PDA

View Full Version : Are the Clippers a Tristan Thompson away from being clear favorites to win the Chip?

PickernRoller
12-28-2019, 05:46 PM
I think it's pretty evident that after the Christmas game; the best team in the league is the Los Angeles Clippers.

That is not to say the Clippers don't have deficiencies that they need to address. In my opinion they need a solid interior rim protector and elite rebounder.

If there was one glaring hole in the Lakers-Clippers match up that the Lakers exploited all game long was the Davis mismatch vs. Zubac and Harrel, and how the Laker bigs outmuscled the Clipper bigs down low. Bran was completely neutralized, and you would expect that when you have 3 elite perimeter defenders... so Bran ain't a problem - Davis and the Laker bigs are.

A guy like Tristan Thompson is the perfect fit to fix that vulnerability. The man has a strong wide core (aka booty) and is a magnet for rebounds. The type of defensive player Davis won't simply be able to bully down low, thus forced to take contested shots. He will also help Clippers rebound better in big vs. big match ups.

I'm not here saying the Clippers are a poor rebounding team... their guards are elite at it. Their bigs however, they ain't all that when facing the Davis/Dwight/McGee combo.

Tristan Thompson can only help the Clippers, and not just with the Lakers, which should be the most immediate pressing need, but also the Bucks and Giannis, in the eventuality that the Bucks make the Finals.

Do you agree that the Clips are one elite-defensive-rebounding big away from a locked title (barring major injuries of course)?

Who should the Clippers trade/offer for Tristan?

Manny98
12-28-2019, 05:53 PM
Kawhi needs MORE help? :roll: :roll:

AlternativeAcc.
12-28-2019, 05:55 PM
Moar HELP!!!!!!!!!

PickernRoller
12-28-2019, 05:58 PM
Lol at the baby crying. I think it's pretty much consensus among the Laker fanbase that we need an elite peremeter defender to throw at Kawhi (aka Iggy - used to be Butler but Kawhi fvcked Bran raw at the deadline so we know that), since Bran can't guard for shit, and Green, Rondo and Bradley are too small for him. But that conversation has been had to death on ISH. Not about the Clippers tho...

Although I'm more of the opinion we need an elite closer next to Davis instead of Bran's corpse... but that's a broken record broadcasting on a dead line.

KD7
12-28-2019, 06:05 PM
Clippers already have by far the most stacked team in the league yet LeBron haters are still nervous that they want the Clippers to be even more stacked :oldlol:

NBASTATMAN
12-28-2019, 06:15 PM
Lol at the baby crying. I think it's pretty much consensus among the Laker fanbase that we need an elite peremeter defender to throw at Kawhi (aka Iggy - used to be Butler but Kawhi fvcked Bran raw at the deadline so we know that), since Bran can't guard for shit, and Green, Rondo and Bradley are too small for him. But that conversation has been had to death on ISH. Not about the Clippers tho...

Although I'm more of the opinion we need an elite closer next to Davis instead of Bran's corpse... but that's a broken record broadcasting on a dead line.

IGGY and DELLY aren't big moves but I like DELLY 's energy and he can actually run a team for a couple of minutes. Will this help beat the CLIPS.. I doubt it but the CLIPS just have too much talent on both sides of the floor.THE Lakers need someone to go at Beverly and get under the skin of LOU Williams and maybe KAWHI.. But Kawhi doesn't seem to be fazed by anything .. He is the most stone cold player I have ever seen.

These moves would help Bolster THE LAKERS and possibly get them to the finals because the only team that can beat the CLIPS are THE ROCKETS cuz they have two guys that can break down that defense..
So the best solution is not having to play them.. lol

Dallas imo is also better than the LAKERS ..

RealSkipBayless
12-28-2019, 06:16 PM
Moar HELP!!!!!!!!!
8th seed Clippers that took KD warriors to 6 games + Paul George isn't enough. :lol

PickernRoller
12-28-2019, 06:25 PM
Kawhi gets fazed but he's very composed like all the elite all-time greats. When he was bricking freethrows in the 2013 Finals you could see it in his body language. His eyes are usually a tell sign when he's at a loss - going a billion directions and down. He's a much more experienced, hardened killer now so its more rare.

I don't mind Delly but we already have Rondo and Bradley... what are we going to give up for Delly?

Rondo can be dirty and play physical if that's whats required of him. He didn't earn the playoff Rondo moniker for nothing. Sure he's not the same as back then but neither is Delly. Lakers need Iggy no way to slice that one.

Edit: Dallas aint better than the Lakers. Those kids will get clamped down in the post-season. You just watch.

qrich
12-28-2019, 06:38 PM
Didn't Pat Bev outrebound AD that game?

Clippers biggest issue isn't rebounding, it's having a taller bruiser than Montrezl and Doc staggering his line ups better. Id also say a legit ball handler off the bench besides Lou would also be great

NBASTATMAN
12-28-2019, 06:39 PM
Kawhi gets fazed but he's very composed like all the elite all-time greats. When he was bricking freethrows in the 2013 Finals you could see it in his body language. His eyes are usually a tell sign when he's at a loss - going a billion directions and down. He's a much more experienced, hardened killer now so its more rare.

I don't mind Delly but we already have Rondo and Bradley... what are we going to give up for Delly?

Rondo can be dirty and play physical if that's whats required of him. He didn't earn the playoff Rondo moniker for nothing. Sure he's not the same as back then but so isn't Delly. Lakers need Iggy no way to slice that one.

Edit: Dallas aint better than the Lakers. Those kids will get clamped down in the post-season. You just watch.

Lakers really got slapped by waiting for KAWHI.. They could have gotten BROGDAN . He was good vs KAWHI last season.. He would have made the match up pretty close..

PickernRoller
12-28-2019, 06:52 PM
Lakers really got slapped by waiting for KAWHI.. They could have gotten BROGDAN . He was good vs KAWHI last season.. He would have made the match up pretty close..

Or Butler... better all around. And I don't buy the talk that Butler had already made up his mind about going to SouthBeach....

Lakers just didn't pursue him early and hard as they should have cause they wanted Kawhi... simple as that. You come with the Brink trucks to Butler, and show that playa LA. He's all in. But Bran got played so....

superduper
12-28-2019, 08:05 PM
This might be the highest IQ thread in the history of ISH.

Proctor
12-28-2019, 10:29 PM
They should have grabbed Zach Randolph before he called it quits and retired the other day. The Lakers trying to match the bullies of Harrell and Randolph? :roll:

90sgoat
12-28-2019, 10:43 PM
Yes, Clips are too short.

Should not be too difficult to find someone.

Might I suggest Boban for Harrell?