PDA

View Full Version : Who on the Lakers outside of LeBron and AD is worth more than a vet min?

Dray n Klay
12-19-2019, 03:31 PM
Discuss...

ImKobe
12-19-2019, 03:39 PM
10 players on the team are paid more than the vet min, 9 if you take out Deng's remaining dollars but Kuzma is worth more than the minimum so it's still 10 who are worth more than that, I wouldn't be surprised if Dwight and Rondo both got 5m+ next season as well.

Dray n Klay
12-19-2019, 03:44 PM
10 players on the team are paid more than the vet min, 9 if you take out Deng's remaining dollars but Kuzma is worth more than the minimum so it's still 10 who are worth more than that, I wouldn't be surprised if Dwight and Rondo both got 5m+ next season as well.

The only players on the team making more than $5M is LeBron, AD, Danny Green, KCP :roll: :roll:

ImKobe
12-19-2019, 03:49 PM
The only players on the team making more than $5M is LeBron, AD, Danny Green, KCP :roll: :roll:

Vet minimum is 2,56, that's the question you asked. It's hard to sign players on bigger deals when Bron, AD, Green and KCP basically take up the entire cap space.

Dray n Klay
12-19-2019, 03:53 PM
Vet minimum is 2,56, that's the question you asked. It's hard to sign players on bigger deals when Bron, AD, Green and KCP basically take up the entire cap space.

The 2012-2013 Lakers had more players make over $5M than the current Lakers (5 > 4) :roll:

And thats with a cap space of 1/3rd of what the cap is now.

Kobe had a more expensive roster in 2012-2013 than current LeBron, with a cap space of 1/3rd the current cap space, and still missed the playoffs :roll: :roll:

ImKobe
12-19-2019, 04:01 PM
The 2012-2013 Lakers had more players make over $5M than the current Lakers (5 > 4) :roll:

And thats with a cap space of 1/3rd of what the cap is now.

Kobe had a more expensive roster in 2012-2013 than current LeBron, with a cap space of 1/3rd the current cap space, and still missed the playoffs :roll: :roll:

It's not 1/3rd, the **** you on about? Lakers basically had all their money in the starting 5 and the bench was a bunch of minimum deals/D-leaguers, so once Nash, Gasol and Blake got injured, we were screwed because we didn't really have a 4 to replace Gasol and we lacked depth at 1-2 spots, which forced Kobe to play point guard full-time in his 17th season while also playing 40-48 minutes a game late in the season because we had no one to bring off the bench for him to rest and for us not to give up a scoring run. Nash and Blake both got injured basically at the same time (Nash 2nd game, Blake 8th IIRC) so we were screwed for the first half of the season with Gasol getting injured as well. Lakers had a top 5 record post-ASB with the team semi-healthy but Kobe was still forced to play about 40 minutes a night to barely win games.

Current Lakers go 12-13 deep, the 2013 Lakers maybe went 8 deep but the 8th guy was Chris Duhon or Jodie Meeks.

Dray n Klay
12-19-2019, 04:03 PM
It's not 1/3rd, the **** you on about? Lakers basically had all their money in the starting 5 and the bench was a bunch of minimum deals/D-leaguers, so once Nash, Gasol and Blake got injured, we were screwed because we didn't really have a 4 to replace Gasol and we lacked depth at 1-2 spots, which forced Kobe to play point guard full-time in his 17th season while also playing 40-48 minutes a game late in the season because we had no one to bring off the bench for him to rest and for us not to give up a scoring run. Nash and Blake both got injured basically at the same time (Nash 2nd game, Blake 8th IIRC) so we were screwed for the first half of the season with Gasol getting injured as well. Lakers had a top 5 record post-ASB with the team semi-healthy but Kobe was still forced to play about 40 minutes a night to barely win games.

Current Lakers go 12-13 deep, the 2013 Lakers maybe went 8 deep but the 8th guy was Chris Duhon or Jodie Meeks.

So its a problem when 17th season Kobe has to play PG, but 17th season Lebron is playing PG just fine? :oldlol:

If Kobe was a good playmaker maybe he'd also have taken the 2013 Lakers to the #1 seed, instead of missing the playoffs

ImKobe
12-19-2019, 04:11 PM
So its a problem when 17th season Kobe has to play PG, but 17th season Lebron is playing PG just fine? :oldlol:

If Kobe was a good playmaker maybe he'd also have taken the 2013 Lakers to the #1 seed, instead of missing the playoffs

Lebron's played point guard all his career but he's never really defended opposing PGs like Kobe has for most of his career.

Let's be real here, 16th season Lebron missed the Playoffs badly once he lost a couple starters, Kobe got his team to 45 wins and the Playoffs. Lebron lost 12 out of 15 games after activating "Playoff mode". Kobe went out that season with this

https://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/lakers/images/press/130415_bryant_player_week/130415_bryant_player_week_670x670.jpg

Kobe post-ASG averaged 29/6/7 on ~58%TS.

Bosnian Sajo
12-19-2019, 04:12 PM
Dwight, KCP, Danny Green, Alex Caruso, Kyle Kuzma, Javale Mcgee, Rondo...

superduper
12-19-2019, 04:13 PM
Bran stans beginning to show symptoms of psychosis :biggums:

theballerFKA Ace
12-19-2019, 04:47 PM
Dwight, KCP, Danny Green, Alex Caruso, Kyle Kuzma, Javale Mcgee, Rondo...

OP is dumb as as LeBald. Add AB to that list

RealSkipBayless
12-19-2019, 04:49 PM
I could see Green, Bradley, and Caruso getting more than the vet min offers from other teams.

Dwight, KCP, Rondo, Daniels, Dudley, Mcgee, Cousins, Cook all vet min though.

Bosnian Sajo
12-19-2019, 04:49 PM
OP is as dumb as Lebron is LeBald. Add AB to that list

Fixed that for ya :D

Bosnian Sajo
12-19-2019, 04:51 PM
I could see Green, Bradley, and Caruso getting more than the vet min offers from other teams.

Dwight, KCP, Rondo, Daniels, Dudley, Mcgee, Cousins, Cook all vet min though.

KCP made 17m in 2017, 13m in 2018, and is currently signed to a 2yr/16.5m deal with a player option for year two.

It's one thing to be ignorant, it's another to be a complete dumbass and ignore real life.

Bosnian Sajo
12-19-2019, 04:52 PM
Unless he wants to stay with the Lakers and sign a small deal, Dwight is definitely going to get an MLE deal somewhere next off season. Which by the way is $9.258 million.

RealSkipBayless
12-19-2019, 04:55 PM
KCP made 17m in 2017, 13m in 2018, and is currently signed to a 2yr/16.5m deal with a player option for year two.

It's one thing to be ignorant, it's another to be a complete dumbass and ignore real life.
Why did KCP get those deals?

Forgot you're a Pelicans fan and wouldn't know.

RealSkipBayless
12-19-2019, 04:56 PM
Unless he wants to stay with the Lakers and sign a small deal, Dwight is definitely going to get an MLE deal somewhere next off season. Which by the way is $9.258 million.
Only situation that would occur is on the NBA 2k. :oldlol:

Clueless.

Bosnian Sajo
12-19-2019, 05:03 PM
Why did KCP get those deals?

Forgot you're a Pelicans fan and wouldn't know.

When in doubt, play the Pelicans card.

Can't say I didn't expect it. Enjoy rooting for my Lakers ;)

Bosnian Sajo
12-19-2019, 05:05 PM
Only situation that would occur is on the NBA 2k. :oldlol:

Clueless.

Dedmon got a 3 year, 40 million contract.

You REALLY think it's that absurd to assume Dwight will get the MLE next year after this seasons performance?

superduper
12-19-2019, 05:14 PM
Dedmon got a 3 year, 40 million contract.

You REALLY think it's that absurd to assume Dwight will get the MLE next year after this seasons performance?

Look at Biyombo's Magic contract too.

Bran stans are a different kind of special man :oldlol:

RealSkipBayless
12-19-2019, 05:32 PM
Dwight is 34 years old and has been a problem everywhere. Dedmond had a good season for the Hawks and can space the floor...

You think teams are gonna be like "wow! I had no idea that Dwight still had this much left, here take my 10 mil!"

They knew what he brought to the table. They worked him out, and nobody wanted him. If it wasn't for Lebron he would be some gym teacher in Atlanta right now.

