PDA

View Full Version : If Bran had made the Finals in 09, the Lakers would have won in _________ ?

PickernRoller
12-22-2019, 03:59 PM
How much would it have taken Kobe's 09 Lakers to dispatch Bran in 09?

A sweep?

A gentleman sweep like he did to Dwight?

6 games?

Going the distance to 7?

Now before Bran stans starting popping some veins by asking for THAT extra choice..... consider the following: Statistical probability from basketball reference says Lebron had only a 0.01%/3-9 chance of winning.

MOREOVER, would the debate between Kobe and Bran had ended right then and there?

Discuss.

Edit: Given the serial ducking displayed by our first thread respondents I'm being forced to issue this warning:

https://i.ibb.co/4KngJtp/Untitled-1.jpg

RRR3
12-22-2019, 04:02 PM
LeBron is better than Kobe. Get over it already. It's been years at this point.

PickernRoller
12-22-2019, 04:03 PM
Why u ducking on your first post? Nowhere to hide...

LAmbruh
12-22-2019, 04:06 PM
Lebron was making the Finals his personal real estate for 7 years waiting for Lakers and Kobe to show up. We never did

2007: 1-4 to Raja Bell

2011: Swept by Terry

2012: 1-4 to Sefalosha

2013: Swept by Splitter

2014: Lottery

2015: Lottery

2016: Lottery

Kind of blessed we were getting waxed in quick 1st round sweeps to save us from the inevitable Lebron creampie he routinely served Lakers

6-16 already cut deep enough

KD7
12-22-2019, 04:07 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/WpCFc4xS/Screenshot-20191222-200332.jpg

Kblaze8855
12-22-2019, 04:12 PM
I assume the Lakers would have won a close series. Whatever else anyone is going to come in here and say if any of you were a GM and you were offered both Mo Williams and old big Z or Mo and Delonte(whoever you consider the Cavs 2 and 3) combined for Pau you would

PickernRoller
12-22-2019, 04:13 PM
That's a cool story and all but back to 2009... how would Lebron had fared in the Finals in 09?

Does anyone know?

PickernRoller
12-22-2019, 04:19 PM
I assume the Lakers would have won a close series. Whatever else anyone is going to come in here and say if any of you were a GM and you were offered both Mo Williams and old big Z or Mo and Delonte(whoever you consider the Cavs 2 and 3) combined for Pau you would’ve said no. Offered for Pau and Odom? You would have called David Stern to have the other teams GM drug tested.

I would give the Lakers the advantage but it would’ve been a great series to see from a historical perspective. As insufferable as the LeBron Kobe and Jordan topics are and have been for years I can’t imagine how much worse they would be if this series happened no matter who won.

We would never make it 2 days without a “But what happened when Kobe ran into the GOAT in 09?” or “Remember when Kobe won finals mvp and forced Bron to start plans to collude and get to Miami?” topic.

Those series being avoided saved us all 12-15 thousand topics of trolling no matter how it went down.

I think it would have settled a lot of debate actually. I disagree with this take on that conclusion. One side would have clearly had the upper hand, and eventually the other side would become submissive. Not that it's any different from today from my POV, but the Bran family hangs to the fact that Bran never lost to Kobe to prop the fraud up and keep appearances. A 6 times Finals loser going against one of the greatest killer and champion our sport has ever seen.... I don't think it would have been close.

Dwight robbed us of that. Or like a poster somewhere suggested, Bran ducked Kobe by losing to Dwight... I dunno...

Doranku
12-22-2019, 04:21 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/WpCFc4xS/Screenshot-20191222-200332.jpg

Lakers were 2-0 against Bran in 2009. Bran was flat out awful. 20 ppg on 35% shooting.

Cavs were 21-0 at home when the Lakers played them too and ended that streak. I was at that game. :banana:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUc8677iffE

Lakers in 5 if Bran doesn't choke against Dwight.

Kblaze8855
12-22-2019, 04:23 PM
Nah. Magic beat Bird in college(in the most watched basketball game in American history), 85, and 87. Bird won 84. You won

DMAVS41
12-22-2019, 06:36 PM
I think it would have settled a lot of debate actually. I disagree with this take on that conclusion. One side would have clearly had the upper hand, and eventually the other side would become submissive. Not that it's any different from today from my POV, but the Bran family hangs to the fact that Bran never lost to Kobe to prop the fraud up and keep appearances. A 6 times Finals loser going against one of the greatest killer and champion our sport has ever seen.... I don't think it would have been close.

Dwight robbed us of that. Or like a poster somewhere suggested, Bran ducked Kobe by losing to Dwight... I dunno...

Meh, it wouldn't settle the debate...especially if Kobe won. He had the better team and was a seasoned vet with a great coach...etc.

And it wouldn't be settled the other way either...although it would make Kobe fans look even dumber for thinking he's better than they currently do.

Keno
12-22-2019, 07:02 PM
lebron would've swept, realistically speaking.

PickernRoller
12-22-2019, 07:13 PM
Bran never swept anyone in the Finals and he gonna sweep a 5 time champ?

We talking about Santa James... delivering free FMVP trophies to almost all of his rivals..... :oldlol: :oldlol:

Choking and quitting is in his genes.

3ball
12-22-2019, 07:50 PM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]

I assume the Lakers would have won a close series. Whatever else anyone is going to come in here and say if any of you were a GM and you were offered both Mo Williams and old big Z or Mo and Delonte(whoever you consider the Cavs 2 and 3) combined for Pau you would

RoundMoundOfReb
12-22-2019, 10:23 PM
Stacked Lakers' Squad would have been expected to win 4-0, however, LeUnderdog comes through again: 4-0 Cavs.

ImKobe
12-22-2019, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]Nah. Magic beat Bird in college(in the most watched basketball game in American history), 85, and 87. Bird won 84. You won

superduper
12-22-2019, 10:26 PM
Considering LeGOAT was literally irrelevant before collusion he would get straight up mamba'd.