PDA

View Full Version : How many more years does Lebron stay dominant?

Airupthere
12-19-2019, 12:09 PM
Not a troll post. Lebron is playing phenomenal for a 35-year old, credit to where it is due.

Barring major injuries, how many years does Lebron have left on top?

2? 3?

superduper
12-19-2019, 12:13 PM
As long as he guarantees himself to have either one top 5 player in the league or two top 10 players in the league as his teammates he will stay relevant.

Without either of the above two he will be activating playoff mode :(

FKAri
12-19-2019, 12:18 PM
As long as fans will keep believing it and the product is entertaining. I see him pulling a Ric Flair.

StrongLurk
12-19-2019, 12:33 PM
No one cares about LeFraud.

Can the ISH mods actually control this board for once?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-19-2019, 12:40 PM
Long as both he and AD are healthy?

Dude will dominate for another year or two. Keyword "dominate". The way he takes care of his body, and with the current rulset in place, Lebron will stay productive up until he's 40. Assuming he wants to play at that age.

3ball
12-19-2019, 01:00 PM

Dude will dominate for another year or two. Keyword "dominate". The way he takes care of his body, and with the current rulset in place, Lebron will stay productive up until he's 40. Assuming he wants to play at that age.
lebron won't be a top 5 player past this year

you guys are forgetting or perhaps unaware that it happens at age 35 - for everyone - the athletic drop-off.. you're just in the moment right now so it's easy to think it will last forever.. but it ends at 35 for everyone, at least for non-bigs.. you'll see

next year lebron will be at 24/9 or something and you guys will be saying "oh man, look at the 36 year old go!"... but it won't be the same.. he'll be in old man territory and his impact will look worse than last year's - AD will have to carry him next year

mark my words - time is undefeated - it happened for MJ, Kobe, Dr J, Bird - everyone.. no one escapes the decline.. this is Lebron's last year as a top 5 player.. top 10 player infact

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-19-2019, 01:04 PM
lebron won't be a top 5 player past this year

you guys are forgetting or perhaps unaware that it happens at age 35 - for everyone - the athletic drop-off.. you're just in the moment right now so it's easy to think it will last forever.. but it ends at 35 for everyone, at least for non-bigs.. you'll see

next year lebron will be at 24/9 or something and you guys will be saying "oh man, look at the 36 year old go!"... but it won't be the same.. he'll be in old man territory and his impact will look worse than last year's - AD will have to carry him next year

mark my words - time is undefeated - it happened for MJ, Kobe, Dr J, Bird - everyone.. no idea be escapes the decline.. this is Lebron's last year as a tip 5 player

You're making my point.

Bron could dominate this year thru December of 2020 and then fall off. I said a year...or two. With Davis he'll remain a high impact player though. The two are basically a perfect duo.

Airupthere
12-19-2019, 01:23 PM

I guess last year I was expecting Lebron to have a bigger dropoff in this season. He’s certainly proving me wrong. He’s still playing well and is still one of the top players. I see him putting up similar numbers up to next year, 2 years at most. And as others say, as long as he has AD he will stay signficant.

3ball
12-19-2019, 01:29 PM
You're making my point.

Bron could dominate this year thru December of 2020 and then fall off. I said a year...or two. With Davis he'll remain a high impact player though. The two are basically a perfect duo.
AD is an all-time great big maybe the best play-finisher ever, at least for a big.. and he's a mistake-eraser (goat D)

so any top-level wing (kawhi, durant, maybe harden, etc) is a perfect fit with AD.. Or put AD in the Warriors or Spurs system and it's a perfect fit... essentially, another wing or system that dominated the ball less would be even better with AD than lebron

a team with AD is only as good as the guys getting him the ball, and great systems have proven superior to lebron-ball, aka 3/9

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-19-2019, 01:41 PM
AD is an all-time great big maybe the best play-finisher ever, at least for a big.. and he's a mistake-eraser (goat D)

so any top-level wing (kawhi, durant, maybe harden, etc) is a perfect fit with AD.. Or put AD in the Warriors or Spurs system and it's a perfect fit... essentially, another wing or system that dominated the ball less would be even better with AD than lebron

a team with AD is only as good as the guys getting him the ball, and great systems have proven superior to lebron-ball, aka 3/9

That's nice and all.

But the Lakers don't have Kawhi, Durant or Harden.

They have Lebron. Along with AD that makes them a great duo. And they'll continue being pretty damn good if healthy.

3ball
12-19-2019, 01:45 PM
That's nice and all.

But the Lakers don't have Kawhi, Durant or Harden.

They have Lebron. Along with AD that makes them a great duo. And they'll continue being pretty damn good if healthy.
"pretty damn good"?

anything less than a title is a gross underachievement from what at least 15-20 other guys in history would do

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-19-2019, 02:13 PM
"pretty damn good"?

anything less than a title is a gross underachievement from what at least 15-20 other guys in history would do

If being GOOD is underachieving take it up with a dictionary.

The Lakers should win a title. No smoke screens. Or caveats like "brand of basketball". Notwithstanding 3/9 either.

Smoke117
12-19-2019, 02:33 PM

Lol You gotta love 3ball...has never had anything to say about Anthony Davis his entire career, but now that he plays with LeBron? Goat finisher and defender. :oldlol: