PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite video game?

Turbo Slayer
12-28-2019, 12:16 AM
My favorite is GTA 5. I will never get bored of that game! :oldlol:

Fun stuff.

Honorable mentions:

BF
COD
Fortnite
NF

:applause:

DoctorP
12-28-2019, 12:27 AM
mario bros
untitled goose

Turbo Slayer
12-28-2019, 12:30 AM
mario bros
untitled goose

what's that game? seems cool.

DoctorP
12-28-2019, 12:31 AM
what's that game? seems cool.

google it

Turbo Slayer
12-28-2019, 12:33 AM
google it
DoctorP, that is awesome! :eek:

You are the man! :pimp:

DoctorP
12-28-2019, 12:35 AM
DoctorP, that is awesome! :eek:

You are the man! :pimp:

one o the games o th year

Turbo Slayer
12-28-2019, 12:38 AM
one o the games o th year
Hey DoctorP, Ima log off! :banana:

Have a good day, bro

:rockon:

Stay safe!

DoctorP
12-28-2019, 12:42 AM
Hey DoctorP, Ima log off! :banana:

Have a good day, bro

:rockon:

Stay safe!

ok kiddo

Darth_Vader
12-28-2019, 12:43 AM
ok kiddo
weak kid. :lol

Raymone
12-28-2019, 01:57 AM
Either Diablo 2 or GoldenEye on N64.

or maybe FFXI. It was such a ****ing time sink... but I was addicted and look back at the memories from high school fondly.

Raymone
12-28-2019, 02:00 AM
If you mean currently, WoW classic I guess. Games just don't hold the same magic that they used to for me, sadly.

GreatHILL
12-28-2019, 02:44 AM
Desert Bus and Big Rigs

diamenz
12-28-2019, 02:55 AM
probably farming simulator 19. it's a toss up between that and shower with your dad simulator.

seriously though, if i had to choose one game it would probably be dark souls.

DoctorP
12-28-2019, 03:05 AM
Desert Bus and Big Rigs

you ****ing troll :lol

TheMan
12-28-2019, 03:24 AM
In order of preference...

Battlefield 3
Battlefield 1
Battlefield Hardline
Battlefield 4
Battlefield 5

I still play all those titles, some of them aren't very populated but you can still find online matches easily.

bladefd
12-28-2019, 03:27 AM
All-time multiplayer? Unreal Tournament
All-time single-player? Half-life

In last 5 years? GTA5
In last year? Yakuza kiwami

vetlantram
12-28-2019, 03:29 AM
Donkey Kong Country series :rockon:

bladefd
12-28-2019, 03:35 AM
In order of preference...

Battlefield 3
Battlefield 1
Battlefield Hardline
Battlefield 4
Battlefield 5

I still play all those titles, some of them aren't very populated but you can still find online matches easily.

I used to play Battlefield 1942 ages ago in early 2000s and Battlefield 2 in mid-2000s during elementary school and middle school respectively. Boy do I miss that golden era when life was simple & awesome. Brings back some great memories :cheers:

Manny98
12-28-2019, 05:13 AM
Witcher 3
Dragon Age

HylianNightmare
12-28-2019, 06:07 AM
Smash

JohnnySic
12-28-2019, 09:42 AM
<======

GreatHILL
12-28-2019, 10:10 AM
you ****ing troll :lol

:lol

Wally450
12-28-2019, 10:15 AM
Halo 3. The amount of time I put into that game is disgusting. :lol

egokiller
12-28-2019, 11:26 AM
probably farming simulator 19. it's a toss up between that and shower with your dad simulator.

seriously though, if i had to choose one game it would probably be dark souls.

I've got that farming simulator 17. Haven't played it yet but looks interesting.

What I can tell you is that being good at any version of Quake is not impressive at all. Any joe shmoe could play that game and be just as good as Rapha in no time. Just ask Shogon.

Draz
12-28-2019, 11:45 AM
In order? Haven't played games in years. I feel like I wasted money getting a switch and Smash but from previous years

MW2 (Most fun online both pubs and MLG)
MW3
BO2

Smash is in a league of its own when playing with friends but not online

Never enjoyed Battlefield because on PS3/PS4 no one had mics and I never partied up to play.

Draz
12-28-2019, 11:46 AM
All-time multiplayer? Unreal Tournament
All-time single-player? Half-life

In last 5 years? GTA5
In last year? Yakuza kiwami
Unreal Tournament was the most underrated game of the century.

I remember playing online on a slow ass Compaq Presario but the graphics looked wild for the time on that machine. Did they remake it?? This was like 15 years ago

JEFFERSON MONEY
12-28-2019, 12:46 PM
Aoe2

macmac
12-28-2019, 12:51 PM
Top 5:

Civ 5
Chrono Trigger
Skyrim
Zelda Link to the Past
Heroes of MM 3

DoctorP
12-28-2019, 12:54 PM
Final Fight
Strider
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Arcade
Super Street Fighter 2X

Pushxx
12-28-2019, 01:13 PM
Top 5:

Civ 5
Chrono Trigger
Skyrim
Zelda Link to the Past
Heroes of MM 3

Good choices

My favorite game at the moment is Smash Bros Ultimate

Anybody here good? I'm going to a tournament today

LostCause
12-28-2019, 01:27 PM
Mass Effect was my all-time favorite. That game basically spearheaded my interest in Sci-Fi

I don't play like I used to though but my girlfriend and I sometimes play Overwatch just for fun

GTA 5 online was pretty crazy too

LAmbruh
12-28-2019, 01:32 PM
God of War

currently on Death Stranding

macmac
12-28-2019, 01:40 PM
Good choices

Good luck bruh,

The last smash bros I played was the original on N64

highwhey
12-28-2019, 02:07 PM
battlefield 1 was underrated imo, great gameplay, great graphics. lots of weapon choices. bullet drop for all weapons requiring you have some sort of talent for shooting. being on horseback. damn, great times. some great maps. bvattlefield 5 sucks in comparison, despite it being similar (much different mechanics and decent maps).

modern warfare 2 was goat level tho, spent a whole lot of nights playing that, i'd be up till 3-4am on school nights :oldlol:

Dro
12-28-2019, 02:08 PM
Favorite franchise is Gears of War

Kungfro
12-28-2019, 02:23 PM
I tend to be drawn to roguelikes a lot. Stuff like Binding of Isaac, FTL, Enter the Gungeon, Rogue Legacy, and Spelunky. Anything with a building mechanic I also find very addicting. Terraria, Subnautica , and recently Dragon Quest Builders 2 being among some of my favorites.

Meticode
12-28-2019, 02:39 PM
Red Dead Redemption II hands down.

tpols
12-28-2019, 03:34 PM
Top 5:

Civ 5
Chrono Trigger
Skyrim
Zelda Link to the Past
Heroes of MM 3

skyrim was the shit.

i think i mightve liked fallout 4 better though. havent played anything in a while.

egokiller
12-28-2019, 04:18 PM
Bloodborne
God of War
Witcher 3

for single player

Halo 1 for multiplayer

Bigsmoke
12-29-2019, 02:08 AM
the first Metal Gear Solid

Shogon
12-29-2019, 02:35 AM
Quake 1 Team Fortress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FVJ__rBFxk (the one true GOAT)

Right now? Sea of Thieves. The amount of content isn't otherworldly but it's still a good time if you play with your friends pretty much every time... and I don't play games any longer... but a friend I used to work with talked me into it and we've been playing for the past 3 months or so. Good shit. It's just different... it's mostly a relaxed game outside of doing battle which isn't that often.

fsvr54
12-29-2019, 10:30 PM
Witcher 3
GTA: Vice City - 4
Bloodborne
Red Dead Redemption 1/2
Donkey Kong Country Series

Sure I'm missing some top ones, this was off the top

JohnnySic
12-29-2019, 10:44 PM
Red Dead Redemption 2

*gap*

GTA V
GTA IV + dlc's
Red Dead Redemption

ItsMillerTime
12-30-2019, 10:38 AM
Halo 3. The amount of time I put into that game is disgusting. :lol

Agreed.

I had over 6,000 EXP in one playlist alone. GOAT game.

HylianNightmare
12-30-2019, 10:40 AM
Good choices

I have grown out of almost all video games except smash I still play that to this day. I was filth at the one for the game cube but ultimate is great to. The smash before it was terrible. I use link and young link

Derka
12-30-2019, 10:59 AM
I feel like I'd be a total dink if I didn't start with World of Warcraft, which I've been playing mostly-on, rarely-off for over 15 years now. It hasn't been a particularly good game in years but I'm weirdly attached to my orc shaman and just can't seem to let that game go. Nowadays I flitter between the retail client and the new Classic client. No one said it had to be good to be a favorite.

As for the rest...

The Batman: Arkham series (starting Arkham Knight tonight finally!)
The Hitman series
The Splinter Cell series
The Metal Gear Solid series
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and MW2
Gears of War 1 & 2
Final Fantasy 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10
Super Mario Bros 3
Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart
Street Fighter II
Diablo
Diablo II & Lord of Destruction
Warcraft 3 & The Frozen Throne
Dragon Age: Origins
Elder Scrolls: Morrowind and Skyrim
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Thorpesaurous
12-30-2019, 01:53 PM
The original Zelda. I'd like to say the whole series, but I got away from Nintendo post NES, then went into my teen years where I played less, and if I did it was more Sports games.

The original Metroid. I think there's a theme to my taste. A well designed map that gives me a sense of exploration and discovery is almost always a big sell for me. These first two NES map games are seminal. Christ if I had to pick my favorite Atari game it'd be Adventure.

The Resident Evil Series. The first one I was in late High School, and it sort of brought me back into gaming beyond the more competitive style of HS boys playing Madden, Goldeneye, or Twisted Metal. And even beyond that, the way the house opens up to me is among the best maps in game history.

The GTA series. I'm fond of 3. I think it works best when they go from a particular period. I think it lets the satirical elements of the story shine through. The whole series is incredible though.

The Red Dead series. The first one for me was the game of that console generation. The second, which I just finished, is flawed, but in many ways the most advanced achievement I can think of in world building in a game.

The Uncharted Series / The Last of Us. The least open world games on my list, but among the most well constructed stories in gaming history. Two different genres getting the same treatment of perfectly doled out story with punches of action set pieces to mark off plot. The somewhat simple gameplay that bothers some people to me works perfectly as a means of keeping everything rolling storywise while still working as gameplay.

Levity
12-30-2019, 02:16 PM
Good choices

howd you do?

big ult fan too. but still hovering just below elite smash - terry, wario, PT mains.

FultzNationRISE
12-30-2019, 03:21 PM
Seminal games from my childhood:

Where in the USA is Carmen San Diego? on PC.

Super Mario World on SNES (still the GOAT game in my book.)

Sim City on both SNES and PC

Goldeneye on N64.

Age of Empires on PC.

Madden (like everyone) for Playstation

Was never a hardcore game head really, kind of stopped playing in general after high school. I did get back into Age of Empires a couple years ago. The current version is super rich in strategy and depth. It’s like live action chess. Makes for a very active community of playing and content creation.

sammichoffate
12-30-2019, 03:31 PM
I feel like I'd be a total dink if I didn't start with World of Warcraft, which I've been playing mostly-on, rarely-off for over 15 years now. It hasn't been a particularly good game in years but I'm weirdly attached to my orc shaman and just can't seem to let that game go. Nowadays I flitter between the retail client and the new Classic client. No one said it had to be good to be a favorite.

As for the rest...

The Batman: Arkham series (starting Arkham Knight tonight finally!)
The Hitman series
The Splinter Cell series
The Metal Gear Solid series
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and MW2
Gears of War 1 & 2
Final Fantasy 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10
Super Mario Bros 3
Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart
Street Fighter II
Diablo
Diablo II & Lord of Destruction
Warcraft 3 & The Frozen Throne
Dragon Age: Origins
Elder Scrolls: Morrowind and Skyrim
Grand Theft Auto: Vice CityI feel you on WoW, i've been on FFXIV on and off since 2015 and end up going back for new content(taking a break cuz content lull atm).

You have a very diversified taste in games brah, would rep especially for FF 6-10. Funnest game i've played this year was Bloodstained, really good if you were into Castlevania back in the day.

Juges8932
01-01-2020, 04:43 PM
Of the last few years: Overwatch

All-time list:
World of Warcraft
Warcraft III: Frozen Throne
Overwatch
StarCraft
COD 1
COD MW
StarCraft 2
Pokemon Blue/Yellow/Silver
Halo 2

FultzNationRISE
01-01-2020, 05:54 PM
Of the last few years: Overwatch

All-time list:
World of Warcraft
Warcraft III: Frozen Throne
Overwatch
StarCraft
COD 1
COD MW
StarCraft 2
Pokemon Blue/Yellow/Silver
Halo 2

THIS guy just drops in all the sudden out of nowhere?? :eek:

What the dilly yo big guy??

Meticode
01-01-2020, 06:18 PM
So many people are indecisive. They ask for video game, but people listed like ten.

sammichoffate
01-01-2020, 07:21 PM
So many people are indecisive. They ask for video game, but people listed like ten.If I had to pick, it would be FFX or Pokemon Soulsilver.

Pushxx
01-01-2020, 07:55 PM
howd you do?

big ult fan too. but still hovering just below elite smash - terry, wario, PT mains.

Not bad. All tournaments are minimum 1 hour each way so it's a pain to go, but there are a ton of them in Massachusetts. It's a great region.

I need some nearby practice partners who are good. All the IRL people I've met are way worse than me so it doesn't help me get better. I'm pretty good but it'd be nice to do even better at the bigger tournaments

Mr Exlax
01-03-2020, 05:19 PM
Urban Reign on the PS2. Incredibly slept on game. Check that shit out

HM: Battlefield Bad Company 2

diamenz
01-03-2020, 05:24 PM
https://b2.crackwatch.com/file/crackwatch-temp/74qga6mnw.jpg

https://b2.crackwatch.com/file/crackwatch-temp/inp9gmze4.jpg

scuzzy
01-03-2020, 05:28 PM
the first Metal Gear Solid
this

metal gear solid on ps1 was revolutionary

wish they would remake the first 3 MGS for current gen

Patrick Chewing
01-03-2020, 06:01 PM
The entire HALO series of games.

I can't force myself to play anything else, really.

FKAri
01-03-2020, 06:20 PM
Ocarina of Time, personally.

But I stopped "gaming" around 2002. I've tried getting into some but after a few minutes I find myself wondering wtf am I doing? Why am I trying to resolve artificial conflicts? Feels like a chore. I never played games to pretend to be someone else so this whole RPG thing with games like Witcher and RDR isn't for me. I played games for problem solving or a sense of adventure. And I guess I have other avenues of experiencing that now.

BurningHammer
01-03-2020, 06:48 PM
Rimworld
The Long Dark
Crusader Kings II
Civ 4
Bandit Kings of Ancient China
Colonization
Every X-Com games
Football Manager
etc.

That's only PC. There are shit tons of games I like on other platforms including arcade.

ROCSteady
01-03-2020, 06:54 PM
I’m sure mostly everybody in here has played more games than I but off top my favorites are

S

RealSkipBayless
01-03-2020, 06:59 PM
Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door

diamenz
01-03-2020, 07:33 PM
The entire HALO series of games.

I can't force myself to play anything else, really.

what if i held a transgender to your head?

Turbo Slayer
01-04-2020, 01:41 PM
Cool stuff everybody! :applause: :cheers:

-Circa
02-15-2020, 06:19 PM
RE 1,2 and 3
Dino Crisis
Twisted Metal
Vigilante
FF8
Suikoden
Tenchu
Ragnarok

NBA 2k
The last of us
Uncharted
Black desert online
Bloodborne
Dark Soul
Sekiro
FIFA
APEX
COD

Phoenix
02-16-2020, 06:03 AM
Too many to state a personal favorite above all others.

Super Mario Bros 3
Super Metroid
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 3(VI)
Street Fighter II hyper fighting
Legend of Zelda Breath of the wild/Ocarina of Time
Contra III
TMNT Turtles in Time
Metal Gear Solid
Batman Arkham Knight
Uncharted 2
WWF No Mercy/WCW-NWO Revenge
Goldeneye
Mario Kart 64
Halo 2/3

Pushxx
02-16-2020, 09:29 AM
Too many to state a personal favorite above all others.

Super Mario Bros 3
Super Metroid
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 3(VI)
Street Fighter II hyper fighting
Legend of Zelda Breath of the wild/Ocarina of Time
Contra III
TMNT Turtles in Time
Metal Gear Solid
Batman Arkham Knight
Uncharted 2
WWF No Mercy/WCW-NWO Revenge
Goldeneye
Mario Kart 64
Halo 2/3

Great taste bro. Though I’m one of the very few people that thought Breath of the Wild was only ok. Tons of great things but too much inconvenience and tedium. It was a lot of wasted potential.

Really poor inventory system, too little inventory space to start the game, getting access to your horse on the fly was way too annoying, weapon breaking was a dumb system, etc. Tons of small things I didn’t like. Obviously the game and music were beautiful and some combat elements were cool. Just felt half-baked and unrefined in many areas. Too much of the content felt superficial and repetitive. The main story elements were absolutely amazing though. I can’t think of more specifics rn because it’s been a while since I played the game and it’s early in the morning

If given a bunch of quality of life changes it would have been an incredible game. I know most people think it’s of the greatest games, and I respect that.

Phoenix
02-16-2020, 10:12 AM
Great taste bro. Though I’m one of the very few people that thought Breath of the Wild was only ok. Tons of great things but too much inconvenience and tedium. It was a lot of wasted potential.

Really poor inventory system, too little inventory space to start the game, getting access to your horse on the fly was way too annoying, weapon breaking was a dumb system, etc. Tons of small things I didn’t like. Obviously the game and music were beautiful and some combat elements were cool. Just felt half-baked and unrefined in many areas. Too much of the content felt superficial and repetitive. The main story elements were absolutely amazing though. I can’t think of more specifics rn because it’s been a while since I played the game and it’s early in the morning

If given a bunch of quality of life changes it would have been an incredible game. I know most people think it’s of the greatest games, and I respect that.

Thanks. :cheers:

I hear ya on the Breath of the wild mechanics. It's a your mileage will vary thing for most people. The weapon-breaking function may come off as a needless shoe-horned in barrier that makes or breaks the fun factor. It didn't bother me personally but I can see it doing so for others. I've heard of people not liking the rain mechanic making you slip and having to find alternate routes. Guess it just depends on ones definition of 'fun'. I've been a big zelda fan since the NES, one of my first games was the ole classic gold Zelda II cart. So my general fandom for the license may be coloring my view and perhaps I would be less forgiving if it was a different IP. Not sure.... I think for me overall the sense of player agency won me over. I enjoyed the sense of freedom and exploration. I enjoyed the little recipe mini-games. Just alot of little things that won me over.

Also, if the game was only playable on a stationary console I wouldn't have played it nearly as much. The fact that I could play it anywhere on Switch( and I did) allowed me to get into the game much more than I otherwise would have.

Looking at that list I wrote above there's a whole lot I didn't even mention. Final Fantasy 7, NBA Jam, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Soul Calibur, Sonic 2, Resident Evil 2, Yoshi's Island, Streets of rage 2, and about 50 others lol. I've been gaming way too long to single out one game. Also, I meant Arkham City, not Knight. Knight was Ok but the batmobile mechanic was overused IMO.

Pushxx
02-17-2020, 03:34 PM
Thanks. :cheers:

I hear ya on the Breath of the wild mechanics. It's a your mileage will vary thing for most people. The weapon-breaking function may come off as a needless shoe-horned in barrier that makes or breaks the fun factor. It didn't bother me personally but I can see it doing so for others. I've heard of people not liking the rain mechanic making you slip and having to find alternate routes. Guess it just depends on ones definition of 'fun'. I've been a big zelda fan since the NES, one of my first games was the ole classic gold Zelda II cart. So my general fandom for the license may be coloring my view and perhaps I would be less forgiving if it was a different IP. Not sure.... I think for me overall the sense of player agency won me over. I enjoyed the sense of freedom and exploration. I enjoyed the little recipe mini-games. Just alot of little things that won me over.

Also, if the game was only playable on a stationary console I wouldn't have played it nearly as much. The fact that I could play it anywhere on Switch( and I did) allowed me to get into the game much more than I otherwise would have.

Looking at that list I wrote above there's a whole lot I didn't even mention. Final Fantasy 7, NBA Jam, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Soul Calibur, Sonic 2, Resident Evil 2, Yoshi's Island, Streets of rage 2, and about 50 others lol. I've been gaming way too long to single out one game. Also, I meant Arkham City, not Knight. Knight was Ok but the batmobile mechanic was overused IMO.

I was an 80s baby so I played every Zelda. It's one of my favorite game series ever, but I don't let it affect my opinion. If anything it makes me more critical of the game.

I wasn't a fan of the cooking in the game at all either. Open world games all have different ways of adding collection elements to their gameplay. I don't like when collection becomes part of navigating the world optimally. I prefer collection to be made more optional or more about aesthetics, rather than needing to craft these annoying recipes for optimal potions. I just didn't like the system whatsoever, especially when coupled with the poor inventory system. I can appreciate that everyone likes mechanics differently. I know the cooking system didn't seem to bother many people and that some people really enjoyed it.

diamenz
02-17-2020, 04:20 PM
Rimworld
The Long Dark
Crusader Kings II
Civ 4
Bandit Kings of Ancient China
Colonization
Every X-Com games
Football Manager
etc.

That's only PC. There are shit tons of games I like on other platforms including arcade.

pretty sure those are pornos, bro.

Phoenix
02-17-2020, 04:40 PM
I was an 80s baby so I played every Zelda. It's one of my favorite game series ever, but I don't let it affect my opinion. If anything it makes me more critical of the game.

I wasn't a fan of the cooking in the game at all either. Open world games all have different ways of adding collection elements to their gameplay. I don't like when collection becomes part of navigating the world optimally. I prefer collection to be made more optional or more about aesthetics, rather than needing to craft these annoying recipes for optimal potions. I just didn't like the system whatsoever, especially when coupled with the poor inventory system. I can appreciate that everyone likes mechanics differently. I know the cooking system didn't seem to bother many people and that some people really enjoyed it.

Yeah I hear ya. As I was saying before some of those mechanics are YMMV. They're not going to land the same for everyone.

FreezingTsmoove
02-17-2020, 04:41 PM
Final Fantasy 9
Super Smash bros Ultimate

ArbitraryWater
02-17-2020, 05:19 PM
Some FIFA, some NBA2K, some WWE(16? If CPU's weren't so dumb)

Pushxx
02-17-2020, 06:08 PM
Final Fantasy 9
Super Smash bros Ultimate

Great taste. FF6, FF8, and FF9 are my fav and Ultimate is so sick. I go to tournaments in MA all the time

Styles p
02-17-2020, 07:22 PM
Halo 2&3
Diablo 2
GTA5
Red dead 2

Bawkish
02-19-2020, 02:23 AM
FF7
Metal Gear Solid
Gran Turismo 2
COD Modern Warfare 1 & 2
Last of Us
God of War
NBA 2K / NBA Live from 90s
Fight Night Champions

pauk
02-19-2020, 07:44 AM
Coop:

1. Metal Slug (Arcade)
2. NBA Jam (SNES)
3. Contra (SNES & NES)
4. Sunset Riders (Arcade, SNES)
5. Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)

Versus:

1. Mario Kart (SNES)
2. NBA Jam (SNES)
3. King of Fighters (Arcade)
4. Mortal Kombat (Arcade)
5. Tekken 7 (Playstation/PC)

Multiplayer:

1. Counter Strike (PC, ca. 1999-2002, remember how huge that shit was? Call of Duty is just a wannabe of this game.)
2. StarCraft
3. Quake 1-3
4. Battlefield 2
5. Battlefield 1

Singleplayer:

1. Mass Effect 2 (PC)
2. Super Metroid (SNES)
3. Oblivion/Skyrim (PC)
4. Chrono Trigger (SNES)
5. Fallout New Vegas (PC)

But above all.... PINBALL!!

Just an old old old gamer.... thought i was gona get bored / grow out of it when i got older, but nope, well, you dont enjoy playing it equally much / dont have time perhaps... im playing mostly Battlefield 1 on PC right now, love those super online games....

Think modern consoles are stupid tho, its just computer wannabes, handicaped computers, but i get it i guess, easier to set up for certain games like FIFA / NBA 2k or something.... but shooting games like Battlefield & Call of Duty and so on that requires AIMING? With a Controller? Absolute stupidness.... you wouldnt stand a chance against a PC (mouse) player.

Phoenix
02-19-2020, 08:54 AM
Coop:

1. Metal Slug (Arcade)
2. NBA Jam (SNES)
3. Contra (SNES & NES)

Versus:

1. Mario Kart (SNES)
2. NBA Jam (SNES)

Multiplayer:

1. Counter Strike (PC, ca. 1999-2002, remember how huge that shit was? Call of Duty is just a wannabe of this game.)
2. StarCraft
3. Quake 1-3
4. Battlefield 2
5. Battlefield 1

Singleplayer:

1. Mass Effect 2 (PC)
2. Super Metroid (SNES)
3. Oblivion/Skyrim (PC)
4. Chrono Trigger (SNES)

Just an old old old gamer.... thought i was gona get bored / grow out of it when i got older, but nope, well, you dont enjoy playing it equally much / dont have time perhaps... im playing mostly Battlefield 1 on PC right now, love those super online games....

Think modern consoles are stupid tho, its just computer wannabes, handicaped computers, but i get it i guess, easier to set up for certain games like FIFA / NBA 2k or something.... but shooting games like Battlefield & Call of Duty and so on that requires AIMING? With a Controller? Absolute stupidness.... you wouldnt stand a chance against a PC (mouse) player.

Nice mix of genres. I hear ya on thinking you would have gotten bored of it by now, but I guess it gets in your blood after a while. I've been playing since the damn Colecovision was on the market.

ItsMillerTime
02-19-2020, 11:43 AM
Toss up between Starcraft and Halo 3. Spent countless hours on both.

red1
02-19-2020, 04:19 PM
halo 1,2,3 reach, and 5
super mario world
super smash bros 64 and melee
donkey kong country 1, 2
resident evil 4
the last of us

TheMan
02-19-2020, 04:34 PM
Coop:

1. Metal Slug (Arcade)
2. NBA Jam (SNES)
3. Contra (SNES & NES)

Versus:

1. Mario Kart (SNES)
2. NBA Jam (SNES)

Multiplayer:

2. StarCraft
3. Quake 1-3
4. Battlefield 2
5. Battlefield 1

Singleplayer:

1. Mass Effect 2 (PC)
2. Super Metroid (SNES)
3. Oblivion/Skyrim (PC)
4. Chrono Trigger (SNES)

I've never played on a PC but you don't aim with a mouse? Half the fun of FPS is learning to aim and hit your target...

Since I literally only play Battlefield, been thinking of branching out and playing other good FPS franchises, can anyone recommend some games? Call Of Duty isn't an option, grew out of it around 2014.

red1
02-19-2020, 05:27 PM

modern consoles are actually a good way to stay in touch with old friends or coworkers. most games are pick up and play as well so they reward 20-30 minute bursts.

console shooters are great as well. sure the mouse is far more accurate but controllers are a level playing field so everyone has the same handicap. unlike PC where the dude with the fast refresh monitor and $3k rig and his virginity intact will always have an edge over you.

pauk
02-19-2020, 08:44 PM
Since I literally only play Battlefield, been thinking of branching out and playing other good FPS franchises, can anyone recommend some games? Call Of Duty isn't an option, grew out of it around 2014.

There are awesome singleplayer FPS, many have fun singleplayer... but multiplayer? Nothing beats Battlefield for me there, its just ridicilous how vast that gameplay is, so many options and each gamestyle/way of attack is a fun learning process....
Tired of CQC combat? Tried all the weapons/styles of attack, mastered long range (bullet drop sniping)?
Tired of tanks? Tried all the artillery type play instead?
Tired of choppers? Try planes... and vice versa..
Tried going strategic? Commander mode...

Right now for example on BF1 i am mastering the Horses... im there 24-7, just running around and murdering everybody with the Spear/Sword... its an absolute blast...

So, for my taste at least other FPS multiplayer are at this point kinda brainless, its all strictly close combat infantry in a confined space (tiny map) and thats it... gets boring quick...

Wait, you play battlefield on a console? Oh man, you are missing out on the fun.... on PC i have a Joystick set up for flying (choppers, planes, amazing experience & more effective than normal controls/mouse), a gamepad/gaming mouse for kicking arse downstairs.... and gameservers (modded) can have you up on 128+++ player servers, its nuts...

diamenz
02-19-2020, 08:55 PM

joystick aiming can be a tough thing to master and 'git good' at, but there's nothing more rewarding than using a mouse to pull 180 degree reaction flick shots from muscle memory or unloading an ak spray from mid range with perfect accuracy because u know the recoil pattern like the back of your hand. so yeah, hence the term 'console scrub'.

pauk
02-19-2020, 08:55 PM
modern consoles are actually a good way to stay in touch with old friends or coworkers. most games are pick up and play as well so they reward 20-30 minute bursts.

console shooters are great as well. sure the mouse is far more accurate but controllers are a level playing field so everyone has the same handicap. unlike PC where the dude with the fast refresh monitor and $3k rig and his virginity intact will always have an edge over you.

