11:43 PM

Literally any player ever could do more at all times. Harden can still be the best player in the league and not play perfect.

Also, Harden DIDN'T fold...he played two great games and lost close games.

How is 33/6/6.5 with 4 steals on great efficiency FOLDING???

If this is what you believe, then you are holding Harden to top 10 all-time standards which is actually complementing him anyways.

MrFonzworth
12-13-2019, 11:43 PM
Why did you capitalize CHIP? Do you have a learning disability?

StrongLurk
12-13-2019, 11:44 PM
Also, Harden VASTLY outplayed Curry in last years series.

35/7/5.5 and 2.2 steals vs 24/5/5 and 1 steal.

DMAVS41
12-13-2019, 11:45 PM
Literally any player ever could do more at all times. Harden can still be the best player in the league and not play perfect.

How is 33/6/6.5 with 4 steals on great efficiency FOLDING???

If this is what you believe, then you are holding Harden to top 10 all-time standards which is actually complementing him anyways.

He's holding him to your standards, I'd imagine.

If he's clearly better than Giannis/Leonard/Lebron...then he better be playing at top 10 of all-time level...because that is what it would take to be "clearly" better.

And, honestly...that might not even do it.

StrongLurk
12-13-2019, 11:47 PM

You won't get a response from ME

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-13-2019, 11:57 PM

He didn't play "two great games" though.

But even if you wanted to call Game 5 "great"? Harden went the entire 4th quarter attempting just 2 field goals. 2 field goals in a playoff game where Durant didn't participate. One of the two field goals...being a layup when the game was all but over.

Game 6 is what it is. A game nobody in reality would call "excellent".

Keep parroting x/y/z though. If you ignore the meat and potatoes they're just numbers.

You're claiming Harden would've been perfect...by not being a turnover junky. By making more than 50% of his freethrows. And by making more shots than he missed.

Like I said... You have low ass standards for someone allegedly "MJ-esque".

SouBeachTalents
12-14-2019, 12:06 AM
He didn't play "two great games" though.

But even if you wanted to call Game 5 "great"? Harden went the entire 4th quarter attempting just 2 field goals. 2 field goals in a playoff game where Durant didn't participate. One of the two field goals...being a layup when the game was all but over.

Game 6 is what it is. A game nobody in reality would call "excellent".

Keep parroting x/y/z though. If you ignore the meat and potatoes they're just numbers.

You're claiming Harden would've been perfect...by not being a turnover junky. By making more than 50% of his freethrows. And by making more shots than he missed.

Like I said... You have low ass standards for someone allegedly "MJ-esque".
The thing he doesn't understand either, Harden has absolutely NO notable playoff moments to fall back on. Nothing he can point back to as proof that it was a fluke or uncommon. After over a decade in the league, the best he can come up with to defend his playoff status are two losses in the 2nd round to a team who lost a top 5 player :oldlol:

And sadly, that probably was the best Harden's played in the playoffs. He's usually been either mediocre or awful every playoff series or game of significance

stalkerforlife
12-14-2019, 12:07 AM

:lol

LoneyROY7
12-14-2019, 12:10 AM
SouBeach VISIBLY SHOOK that Harden is better than Wade ever was.

:lol :lol

It's okay, man. Breathe.

red1
12-14-2019, 12:11 AM
hell nah.

good thing it wont happen. lebron or kawhi FMVP this year for sure.

SouBeachTalents
12-14-2019, 12:12 AM

It's okay, man. Breathe.
Wade was better in the playoffs by his 2nd year than Harden's ever been :lol

red1
12-14-2019, 12:12 AM

It's okay, man. Breathe.
LOOOOOOOOOL

LoneyROY7
12-14-2019, 12:13 AM
Wade was better in the playoffs by his 2nd year than Harden's ever been :lol

You mean when Wade received the kind of whistle in the playoffs that Harden can only dream about?

:oldlol: :oldlol:

egokiller
12-14-2019, 12:38 AM
No Harden or Westbrook lead team will ever win a finals.

red1
12-14-2019, 12:39 AM
No Harden or Westbrook lead team will ever win a finals.
holy shit you made ANOTHER post that didn't make me vomit :eek: :oldlol:

LoneyROY7
12-14-2019, 12:43 AM
Yo yo yo, it's your boy egokiller here!

What a f*cking cringey loser. :lol :lol

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-14-2019, 12:44 AM
its not happening with Westbrick

imdaman99
12-14-2019, 01:22 AM
I really want him to win a ring this year. I didn't always want this but this year I do :banana:

red1
12-14-2019, 01:23 AM
harden doesn't even want it. when he sees kawhi or lebron on the other side he'll just give them the ring.

imdaman99
12-14-2019, 01:25 AM
harden doesn't even want it. when he sees kawhi or lebron on the other side he'll just give them the ring.
Brother red, just let him get a ring this year. He has strived hard over the years. Plus he has welcomed Russbrook into his arms, when no one else wanted him. Let it be.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-14-2019, 01:27 AM
The thing he doesn't understand either, Harden has absolutely NO notable playoff moments to fall back on. Nothing he can point back to as proof that it was a fluke or uncommon. After over a decade in the league, the best he can come up with to defend his playoff status are two losses in the 2nd round to a team who lost a top 5 player :oldlol:

And sadly, that probably was the best Harden's played in the playoffs. He's usually been either mediocre or awful every playoff series or game of significance

Harden's got some really good playoff games. And last year OVERALL improved.

You make a good point though.

Harden will have to play like some of those legends guy name dropped. And not meltdown when series are on the line.

I'm cool with the regular-season adoration. For real. Crown his ass all you want. Harden is one of the best regular-season players of all time. When the playoffs hit though? And these same people want to compare Harden with...playoff Jordan? Or even playoff Bron? Two behemoths that catapulted franchises and have the W's to back it up. Those guys? I'm saying have a bit of self-awareness. Study the games history. And let go of that Kung Fu grip you have on box scores.

red1
12-14-2019, 01:28 AM
Brother red, just let him get a ring this year. He has strived hard over the years. Plus he has welcomed Russbrook into his arms, when no one else wanted him. Let it be.
brother imdaman. you know I have the utmost love for you (mashallah).

I absolutely would feel sick if I saw harden win an undeserved ring. would feel SICK.

brother GOATbrook certainly deserves one but I feel he is now cursed by harden.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-14-2019, 01:29 AM
I really want him to win a ring this year. I didn't always want this but this year I do :banana:

Chuckbrick will never have a ring babyboi:no: :applause:

best chance is an 06 Gary Payton type ring off the bench as the 8th man

ImKobe
12-14-2019, 01:40 AM

Kobe didn't have a team nearly as great as some of these Rockets teams Harden's played on. Harden has had stacked rosters and has never come close to winning a championship. The one time he did make the finals he thought it was better to party in Miami before Finals games... the guy has no heart when it comes to winning. He doesn't care and he doesn't deserve to win a championship.

Smoke117
12-14-2019, 01:42 AM
Meltdown. :roll: