PDA

View Full Version : Trading Kuzma

DoctorP
12-25-2019, 08:53 AM
Let's face it, Kuzma is regressing and isn't an ideal fit with AD and LeBron. It's just not working and the Lakers need a pure shooter that can space the floor as well as get his own basket. Here are some possible names:

DeRozan
CP3
Beal
Waiters
Lowry
Conley jr
D Rose

ArbitraryWater
12-25-2019, 09:04 AM
I learned that Beal sadly can't be traded this season, would have been perfect and given them a great chance

DoctorP
12-25-2019, 09:14 AM
Ah shittake

DMAVS41
12-25-2019, 09:45 AM
Let's face it, Kuzma is regressing and isn't an ideal fit with AD and LeBron. It's just not working and the Lakers need a pure shooter that can space the floor as well as get his own basket. Here are some possible names:

DeRozan
CP3
Beal
Waiters
Lowry
Conley jr
D Rose

Virtually none of those make sense...either basketball wise or money.

Player that Lakers could target that makes a ton of sense is ROCO.

Elite wing defender and comfortable just bombing 3's.

Would probably be hard to turn down as the Wolves to get a player 5 years younger on a cheaper contract.

scuzzy
12-25-2019, 09:46 AM
Is he white, can the mavs get him

DoctorP
12-25-2019, 10:03 AM
Virtually none of those make sense...either basketball wise or money.

Player that Lakers could target that makes a ton of sense is ROCO.

Elite wing defender and comfortable just bombing 3's.

Would probably be hard to turn down as the Wolves to get a player 5 years younger on a cheaper contract.

Covington is nice but would the Lakers be receiving enough back for the Kuz? TWolves make this deal.

DMAVS41
12-25-2019, 10:48 AM
Covington is nice but would the Lakers be receiving enough back for the Kuz? TWolves make this deal.

Depends on how the Lakers value Kuzma and how all-in they are willing to go for the title for the next couple years.

Covington just turned 29 so it isn't like he only has a couple years left or something. He's also on a nice contract...and gives them exactly what they need imo.

I'd do the deal if I was both teams, but I probably don't value Kuzma as high as a lot of people do.

Turbo Slayer
12-25-2019, 10:51 AM
Depends on how the Lakers value Kuzma and how all-in they are willing to go for the title for the next couple years.

Covington just turned 29 so it isn't like he only has a couple years left or something. He's also on a nice contract...and gives them exactly what they need imo.

I'd do the deal if I was both teams, but I probably don't value Kuzma as high as a lot of people do.
why Covington?

ArbitraryWater
12-25-2019, 10:56 AM
why Covington?

brah u stupid? it could only be cov after they didnt get bogdan or morris.

who else?

Turbo Slayer
12-25-2019, 11:01 AM
brah u stupid? it could only be cov after they didnt get bogdan or morris.

who else?
cool. cov then :cheers:

ArbitraryWater
12-25-2019, 11:02 AM
cool. cov then :cheers:

bra CMON!

merry xmas

DMAVS41
12-25-2019, 11:02 AM
why Covington?

He is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league and comfortable taking a lot of 3's.

He's on a team that is likely to start exploring trade options for the future.

If I'm the Lakers...I badly want to add another wing that can defend...because playing the Clippers...would be really tough on Lebron to run the offense and defend Leonard/George a lot.

Turbo Slayer
12-25-2019, 11:03 AM
bra CMON!

merry xmas

:roll:

MERRY XMAS!

Turbo Slayer
12-25-2019, 11:06 AM
He is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league and comfortable taking a lot of 3's.

He's on a team that is likely to start exploring trade options for the future.

If I'm the Lakers...I badly want to add another wing that can defend...because playing the Clippers...would be really tough on Lebron to run the offense and defend Leonard/George a lot.
cool

done deal :rockon:

dmavs is smart as hell man.

hope kuz shows up tonight.

Turbo Slayer
12-25-2019, 11:10 AM
should lakers get jr. smith?

FireDavidKahn
12-25-2019, 11:13 AM
No they don't. Trading RoCo for Kuzma is the exact opposite of what this team is trying to do.

Turbo Slayer
12-25-2019, 11:14 AM
hire the henny god

https://media.giphy.com/media/NQw3imFIEPAfC/giphy.gif

the goat!

HylianNightmare
12-25-2019, 11:23 AM
Covington

dreamshake
12-25-2019, 11:44 AM
No they don't. Trading RoCo for Kuzma is the exact opposite of what this team is trying to do.

Exactly DMAVS is dumb. Covington is way better than Kuzma. The last thing the Wolves need is another offensive player who can't play defense.

Also the Lakers already have Green to defend and knock down threes. Makes no sense to add Covington as a sixth man. It's not something he's good at.

The only way the Wolves make that trade is if it's Danny Green+Kyle Kuzma for Covington. Anything else is a rip-off and the Wolves immediately hang up the phone.

Shogon
12-25-2019, 11:52 AM
If the Lakers got Covington for Kuzma that

DoctorP
12-25-2019, 12:01 PM
[QUOTE=Shogon]If the Lakers got Covington for Kuzma that

DoctorP
12-25-2019, 12:02 PM
Exactly DMAVS is dumb. Covington is way better than Kuzma. The last thing the Wolves need is another offensive player who can't play defense.

Also the Lakers already have Green to defend and knock down threes. Makes no sense to add Covington as a sixth man. It's not something he's good at.

The only way the Wolves make that trade is if it's Danny Green+Kyle Kuzma for Covington. Anything else is a rip-off and the Wolves immediately hang up the phone.

Kuzma's role has been reduced due to LeBron. He was killing it and made the World Cup roster. He has value. WHat's wrong with having two 3/D guys? Don't the Clippers have multiple? :lol

Shogon
12-25-2019, 12:12 PM
OK, let's pretend Kuzma is trash as you say and his value is low. Would Lakers do Kuzma for Derrick Rose straight up? :lol

His value is low but it's not Derrick Rose low.

Dray n Klay
12-25-2019, 12:49 PM
Lets see if Kuzma puts more effort into playing D....

RealSkipBayless
12-25-2019, 02:18 PM
No thanks. He will get better as the season progresses.

He fits well with this team.

https://twitter.com/LakerFilmRoom/status/1209280803680571392?s=20

theballerFKA Ace
12-25-2019, 02:33 PM
Lakers need to gamble on him getting better because his value is trash this year. I knew the Lakers made a huge mistake in keeping him and letting YDK go. They should have pushed a Kuzma/Ball/Hart trade harder. I still can't believe all the Laker Fans who were on Team Kuzma vs Team Ingram when discussing on who to move this summer. :facepalm

I'd gladly take a RoCo trade at this point. At least we'd have a good wing defender on the floor at all times between KCP, RoCo and Caruso.

PeroAntic
12-25-2019, 02:55 PM
His value is low but it's not Derrick Rose low.
Dumb post. Rose is miles better than Kuzma right now. Per 36 minutes he has 25 points and 9 assists per game at 55% ts. This is better than his mvp numbers. Hes Pistons' best player on 7 million per year and one of the clutchest players in the league. With the defence that the Lakers would surround him, he's exactly what they need to push them over the line in a championship run.

DMAVS41
12-25-2019, 03:25 PM

It is about the value of getting a player 5 years younger. Covington doesn't make a lot of sense on a team going nowhere.

You cash that in and get a future asset. I'm not saying that has to be Kuzma if the Wolves just don't like him at all, but holding on to Covington long-term would be a mistake unless the Wolves think they can turn into a real team soon...because Covington has real value now. Better to try and rebuild this team now with Towns on the books for so long...can't be too long before he demands a trade if this shit franchise continues to waste him like they did with KG.

Covington makes a ton of sense on the Lakers...Covington isn't good at defending or knocking down 3's? I don't know what player you've been watching, but you couldn't be more wrong. 6th man is a meaningless term...he'd be in the closing/best lineups for this team regardless of whether or not he starts.

Covington is not worth Green/Kuzma...LOL...if he was that good...the Wolves wouldn't be bad yet again.

Bogdan is another guy that would make a lot of sense, but I'm hoping the Mavs get him.

FireDavidKahn
12-25-2019, 03:39 PM
It is about the value of getting a player 5 years younger. Covington doesn't make a lot of sense on a team going nowhere.

You cash that in and get a future asset. I'm not saying that has to be Kuzma if the Wolves just don't like him at all, but holding on to Covington long-term would be a mistake unless the Wolves think they can turn into a real team soon...because Covington has real value now. Better to try and rebuild this team now with Towns on the books for so long...can't be too long before he demands a trade if this shit franchise continues to waste him like they did with KG.

Covington makes a ton of sense on the Lakers...Covington isn't good at defending or knocking down 3's? I don't know what player you've been watching, but you couldn't be more wrong. 6th man is a meaningless term...he'd be in the closing/best lineups for this team regardless of whether or not he starts.

Covington is not worth Green/Kuzma...LOL...if he was that good...the Wolves wouldn't be bad yet again.
That's mainly because we are playing him at the 4 this year...:facepalm

Last year when he was defending from the wing he turned us into a top 10 defense for a while until he got injured.

He is still every bit as good on defense as he has ever been but only God knows why Saunders wants him guarding down low against the other teams big. He is being completely misused.

He'll command a decent haul and Kuzma doesn't add nearly as much offense to counter how bad he is on defense which would be the worst decision possible.

RoCo's days in Minny are numbered but I honestly can't tell you when it might happen. I could easily see our FO just keeping him to keep him.

DMAVS41
12-25-2019, 03:43 PM

Last year when he was defending from the wing he turned us into a top 10 defense for a while until he got injured.

He is still every bit as good on defense as he has ever been but only God knows why Saunders wants him guarding down low against the other teams big. He is being completely misused.

He'll command a decent haul and Kuzma doesn't add nearly as much offense to counter how bad he is on defense which would be the worst decision possible.

RoCo's days in Minny are numbered but I honestly can't tell you when it might happen. I could easily see our FO just keeping him to keep him.

You know I love Covington....and I'm not even arguing that would be a good deal for the Wolves. I wouldn't do it, but I could definitely see them or the Kings taking on a young player with potential like that for a Covington/Bogdan type...especially Bogdan as he's about to get paid and the Kings can't really afford that.

It just sucks. I'm sick of watching Towns play on bad teams.

It wouldn't be "bad" to keep him...it just likely won't be optimal unless they somehow turn it around. Nothing is certain, but it seems like this group probably isn't doing that anytime soon.

dreamshake
12-25-2019, 04:13 PM

Bogdan is another guy that would make a lot of sense, but I'm hoping the Mavs get him.

Lol at getting value with Kuzma. His contract is up this season and he's gonna get overpaid by some team next year. Wolves already learned that lesson with Wiggins. Are they stupid enough to make the same mistake again?

I never said Covington wasn't good at 3&D. Strawman. 6th man is not meaningless. Covington doesn't fit in the starting lineup on the Lakers team so that means you'd want him off the bench to lead the second unit. Guess what? That's not something he's ever been good at. He's not a scorer which is what you want your best bench player to be. Losing Kuzma for him would actually hurt the Lakers. He just doesn't fit.

DMAVS41
12-25-2019, 04:23 PM
Lol at getting value with Kuzma. His contract is up this season and he's gonna get overpaid by some team next year. Wolves already learned that lesson with Wiggins. Are they stupid enough to make the same mistake again?

I never said Covington wasn't good at 3&D. Strawman. 6th man is not meaningless. Covington doesn't fit in the starting lineup on the Lakers team so that means you'd want him off the bench to lead the second unit. Guess what? That's not something he's ever been good at. He's not a scorer which is what you want your best bench player to be. Losing Kuzma for him would actually hurt the Lakers. He just doesn't fit.

Kuzma's deal isn't up after this season.

Dumb franchises often repeat mistakes. Although I don't think it would be "dumb" to flip Covington for a younger asset, but the point is that losing franchises are consistent losers for a reason. I doubt the Wolves have "learned' much as they continue to waste great player after great player.

Covington would never be a player that "leads" a unit...of any kind. You seem confused as to what type of player he is if you think he's "leading" the second unit.

What he could and would do, however, is bolster the non-Lebron lineups with Davis on the court...and, of course, his real value would be in defending the likes of Leonard/George/Harden...and other great wings in order to let Lebron pick his spots more defensively while also running the offense...and not allow other teams to switch hunt when he's on the court with other decent defenders like Green/KCP/Bradley.

He'd, for sure, be part of most closing/best lineups for the Lakers with Green/Davis/Lebron...

LoneyROY7
12-25-2019, 04:33 PM
Forget LA. Covington needs to come to Houston.

dreamshake
12-25-2019, 04:49 PM
Kuzma's deal isn't up after this season.

Dumb franchises often repeat mistakes. Although I don't think it would be "dumb" to flip Covington for a younger asset, but the point is that losing franchises are consistent losers for a reason. I doubt the Wolves have "learned' much as they continue to waste great player after great player.

Covington would never be a player that "leads" a unit...of any kind. You seem confused as to what type of player he is if you think he's "leading" the second unit.

What he could and would do, however, is bolster the non-Lebron lineups with Davis on the court...and, of course, his real value would be in defending the likes of Leonard/George/Harden...and other great wings in order to let Lebron pick his spots more defensively while also running the offense...and not allow other teams to switch hunt when he's on the court with other decent defenders like Green/KCP/Bradley.

He'd, for sure, be part of most closing/best lineups for the Lakers with Green/Davis/Lebron...

Except Wolves would be asking for Green+Kuzma in return. Sorry your dream lineup is a pipe dream.

ArbitraryWater
12-25-2019, 04:55 PM
Except Wolves would be asking for Green+Kuzma in return. Sorry your dream lineup is a pipe dream.

You're retarded

DMAVS41
12-25-2019, 04:57 PM

I'm just thinking out loud dude...not even a Lakers fan...so there is nothing about a dream lineup for me.

And there is no way Covington is worth Green/Kuzma.

Xiao Yao You
12-25-2019, 05:18 PM

What team doesn't Covington make sense for?

Shogon
12-25-2019, 05:30 PM
Dumb post. Rose is miles better than Kuzma right now. Per 36 minutes he has 25 points and 9 assists per game at 55% ts. This is better than his mvp numbers. Hes Pistons' best player on 7 million per year and one of the clutchest players in the league. With the defence that the Lakers would surround him, he's exactly what they need to push them over the line in a championship run.

You believe the Pistons could get Kuzma for Rose?

Their trade values aren't the same. I made no commentary about their effectiveness as players.

Kuzma's trade value is higher, stfu.

PeroAntic
12-25-2019, 05:42 PM
You believe the Pistons could get Kuzma for Rose?

Their trade values aren't the same. I made no commentary about their effectiveness as players.

Kuzma's trade value is higher, stfu.
The only thing Kuzma has going for him is age. But Lakers are in win now mode and LeGM has already recruited Rose before. They could perfectly offer Kuzma for Rose.

Shogon
12-25-2019, 05:44 PM
The only thing Kuzma has going for him is age. But Lakers are in win now mode and LeGM has already recruited Rose before. They could perfectly offer Kuzma for Rose.

"Only" thing as if that's irrelevant.

Kuzma's trade value is higher.

S. T. F. U.

DMAVS41
12-25-2019, 05:45 PM
What team doesn't Covington make sense for?

Teams that aren't trying to win now.

But yea...he's portable to just about any team.

RRR3
12-25-2019, 05:46 PM
According to ImKobe Kuzma is as good as Khris Middleton

RealSkipBayless
12-25-2019, 10:21 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

qrich
12-25-2019, 10:22 PM
I'm just thinking out loud dude...not even a Lakers fan...so there is nothing about a dream lineup for me.

And there is no way Covington is worth Green/Kuzma.

Green and Kuz for RoCo is a lot closer than Kuz straight up for RoCo

DMAVS41
12-25-2019, 10:50 PM
Green and Kuz for RoCo is a lot closer than Kuz straight up for RoCo

It isn't, but you can't even do Kuz for Covington straight up...the math doesn't work....so it would never be them straight up for each other.

The age of and potential plus 2 years left on rookie contract...matter for the trade value of a guy like Kuzma.

You really don't think other franchises are watching this game right now? Watching Kuzma drop 25 or whatever through 3 qtrs...see what he did his first 2 years as a scorer...and not get intrigued about getting a 24 year old like him?

I'm not even saying they'd be right...I'm just saying that you guys seem to ignore age, a lot, when it comes to trade value.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-25-2019, 10:52 PM
According to ImKobe Kuzma is as good as Khris Middleton

thread backfire:roll: :roll:

Kuzma the only reason Lakers arent getting blown out right now:roll:

hes one of the best non-star scoring wings in the league and a good wing defender

for his salary no player in the league is remotely close to his level as an overall player

qrich
12-25-2019, 10:53 PM
It isn't, but you can't even do Kuz for Covington straight up...the math doesn't work....so it would never be them straight up for each other.

The age of and potential plus 2 years left on rookie contract...matter for the trade value of a guy like Kuzma.

Of course it wouldn't be straight up, but nothing else the Lakers can/will realistically add make a dent. RoCo has much higher value than Kuzma for numerous purposes. He's a good microwave player that will have a huge output like today once in every 8 games or so, if that, but, when he isn't on, is very inefficient and provides little of anything else.

DMAVS41
12-25-2019, 10:58 PM
Of course it wouldn't be straight up, but nothing else the Lakers can/will realistically add make a dent. RoCo has much higher value than Kuzma for numerous purposes. He's a good microwave player that will have a huge output like today once in every 8 games or so, if that, but, when he isn't on, is very inefficient and provides little of anything else.

I tend to agree about how I would value Kuzma.

However, you make it seem like that is how the entire league would value him...and I don't think that is true. Again, just a game like today is going to impact his trade value in a legit way.

Teams not going anywhere are going to take chances on young players with potential like Kuzma.

Also, while I love Covington...he's now getting a bit over-rated.

qrich
12-25-2019, 11:06 PM
I tend to agree about how I would value Kuzma.

However, you make it seem like that is how the entire league would value him...and I don't think that is true. Again, just a game like today is going to impact his trade value in a legit way.

Teams not going anywhere are going to take chances on young players with potential like Kuzma.

Also, while I love Covington...he's now getting a bit over-rated.
Sure, but we aren't talking about teams that have no endgame in sight.

We are talking about these two teams right here, and the Wolves wouldn't consider swapping RoCo for Kuzma. They already have one defenseless wing/tweener, why would they want a second that isn't moving the needle for them?

I'm sure if they put RoCo on the market, they'd get much better offers than just Kuzma and salary fodder.

DMAVS41
12-25-2019, 11:09 PM
Sure, but we aren't talking about teams that have no endgame in sight.

We are talking about these two teams right here, and the Wolves wouldn't consider swapping RoCo for Kuzma. They already have one defenseless wing/tweener, why would they want a second that isn't moving the needle for them?

I'm sure if they put RoCo on the market, they'd get much better offers than just Kuzma and salary fodder.

Perhaps, I honestly don't know what a terrible franchise like the Wolves would do.

But, again, I think we are both on the low-end of valuing Kuzma...maybe we are right...maybe not. I don't think it would be unreasonable to value him higher than I do.

PickernRoller
12-25-2019, 11:26 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

qrich
12-25-2019, 11:29 PM
Perhaps, I honestly don't know what a terrible franchise like the Wolves would do.

But, again, I think we are both on the low-end of valuing Kuzma...maybe we are right...maybe not. I don't think it would be unreasonable to value him higher than I do.

I think Minnesota's new front office will turn this team around and get them into playoff "lock" territory soon, and RoCo is the kind of high character guy they need.

I know the following won't happen, but *IF* Nurkic comes back healthy, and the Wolves like Collins, I could see a deal of Zach Collins + FRP for RoCo being one that works for both sides.

DoctorP
12-27-2019, 07:37 AM
Minnesota trading for Kuzma would be about upside. Would a prime Kuzma, Towns and Wiggins be a formidable big 3 in 3-6 years?

ImKobe
12-27-2019, 07:41 AM

DeRozan
CP3
Beal
Waiters
Lowry
Conley jr
D Rose

https://pics.me.me/yall-got-anymore-of-them-playmakers-lebron-james-be-like-22386299.png

DoctorP
12-27-2019, 07:42 AM
https://pics.me.me/yall-got-anymore-of-them-playmakers-lebron-james-be-like-22386299.png

he needs a closer. he should try to get Kyrie again. He might be available now.

ImKobe
12-27-2019, 07:44 AM
he needs a closer. he should try to get Kyrie again. He might be available now.

Brooklyn is not trading him. He's the reason KD went there so they're at least going to try to play together next season.

DoctorP
12-27-2019, 07:45 AM
Brooklyn is not trading him. He's the reason KD went there so they're at least going to try to play together next season.

durants already signed so it could be done. i do want to see them together tho

ImKobe
12-27-2019, 07:50 AM
durants already signed so it could be done.

I just don't see that happening this season, we would have to be able to move at least 3-4 guys to make the salaries match in the first place so we would likely destroy our defense and roster depth to get him, unless we found a way to trade Lebron.

DoctorP
12-27-2019, 07:52 AM
I just don't see that happening this season, we would have to be able to move at least 3-4 guys to make the salaries match in the first place so we would likely destroy our defense and roster depth to get him, unless we found a way to trade Lebron.

yeah. its a pipe dream

DoctorP
12-27-2019, 08:09 AM

in the Clipper game Kuz had a good outing. Led the team with a +10.

https://i.imgur.com/Zbd63Yk.jpg

Bosnian Sajo
12-27-2019, 10:12 AM
Regressing? He just had his best game of the season, genius.

Bosnian Sajo
12-27-2019, 10:24 AM

Biggest and most annoying Myth about Kyle Kuzma out there is this in bold...he actually CAN defend and does so pretty damn well. Not a superstar defender, but he can more than hold his own.

Kuzma gets the most hate out of any Lakers player in the past 10 years minus Kobe Bryant, I really don't get it. Is it the Lebron stans needing a scapegoat?

It's pretty simple, Kuzma makes the Lakers a better team. He is the best offensive player off the bench and commands attention from the defense, which in return takes the pressure off the rest of the guys and gets them more open shots.

Even when he's missing, he's putting the ball in prime position for one of the big men to clean it up. For his contract and his age, the Lakers 100% should not trade him. Hold onto him. Kuz is only going to get better, and he's already pretty damn good.

Bosnian Sajo
12-27-2019, 10:26 AM
Lakers need to gamble on him getting better because his value is trash this year. I knew the Lakers made a huge mistake in keeping him and letting YDK go. They should have pushed a Kuzma/Ball/Hart trade harder. I still can't believe all the Laker Fans who were on Team Kuzma vs Team Ingram when discussing on who to move this summer. :facepalm

I'd gladly take a RoCo trade at this point. At least we'd have a good wing defender on the floor at all times between KCP, RoCo and Caruso.

They did not keep Kuzma over BI because they thought he was better...it was because trading BI opened up a 3rd max spot on the roster which was at the time being allocated for Kawhi.

Bosnian Sajo
12-27-2019, 10:30 AM

You're 100% talking out of your ass, it's UNBELIEVABLE.

Kuzma is literally a better defender than Lebron this year. This is a fact, if you watch Lakers games you'd not question that one bit. I've literally watched every Lakers game.

If there is ANY topic where you should take heed of what I'm saying, it's when the Lakers are in question. Kuzma is not a bad defender, this is a myth.

Manny98
12-27-2019, 10:31 AM
Biggest and most annoying Myth about Kyle Kuzma out there is this in bold...he actually CAN defend and does so pretty damn well. Not a superstar defender, but he can more than hold his own.

He's a negative in every single defensive metric :roll:

Bosnian Sajo
12-27-2019, 10:36 AM

Stick all those defensive metrics up your ass lol.

Avery Bradley is a negative in those metrics too, yet people can't get enough of his defensive play this year.

Bosnian Sajo
12-27-2019, 10:39 AM
After Kuz got torched by Siakam earlier in the year is when I started noticing a difference. Mind you that was one of his early games coming back from injury, he struggled early on to get himself in shape (missed training camp...preseason...start of season).

He's been doing just fine since and as of late, has found the confidence he's been lacking this season. Dude is playing good ball and is a huge piece of the bench, we SORELY missed him when he was out...one of those games, our bench only scored 4 points. Kuz ain't going nowhere.

DoctorP
12-27-2019, 10:40 AM
Regressing? He just had his best game of the season, genius.

read the post right before yours, genius.

(retard)

Bosnian Sajo
12-27-2019, 10:44 AM
read the post right before yours, genius.

(retard)

I apologize that I didn't read all 51 posts before responding to your OP, dipshit.

superduper
12-27-2019, 10:47 AM

Maybe you should actually try to watch basketball for once and stop jerking off to Microsoft Excel spreadsheets. These kids literally think basketball is played on paper these days :facepalm

DoctorP
12-27-2019, 10:49 AM
I apologize that I didn't read all 51 posts before responding to your OP, dipshit.

it was literally 1 post before yours you burnt sausage

Bosnian Sajo
12-27-2019, 10:51 AM
it was literally 1 post before yours you burnt sausage

Yea, and I didn't read it. I opened your thread, read that you think Kuzma is regressing as a player, and hit quick reply.

Maybe if it bothers you so much, you should edit your OP? Or if not at least don't be an ass?

DoctorP
12-27-2019, 10:52 AM
Yea, and I didn't read it. I opened your thread, read that you think Kuzma is regressing as a player, and hit quick reply.

Maybe if it bothers you so much, you should edit your OP? Or if not at least don't be an ass?

nah, **** it. but Kuzmas stats have def taken a hit. This is a guy repeatedly hitting 30-40 pt games a little while back. Dont you think he has regressed in a support role?

sammichoffate
12-27-2019, 11:01 AM
nah, **** it. but Kuzmas stats have def taken a hit. This is a guy repeatedly hitting 30-40 pt games a little while back. Dont you think he has regressed in a support role?That's like expecting Kevin Love or Chris Bosh to average 25ppg as a fking third option with LeBron/Kyrie or LeBron/Wade on your team, Kuzma's doing fine dude :lol

Gileraracer
12-27-2019, 11:06 AM
Just give Lebron some more help man :mad:

DoctorP
12-27-2019, 11:07 AM
That's like expecting Kevin Love or Chris Bosh to average 25ppg as a fking third option with LeBron/Kyrie or LeBron/Wade on your team, Kuzma's doing fine dude :lol

hes too young to be relegated to that sub role. he needs to be UNLEASHED

plus LAKERS CAN GET A DEFENSIVE PLAYER IN ROCO

Bosnian Sajo
12-27-2019, 11:18 AM
hes too young to be relegated to that sub role. he needs to be UNLEASHED

plus LAKERS CAN GET A DEFENSIVE PLAYER IN ROCO

Lakers have plenty of defensive players...what they lack is players that can score on their own. Kuzma is one of 3 players on this team that can consistently score without having Rondo/Bron set up a play for em.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love RoCo on this team. But if it mean't trading Kuzma PLUS KCP or Green (salary)? Nah, no thank you.

DoctorP
12-27-2019, 11:21 AM
Lakers have plenty of defensive players...what they lack is players that can score on their own. Kuzma is one of 3 players on this team that can consistently score without having Rondo/Bron set up a play for em.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love RoCo on this team. But if it mean't trading Kuzma PLUS KCP or Green (salary)? Nah, no thank you.

you should get ROCO and ROSE. **** trading Green. Kuzmas woorth too damn much

sammichoffate
12-27-2019, 11:24 AM

Don't get me wrong, I'd love RoCo on this team. But if it mean't trading Kuzma PLUS KCP or Green (salary)? Nah, no thank you.If anything, this is the perfect fit for him because he can have less PPG but shoot at a better efficiency with LeBron/AD drawing double teams.

That's an awful trade for the Lakers, Lakers are top 3 in defense this year already. They need a scoring creator like Dillion Brooks or Alec Burks.

DMAVS41
12-27-2019, 11:51 AM

The problem is that it isn't about what the team looks like against most teams...it is about how they matchup with a team like the Clippers.

Nobody on the team currently is checking Leonard consistently well.

It is a real problem.

Against most teams? They are fine, but not against the Clippers.

It it is all about winning the title...which it should be...they need another defender on the wing.

PickernRoller
12-27-2019, 11:55 AM
Duh... holla Iggy.

And Clippers fans will say... we gotta lock this shit, AD is a big issue for us. Holla Tristan Thompson.

Check check.

Bosnian Sajo
12-27-2019, 12:15 PM
The problem is that it isn't about what the team looks like against most teams...it is about how they matchup with a team like the Clippers.

It is a real problem.

It it is all about winning the title...which it should be...they need another defender on the wing.

You have a point.

But at the same time, it's only been 2 games. You aren't wrong, it is true that the matchup vs the Clippers is more important than any other team...idk man. I'm not freaking out about it.

As far as Kawhi goes, he's the most complete player in the league and imo the best in the league. You can't shut the guy down, you can only hope to contain him. And even that may not work in the playoffs, but it's a damn good thing we have a roster full of defenders who can work on shutting down the rest of the team.

Christmas game, the team forced PG to shoot 28% from the field and Lou Will 17%.

In general, the Clippers are a full blown ISSUE man. I don't think 1 trade or pickup, whatever it is, will put either team over the other. Too many variables, too many players who have the capability of stepping up....this will be one HELL of a matchup in the playoffs. If anything worried me from this game against the Clips, it's the fact that Zubac and Montrezl played so well against AD/Dwight/McGee. Those big guys are top notch low post defenders, they gotta step up and at least make Zu/Trez shoot a lower percentage.

You can say the Clipps are the favorites for now and I wouldn't necessarily disagree, but it doesn't worry me knowing how good the Lakers are and that a 7 game series could truly go either way.

The buyout market this year will be HUGE for the Lakers though. We need some Mo Harkless, Andre Igoudala type player to add to this team. To take Jared Dudley's spot basically.

DMAVS41
12-27-2019, 12:19 PM
You have a point.

But at the same time, it's only been 2 games. You aren't wrong, it is true that the matchup vs the Clippers is more important than any other team...idk man. I'm not freaking out about it.

As far as Kawhi goes, he's the most complete player in the league and imo the best in the league. You can't shut the guy down, you can only hope to contain him. And even that may not work in the playoffs, but it's a damn good thing we have a roster full of defenders who can work on shutting down the rest of the team.

Christmas game, the team forced PG to shoot 28% from the field and Lou Will 17%.

In general, the Clippers are a full blown ISSUE man. I don't think 1 trade or pickup, whatever it is, will put either team over the other. Too many variables, too many players who have the capability of stepping up....this will be one HELL of a matchup in the playoffs.

You can say the Clipps are the favorites for now and I wouldn't necisseraly disagree, but it doesn't worry me knowing how good the Lakers are and that a 7 game series could truly go either way.

The buyout market this year will be HUGE for the Lakers though. We need some Mo Harkless, Andre Igoudala type player to add to this team. To take Jared Dudley's spot basically.

I'm not arguing they have to trade Kuzma or anything.

They could add nothing and still win. I don't like their chances in that case, but certainly possible.

My point was just that all those ratings really don't mean as much when a team is title or bust.

The closing 5 man unit on the Lakers, on both ends, is problematic when graded on a title or bust curve. I'd make a move or two if I was them knowing that and the time restrictions on this team.

DoctorP
12-27-2019, 12:21 PM
You have a point.

In general, the Clippers are a full blown ISSUE man. I don't think 1 trade or pickup, whatever it is, will put either team over the other. Too many variables, too many players who have the capability of stepping up....this will be one HELL of a matchup in the playoffs. If anything worried me from this game against the Clips, it's the fact that Zubac and Montrezl played so well against AD/Dwight/McGee. Those big guys are top notch low post defenders, they gotta step up and at least make Zu/Trez shoot a lower percentage.

You can say the Clipps are the favorites for now and I wouldn't necessarily disagree, but it doesn't worry me knowing how good the Lakers are and that a 7 game series could truly go either way.

buy out? you get those low rent f'ers you gonnsa get burned like bernie. you need to max out your chip in the young kuz. and you need a closer like Rose.

Bosnian Sajo
12-27-2019, 12:23 PM
buy out? you get those low rent f'ers you gonnsa get burned like bernie. you need to max out your chip in the young kuz. and you need a closer like Rose.

Kuz is here to stay.

DMAVS41
12-27-2019, 12:31 PM
Kuz is here to stay.

Perhaps, but if they could turn him and Cook, for example, into Bogdan?

I don't know...feels stupid not to do that given the shelf-life of this team.

Bogdan/Green/Lebron/Davis...and maybe get a buyout to help defend....

That seems way more likely to win than trying to play Kuzma/Lebron/Davis together.

Bosnian Sajo
12-27-2019, 12:47 PM
Perhaps, but if they could turn him and Cook, for example, into Bogdan?

I don't know...feels stupid not to do that given the shelf-life of this team.

Bogdan/Green/Lebron/Davis...and maybe get a buyout to help defend....

That seems way more likely to win than trying to play Kuzma/Lebron/Davis together.

I'd rather release Kuzma, Bron, and AD to free agency than trade for Bogdan :oldlol:

What is so good about Bogdan, anyways? Is he a good defender? He definitely isn't a bigger offensive threat than Kuz..

DMAVS41
12-27-2019, 12:51 PM
I'd rather release Kuzma, Bron, and AD to free agency than trade for Bogdan :oldlol:

What is so good about Bogdan, anyways? Is he a good defender? He definitely isn't a bigger offensive threat than Kuz..

He's a nice player that happens to be part of exactly what the Lakers need.

They need, imo, a little more firepower from the guard position...a player that can not only drill open 3's like Bogdan can, but create for himself and other as well.

He's not a great defender, but he'd be fine imo playing on a team next to guys like Green/Lebron/Davis.

He makes way more sense on this team than Kuzma.

You add Bodgan and get another wing defender...team gets considerably better than what they have now.

JVG even mentioned during the game...he talked about the Lakers will be looking to add some offense.

That is why this team crumbles on offense without Lebron...they just don't have anyone else that can consistently do much offensively. Works great if Lebron can play a ton of minutes and a ton of games, but at the end of the day even if that all goes perfectly...you still aren't going to want Rondo out there closing games in the playoffs.

Just doesn't make sense.

dreamshake
12-27-2019, 12:55 PM

It is a real problem.

Uhh how about LeBron and AD step up to check Leonard defensively? You can't pretend they're not even trying. Green is already capable. As is Dudley. How many ****ing defenders do they need?

The team's issue is having a consistent third star. Kuzma is not there yet. Lakers should call up the Cavs and offer Green, Kuzma and Howard for Kevin Love.

DMAVS41
12-27-2019, 01:01 PM
Uhh how about LeBron and AD step up to check Leonard defensively? You can't pretend they're not even trying. Green is already capable. As is Dudley. How many ****ing defenders do they need?

The team's issue is having a consistent third star. Kuzma is not there yet. Lakers should call up the Cavs and offer Green, Kuzma and Howard for Kevin Love.

If you are the Lakers...you are trying to build the best team possible.

Not sure why you wouldn't.....you realize they don't care about narratives about Lebron needing help or Davis being empty stats or whatever shit you guys say.

You try to build the team that most likely wins the title.

And, no, this team doesn't need Kevin Love for the package you talk about.

In a perfect world, this team would add a guard that could create his own shot and add a 3/D wing to help defend the likes of Harden/Leonard/George/Giannis...etc.

That is how franchises think.

They don't ever say "how much help does Lebron need"....LOL

Bosnian Sajo
12-27-2019, 01:03 PM

This is by far the worst trade idea I've seen yet for the Lakers...you can't be serious.

Trading Kuz is one thing, you wanna trade Green AND Howard?

I gotta stop reading these trade ideas lol.

Bosnian Sajo
12-27-2019, 01:06 PM
I respect the opinions, ofc...I personally don't think a trade is needed. I think the team is fine as it is, and if they can add Iggy or another vet off the buyout market down the line, do it.

If not, roll with what ya got. KCP, Bradley, and Green are more than capable at the SG spot. If it doesn't work, you got next off season to make these moves if need be. But I really do think the team will be just fine.

dreamshake
12-27-2019, 01:08 PM
This is by far the worst trade idea I've seen yet for the Lakers...you can't be serious.

Trading Kuz is one thing, you wanna trade Green AND Howard?

I gotta stop reading these trade ideas lol.

Kuz will be overpaid in a couple years. Think Andrew Wiggins contract. Green has been underwhelming. If we have to throw in vet min Howard for 20/10 Kevin Love? I do that in a heartbeat.

Plus there's something satisfying about seeing Dwight Howard rot in Cleveland after the shit he pulled with the Lakers back in 2012.

