PDA

View Full Version : Luka is the best player in the world, here is why

90sgoat
12-20-2019, 11:19 AM
Giannis is probably a better play in the NBA now, but Giannis is a far inferior player in FIBA basketball.

Luka is a European champion in FIBA, Giannis gets locked down by old man Varejao.

Giannis does not have the skillset to be successful in FIBA.

Luka is not as good as Giannis in the NBA skillset (notably defense and travelling/eurostep), but he is still good enough in NBA to win a championship. Giannis will never win a European championship with Greece.

Marchesk
12-20-2019, 11:21 AM
but he is still good enough in NBA to win a championship..

How about we wait and see what Dallas does in the playoffs, because I don't see Luka being good enough to get past the Lakers and Clippers. Also, I thought everyone was on Kawhi bandwagon?

90sgoat
12-20-2019, 11:25 AM
How about we wait and see what Dallas does in the playoffs, because I don't see Luka being good enough to get past the Lakers and Clippers. Also, I thought everyone was on Kawhi bandwagon?

I can see Mavs beating Lakers even with this team quite possibly.

I can't see Mavs beating Clippers with this team.

If Mavs get Adams or Drummond, then they have a fighting chance against the Clips, but there's no getting around the fact that Paul George is a superior player now to KP and that the Clips role players are far superior to Mavs roleplayers.

The main issue is that Mavs are soft, which can work against soft Lakers, but not tough Clips.

Akeem34TheDream
12-20-2019, 11:29 AM
Anthony Parker was better than Spanoulis.

90sgoat
12-20-2019, 11:30 AM
Anthony Parker was better than Spanoulis.

Julius Erving was better than Lebron and infinitely more eloquent.

Akeem34TheDream
12-20-2019, 11:32 AM
Best white player of all time felt disrespected whenever guarded by other whites.

90sgoat
12-20-2019, 11:33 AM
Best white player of all time felt disrespected whenever guarded by other whites.

Luka is the best white player ever and is going to end up the second best, only surpassed by MJ.

Akeem34TheDream
12-20-2019, 11:37 AM
Luka is the best white player ever
Already?? Thats kinda sad. But I guess bar wasn't that high. Anyway, we can do this all day. You chose a veeery wrong sport for a white supremacist lmaoo.

Bronbron23
12-20-2019, 12:42 PM
I like luka but he'll never be better than greek, here is why.

Defence: luka is a very bad defender while greek is one of the best in the league. All everyone wants to focus on is offence but defence is just as important.

Ceiling: evwn though luka is only 20 and 4 years younger than greek, Greeks ceiling is much higher. Luka is pretty much maxed out skill and athleticism wise so i dont see him getting much better. Greek on the other hand has a lot of room to improve and he has the drive and dedication to do it.

Desire: you can tell greek wants it bad. He has the same demeanor and drive as mj did.

Greek is gonna dominate the nba for the next decade. Clippers will probably win this year and maybe next but after that its greeks world. Luka may be able to get a chip 11 or 12 years from now when greek is 35 and in decline but i dont see him winning anytime soon.

Ghost1
12-20-2019, 01:52 PM

Defence: luka is a very bad defender while greek is one of the best in the league. All everyone wants to focus on is offence but defence is just as important.

Ceiling: evwn though luka is only 20 and 4 years younger than greek, Greeks ceiling is much higher. Luka is pretty much maxed out skill and athleticism wise so i dont see him getting much better. Greek on the other hand has a lot of room to improve and he has the drive and dedication to do it.

Desire: you can tell greek wants it bad. He has the same demeanor and drive as mj did.

Greek is gonna dominate the nba for the next decade. Clippers will probably win this year and maybe next but after that its greeks world. Luka may be able to get a chip 11 or 12 years from now when greek is 35 and in decline but i dont see him winning anytime soon.

nooo

90sgoat
12-20-2019, 01:56 PM

You missed my point though, which is that with the rise of the international game and international NBA stars a plenty, you're going to be judged on FIBA as well.

Why?

Because Giannis and Luka both will play many national games in the future, unlike NBA stars. If Giannis can only dominate in US and not FIBA, then he won't be the best in the WORLD, only the best in the NBA.

