PDA

View Full Version : Lmfao Porzingis is a bitch

lilteapot
12-22-2019, 07:07 PM
Weak ass white twig wanted NO parts of the ball. Camped out on the 3pt line down 1. Blew a 30 point lead. WEAK!

Ghost1
12-22-2019, 07:08 PM
he was clumsy as hell..

he's no first option type of guy, yet..

Jameerthefear
12-22-2019, 07:08 PM
he was flipping and falling all over the place late game

FultzNationRISE
12-22-2019, 07:13 PM
Ayy. Get off my boy. Hes gon be alright.

He’s working on the things he needs to improve on, but it takes time. His size/game is very unique so theres not a lot of players he can easily patten himself after. It’ll take a minute to figure out how to use him optimally.

Hes got the right mindset. His shot’s not falling but he’s rebounding and playing D.

Give him one more offseason. As long as he stays healthy, next year he’s gonna kick ass.

Blee dat.

ArbitraryWater
12-22-2019, 07:17 PM
Holy shit they were up 30 with just over 14 mins left? :biggums: :lol

and the lead evaporated within 8.33 minutes :roll: :roll:

Mask the Embiid
12-22-2019, 07:19 PM
Trash genetics

Jameerthefear
12-22-2019, 07:25 PM
Has to be the biggest comeback ever, or the quickest

Celtics 1825
12-22-2019, 07:30 PM
B-but Lukaball "shackled" Porzingis. What do you have to say now Hammy?

lilteapot
12-22-2019, 07:45 PM
[QUOTE=FultzNationRISE]Ayy. Get off my boy. Hes gon be alright.

He

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-22-2019, 07:55 PM
B-but Lukaball "shackled" Porzingis. What do you have to say now Hammy?

This Raptors defense has shut down Bran, Luka, Kawhi, Lillard, Embiid etc this season

KPs still been a monster since Luka went down specially on defense

FultzNationRISE
12-22-2019, 07:56 PM
shut your little stupidass up

:roll:

NOBODY thinks youre tough shrimp dick :lol

DMAVS41
12-22-2019, 08:09 PM
This Raptors defense has shut down Bran, Luka, Kawhi, Lillard, Embiid etc this season

KPs still been a monster since Luka went down specially on defense

He's been really good on defense all year.

There is absolutely no reason to think anything other than Luka is really good and his supporting cast has proved to be quite capable without him on the court.

Pretending that this team is better without Luka is stupid. Just stop.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-22-2019, 08:19 PM
He's been really good on defense all year.

There is absolutely no reason to think anything other than Luka is really good and his supporting cast has proved to be quite capable without him on the court.

Pretending that this team is better without Luka is stupid. Just stop.
:biggums: :biggums:

who the hell pretended they were BETTER without Luka?

Luka raises the ceiling but theyre easily one of the best supporting casts in the league

they just went through maybe the toughest 5 game stretch of the season

VS Miami
@ Milwaukee
VS Boston
@ Philly
@ Toronto

most teams even healthy dont get a winning record against that schedule

Mavs went 2-3 with a 2.2 Net Rating which is unfathomable against that type of schedule

and ur underrating KPs defense. Hes not merely really good hes one of the best defenders in the game and arguable DPOY candidate. Hes a better defender than Chandler ever was

not having to hide Luka in their zones on defense anymore in the last 5 games

KP on court: 113.8 ORTG, 99.7 DRTG, +14 net rating
KP off court: 94.8 ORTG, 119.4 DRTG, -24.7 net rating
:biggums:

RRR3
12-22-2019, 08:30 PM
Holy shit they were up 30 with just over 14 mins left? :biggums: :lol

and the lead evaporated within 8.33 minutes :roll: :roll:
Aren't you a Mavs fan?

DMAVS41
12-22-2019, 09:16 PM
:biggums: :biggums:

who the hell pretended they were BETTER without Luka?