Bosnian Sajo
12-27-2019, 01:17 PM
Kuz will be overpaid in a couple years. Think Andrew Wiggins contract. Green has been underwhelming. If we have to throw in vet min Howard for 20/10 Kevin Love? I do that in a heartbeat.

Plus there's something satisfying about seeing Dwight Howard rot in Cleveland after the shit he pulled with the Lakers back in 2012.

In what world is Love still a 20/10 player?

How has Green been underwhelming, because he's not shooting a career high 45.5% from three like he did last year? He's still shooting a more than respectable 38% from three and doing fine as a defender/off ball player.

Howard is a player who has fully bought in and accepted a role as a rebounder/defender, a guy who can cleanup down low when need be. Why would you want to give that up?

Kuz still has a year left on his deal after this year, so that point is a wee bit irrelevant...even though I seriously doubt he will get paid Wiggins money.

Kevin Love, dude?

DoctorP
12-27-2019, 01:19 PM
It's funny that both the Mavs and the Lakers have the same needs at this point and are both one player away from a potential dynasty.

Bron and Luka. Mirror images.

(mavs could use a lil more rebounding tho)

Derrick Rose would kill off the bench on these teams. it's a lock.

Bosnian Sajo
12-27-2019, 01:22 PM
Except Luka isn't shooting floater one legged threes in the 4th quarter when your team is down by 3 pts....

Everybody talking about how Kuzma isn't doing well, Green is underwhelming (dont get that, but ok)....how about Lebron making boneheaded plays in the 4th? No timeout, bring the ball up yourself only for Pat Bev to block your shot and make you throw it out of bounds...

I know, lets trade Lebron! <--- that's how the vast majority of you react to the rest of the Lakers team when something doesn't go right.

dreamshake
12-27-2019, 01:24 PM
In what world is Love still a 20/10 player?

How has Green been underwhelming, because he's not shooting a career high 45.5% from three like he did last year? He's still shooting a more than respectable 38% from three and doing fine as a defender/off ball player.

Howard is a player who has fully bought in and accepted a role as a rebounder/defender, a guy who can cleanup down low when need be. Why would you want to give that up?

Kuz still has a year left on his deal after this year, so that point is a wee bit irrelevant...even though I seriously doubt he will get paid Wiggins money.

Kevin Love, dude?

Regarding Green, but I'm tired seeing him and Bradley have 6pts in 38 minutes played. It's just not gonna cut it for a starting SG. JR Smith is a way better fit on this team.

Kevin Love has already proven he can put up 20/10. The Cavs are trying to tank so don't look too much into the numbers this season.

You seem to be forgetting that LeBron has already won a ring with Kevin Love. The chemistry is already there.

Bosnian Sajo
12-27-2019, 01:24 PM
It's funny that both the Mavs and the Lakers have the same needs at this point and are both one player away from a potential dynasty.

Bron and Luka. Mirror images.

(mavs could use a lil more rebounding tho)

Derrick Rose would kill off the bench on these teams. it's a lock.

Bruh, NOBODY wants DRose on a title contender. My god.

Bosnian Sajo
12-27-2019, 01:26 PM
JR Smith is a way better fit on this team.

:)

Somebody shoot me in the fcking Groin so that I can feel what Lebron would feel reading this comment.

DoctorP
12-27-2019, 01:29 PM
Bruh, NOBODY wants DRose on a title contender. My god.

thats cray

he's playing great ball. one of the best closers in the game right now. Kyrie level.

dreamshake
12-27-2019, 01:31 PM

Two words. Kevin Love.
Another three words. **** Dwight Howard.

sammichoffate
12-27-2019, 01:33 PM
I'm convinced these posters are trolling you aside from DMavs, Sajo. Trade for Kevin Love and fking JR Smith? There's no way this isn't trolling :roll:

DoctorP
12-27-2019, 01:34 PM
I'm convinced these posters are trolling you aside from DMavs, Sajo. Trade for Kevin Love and fking JR Smith? There's no way this isn't trolling :roll:

trolls gonna troll, doggo

dreamshake
12-27-2019, 01:35 PM

JR Smith can't be traded. Lakers can sign him outright.

sammichoffate
12-27-2019, 01:39 PM
trolls gonna troll, doggoI'll give you the benefit of the doubt, Rose would actually be pretty great but Lakers don't have anything they can use to grab him from Detroit.

DoctorP
12-27-2019, 01:46 PM
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, Rose would actually be pretty great but Lakers don't have anything they can use to grab him from Detroit.

gotta finagle a two-or-three team trade and move rondo, Kuz, some picks and other bench dudez

lebrons so close. he can taste it

he leaves only scorched franchises behind but he get da ring like sauron

superduper
12-27-2019, 02:55 PM
Imagine prime Kobe had 20ppg Kuzma as 4th option instead of 8ppg 39%fg Derek Fisher :oldlol:

PP34Deuce
12-27-2019, 03:18 PM
Kuzma isnt a problem really. Cheap contract and while inconsistent..is a antawn Jamison type player that's good to have regardless.

Honestly kcp has been good the last 2 weeks.

The laker lost to denver without lebron and lost to 2 teams who are championship contenders with players better than their own.

Last year Luke Walton was a problem but coaching is not a problem for the lakers. Lebron has been shaky closing tight games this season. That's just the fact. No finger pointing...

He choked milwaukee and he choked LAC. He owes his team at least 2 3 games for that.

DoctorP
12-27-2019, 03:22 PM
Kuzma isnt a problem really. Cheap contract and while inconsistent..is a antawn Jamison type player that's good to have regardless.

Honestly kcp has been good the last 2 weeks.

The laker lost to denver without lebron and lost to 2 teams who are championship contenders with players better than their own.

Last year Luke Walton was a problem but coaching is not a problem for the lakers. Lebron has been shaky closing tight games this season. That's just the fact. No finger pointing...

He choked milwaukee and he choked LAC. He owes his team at least 2 3 games for that.

yeah and the way to improve is by trading your best tradeable asset so he can flourish and be a star like Ingram is doing

this.is.trading.kuzma.thread.

PP34Deuce
12-27-2019, 03:33 PM
yeah and the way to improve is by trading your best tradeable asset so he can flourish and be a star like Ingram is doing

this.is.trading.kuzma.thread.

Lol unless your getting a caliber lou Williams, Spencer dimwitty the only option you can do is go for a stretch big who creates space for AD to operate.