Doncic is a lazy defender, but can be slightly above average when he tries. Giannis is a great defender, but looks lost in FIBA game.

I think Doncic has a better shot at winning in the NBA than Giannis does winning in FIBA, despite Greece having a much superior roster to Slovenia.

Ghost1
12-20-2019, 01:57 PM
You missed my point though, which is that with the rise of the international game and international NBA stars a plenty, you're going to be judged on FIBA as well.

Why?

Because Giannis and Luka both will play many national games in the future, unlike NBA stars. If Giannis can only dominate in US and not FIBA, then he won't be the best in the WORLD, only the best in the NBA.

Doncic is a lazy defender, but can be slightly above average when he tries. Giannis is a great defender, but looks lost in FIBA game.

I think Doncic has a better shot at winning in the NBA than Giannis does winning in FIBA, despite Greece having a much superior roster to Slovenia.

https://i.postimg.cc/5yBF9Ddc/khvhjvjc.jpg

:dancin :djparty :hammertime: :party:

90sgoat
12-20-2019, 01:58 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

FKAri
12-20-2019, 01:58 PM

That's what they said last year doe

90sgoat
12-20-2019, 02:00 PM
That's what they said last year doe

Yes, it's a stupid argument.

Luka added a lot of size and strength and got noticeable quicker first step.

Luka is 20 years old and already strong enough to handle NBA power forwards. Once he fills in and gets to mid late 20s, he will be a powerhouse.

Ghost1
12-20-2019, 02:06 PM

Luka is 20 years old and already strong enough to handle NBA power forwards. Once he fills in and gets to mid late 20s, he will be a powerhouse.

free throw shooting, 3 point shooting, shot selection, turnovers, midrange game, defense, strength, stamina...

no room for improvment they say :lol :lol

90sgoat
12-20-2019, 02:39 PM
free throw shooting, 3 point shooting, shot selection, turnovers, midrange game, defense, strength, stamina...

no room for improvment they say :lol :lol

Conditioning mainly and learning to play more off ball, so that he can play some defense. Once Luka plays just above average defense, it's over for the league.

Bronbron23
12-20-2019, 04:27 PM

Why?

I think Doncic has a better shot at winning in the NBA than Giannis does winning in FIBA, despite Greece having a much superior roster to Slovenia. i disagree. I dont think anyone gets judged based on what they do in fiba games. Ive never heard fiba brought up in greatest debates

90sgoat
12-20-2019, 04:29 PM
i disagree. I dont think anyone gets judged based on what they do in fiba games. Ive never heard fiba brought up in greatest debates

That's because FIBA didn't use to matter as the US won every time and Europe didn't have superstars.

Now Europe has the superstars AND the best teams.

You bet people are going to pay attention when Slovenia face Greece.

Bronbron23
12-20-2019, 04:30 PM

Fills in? If he fills in anymore he'll be fat dude.

Bronbron23
12-20-2019, 04:31 PM
That's because FIBA didn't use to matter as the US won every time and Europe didn't have superstars.

Now Europe has the superstars AND the best teams.

You bet people are going to pay attention when Slovenia face Greece.
Nah man. Aint nobody gonna go to fiba games when comparing nba plsyers. Not now not ever

NBASTATMAN
12-20-2019, 05:31 PM
I can see Mavs beating Lakers even with this team quite possibly.

I can't see Mavs beating Clippers with this team.

If Mavs get Adams or Drummond, then they have a fighting chance against the Clips, but there's no getting around the fact that Paul George is a superior player now to KP and that the Clips role players are far superior to Mavs roleplayers.

The main issue is that Mavs are soft, which can work against soft Lakers, but not tough Clips.

I AGREE.. Shit the Mavs without Luka beat up THE BUCKS at their home. Luka is in my opinion the best offensive player in the league.. Especially since KD and Kawhi are injured or hurt. Lebron is old and still great but he can't get by guys anymore ..

BarberSchool
12-20-2019, 08:29 PM
Luka at his peak will be:

54% 2FG
44% 3FG
94% FT
34 PPG
10 RPG
12 APG

6'7" 238lbs (weighs about 220 right now), will develop Joe Johnson post strength & athleticism. Not elite quick athleticism, but strong and solid like Joe.