Luka raises the ceiling but theyre easily one of the best supporting casts in the league

they just went through maybe the toughest 5 game stretch of the season

VS Miami
@ Milwaukee
VS Boston
@ Philly
@ Toronto

most teams even healthy dont get a winning record against that schedule

Mavs went 2-3 with a 2.2 Net Rating which is unfathomable against that type of schedule

and ur underrating KPs defense. Hes not merely really good hes one of the best defenders in the game and arguable DPOY candidate. Hes a better defender than Chandler ever was

not having to hide Luka in their zones on defense anymore in the last 5 games

KP on court: 113.8 ORTG, 99.7 DRTG, +14 net rating
KP off court: 94.8 ORTG, 119.4 DRTG, -24.7 net rating
:biggums:

You do.

With almost everything you say you are essentially implying the Mavs would be better off trading him.

Just look at your post...

And, for the record, I've been defending KP all year, but you over-rate his play so far. He's been weak with the ball a lot, missed a ton of open shots, and his inability to block out is a real weakness.

Yet, he's still really good...and hopefully will get a lot better throughout the year.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-22-2019, 09:19 PM
You do.

With almost everything you say you are essentially implying the Mavs would be better off trading him.

Just look at your post...

And, for the record, I've been defending KP all year, but you over-rate his play so far. He's been weak with the ball a lot, missed a ton of open shots, and his inability to block out is a real weakness.

Yet, he's still really good...and hopefully will get a lot better throughout the year.

No not at all. I never once said theyre a better team without him. I said theyre an elite top tier supporting cast without him and Lukas onball dominance was freezing out KP and apparently his rebound chasing too ala Westbrick

weve seen similar styles of play from onball/pickandroll dominators completely not utilize the strengths of strong offensive players on their team.

Thats what made Larry Legend so special. A black hole post scorer like Kevin Mchale wouldve NEVER thrived alongside some of the onball dominators in todays game because Bird had the GOAT offball game

Luka has to develop his game off the ball cant be holding the ball all the time

DMAVS41
12-22-2019, 09:28 PM
No not at all. I never once said theyre a better team without him. I said theyre an elite top tier supporting cast without him and Lukas onball dominance was freezing out KP

weve seen similar styles of play from onball/pickandroll dominators completely not utilize the strengths of strong offensive players on their team.

Thats what made Larry Legend so special. A black hole post scorer like Kevin Mchale wouldve NEVER thrived alongside some of the onball dominators in todays game because Bird had the GOAT offball game

Luka has to develop his game off the ball cant be holding the ball all the time

It is fair to say they've been an elite supporting cast so far this year. How good they actually are will be determined by how they do in the playoffs...when the games are a bit different.

KP is nothing like McHale...he has a relatively weak post game and so far this year has struggled doing much more than just shooting open shots and finishing around the rim.

That is your problem, I'm not sure you understand what type of player KP is. He's not McHale...he's not Dirk...he's a really good floor spacing big that can protect the rim right now. He's decent in the post against a switch, but is way too loose with the ball. His lack of boxing out is also a real weakness as is his inability to create his own shot.

Again, I love KP, but he hasn't been as good as you say...and he doesn't even play a style that would be "shackled" by Luka's style. He just, rightfully, gets less shots when Luka is playing...because Luka scores better than him right now...and it is better to use him more as a floor spacer.

I mean, at some point...you'd expect more than 53% TS or whatever KP has done these last 5 games if you are going to try and make the points you are.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-22-2019, 09:51 PM
It is fair to say they've been an elite supporting cast so far this year. How good they actually are will be determined by how they do in the playoffs...when the games are a bit different.

KP is nothing like McHale...he has a relatively weak post game and so far this year has struggled doing much more than just shooting open shots and finishing around the rim.

That is your problem, I'm not sure you understand what type of player KP is. He's not McHale...he's not Dirk...he's a really good floor spacing big that can protect the rim right now. He's decent in the post against a switch, but is way too loose with the ball. His lack of boxing out is also a real weakness as is his inability to create his own shot.