Or pray that Quinn cook and Daniel's can hit 3s and not give up a 3 everytime.

I think getting a stretch big would be better and easier to find. People dont give up athletic scoring combo guards nowadays that can shoot the 3.

DoctorP
12-27-2019, 03:34 PM
Lol unless your getting a caliber lou Williams, Spencer dimwitty the only option you can do is go for a stretch big who creates space for AD to operate.

Or pray that Quinn cook and Daniel's can hit 3s and not give up a 3 everytime.

I think getting a stretch big would be better and easier to find. People dont give up athletic scoring combo guards nowadays that can shoot the 3.

Dion Waiters is available :lol

DoctorP
12-27-2019, 10:50 PM
https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2019/12/screen-shot-2019-12-27-at-9.51.23-am.png

it has begun.

NBASTATMAN
12-28-2019, 12:36 AM

It is a real problem.

DMAVS actually knows whats up... The Lakers have no chance vs the CLIPS if the CLIPS are healthy.. This team won 50 without PG AND KAWHI... They have four of the best defenders in the league on their team. PG, KAWHI, BEVERLY AND HARRELL.. Lou Williams led this team to 49 wins last season after they got rid of a bunch of talent.

The Lakers need a defender that can switch on Kawhi on those pick and rolls.. Iggy is old but he would def help.

Then they should try and get Delly from Cleveland, yea I know he is a scrub but he competes at a high level like Beverly.. He would def give this Laker team that edge it needs .. Those are two guys that don't look like much but would help make a difference.. Still they would have a hard time beating the CLIPS but I think those two players make them both tougher and better

DoctorP
01-06-2020, 09:07 PM
latest...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2870007-potential-trade-packages-and-landing-spots-for-lakers-kyle-kuzma?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

Lakers getting robbed of value in these offers....

Bogdanovic deal is the best.

Throw in Rose with Galloway somehow and maybe...

Kingwillball
01-06-2020, 10:58 PM
latest...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2870007-potential-trade-packages-and-landing-spots-for-lakers-kyle-kuzma?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

Lakers getting robbed of value in these offers....

Bogdanovic deal is the best.

Throw in Rose with Galloway somehow and maybe...

I would not give Bradley I would do cook and kuzma for Bogdonovic and add collision as FA pickup..those two moves would make Lakers the favorites IMO..

DoctorP
01-06-2020, 11:00 PM
I would not give Bradley I would do cook and kuzma for Bogdonovic and add collision as FA pickup..those two moves would make Lakers the favorites IMO..

if Kings are dumb enough to gift you Bogs...you won't even need Collison. Pick up Iguodala and call it a finals.

DMAVS41
01-06-2020, 11:07 PM
if Kings are dumb enough to gift you Bogs...you won't even need Collison. Pick up Iguodala and call it a finals.

Bogdan is about to get paid and the Kings can't afford to pay him.

I love Bogdan, but I'm not sure how high his value is considering that. He is restricted so that is key, but I'm not sure how many teams are willing to give up an asset and then pay him a considerable amount. He's not old or anything, but you aren't getting a guy that is going to be a core piece for 10 years or something.

DoctorP
01-06-2020, 11:09 PM
Bogdan is about to get paid and the Kings can't afford to pay him.

I love Bogdan, but I'm not sure how high his value is considering that. He is restricted so that is key, but I'm not sure how many teams are willing to give up an asset and then pay him a considerable amount. He's not old or anything, but you aren't getting a guy that is going to be a core piece for 10 years or something.

last year, before this idiot coach took over, he was clutch and leading the team to wins with DFox. Now he's getting traded? Thats regression. Thats on the Kings.

DMAVS41
01-06-2020, 11:11 PM
last year, before this idiot coach took over, he was clutch and leading the team to wins with DFox. Now he's getting traded? Thats regression. Thats on the Kings.

I'm not saying they are smart...just that he's the odd man out and that it honestly wouldn't make a lot of sense to pay him when they aren't good and can flip him for a cheaper/younger player.

But, yes, these are the positions bad franchises put themselves in with the kind of idiotic contracts they gave out for a non-contending team.

My point was simply that I think Bogdan, despite being really good, might have a little less trade value than most think given his contract situation and age.

DoctorP
01-06-2020, 11:13 PM
I'm not saying they are smart...just that he's the odd man out and that it honestly wouldn't make a lot of sense to pay him when they aren't good and can flip him for a cheaper/younger player.

But, yes, these are the positions bad franchises put themselves in with the kind of idiotic contracts they gave out for a non-contending team.

My point was simply that I think Bogdan, despite being really good, might have a little less trade value than most think given his contract situation and age.

i hear you. my point is that his value is low because this coach sux and Lakers are going to get a steal.

DMAVS41
01-06-2020, 11:15 PM
i hear you. my point is that his value is low because this coach sux and Lakers are going to get a steal.

If they give up Kuzma/Cook, for example, I think it makes a lot sense for the Lakers, but I wouldn't call it a steal.

DoctorP
01-06-2020, 11:16 PM
If they give up Kuzma/Cook, for example, I think it makes a lot sense for the Lakers, but I wouldn't call it a steal.

I have a high regard for Bogs and Kuzma but I think Bogs is more clutch. Cook is a throw in. I don't care about cook :lol .

DMAVS41
01-06-2020, 11:20 PM
I have a high regard for Bogs and Kuzma but I think Bogs is more clutch. Cook is a throw in. I don't care about cook :lol .

I don't value Cook either...I was just using him as I think he's probably the guy to include.

I just wouldn't say that a team getting Kuzma on his rookie deal for an expiring Bogdan due for a large payday is a steal.

But I'd definitely rather be the Lakers in that deal.

DoctorP
01-06-2020, 11:21 PM
I don't value Cook either...I was just using him as I think he's probably the guy to include.

I just wouldn't say that a team getting Kuzma on his rookie deal for an expiring Bogdan due for a large payday is a steal.

But I'd definitely rather be the Lakers in that deal.

enough said.

https://media.giphy.com/media/aLTFHi2aowjJe/giphy.gif

nashwade
01-06-2020, 11:34 PM
getting Rose will be sick

insidehoops
02-24-2020, 03:22 PM
Still not sure exactly how much I like (or don't like) Kuzma as a player. It sorta changes a lot, more so than with most other players.