Yea, i can see it perks. Still tho for me, meh, you can do that on PC aswell, but yea console is easier/more relaxing from the sofa (even there, you can bring your rig to the living room & plug it to your 60" TV, wireless keyboard/mouse AND use a Playstation/Xbox Gamepad with it, using it like a console, there are Emulators out there aswell lol).

No dude you dont need a crazy rig to dominate... all you require from the PC is to not drop under 30 fps (human eye cant see more than that 30-50 fps), under 30 fps its visibly laggy and so rigs that give you far more than 50-60 fps are overkill, unless you want to play on highest settings humanly possible..... 40-50 fps is affordable for anybody with budget videocards and game settings, thats cheaper than a console... and it still will have similar nicer graphics...

All you do need is a gaming mat & gaming mouse to dominate... :) and the simplest 1$ keyboard u can find...

Axe
03-01-2020, 05:02 AM
Saints row 4
Gran turismo 5
Grand theft auto v
Bully
Cs 1.6
League of legends
Dota 2

And many more

BarberSchool
03-02-2020, 12:25 AM
Favorite genres first, ranked in order, and best console version listed:

Fighting games
1. Street Fighter III: Third Strike (PS3 OE by Iron Galaxy)
2. Vampire Savior (Darkstalkers 3) (PS3 by Iron Galaxy)
3. Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Sega Dreamcast, PS3 by Iron Galaxy)
4. X-Men vs. Street Fighter (Sega Saturn)
5. Marvel vs. Capcom 1 (Sega Dreamcast)

Kart Racers:
1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo Switch)
2. Looney Tunes Space Race (Sega Dreamcast)
3. Sonic All-Stars Racing: Transformed (PS3, Wii U)
4. Mario Kart Double Dash (Nintendo GameCube)
5. Crash Nitro Kart (PS2)

Platformers:
1. Super Mario 3d World (Wii U)
2. Rayman Origins (PS3, Wii)
3. Rayman Legends (Nintendo Switch)
4. Yoshi’s Island (SNES) (shout to the drug level)(game should be remade for Switch by GOOD-FEELS)
5. Cuphead (Nintendo Switch)

Action-Adventure/open-world:
1. Wind Waker HD (Wii U)
2. Rayman 2: Great Escape (Sega Dreamcast)
3. Super Mario Oddyssey (Nintendo Switch)
4. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii U)
5. Breath of the Wild (Switch & Wii U)

Beat em up/hack-n-slash:
1. Muramasa: Demon Blade (Wii)
2. Odin Sphere (PS4)
3. Guardian Heroes (Sega Saturn)
4. Sengoku 3 (Nintendo Switch)
5. Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (PS3, Sega Saturn)

Sports:
1. NBA JAM: On Fire (PS3)
2. NBA JAM (Wii)
3. NBA JAM (Sega Saturn)
4. NBA Street 1/2/3 (GameCube, PS2)
5. NBA Showtime (Sega Dreamcast)

Puzzle:
1. Tetris 99 (Nintendo Switch)
2. Pac Man Championship Edition DX+ (PS3)
3. Tetris Party Deluxe (Wii)
4. Tetris (Sega Saturn)
5. Super Puzzle Fighter (Sega Dreamcast)
6. Saturn Bomberman (Sega Saturn)

Never was into 1st or 3rd person shooters, or madden/2k Type shit.

Im so nba'd out
03-02-2020, 12:43 AM
Gta 2-5
Super Tecmo Bowl
Madden 03 - 07 on xbox/ps4/gamecube
NBA street vol 2
Gears of War 1
Diablo 2
Sonic 2 and 3
Modern Warfare 2 and 3
NBA 2k10
Left for dead 2
Puzzle fighter
super smash bros
pokemon yellow,crystal, emerald
pokemon stadium 2
crash nitro racing
mario kart
NBA hangtime
Nba live 03 & 05
twisted metal 2
golden eye
wrestemania 2000
wcw vs nwo revenge
wcw vs nwo world tour
matrix video game (mid 2000's)
Tony hawk pro skater 2
streets of rage 2

i could keep going

Im so nba'd out
03-02-2020, 01:10 AM
thought of some more

Dynasty Warriors 2
Final Fantasy 10
Paper Mario
Mario RPG
Earthbound
Friday the 13 (xbox one not nes)
DBZ xenoverse
Life is strange
Ncaa football 2006 (ps2/xbox)
Mario Tennis
Mario Party
Mario Golf
Sonic 1
breaktime pool game (nes)
killer instinct
nba courtside
crusin' the world

alright thats enough now....i had a big group of friends who were all gamers everywhere i moved too.crazy i know.i got to try a lot of fking games.From every generation on every system

these above were all the best with GTA by far being the best

Kungfro
03-02-2020, 10:50 AM
I've never played on a PC but you don't aim with a mouse? Half the fun of FPS is learning to aim and hit your target...

Bioshock is pretty interesting, there's a remastered version available on PS4/Xbox as well.

Wally450
03-02-2020, 11:42 AM
Just got game pass on xbox last night and am looking for a single player game to play. I still need to beat Far Cry 5 an Red Dead 2 :facepalm. But still, looking for a decent single player game for now. Any suggestions?

hold this L
03-03-2020, 01:24 AM
MP
Counter strike
COD 1 + 2
The Last of Us
FIFA

SP
The Last of Us
Final Fantasy IX + X
Metal Gear Solid 3
Gran Turismo 3
God of War PS4
Shadow of the Colossus
Uncharted 2
Legend of Dragoon
Super Mario Galaxy
Zelda OOT

Smook A.
03-03-2020, 04:48 PM
I'm a big fan of the GTA series but my ultimate favorite is GTA 4. I absolutely loved the story and enjoyed the simple, and fun online gameplay.

I've probably replayed the story 5 or 6 times since the game's release in 2008.

I'm also a fan of the Uncharted series, God of War, Skyrim, and The Witcher

CeltsGarlic
03-04-2020, 10:37 AM
Yakuza 0, Heroes of might and magic 3, nba live 2003, nba 2k9, GTA vice city and maybe stronghold crusader

glidedrxlr22
03-04-2020, 11:45 AM
I've been gaming for 35+ years. My favorites include:

Demon Attack (Atari 2600)
Sidearms (Turbografx-16)
Resident Evil series...mainly RE2
God of War series
Witcher 3
International Superstar Soccer series from the N64 days....otherwise known as Pro Evolution Soccer
the original NB2K from Dreamcast

I'm sure I'm missing some, but these are the ones that came to mind.

CeltsGarlic
03-04-2020, 11:48 AM

Sidearms (Turbografx-16)
God of War series
Witcher 3
International Superstar Soccer series from the N64 days....otherwise known as Pro Evolution Soccer

is it really that good? I only played the part when u chase that lil girl, then I fell from 6 feet, died and turned the game off. Seemed clunky and not "best game ever" like so many proclaimed.

glidedrxlr22
03-04-2020, 12:48 PM
is it really that good? I only played the part when u chase that lil girl, then I fell from 6 feet, died and turned the game off. Seemed clunky and not "best game ever" like so many proclaimed.

I would put it as my #1 rpg of all time. Even ahead of Dark Souls and I love the Dark Souls series. It might not be for everybody. It weaves a good story and some side missions are better than main missions. I played Witcher 3 and all its dlcs and I was left wanting more.

fsvr54
03-04-2020, 10:12 PM

It's WAYYY more about the writing and worldbuilding than the actual moment-to-moment gameplay. It's probably the best written game I've played. If you really liked the Red Dead games and GTA 4, I'd recommend it.

