PDA

View Full Version : There is no excuse why the Mavs can't make the Finals this year

Mask the Embiid
12-19-2019, 12:39 AM
Porzingus is probably a top 3 second option in the league and Luka is a top 5 player in the league...Top 5 coach and a Top 5 bench

its flat out no excuse why they cant get it done this year with no GSW.Anything less than making the conference finals is a huge failure imo for this team

brooks_thompson
12-19-2019, 12:42 AM
You're a doofus. It's within the realm of possibility, but every team has their playoff growing pains.

bobopenguin
12-19-2019, 01:23 AM
Porzingus is probably a top 3 second option in the league and Luka is a top 5 player in the league...Top 5 coach and a Top 5 bench

its flat out no excuse why they cant get it done this year with no GSW.Anything less than making the conference finals is a huge failure imo for this team

i love luka.. but top 5? lebron, giannis, davis, harden, kawhi and maybe pg, then theres injury team kd, curry...
c'mon dude. sit down.

And1AllDay
12-19-2019, 01:24 AM
i love luka.. but top 5? lebron, giannis, davis, harden, kawhi and maybe pg, then theres injury team kd, curry...
c'mon dude. sit down.

everyone saying Luka is better than LeBron I guess not now? :oldlol:

bobopenguin
12-19-2019, 01:35 AM
everyone saying Luka is better than LeBron I guess not now? :oldlol:

always listen to ur heart, not from a random dude in a bball forum.

stalkerforlife
12-19-2019, 01:41 AM
c'mon dude. sit down.

Dumb ass.

bobopenguin
12-19-2019, 01:58 AM
Dumb ass.
u are drunk. stop drinking.

ImKobe
12-19-2019, 02:07 AM
c'mon dude. sit down.

Yup, and KP top 3 second option? :lol

Lebron
George
McCollum
Middleton
Tatum
Harris/Simmons

Has he really been better than these guys? You could argue he's better than McCollum and Middleton I guess, but top 3? Nah.

Mask the Embiid
12-19-2019, 05:16 AM
Yup, and KP top 3 second option? :lol

Lebron
George
McCollum
Middleton
Tatum
Harris/Simmons

Has he really been better than these guys? You could argue he's better than McCollum and Middleton I guess, but top 3? Nah.
Imagine actually posting this with a straight face...:roll:

mods seriously though....this has to be a bannable offense!??!

edit: nah fk that, im not letting this slide no more i'm putting my foot down...ban this poster if this site has any shred of dignity left or im fkin done

im not turning the other cheek no more on here

bobopenguin
12-19-2019, 05:37 AM
Imagine actually posting this with a straight face...:roll:

mods seriously though....this has to be a bannable offense!??!

edit: nah fk that, im not letting this slide no more i'm putting my foot down...ban this poster if this site has any shred of dignity left or im fkin done

im not turning the other cheek no more on here

what's the problem?
even lebron said davis is the 1st offense option..

Andrei89
12-19-2019, 06:04 AM
what's the problem?
even lebron said davis is the 1st offense option..

Maybe he said it to boost his teammates morale?

There is absolutely no way in hell Lebron and Davis are not 1a and 1b.

Calling Lebron a second option should be a bannable offense. Even this piece of garbage forum can't stoop that low.

ImKobe
12-19-2019, 06:54 AM

Calling Lebron a second option should be a bannable offense. Even this piece of garbage forum can't stoop that low.

:roll: :roll:

The mental gymnastics on this board..

SwayDizzle
12-19-2019, 07:42 AM

So then u admit Kobe wasn

chains5000
12-19-2019, 07:48 AM
OP believed Dennis Smith Jr was a great player, so you can't expect much from him...
That said, Lakers and Clippers second options >>>>> Mavs second option

tontoz
12-19-2019, 10:38 AM
KP is a 7 footer shooting 40% from the field.

They are starting Hardaway/Smith/Powell. How many playoff teams would those guys start for?

Dumb thread.

Mask the Embiid
12-19-2019, 01:30 PM
KP is a 7 footer shooting 40% from the field.

They are starting Hardaway/Smith/Powell. How many playoff teams would those guys start for?

Dumb thread.
i seen delly,j.r, and tristan thompson as starters make it to the Finals.....stop making excuses

NBASTATMAN
12-19-2019, 01:35 PM
If the CLips are healthy then they make it to the finals. But Dallas can play with the Lakers cuz Luka and Kristaps can def play with Bron and AD in a series. I would say the Mavs are a younger more athletic team and if all goes well they could be a team that wins a title soon.. Like maybe this season if they get lucky ..

LUKA is that GOOD :rockon:

tontoz
12-19-2019, 02:13 PM
i seen delly,j.r, and tristan thompson as starters make it to the Finals.....stop making excuses

Delly started 14 games out of 76, Tristan 34 out of 82 during the 15/16 regular season. Pretty sure Irving was the starting pg on that team. :rolleyes:

Those guys aren't starting in Dallas because other guys are out hurt.

How many All-Star games have the Mavs players been in?

~primetime~
12-19-2019, 02:39 PM
I think the Mavs *could* go to the Finals...the Lakers could get in the way of that though

The Mavs have beat the Lakers this year...but the two teams in a 7 game series? I'd probably lean Lakers right now

Marchesk
12-19-2019, 06:17 PM
Mavs are getting overrated now. This is still first half of the regular season.

90sgoat
12-19-2019, 06:34 PM
Mavs have 0% chance against Clips.

They'll get bodied.

If they trade for Drummond or Adams, then sure, anything can happen.

90sgoat
12-19-2019, 06:34 PM
I think the Mavs *could* go to the Finals...the Lakers could get in the way of that though

The Mavs have beat the Lakers this year...but the two teams in a 7 game series? I'd probably lean Lakers right now

Mavs play fast, Lebron could suffer in such a setting.

Meticode
12-19-2019, 06:36 PM
Doncic isn't a top 5 player currently because he needs to have these kind of performances consistently over the course of a season and into the playoffs. He hasn't established that yet.

He is however probably one of the top 6-15 players I'd want on my team given his age.

Doomsday Dallas
12-19-2019, 09:09 PM
He is however probably one of the top 6-15 players I'd want on my team given his age.

Giannis and Anthony Davis.... Doncic is #3

who else besides those two would you rather have?

I don't understand 6-15.

bobopenguin
12-19-2019, 09:32 PM
Giannis and Anthony Davis.... Doncic is #3

who else besides those two would you rather have?

I don't understand 6-15.

as much as i dislike harden, i will pick kd and kawhi and harden before doncic.

Doomsday Dallas
12-20-2019, 09:25 PM
as much as i dislike harden, i will pick kd and kawhi and harden before doncic.

For one year? Or the remainder of their career?

Meticode said: He is however probably one of the top 6-15 players I'd want on my team given his age.

Honestly... considering Luka is 20, you may want to have Luka as your top pick right now.

sure it may be hard to keep a player like Luka on the same team for his entire career, but that's where Mark Cuban will get the job done.

hopefully he doesn't follow in the footsteps of Lebron and create his own Super Team if the results of the first few years aren't satisfactory.

also... off topic, but I just want to say it's completely unacceptable that Lebron campaigned hard for Kawhi to join the Lakers. Almost ruined the league.

DoctorP
12-20-2019, 09:26 PM
they have an outside shot. they handled the lakers ok. not sure they have the experience but I consider them on the fringe of contention

Mask the Embiid
12-20-2019, 09:35 PM
Its crazy "the racist" is the only one besides stalker to see what Luka is....This white sack of sht is a top 5 player in the league....stop making excuses for him.He already won one championship as the man in the 2nd best league in the world.This team is good enough to win a championship this year.....Anything less than making the conference finals is a huge failure.I hold top 5 players to different standards than yall i guess

top 5 players no order
giannis
lebron
harden
luka
idk who the 5th is no one has made a strong enough case this year

maybe george paul or AD?

stalkerforlife
12-20-2019, 09:41 PM
Its crazy "the racist" is the only one besides stalker to see what Luka is....This white sack of sht is a top 5 player in the league....stop making excuses for him.He already won one championship as the man in the 2nd best league in the world.This team is good enough to win a championship this year.....Anything less than making the conference finals is a huge failure.I hold top 5 players to different standards than yall i guess

top 5 players no order
giannis
lebron
harden
luka
idk who the 5th is no one has made a strong enough case this year

maybe george paul or AD?

No.

He doesn't have a consistent second option.

Be serious.

Mask the Embiid
12-20-2019, 09:43 PM
No.

Be serious.
Porzingus is a top 5 second option in the league.Hell i've seen "bran" carry Love's sorry ass to the finals as a 2nd option....no excuses for a top 5 player

Porzingus and this Mavs team would be a 40+ win team if luka didnt come back for the rest of the year. You know it and I know it

Rico2016
12-20-2019, 09:45 PM
No.

Be serious.

I made a thread asking if anyone would take the following over Porzingis:

-AD
-KAT
-Ingram
-Giannis
-Embiid

Only 3 people did

Me, AD
Bison, Ingram
FireDavidKahn, KAT

So stop it.

tontoz
12-20-2019, 09:55 PM
How many 2nd options on playoff teams are shooting 40% from the field?

:confusedshrug:

SpaceJam2
12-20-2019, 09:56 PM
How many 2nd options on playoff teams are shooting 40% from the field?

Look at his games w/o Luka-ball hog

DMAVS41
12-20-2019, 09:57 PM
Look at his games w/o Luka-ball hog

Isn't he shooting about 40% in the last 3 games?

SpaceJam2
12-20-2019, 10:03 PM

Not sure tbh :lol

But his ppg went way up from career low

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-20-2019, 10:04 PM

24/13/3 on 53TS with 2 blocks and a steal, less than 2 turnovers a game on

oh and incredible defense

and the Mavs have had a 111 ORTG in the last 3 games against 3 of the best defenses in the league including the best, ending the Bucks 18 game streak on the road

:oldlol:

its insane Luka already has a better supporting cast than Dirk ever had. :oldlol:

Im so nba'd out
12-20-2019, 10:06 PM
No.

Be serious.
The " Luka System" hinders great players....i know you dont want to see it but get your head out of the sand.

Almost everything you criticize bron about luka pretty much does it all (on court wise)

Porzingus is going to easily win player of the week out of the Luka (everything runs through me) System

SpaceJam2
12-20-2019, 10:07 PM

and the Mavs have had a 111 ORTG in the last 3 games against 3 of the best defenses in the league including the best, ending the Bucks 18 game streak on the road

its insane Luka already has a better supporting cast than Dirk ever had. :oldlol:

:eek:

Proctor
12-20-2019, 10:09 PM
And the Mavs are d1ck whipping OP's garbage ass team. Beautiful. :yaohappy: :yaohappy:

https://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/joel-embiid-crying.jpg

DMAVS41
12-20-2019, 10:10 PM

Yea...I'm watching every second of every game and I love KP. Even with him not scoring efficiently all year...he's been awesome. Can't imagine what the net impact will be when the Mavs start getting EV out of his looks.

Don't agree with the bold, but it would definitely be top 2 or 3 if they keep this up. Bench support like this is super rare.

DMAVS41
12-20-2019, 10:10 PM
Not sure tbh :lol

But his ppg went way up from career low

Of course it did. He's now the clear cut best player on the team and he deserves to get more looks.

What is your point?

Im so nba'd out
12-20-2019, 10:12 PM
And the Mavs are d1ck whipping OP's garbage ass team. Beautiful. :yaohappy: :yaohappy:

https://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/joel-embiid-crying.jpg
All this shows is how much Big Wiggle cares about winning.I dont know why you always race to this picture....i love the passion Big Wiggle :applause:

Ben Simmons probably went lambo shopping after the game without a care in the world

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-20-2019, 10:13 PM
[/B]

Yea...I'm watching every second of every game and I love KP. Even with him not scoring efficiently all year...he's been awesome. Can't imagine what the net impact will be when the Mavs start getting EV out of his looks.

Don't agree with the bold, but it would definitely be top 2 or 3 if they keep this up. Bench support like this is super rare.

What was a better cast:hammerhead:

the 11 team who went 2-7 without Dirk and were a bottom 3-5 offense without him? And went 0-3 to start that Dirkless stretch while they had Caron

90 ORTG at Home against the #30 ranked defense

11 Mavs is prolly better on defense but offensively Dirk never had a supporting cast close to this level. Its not even debatable. They have a 114 ORTG without Luka

DMAVS41
12-20-2019, 10:19 PM
What was a better cast:hammerhead:

the 11 team who went 2-7 without Dirk and were a bottom 3-5 offense without him? And went 0-3 to start that Dirkless stretch while they had Caron

90 ORTG at Home against the #30 ranked defense

11 Mavs is prolly better on defense but offensively Dirk never had a supporting cast close to this level. Its not even debatable. They have a 114 ORTG without Luka

I don't think a team should be as largely judged by how good they are without their star player on the court as you do. I think it is important, no doubt, but I'd take the 03 and 11 supporting casts over this...and maybe 06 as well. In the playoffs, those teams had higher ceilings than this team imo...in large part because a 4-headed monster like Finley/Nash/Dirk/Nick in 03, for example, was damn near impossible to deal with.

