.312 WS/48

96 DRTG

35.9/14.8/6.2 per 36

Turbo Slayer
12-16-2019, 05:35 PM
Cool op:applause:

Doranku
12-16-2019, 06:14 PM
That's great and all, but I'm not gonna get excited until he does it in the playoffs. Wilt-esque dropoff last year from regular season to playoffs.

3ball
12-16-2019, 06:47 PM
too 1-dimensional tbh

and I don't mind someone passing MJ.. so I know this sounds like hate

but I just don't see it.. MJ was so fundamentally-sound and had so many wrinkles, feints, fakes, and instinctual moves through years of playing that way.. Guys like Jerry West and Bobby Knight said that he'd still be the best even if he never dunked the ball - no one would ever say that of Giannis

Whereas Giannis will go down as another Shaq-type force; so will Lebron... But MJ is in another dimension because he combined the elite physical dominance with kobe-like skill... and cat-quickness, goat-level hops and goat hang-time.. it's hard to exceed that kind of package, especially if you're a big man like Giannis.

Kawhi kicked Giannis ass last year as the underdog - so MJ would destroy him.

tontoz
12-16-2019, 08:44 PM
That's great and all, but I'm not gonna get excited until he does it in the playoffs. Wilt-esque dropoff last year from regular season to playoffs.

True. His 59% foul shooting could really hurt him in the playoffs. Toronto gave him problems last year.

Giannis is great though and only 25. Won't have to deal with Kawhi in the East.

He might have a hard time against Philly though. They have a lot of defenders with length.

Smoke117
12-16-2019, 08:58 PM
Giannis and Luka both will be better and greater all time.

ball247
12-17-2019, 03:13 AM
What

Gil Renard
12-17-2019, 03:27 AM
MJ dropping out of the top 5 :eek:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-17-2019, 03:36 AM
he needs to be better on defense first before we even entertain the offensive side:lol :lol

L8krH8tr
12-17-2019, 03:40 AM
Are you kidding me, you can't even rely on him to make a free throw or three pointer. He is a basically all he can be. An explosive around the rim or transition player.

I would rather even Lebrick on the free throw line in the clutch.

3ball
12-17-2019, 03:52 AM
Are you kidding me, you can't even rely on him to make a free throw or three pointer. He is a basically all he can be. An explosive around the rim or transition player.

I would rather even Lebrick on the free throw line in the clutch.
I agree with all this

didn't he get locked up in international play? and now he's smashing the PER record in the NBA?.. That proves how weak the league is that a guy who can't shoot can dominate based on sheer athleticism.. in previous eras, he's Orlando Woolridge

AirBonner
12-17-2019, 04:00 AM
I agree with all this

didn't he get locked up in international play? and now he's smashing the PER record in the NBA?.. That proves how weak the league is that a guy who can't shoot can dominate based on sheer athleticism.. in previous eras, he's Orlando Woolridge
Giannis is better than 3rd year Pippen right?

dbugz
12-17-2019, 04:29 AM
Giannis out of nowhere is #1 and MJ 2?

It means LeDiva move also from #16 to #17 now?

:eek: :eek:

LostCause
12-17-2019, 08:06 AM
Yeah he’s working on it. Passed Bron already

'Toine=MVP
12-17-2019, 09:11 AM
Passing and inside game is already better as well as rebounding :eek:

Inside game and rebounding far behind Shaq, Wilt, etc.

Anyway, "better" is the one of the dumbest ways of describing a player. If you mean more talented, you might have a case. LeBron is maybe the most talented player ever, so he's the guy you'd want to compare him to in that case. But while talent is an important element to the real question we ask which is who is greater, it only takes you so far.

In order for Giannis to be seen as the greatest player ever (and he does have a chance), he'll have to do some things on top of just being talented (1) not create or join a FA superteam (2) prove to have the mental toughness of some role players in the NBA of today that we have not seen in a star in a long while (3) not disappear in finals ever (4) win a lot once in the finals (5) and this might be the most important, make the NBA a LOT better than it currently is (granted the league will have to change some rules/reffing to help but the current NBA is at it's worst state since the pre NBA/ABA merger). This is the stuff of greatness. LeBron will always be tied to the worst era and he played a HUGE part in making it the worst era.

I don't think any other player today has any kind of real shot at dethroning MJ. Giannis has a long shot, but it can happen. We just don't know enough about him or his future self yet.

FKAri
12-17-2019, 10:05 AM
LeBron is maybe the most talented player ever
Mediocre scoring instincts. His scoring is purely off of athleticism + bbiq (which are GOAT tier and that gets the job done more often than not).

Bronbron23
12-17-2019, 10:09 AM
Passing and inside game is already better as well as rebounding :eek:
Bruh what are u smoking? I like greek alot and have said he could go down as the best ever if he continues to improve but right now neither of those things are better than mj in his prime. Greek still hss no post game znd mj's was elite. Greeks assists stats are good but alot of it is a result of this era's ball dominant, three ball style of play.

Greek is easily the better rebounder and defender though but Your either trolling or dont know the game if you actually think hes a better passer and post scorer

PP34Deuce
12-17-2019, 10:30 AM
What do nba legends think of giannis?

Giannis has a long road to supplant any SFs of the last 60 years.