HylianNightmare
03-05-2020, 10:03 AM
Also shout out golden sun series. Hella underrated JRPG if you are into those. Right up there with chronos, dragonwarrior and FF

BarberSchool
03-05-2020, 01:37 PM
Reposting for own reference/yall's-benefit lol:

Fighting games
3. Marvel vs. Capcom 1 (Sega Dreamcast)
4. Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Sega Dreamcast, PS3 by Iron Galaxy)
5. X-Men vs. Street Fighter (Sega Saturn)
6. Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter (Sega Saturn)
7. Capcom vs. SNK 2 (Sega Dreamcast)
8. Marvel Super Heroes (Sega Saturn)
9. Dragonball FighterZ (PS4)
10. Guilty Gear Xrd Rev.2 (PS4)
11. Skullgirls Encore (PS4)
12. Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact (Sega Dreamcast)
13. Street Fighter Alpha 3 (Sega Saturn)
14. Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix (PS3)
15. Capcom vs. SNK (Sega Dreamcast)
16. BlazBlue: Cross tag (PS4)
17. Samurai Shodown VI (PS3/PS4)
18. Last Blade 2 (Sega Dreamcast)
19. Street Fighter Alpha 2 Gold (Sega Saturn)
20. Pocket Fighter (Sega Saturn)

Kart Racers:

Platformers:
4. Yoshi’s Island (SNES) (shout to the drug level)(game should be remade for Switch by GOOD-FEELS)

1. Wind Waker HD (Wii U)
2. Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo Switch)
3. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii U)
4. Breath of the Wild (Switch & Wii U)
5. Rayman 2: Great Escape (Sega Dreamcast)

Beat em up/hack-n-slash:
2. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (PS3/PS4)
3. Sengoku 3 (Nintendo Switch)
4. Dragon's Crown (PS3/PS4)
6. Guardian Heroes (Sega Saturn)

Sports:
2. NBA JAM (Wii)
3. NBA JAM (Sega Saturn)
4. NBA Street 2&3 (GameCube, PS2)

Puzzle:
3. Saturn Bomberman (Sega Saturn)
4. Tetris Party Deluxe (Wii)
5. Tetris Plus (Sega Saturn)
6. Super Puzzle Fighter (Sega Dreamcast)

Axe
03-06-2020, 05:05 PM
I loved nba live 09 and nba 2k11 because they had good soundtracks

Pushxx
03-06-2020, 05:41 PM
I loved nba live 09 and nba 2k11 because they had good soundtracks

2k11 was the shitttt
Once they added in-game currency the entire series went to shit

DoctorP
03-06-2020, 05:55 PM
Reposting for own reference/yall's-benefit lol:

Fighting games

Kart Racers:

Platformers:

1. Wind Waker HD (Wii U)
4. Breath of the Wild (Switch & Wii U)
5. Rayman 2: Great Escape (Sega Dreamcast)

Beat em up/hack-n-slash:
6. Guardian Heroes (Sega Saturn)

Sports:
2. NBA JAM (Wii)
3. NBA JAM (Sega Saturn)
4. NBA Street 2&3 (GameCube, PS2)

Puzzle:
3. Saturn Bomberman (Sega Saturn)
4. Tetris Party Deluxe (Wii)
5. Tetris Plus (Sega Saturn)
6. Super Puzzle Fighter (Sega Dreamcast)

https://media.tenor.com/images/862e32f7203547e0a84844de3dfafb73/tenor.gif

DoctorP
03-06-2020, 05:56 PM

Sidearms (Turbografx-16)
God of War series
Witcher 3

https://now.estarland.com/images/products/19/27319/AT2600-Demon-Attack-by-Imagic-large-image.jpg

Manny98
03-06-2020, 08:30 PM
My top 10 all time.

1. Witcher 3
2. Dragon Age Origins
3. Dragon Age 2
4. Dragon Age Inquisition
5. Telltale Walking Dead
6. NBA 2k16
7. Borderlands 2
8. COD BO1
9. Pokémon series
10. Dragon Ball budokai 3

BarberSchool
03-07-2020, 07:40 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/862e32f7203547e0a84844de3dfafb73/tenor.gifFinal edit.
Now featuring even longer&wiser beard!

Fighting games

Platformers:
4. Super Mario World 1&2 / Yoshi’s Island (SNES) (shout to the drug level)(game should be remade for Switch by GOOD-FEELS)
6. Ori & The Blind Forest
7. Super Paper Mario (Wii)
8. Yoshi's Wooly World (Wii U)
9. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Switch)
10. Wario Land: Shake It! (Wii)
11. Super Mario Bros 3 (NES)
12. Kirby: Return to Dreamland (Wii)
13. Trine Trilogy (Switch)
14. Astal (Sega Saturn)
15. Child of Light (PS4)
16. Yoshi's Crafted World (Switch)
17. Donkey Kong Country returns (Wii U)
18. Shantae: 1/2 genie 1/2 hero (Switch)
19. Monster Boy & Cursed Kingdom (Switch)
20. Mega man: Power Fighters & Power Battle (Arcade/ PS2)

3D-Action-Adventure/open-world:
1. Wind Waker HD (Wii U)
4. Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch & Wii U)
5. Super Mario Sunshine (GameCube)
6. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
7. Zelda: Link Between Worlds (Nintendo 3DS)
8. Zelda: Link to the Past (SNES)
9. Super Mario 64 (N64)
10. Rayman 2: Great Escape (Sega Dreamcast)
11. Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal (PS2)
12. Spiderman (PS4)
13. Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
14. Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
15. Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch)
16. Banjo Kazooie (N64)
17. Batman Arkham City (PS3)
18. Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4)
19. Witcher 3 (PS4)
20. Zelda Ocarina of Time (N64)

Kart Racers:

Beat em up/Hack-n-Slash:
6. Knights of Valour 3 (Arcade)
7. Guardian Heroes (Sega Saturn)
8. The Punisher (Arcade)
9. Alien vs. Predator (Arcade)
10. TMNT: Turtles in Time (Arcade)
11. Madworld (Wii)
12. Final Fight (Arcade)

Sports:
2. NBA JAM (Wii)
3. NBA JAM (Sega Saturn)
4. NBA Playgrounds 2 (PS4)
5. NBA Street 2&3 (GameCube, PS2) [Street1 can kick rocks cause no Bobbito]

Im so nba'd out
03-11-2020, 03:40 AM
Gta 2-5
Super Tecmo Bowl
Madden 03 - 07 on xbox/ps4/gamecube
NBA street vol 2
Gears of War 1
Diablo 2
Sonic 2 and 3
Modern Warfare 2 and 3
NBA 2k10
Left for dead 2
Puzzle fighter
super smash bros
pokemon yellow,crystal, emerald
pokemon stadium 2
crash nitro racing
mario kart
NBA hangtime
Nba live 03 & 05
twisted metal 2
golden eye
wrestemania 2000
wcw vs nwo revenge
wcw vs nwo world tour
matrix video game (mid 2000's)
Tony hawk pro skater 2
streets of rage 2

i could keep going

thought of some more

Dynasty Warriors 2
Final Fantasy 10
Paper Mario
Mario RPG
Earthbound
Friday the 13 (xbox one not nes)
DBZ xenoverse
Life is strange
Ncaa football 2006 (ps2/xbox)
Mario Tennis
Mario Party
Mario Golf
Sonic 1
breaktime pool game (nes)
killer instinct
nba courtside
crusin' the world

alright thats enough now....i had a big group of friends who were all gamers everywhere i moved too.crazy i know.i got to try a lot of fking games.From every generation on every system

these above were all the best with GTA by far being the best
bored and remembered this thread...here is a couple more

The sims
roller coaster tycoon
sim theme park
super smash bros melee (the memories...)
pokemon stadium one
pokemon snap
spiderman 3 (xbox 360)
mario sunshine
call of duty 2 (ps2)
pikmin
the warriors (ps2)
shadow of memories (ps2)
Looney Tunes B-Ball

i was blessed to play a lot of different games i would of never tried for free

best single player game gta series
best game online diablo ii or gears one
best game with multplayer in person smash melee or goldeneye
most slept on game i named left 4 dead 2

DoctorP
03-11-2020, 03:42 AM
been playing a lot of NES Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 and 3.