Again, I love KP, but he hasn't been as good as you say...and he doesn't even play a style that would be "shackled" by Luka's style. He just, rightfully, gets less shots when Luka is playing...because Luka scores better than him right now...and it is better to use him more as a floor spacer.

I mean, at some point...you'd expect more than 53% TS or whatever KP has done these last 5 games if you are going to try and make the points you are.

Never said mchae and KP have similar games but its much harder to play alongside a mchale than KP. a face up pickandpop should be much easier to maximize

as far as KPs efficiency weve seen him against 5 of the best defenses which have shut down alot of the best in the league on Mavs toughest stretch of the season

lets how he looks with a larger sample size as the schedule isnt brutal

DMAVS41
12-22-2019, 09:58 PM
Never said mchae and KP have similar games but its much harder to play alongside a mchale than KP. a face up pickandpop should be much easier to maximize

as far as KPs efficiency weve seen him against 5 of the best defenses which have shut down alot of the best in the league on Mavs toughest stretch of the season

lets how he looks with a larger sample size as the schedule isnt brutal

Well, yea...he's coming off not playing for nearly 2 years. I don't care about his efficiency right now because he's been getting great looks all year out of the offense.

My point here is that you seem to be blaming Luka for KP just missing a ton of great looks all year...and I think that is silly. KP's game actually fits well with a more ball dominant player like Luka...and I'd imagine they'll build chemistry and get better...especially as KP improves his game beyond really only being impactful as a spot up shooter right now.

Also, you can't use a 5 game sample for your argument...which doesn't even make the point you want it to...then turn around and say the sample isn't big enough.

It sure as shit isn't big enough for anything meaningful...I agree with that, but I'm not the one making the arguments you are...which is based off the sample you call too small.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-22-2019, 10:09 PM
Well, yea...he's coming off not playing for nearly 2 years. I don't care about his efficiency right now because he's been getting great looks all year out of the offense.

My point here is that you seem to be blaming Luka for KP just missing a ton of great looks all year...and I think that is silly. KP's game actually fits well with a more ball dominant player like Luka...and I'd imagine they'll build chemistry and get better...especially as KP improves his game beyond really only being impactful as a spot up shooter right now.

Also, you can't use a 5 game sample for your argument...which doesn't even make the point you want it to...then turn around and say the sample isn't big enough.

It sure as shit isn't big enough for anything meaningful...I agree with that, but I'm not the one making the arguments you are...which is based off the sample you call too small.

what the sample is fine for the strength of the team

im saying u cant look at 53 TS and imply thats his average efficiency against the league when hes played 5 of the best defenses in this span including the #1, 3 on the road too. Players shoot much less efficiently against top defenses specially on the road.

Hell look at Bran hes averaging 19PPG on 47-49TS against the top 10 defenses hes played this year (including the Bucks and Raptors @ home)

53TS is great given the defensive opposition is my point and that if it trends upwards as he faces softer teams my point will stand. If he remains here even against the worse teams then your point will make more sense

DMAVS41
12-22-2019, 10:22 PM
what the sample is fine for the strength of the team

im saying u cant look at 53 TS and imply thats his average efficiency against the league when hes played 5 of the best defenses in this span including the #1, 3 on the road too. Players shoot much less efficiently against top defenses specially on the road.

Hell look at Bran hes averaging 19PPG on 47-49TS against the top 10 defenses hes played this year (including the Bucks and Raptors @ home)

53TS is great given the defensive opposition is my point and that if it trends upwards as he faces softer teams my point will stand. If he remains here even against the worse teams then your point will make more sense

He's at 51% TS for the year dude.

What are you actually saying?

Just seems a bit of an odd stance to take on this Mavs team when they are exceeding expectations and have the best offense in the league with Luka playing in the games. You have to walk before you can run. I'd like to see KP focus on making open shots, defending, and rebounding...then we can worry about how to optimize his offensive game.

Until then, just seems pointless to worry about "Luka ball" when it is producing the best offense in the league and a team that was on pace to win 55 games.