PDA

View Full Version : Pippen said he would average 40 if playing for today's Rockets

Marchesk
12-14-2019, 02:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sbj3zCX2p4

3Ball, any thoughts on that?

This is getting a bit ridiculous. Sure, stats are inflated over the past 5 years. Jordan, Kobe, or other elite scorers could do it, but Pippen was not an elite scorer like Harden is.

3ball
12-14-2019, 02:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sbj3zCX2p4

3Ball, any thoughts on that?

This is getting a bit ridiculous. Sure, stats are inflated over the past 5 years. Jordan, Kobe, or other elite scorers could do it, but Pippen was not an elite scorer like Harden is.
I think he's looking at the open paint on every play and thinking how different it looked back when he played

it is a totally different game and it looks way easier

pippen couldn't get 40, but maybe 27-28 which seems ridiculous for pippen

Marchesk
12-14-2019, 02:37 PM
I think he's looking at the open paint on every play and thinking how different it looked back when he played

People over on r/nba are calling Harden the greatest scorer ever because he's close to 40 now, even though he's green-lighted to shoot 20+threes any game he wants.

ShawkFactory
12-14-2019, 02:39 PM

What a way to phenagle your narrative when it

Proctor
12-14-2019, 02:41 PM
People over on r/nba are calling Harden the greatest scorer ever because he's close to 40 now, even though he's green-lighted to shoot 20+threes any game he wants.
That's why they're over there and not actually functioning members of society.

Manny98
12-14-2019, 02:54 PM

Pippen would better than AD if he played today :eek:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-14-2019, 03:08 PM
Windhorst is a blowhard.

The topic is whether they're impressed with Harden's 55. He was. Pippen wasn't. So he asks how many points Pippen would average today. Pip says 40 which is to be expected.

What's funny though is when the host mentions THAT ADJUSTED FOR PACE, Kobe had the #1 scoring season of all time. Windhorst shrugs it off. Says handchecking was removed, and everyone got freethrows then.

Right.

Like that's not going on today...coupled with a splash of 'freedom of movement' :oldlol:

superduper
12-14-2019, 03:11 PM
Windhorst is a blowhard.

The topic is whether they're impressed with Harden's 55. He was. Pippen wasn't. So he asks how many points Pippen would average today. Pip says 40 which is to be expected.

What's funny though is when the host mentions THAT ADJUSTED FOR PACE, Kobe had the #1 scoring season of all time. Windhorst shrugs it off. Says handchecking was removed, and everyone got freethrows then.

Right.

Like that's not going on today...coupled with a splash of 'freedom of movement' :oldlol:

These are the people that vote for the prestegious and highly coveted awards like MVP :facepalm

MaxPlayer
12-14-2019, 03:11 PM
Pippen would better than AD if he played today :eek:

About 20 guys from the 90's would be.

Just crack open a Crystal Pepsi and put John Tesh's Heart of a Champion on loop and TELL me I'm wrong.

Mr Feeny
12-14-2019, 03:12 PM
Windhorst is a blowhard.

Right.

Harden and Kobe both played without handchecking and Harden is a much better scorer.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-14-2019, 03:15 PM
Harden and Kobe both played without handchecking and Harden is a much better scorer.

Harden also plays with 'Freedom of Movment', and for a team with a higher pace. Not Adjusted.

Whether he is better? I don't care. My point was Windhorst acting like Kobe benefits from something Harden doesn't...and more.

Marchesk
12-14-2019, 03:16 PM

Come on bro. Nobody is a "much better" scorer than Kobe. Not Mike, not Wilt, not Curry and not Harden.

Kobe was an elite scorer. One of the best all-time. Not the best, but up there.

Ainosterhaspie
12-14-2019, 03:22 PM

Oops. Brandon "Better Than Pippen" Ingram only averaging 25.

Gil Renard
12-14-2019, 03:30 PM
:eek:

Jordan

AlternativeAcc.
12-14-2019, 03:39 PM
Because unlike Jordan he can actually make 3s

And hes a much better ball handler and passer than MJ too, which puts a different level of stress on the defense

Harden > jordan offensively, it's not close

RRR3
12-14-2019, 03:41 PM
Windhorst is a blowhard.

Right.

That’s not even true doe. Harden had the highest scoring season adjusted for pace.

Marchesk
12-14-2019, 03:46 PM
Harden > jordan offensively, it's not close

You don't really believe this. There are 14 year olds on Reddit who do, but what do they know about Jordan?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-14-2019, 03:52 PM
That’s not even true doe. Harden had the highest scoring season adjusted for pace.

The host didn't say that though.

Not only that, I don't know if he means HIGHER or what. Its just "#1" adjusted for pace.

AlternativeAcc.
12-14-2019, 03:53 PM
You don't really believe this. There are 14 year olds on Reddit who do, but what do they know about Jordan?
Most teenagers are very internet savvy, it's not hard to know everything about Jordan's career, it's all well documented and out there to be examined

They know he had a bigger green light than anybody in his day, best supporting casts by a mile, and weak comp. And he couldn't shoot 3's so the league shortened it for him

Harden is just a more impressive beast, he sticks out in a league littered with elite perimeter talent and advanced defensive schemes

Marchesk
12-14-2019, 03:58 PM
Most teenagers are very internet savvy, it's not hard to know everything about Jordan's career, it's all well documented and out there to be examined.

I'll bite. Things like 10X scoring champ, tied for best career scoring average with Wilt, best ever playoff average at 33.4, 33.6 over six finals.

Harden can't touch that.

AlternativeAcc.
12-14-2019, 04:10 PM
I'll bite. Things like 10X scoring champ, tied for best career scoring average with Wilt, best ever playoff average at 33.4, 33.6 over six finals.

Harden can't touch that.
They're probably just speaking on prime/peak play

+ it's a flawed comparison, jordan had a huge green light from day 1, harden spent multiple years as a 6th man and a traditional PG in HOU fishing out 9-11 assists per game

If Hardens sole job was to score like Jordan's was, hed have averaged 35+ most of his career and have way more scoring titles