Arcade is so much better. The OG arcade game has perfect level design even though the sequel has better gameplay and gfx

scuzzy
03-11-2020, 03:50 AM
been playing a lot of NES Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 and 3.

Arcade is so much better. The OG arcade game has perfect level design even though the sequel has better gameplay and gfx
bruh

so many quarters were spent

https://i.postimg.cc/cJJWhdyN/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Arcade-Game-88984-1564104320.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

SNES turtles in time was a classic

https://i.postimg.cc/pTDsnnGV/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-IV-Turtles-in-Time-SNES-Gandorion.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

DoctorP
03-11-2020, 04:15 AM
bruh

so many quarters were spent

https://i.postimg.cc/cJJWhdyN/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Arcade-Game-88984-1564104320.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

SNES turtles in time was a classic

https://i.postimg.cc/pTDsnnGV/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-IV-Turtles-in-Time-SNES-Gandorion.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Yes both are top tier "belt scrollers" as the scholars call em. Basically what I used to call a beat-em-up. XMen 6 player was another high point for Konami, they milked that engine.

scuzzy
03-11-2020, 04:23 AM
Yes both are top tier "belt scrollers" as the scholars call em. Basically what I used to call a beat-em-up. XMen 6 player was another high point for Konami, they milked that engine.

Yes

They had this arcade joint by me that was open 24/7 on the weekends and after 9pm you could play unlimited games for $20 until 6am.

Over night heaven for a 5th grader

NBA Jam, Killer Instinct, Simpsons, Neo-Geo, etc it was prime mid-90's Arcade before Playstation/Xbox/Dave n Busters took over

DoctorP
03-11-2020, 04:39 AM
Yes

They had this arcade joint by me that was open 24/7 on the weekends and after 9pm you could play unlimited games for $20 until 6am.

Over night heaven for a 5th grader

NBA Jam, Killer Instinct, Simpsons, Neo-Geo, etc it was prime mid-90's Arcade before Playstation/Xbox/Dave n Busters took over

Yeah I have early memories of playing Haunted Castle, Ghosts N Goblins, Punch Out, Galaga, Gradius, RType, Final Fight, Shinobi, Contra... the list goes on and on. I started in the arcade when the arcade was 16 bit and the home was early 8 bit

the arcade was the place for the best gaming by far in the US until nintendo started bringing it back at home

DoctorP
03-11-2020, 04:58 AM
Final edit.
Now featuring even longer&wiser beard!

Notables:

Fighting games
1. Super Street Fighter 2X
2. Samurai Shodown 4
3. Marvel vs. Capcom 1
4. Marvel vs. Capcom 2
5. Mortal Kombat 2
6. Virtua Fighter 2
7. Tekken
8. Killer Instinct

Platformers:
1. Super Mario 3
2. CastleVania 4
3. CastleVania 3
4. Ninja Gaiden 3
5. Act Raiser
6. Sonic 2
7. Joust

Shooters:
1. RType 2
2. Galaga
3. Robotron
4. 1943 Kai

3D-Action-Adventure/open-world:
1. Breath Of The Wild
2. GTA Vice City
3. Super Mario Odyssey
4. Mario 64
5. Resident Evil
6. Metal Gear Solid 2

Racers:
1. FZero
2. Road Rash 2
3. Mario Kart 10
4. Out Run 2005

Action:
1. Shinobi
2. Aliens
3. Robocop
4. Elevator Action Returns

Beat em up :
1. Punisher
2. Final Fight
3. TMNT
4. Aliens vs Predator
5. Xmen 6p

Sports:
1. NBA Hangtime
2. Tecmo Super Bowl
3. Madden 93

scuzzy
03-11-2020, 05:18 AM
Yeah I have early memories of playing Haunted Castle, Ghosts N Goblins, Punch Out, Galaga, Gradius, RType, Final Fight, Shinobi, Contra... the list goes on and on. I started in the arcade when the arcade was 16 bit and the home was early 8 bit

the arcade was the place for the best gaming by far in the US until nintendo started bringing it back at home
You would love this bar by me, it has over 100+ retro 16bit machines you can play for free as long as your drinking. Nostalgia palace

Japan still goes HAM with their arcades, like megaplex casino malls of Arcade games for miles, all state of the art shit. Even their vending machines are like arcade games with touch screens lol

DoctorP
03-11-2020, 05:19 AM
You would love this bar by me, it has over 100+ retro 16bit machines you can play for free as long as your drinking. Nostalgia palace

Japan still goes HAM with their arcades, like megaplex casino malls of Arcade games for miles, all state of the art shit. Even their vending machines are like arcade games with touch screens lol

yeah that does sound like a good time. theres nothing like the feel of the machine working at top spec and a lounge

scuzzy
03-11-2020, 05:50 AM
one of the hardest NES games still to this day

the water level @7:00 give me ptsd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9Bc69J6tSU

scuzzy
03-11-2020, 06:18 AM
Look at how smooth this game was from 1989

Most indie playstation games can't even match this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv1M5SSk7f8

DoctorP
03-11-2020, 06:28 AM
Look at how smooth this game was from 1989

Most indie playstation games can't even match this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv1M5SSk7f8

that gameplay was a big deal at the time. cutting edge. also you could play with your friends, at the same time. the 4 player games were huge and the 6p too. NBAJam was huge. Games up to that point made big money by having a big machine. These multiplayer and then the fighting games became the huge pay days.

Double Dragon was a big deal with the quarter munching.

DoctorP
03-11-2020, 06:42 AM
one of the hardest NES games still to this day

the water level @7:00 give me ptsd

this game still gives me migraines. big time difficulty. some questionable design choices

scuzzy
03-11-2020, 07:03 AM
this game still gives me migraines. big time difficulty. some questionable design choices
Yeah it wasn't a one shot and dead hard difficulty

It was just bad mechanics and goofy level design, plus no option to continue. Once all 4 turtles are dead you have to start from the beginning

scuzzy
03-11-2020, 07:09 AM
that gameplay was a big deal at the time. cutting edge. also you could play with your friends, at the same time. the 4 player games were huge and the 6p too. NBAJam was huge. Games up to that point made big money by having a big machine. These multiplayer and then the fighting games became the huge pay days.

Double Dragon was a big deal with the quarter munching.

the x-men 6 player was a big hit for it's time especially because of the double wide screen it had.

even today they really don't develop games like that unless it's a PC flight sim or something

https://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/blogs/lists/x-men%20arcade.jpg

DoctorP
03-11-2020, 07:38 AM
the x-men 6 player was a big hit for it's time especially because of the double wide screen it had.

even today they really don't develop games like that unless it's a PC flight sim or something

https://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/blogs/lists/x-men%20arcade.jpg

yessss, I forgot about the dual screen. Oooh yeah, thats a beauty.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/r1wGrCEZ4zTeU/giphy.gif

scuzzy
03-11-2020, 07:49 AM
damn Doc got me going down this retro arcade YT rabbit hole @ 7am n shit :lol

the feels

SwayDizzle
03-11-2020, 08:13 AM

Damn, this place sounds fun af

SwayDizzle
03-11-2020, 08:16 AM
The best video game ever made is Starcraft 2 tho. It’s by far the toughest game I ever played.