Nobody wants KCP either. I only heard of one rumor and that was the Sixers looking for a convington replacement. KCP got friendly deals from taking 1 year contracts and his ties to Lebron. Ain't nobody paying much for him.

theballerFKA Ace
12-19-2019, 06:10 PM
They worked him out, and nobody wanted him. If it wasn't for Lebron he would be some gym teacher in Atlanta right now.

:facepalm

Dwight is beasting with and without LeBron on the floor. Him and Rondo have a good thing going(npi)

LostCause
12-19-2019, 06:58 PM
Dwight is not a vet min player. He only took it to prove a point and silence doubters. The contracts he COULD sign wouldn't land him on a contender

That said, this Lakers team can compare to the 2nd 3Peat Bulls

LeBron ~ Jordan
AD > Pippen
Dwight > Rodman
Kuzma < Kukoc
McGee >> Longley

Then you have guys like Green, Bradley, Rondo, Caruso as roleplayers which compares well to Kerr, Wennington, Harper etc

MoBe1Kanobi
12-19-2019, 07:02 PM
Dwight is 34 years old and has been a problem everywhere. Dedmond had a good season for the Hawks and can space the floor...

You think teams are gonna be like "wow! I had no idea that Dwight still had this much left, here take my 10 mil!"

They knew what he brought to the table. They worked him out, and nobody wanted him. If it wasn't for Lebron he would be some gym teacher in Atlanta right now.

Nobody wants KCP either. I only heard of one rumor and that was the Sixers looking for a convington replacement. KCP got friendly deals from taking 1 year contracts and his ties to Lebron. Ain't nobody paying much for him.

As a Kings fan

PLEASE let us do a Dedmon for Dwight swap

I would pick up Dwight myself at the airport

sammichoffate
12-19-2019, 07:04 PM
OP likes quoting stats but doesn't know what $3 million is. Try not to fall down a ramp today.

FKAri
12-19-2019, 07:08 PM
OP, be honest. Do you really think AD is worth more than a vet min?

LostCause
12-19-2019, 07:31 PM

Nonsense. For the vet min, a load of teams would take Dwight, and if they wouldn't it wouldn't have anything to do with his play

It wasn't even about what he had left in the tank. It was about how he fit personality-wise. He had a rep as a locker room cancer who complained about touches or just had other drama going on around him

He barely played last season due to injury (9 games). The season before that (81 games) he averaged 17ppg/13rpg and 2bpg on 56%. The season before that he averaged 14/13/1 on 63%. Infact Dwight was better on both ends by most advanced metrics in 2017 than he was during his Lakers season with Kobe

Not even sure where the narrative he had nothing in the tank even came from

BigShotBob
12-19-2019, 07:55 PM
Your mom

SpaceJam2
12-19-2019, 08:19 PM
When in doubt, play the Pelicans card.

Can't say I didn't expect it. Enjoy rooting for my Lakers ;)

https://i.postimg.cc/RZ6xRXYt/sajo.png

Bosnian Sajo
12-19-2019, 08:20 PM
Nonsense. For the vet min, a load of teams would take Dwight, and if they wouldn't it wouldn't have anything to do with his play

It wasn't even about what he had left in the tank. It was about how he fit personality-wise. He had a rep as a locker room cancer who complained about touches or just had other drama going on around him

He barely played last season due to injury (9 games). The season before that (81 games) he averaged 17ppg/13rpg and 2bpg on 56%. The season before that he averaged 14/13/1 on 63%. Infact Dwight was better on both ends by most advanced metrics in 2017 than he was during his Lakers season with Kobe

Not even sure where the narrative he had nothing in the tank even came from

The narrative came from lebron stans trying to give lebron credit for Dwight's success.

Realskip, I hope you understand how convoluted and misguided you sound. It's almost as if you havent watched a single game this season.

Bosnian Sajo
12-19-2019, 08:23 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/RZ6xRXYt/sajo.png

Ahhh, the lovely Lakers logo :cheers:

Thanks for supporting my Lakers, bud :D

It's nice knowing lebron stans (esp u simon) now want the best for us...somewhere, Kobe is smiling..standing under his 2 jerseys, where Bron plays 41 times a year :)

Bron looking up to his idol, it's a dream come true.

3ball
12-19-2019, 08:46 PM
how many currently have more than a vet min? that's how many