PDA

View Full Version : Rockets plan to fire Dantoni

LukeWalton
12-15-2019, 07:24 PM
always blame the coach :facepalm

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/mike-dantoni-likely-done-as-rockets-coach-unless-team-wins-nba-championship-this-season-per-report/

Shogon
12-15-2019, 07:26 PM
Oh please do.

Then no more Harden dropping 50 every night because the coach wants him to shoot 500x.

Then again, maybe the Rockets would win more... nevermind. Keep D'Antoni.

Nike D'Antoni
12-15-2019, 07:27 PM
Harden scoring go down.

Proctor
12-15-2019, 07:33 PM
Oh please do.

Then no more Harden dropping 50 every night because the coach wants him to shoot 500x.

Then again, maybe the Rockets would win more... nevermind. Keep D'Antoni.
:roll:

Doesn't matter too much because Harden will never win a championship as the man anyway.

Shogon
12-15-2019, 07:37 PM
:roll:

Doesn't matter too much because Harden will never win a championship as the man anyway.

You say that but I've seen too many times in too many sports where a coach is extremely one sided on the court/field and he does pretty well with a talented roster, the team fires that guy and gets a guy that focuses on the other side of the field/ball and the team does better that first year or two than any other year.

Few examples that come to mind in the NBA in very recent history?

Mark Jackson to Steve Kerr
David Blatt to Ty Lue

I think the Rockets have already peaked, but it wouldn't surprise me if they sacked him, got a defensive minded coach, and looked WWAAAAAYYYYYYY better next year... then that defensive minded coach gets fired eventually as their offense falls to shit.

Marchesk
12-15-2019, 07:39 PM
Problem is that the Rockets roster isn't good enough to beat the Clips or Lakers in a best of 7. They had their chance a couple years ago, but CP got hurt and they couldn't stop missing threes in game 7.

It's weird to me when coaches get fired because they don't have enough talent. Isn't that on the GM or the owner?