PDA

View Full Version : Are the Lakers a lottery team without Anthony Davis?

PickernRoller
12-26-2019, 11:40 PM
I think it's more than fair to ask this question after all we've seen this season. The turn arounds, the up and downs and the heated battles.

Simply speaking, would this Lakers team, as currently constructed, without Anthony Davis or a suitable replacement.... like lots of teams out there with one "star" only.... will that Laker team be good enough to make the playoffs in the West?

Do consider past experiences, previous seasons etc...

stalkerforlife
12-26-2019, 11:43 PM
See last season.

And1AllDay
12-27-2019, 12:31 AM
bran leads the league in RPM

by a margin

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm

you lose again cuck :oldlol:

1. bran at 9.95
2. giannis at 7.56
3. kawhi at 6.65
4. harden at 6.40
54. anthony davis at 2.54 :oldlol:

ad no where to be found :oldlol:

PickernRoller
12-27-2019, 12:34 AM
The question wasn't whether Bran leads the league in RPM little guy.... :oldlol: :oldlol:

Why so pressed?

stalkerforlife
12-27-2019, 12:35 AM
Bran is staggered to play big minutes against opposing benches.

And stat pads when games are virtually over.

SpaceJam2
12-27-2019, 12:39 AM
bran leads the league in RPM

by a margin

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm

you lose again cuck :oldlol:

1. bran at 9.95
2. giannis at 7.56
3. kawhi at 6.65
4. harden at 6.40
54. anthony davis at 2.54 :oldlol:

ad no where to be found :oldlol:

Ether. Where's that pic at?

superduper
12-27-2019, 12:43 AM
See last season.

Boom :oldlol: :oldlol:

PickernRoller
12-27-2019, 01:10 AM
Bran is staggered to play big minutes against opposing benches.

And stat pads when games are virtually over.

Doesn't really matter what stats he gets this season or for that matter last season.... which wasn't a bad statistical year for him. We'all know he's a fraud in a million contextual ways.

The results however, the one dimentional play however....... :oldlol: No stat can mask that.

MrFonzworth
12-27-2019, 01:10 AM
I voted no.

PickernRoller
12-27-2019, 01:11 AM
I voted no.

Democracy, one account, one voice, one vote. :cheers:

MrFonzworth
12-27-2019, 01:12 AM
I voted no.
Me too:cheers:

Gileraracer
12-27-2019, 05:40 AM
yes they are

ImKobe
12-27-2019, 07:22 AM
I'd have to say yes because he's breaking down at the same time of the year again and that's with all the help he's had from AD and the rest of the supporting cast. I don't think he's able to play a full season anymore, which was my concern from the start with him entering his mid-30s.

He can still be great in spots but I wouldn't expect him to be able to carry a team for a full season.

RPM is highly misleading, Tobias Harris out of all people is currently 12th in the league, does that mean he's anywhere close to being the 12th best player in the NBA? Not really. He's had a decent season but is barely above-average in any efficiency stat and clearly isn't the best player on the 76ers.

chains5000
12-27-2019, 07:39 AM
Jayson Tatum is 5th in RPM, Paul Millsap is 8th, Dennis Schroder is 9th, do people really think it's a valid stat?

sammichoffate
12-27-2019, 09:48 AM
Jayson Tatum is 5th in RPM, Paul Millsap is 8th, Dennis Schroder is 9th, do people really think it's a valid stat?Yes. :crazysam:

superduper
12-27-2019, 10:44 AM
Jayson Tatum is 5th in RPM, Paul Millsap is 8th, Dennis Schroder is 9th, do people really think it's a valid stat?

Lol these peeps that watch ball on Microsoft Excel spreadsheets legit crack me tf up :oldlol:

VORP!! RPM!! DBPM!!!!! :mad: :mad:

These clowns aren't even watching basketball they're fking playing statistical Sudoku on Microsoft Excel :oldlol:

Bosnian Sajo
12-27-2019, 10:45 AM
The Lakers without AD are a lottery team.

The Lakers without Lebron are a lottery team.

Both of these statements are facts. The Lakers team was created centered around those 2, it won't work if one of em is missing. This isn't like the Clippers, who made it to the playoffs with their role players and without superstars.

imdaman99
12-27-2019, 10:50 AM
Lakers are a lottery team without either you jabronis.

Gileraracer
12-27-2019, 11:04 AM
Lol these peeps that watch ball on Microsoft Excel spreadsheets legit crack me tf up :oldlol:

VORP!! RPM!! DBPM!!!!! :mad: :mad:

These clowns aren't even watching basketball they're fking playing statistical Sudoku on Microsoft Excel :oldlol:

These kids doin' all kind of fancy calculations to find a way to make Lebron look good despite all the shortcomings :oldlol:

ImKobe
12-27-2019, 11:09 AM
The Lakers without AD are a lottery team.

The Lakers without Lebron are a lottery team.

Both of these statements are facts. The Lakers team was created centered around those 2, it won't work if one of em is missing. This isn't like the Clippers, who made it to the playoffs with their role players and without superstars.

Neither are because we would have to see the 2019-20 Lakers play a full season without AD or Lebron for that statement to be factual. You and I don't know how either situation would play out. Right now the 8th seed has a 14-18 record. This could be the worst Western Conference in over a decade in terms of wins needed to make the Playoffs. The top 6 is really good and they could all win 50 games, but we could see 1 or even 2 teams make it to the Playoffs this season with just 40-42 wins.

PickernRoller
12-27-2019, 11:38 AM
I think we can conclusively be closer to fact saying the team without AD would be in the lottery if we look at last season's result when they had Ingram and others to supplant AD' and still didn't make the playoffs.

It's however, more dubious, to say that the team without Lebron would be a lottery team. We have nothing to base this on off. If we look at Davis and what he carried to the playoffs, the personal is very similar to what he has this year (minus Lebron) and the kid is in his absolute prime years - lock Top 5 player in the league, runaway DPOY, Top 3 MVP candidate. Kuzma can average 20+ for a season... he was on pace when sharing with Ingram, Bran and himself. If it's just him and AD... I can see that happening easily. And as ImKobe stated, besides the Top 6, due to injuries and star consolidation, the bottom rest of the conference is rather weak relative to years past.

ImKobe
12-27-2019, 11:44 AM
I think we can conclusively be closer to fact saying the team without AD would be in the lottery if we look at last season's result when they had Ingram and others to supplant AD' and still didn't make the playoffs.

It's however, more dubious, to say that the team without Lebron would be a lottery team. We have nothing to base this on off. If we look at Davis and what he carried to the playoffs, the personal is very similar to what he has this year and the kid is in his absolute prime years - lock Top 5 player in the league, runaway DPOY, Top 3 MVP candidate. Kuzma can average 20+ for a season... he was on pace when sharing with Ingram, Bran and himself. If it's just him and AD... I can see that happening easily. And as ImKobe stated, besides the Top 6, due to injuries and star consolidation, the bottom rest of the conference is rather weak relative to years past.

Yup. This year's Lakers are also so much different from last year. Lakers went 3 - 12 with Lebron declaring Playoff mode. Our bench is much better and so is the coaching staff.