It is always tough though...because Dirk did elevate those teams a good deal beyond their actual ability.

What I can say....is that no Dirk team for his prime ever came close to being this good without him on the court. He'd have been leading 70 plus win teams multiple times if his bench was tuning teams up for +6 points per 100 possessions....I'm just not sure the ceiling would be as high in the playoffs when the better players just play more to somewhat mitigate the impact of the bench.

Proctor
12-20-2019, 10:23 PM
All this shows is how much Big Wiggle cares about winning.I dont know why you always race to this picture....i love the passion Big Wiggle :applause:

Ben Simmons probably went lambo shopping after the game without a care in the world
How much do you love this photo? Be honest...

http://fastphillysports.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/embiid-gasol.jpeg

OP be like: Why wasn't he hugging Ibaka? :mad: :mad: :rant :rant

tontoz
12-20-2019, 10:27 PM

No....

it was actually 37.3% :lol

I think KP just needs time to get his game back after being out for so long. I expect him to be fine as a 2nd option going forward but not surprisingly he has started slow this season.

It will be interesting to see how he finishes the season. After the AS break his production should go up.

fourkicks44
12-20-2019, 10:29 PM

Cause their swords would have been crossing even when they were 2 yards away from each other?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-20-2019, 10:29 PM
I don't think a team should be as largely judged by how good they are without their star player on the court as you do. I think it is important, no doubt, but I'd take the 03 and 11 supporting casts over this...and maybe 06 as well. In the playoffs, those teams had higher ceilings than this team imo...in large part because a 4-headed monster like Finley/Nash/Dirk/Nick in 03, for example, was damn near impossible to deal with.

It is always tough though...because Dirk did elevate those teams a good deal beyond their actual ability.

What I can say....is that no Dirk team for his prime ever came close to being this good without him on the court. He'd have been leading 70 plus win teams multiple times if his bench was tuning teams up for +6 points per 100 possessions....I'm just not sure the ceiling would be as high in the playoffs when the better players just play more to somewhat mitigate the impact of the bench.

Youre way overrating the 11 team. I can see a case for 03 since as u said they still had Nash/Finley

the 11 team was horrible offensively without Dirk. Good luck with the ceiling of a washed Kidd/Matrix/Peja and Jason Terry who has routinely been a playoff shtter outside of that 1 run and Chandler. U can defend some but ur getting swept every time. That time cant score. Hell even give then Caron and they still cant

90sgoat
12-20-2019, 10:30 PM
Porzingus

He's called Porzingis you got damn phaggit.

FultzNationRISE
12-20-2019, 10:31 PM
How much do you love this photo? Be honest...

http://fastphillysports.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/embiid-gasol.jpeg

:wtf:

Your troll game is cringe beyond words.

You have WOAT charisma.

tpols
12-20-2019, 10:32 PM
absurd declaration.

Luka is great but better than anthony davis? Porzingis over lebron james?

And then we gotta compare kawhi to luke warm and zingis to PG13?

:biggums:

lord have mercy.

Proctor
12-20-2019, 10:32 PM
Cause their swords would have been crossing even when they were 2 yards away from each other?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

DMAVS41
12-20-2019, 10:42 PM
Youre way overrating the 11 team. I can see a case for 03 since as u said they still had Nash/Finley

the 11 team was horrible offensively without Dirk. Good luck with the ceiling of a washed Kidd/Matrix/Peja and Jason Terry who has routinely been a playoff shtter outside of that 1 run and Chandler. U can defend some but ur getting swept every time. That time cant score. Hell even give then Caron and they still cant

Nah, I under-rated them all year for those reasons...but the ceiling they hit was rare.

To laugh off the 11 Mavs doesn't make sense....and it makes even less sense to award this current Mavs supporting cast as clearly better before they even play one playoff game.

Mask the Embiid
12-20-2019, 11:04 PM
He's called Porzingis you got damn phaggit.
he's not good enough for me to remember the proper spelling of his name....o sht stalker may be right :oldlol: this guy may just be irrelevant in the NBA

Hawker
12-20-2019, 11:09 PM
How many times has Kleber blown by Embiid to the basket now?