PDA

View Full Version : Cole Anthony, a lottery pick next year, is getting exposed in college and is sitting

stalkerforlife
12-18-2019, 04:41 PM
Greg Anthony's son, who was thought of as a potential first pick, has been shutdown indefinitely.

Know why?

Because college still allows defense.

He's a point guard averaging more turnovers than assists.

Now he'll still be drafted in the top 10 while being a bum in college.

Lavine was trash in college and all the sudden he's throwing up 40 point games and flying all over the court in the NBA. :roll:

Happens all the time.

ArbitraryWater
12-18-2019, 04:42 PM
Greg Anthony's son, who was thought of as a potential first pick, has been shutdown indefinitely.

Know why?

Because college still allows defense.

He's a point guard averaging more turnovers than assists.

Now he'll still be drafted in the top 10 while being a bum in college.

Lavine was trash in college and all the sudden he's throwing up 40 point games and flying all over the court in the NBA. :roll:

Happens all the time.

yeah, its called improvements

stalkerforlife
12-18-2019, 04:47 PM
yeah, its called improvements

It's called defense Not Being Allowed.

ball247
12-18-2019, 06:39 PM
Wouldn

Lebron23
03-31-2020, 04:06 AM
I still think he is a top 6 pick in the draft. He'll probably play the role of the scoring guard in the nba. He just had a knee surgery before this thread was created by the OP.

GimmeThat
03-31-2020, 04:18 AM
sounds like the type of guy that wouldn't mind the payday of playing oversea

MiseryCityTexas
03-31-2020, 05:45 AM
Greg anthony was trash too.

StrongLurk
03-31-2020, 10:00 AM
Big UNC fan here, Cole Anthony is not a good player. Coby White last year was >> Cole Anthony. It's too easy to get hype nowadays and it should have been clear that Cole Anthony would not be a dominant college player right away. He is small and not particularly athletic as far as speed or jumping ability...so he must be a great shooter right? Well, not with 38/35/75 shooting splits. Basically, he is a classic low efficiency chucker that doesn't make any of his teammates better. Not a great defender either.

Cole is exactly that type of college player that should stay more than one year and it would do WONDERS for him. He would be able to get his body more NBA ready and work on his game that is conducive to WINNING. You know, like taking actual good shots and running an offense. As of now, I wouldn't even draft him in the top 15.

CTbasketball92
03-31-2020, 10:34 AM
Big UNC fan here, Cole Anthony is not a good player. Coby White last year was >> Cole Anthony. It's too easy to get hype nowadays and it should have been clear that Cole Anthony would not be a dominant college player right away. He is small and not particularly athletic as far as speed or jumping ability...so he must be a great shooter right? Well, not with 38/35/75 shooting splits. Basically, he is a classic low efficiency chucker that doesn't make any of his teammates better. Not a great defender either.

Cole is exactly that type of college player that should stay more than one year and it would do WONDERS for him. He would be able to get his body more NBA ready and work on his game that is conducive to WINNING. You know, like taking actual good shots and running an offense. As of now, I wouldn't even draft him in the top 15.

The bolded is interesting because based on highlight tapes from high school he's an extreme athlete. I literally saw him take a bounce alley oop from the freethrow line off two feet (which is basically impossible, especially at 6'1," but he did it) and he had impressive quickness. At the same time I never for one second thought he was a John Wall or a Kyrie Irving or a Dame. He just didn't pop off the screen the same way and he seems slower/less shifty and smaller than both of them. His standing reach is 7'11" compared to the other two's reach of 8'5" and "8'3." Dame's standing reach is only 7'11," but he's got a sturdier build than Cole and he just looks bigger. Cole is very strong but he's skinny.

The standing reaches and differences in build make a big difference when it comes to finishing and getting easy buckets. It almost reminds me of the way Brandon Jennings' athleticism didn't translate to the NBA at all. He was so physically dominant in high school he just blew right by people at all times and dunked whenever he wanted and got whatever shot he wanted and did whatever he wanted. Really, it's hard for me to remember someone dominating the way he did his senior year besides LeBron lol. But he didn't have the frame to absorb those bumps on the way to the basket and his leaping ability got lower and lower as he tacked on muscle to his still-skinny frame anyway. Cole just might not have the body or the skill.

But we'll see, maybe he'll still be really good. Remember, he's also a year old for his class

ArbitraryWater
03-31-2020, 10:52 AM
It's called defense Not Being Allowed.

so why was he ass in the NBA for the first couple years?

He's made massive strides. You should show more respect for individuals evolving.

Lebron23
03-31-2020, 12:24 PM
Charlotte Hornets are probably going to draft him cause he played for North Carolina. Let's see if Jordan can teach him some of his moves.

FreezingTsmoove
03-31-2020, 03:39 PM
This cat couldnt even win the queens catholic league championship with 2 other division 1 players on his high school team. Hes just not that good, and hes pretty frail as well. I dont see the hype at all

Lebron23
05-14-2020, 05:37 PM
He's now projected as a late lottery pick. He sounds like a good kid. I might root for him to have a successful career in the nba.