DoctorP
03-11-2020, 09:25 AM
damn Doc got me going down this retro arcade YT rabbit hole @ 7am n shit :lol

the feels

:cheers:

DoctorP
03-11-2020, 09:26 AM
The best video game ever made is Starcraft 2 tho. It’s by far the toughest game I ever played.

yeah that game gets high praise

scuzzy
03-11-2020, 09:27 AM
Damn, this place sounds fun af
bro it's legit primo dank

http://www.16-bitbar.com/cleveland

DoctorP
03-11-2020, 10:14 AM

http://www.16-bitbar.com/cleveland

not bad. check out barcade in bk. theres others.

supposedly one in chicago is the king

scuzzy
03-11-2020, 10:28 AM
not bad. check out barcade in bk. theres others.

supposedly one in chicago is the king
Yeah retro hipster arcade bars are starting to pop up and make a comeback. It's dope

I read recently GameStop's are shutting down hundreds of stores and going to be turning their big locations into like those internet cafe/LAN style joints pretty soon. Try to reface their market before they faceplant and go bankrupt

DoctorP
03-11-2020, 10:32 AM
Yeah retro hipster arcade bars are starting to pop up and make a comeback. It's dope

I read recently GameStop's are shutting down hundreds of stores and going to be turning their big locations into like those internet cafe/LAN style joints pretty soon. Try to reface their market before they faceplant and go bankrupt

hmm, i guess its a desperation move before liquidating properties? first toys r us now the gamestop. amazon killing everyone maybe amazon should have a store or is bezos not into that

scuzzy
03-11-2020, 10:36 AM
hmm, i guess its a desperation move before liquidating properties? first toys r us now the gamespot. amazon killing everyone maybe amazon should have a store or is bezos not into that
digital games, PS5 and XBox X series will be the last platform to have hard discs. After that it'll be all cloud streaming and how Steam is on PC.

just like our good ole CD Album stores, cutthroat by Napster, Limewire, Iturnes. Blockbuster, Video rentals to now Netflix

even Redbox's are dying to the digital age

glidedrxlr22
03-11-2020, 11:18 AM
https://now.estarland.com/images/products/19/27319/AT2600-Demon-Attack-by-Imagic-large-image.jpg

Yeah that's the one. My first favorite game. I remember the Atari 2600 didn't have a pause function. So I would have to build up many lives in order to take a quick piss. I could hear my ship getting blown up over and over while peeing. I would make it back just in time. :oldlol:

DoctorP
03-11-2020, 11:24 AM
Yeah that's the one. My first favorite game. I remember the Atari 2600 didn't have a pause function. So I would have to build up many lives in order to take a quick piss. I could hear my ship getting blown up over and over while peeing. I would make it back just in time. :oldlol:

yea that remains a good game. ill play it once in a while as well as cosmic ark. ive played some pitfall recently.

Phoenix
03-11-2020, 12:43 PM
hmm, i guess its a desperation move before liquidating properties? first toys r us now the gamestop. amazon killing everyone maybe amazon should have a store or is bezos not into that

Partly, but it's also the way gaming is transitioning to digital. No need for a physical game retailer with thousands of stores when more people now are going digital. What's left of the physical market only needs amazon, or places like Bestbuy/target/Walmart that sell games among other things. Plus who needs to go to Gaemstop being offered pennies for their trade-ins when you can just post your shit up on facebook and get decent resale?

Their entire mode of business is antiquated and they took too long to adapt to the shift. I seriously doubt they will be around when the PS6/Xbox 'whatever' is ready to hit.

BarberSchool
03-11-2020, 01:08 PM

http://www.16-bitbar.com/clevelandCome to Chicago.
We have a retro arcade in the west burbs that has 800 games.
Galloping Ghost

DoctorP
03-12-2020, 07:36 AM
Come to Chicago.
Galloping Ghost

yea thats the big one

scuzzy
03-12-2020, 08:04 AM
Come to Chicago.
Galloping Ghost

damn how do you even navigate? i would get lost :lol

do they have a website, wanna see the layout

clipps
03-09-2021, 04:16 PM
Rock band/Guitar Hero series
The Ultimate Doom/Doom 2/Final Doom

CeltsGarlic
03-09-2021, 05:31 PM
Red dead 2
Disco Elysium
Yakuza 0
NBA 2K9
Heroes of might and magic 3

Have anyone else played yakuza series?

Gohan
03-09-2021, 09:14 PM
I have one that everyone should try. Jade empire for original Xbox I was blown away by the story. Literally a 10/10 game

Axe
03-09-2021, 10:53 PM
Saints row
Fate
Gta
Gran turismo
League

Etc

Gougou
03-10-2021, 12:47 AM
No order from oldest to new umm:

Heroes of Might and Magic 3
Warcraft 3
Diablo 2
Runescape
Maplestory
World of Warcraft (Burning Crusade, WOTLK)
Monster Hunter
NBA 2K
Madden
GTA, III, Vice City Stories, Vice City, San Andreas, GTA IV, GTA 5.
Dota 2
League of Legends
Monster Legends
Call of Duties Mobile
Fortnite
MTG Arenas.

CeltsGarlic
03-10-2021, 03:53 PM
No order from oldest to new umm:

Heroes of Might and Magic 3
Warcraft 3
Diablo 2
Runescape
Maplestory
World of Warcraft (Burning Crusade, WOTLK)
Monster Hunter
NBA 2K
Madden
GTA, III, Vice City Stories, Vice City, San Andreas, GTA IV, GTA 5.
Dota 2
League of Legends
Monster Legends
Call of Duties Mobile
Fortnite
MTG Arenas.

How would you rank GTA games that youve played?

DoctorP
03-10-2021, 05:02 PM
As of today:
NBA Maximum Hangtime (arcade)
Tetris Plus (snes)
River Raid (Atari)
Super Mario World (snes)
Super Mario Land (GB)

HylianNightmare
03-11-2021, 05:42 AM
Smash brothers

Gohan
03-11-2021, 01:29 PM
Smash brothers

I think melee is still the best one I was untouchable with young link

Prometheus
03-11-2021, 02:49 PM
ssb64

brood war

ff7

diddy kong racing

rocket league

polytopia

nba hang time

the nhl and the nhlpa presents: wayne gretzky's 3d hockey

Gohan
03-12-2021, 03:31 PM
ssb64

brood war

ff7

diddy kong racing

rocket league

polytopia

nba hang time

the nhl and the nhlpa presents: wayne gretzky's 3d hockey

You must of been stopped playing video games lol. Nostalgia at its finest

rawimpact
03-12-2021, 03:47 PM
Nba In the zone 2

I played with Utah Jazz, Jeff Horancek and Spurs with Vinny Del Negro as primary options.

Stanley Kobrick
03-12-2021, 04:09 PM
i have goldentee arcade1up and nba jam arcade1up. weren't allowed video games growing up, we had those hand held ones

https://www.lulu-berlu.com/upload/image/tiger---handheld-game----ninja-gaiden-p-image-291238-grande.jpg

HylianNightmare
03-13-2021, 06:12 AM
I think melee is still the best one I was untouchable with young link

Same ultimate is definitely number 2 but thr physics of melee are goat. Link and young link were my dudes