PDA

View Full Version : FMVP tradeoffs = lack of dominance

egokiller
12-29-2019, 03:03 PM
Lebron has won FMVP over guys like Iggy, Kawhi, Parker, and KD but all of them have also won FMVP over him. Wtf is this back and forth bullshit? Is this how to show others that you are not dominant? A real alpha wins his FMVP

SouBeachTalents
12-29-2019, 03:12 PM
Idk, this list looks pretty dominant to me

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClbW38GUkAAGtTM.jpg

The Iron Fist
12-29-2019, 03:14 PM
Idk, this list looks pretty dominant to me

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClbW38GUkAAGtTM.jpg
Post the finals losses for each now, then you

Bankaii
12-29-2019, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE=The Iron Fist]Post the finals losses for each now, then you

egokiller
12-29-2019, 03:23 PM
[QUOTE=The Iron Fist]Post the finals losses for each now, then you

Rico2016
12-29-2019, 03:23 PM
[QUOTE=The Iron Fist]Post the first round losses for each now, then you

'Toine=MVP
12-29-2019, 03:29 PM
[QUOTE=Bankaii]I know you

egokiller
12-29-2019, 03:29 PM

red1
12-29-2019, 03:31 PM
if you got chased off your main account after being proven a bitch - and then IF YOU'RE STILL trolling a 35-year old player named the athlete of the decade, then you're probably a loser.

I'm sorry that's just a fact straight_ballin.

egokiller
12-29-2019, 03:36 PM
if you got chased off your main account after being proven a bitch - and then IF YOU'RE STILL trolling a 35-year old player named the athlete of the decade, then you're probably a loser.

I'm sorry that's just a fact straight_ballin.

“he’s 35 you leave him alone you bully!” :lol

Another white flag response from some triggered loser over the fact that his hero Lebron isn’t dominant. Keep them coming. :applause:

red1
12-29-2019, 03:38 PM
“he’s 35 you leave him alone you bully!” :lol

Another white flag response from someone triggered over the fact that Lebron isn’t dominant. Keep them coming. :applause:
Im glad thats the only part that you caught in my post straight_ballin because its also a fact. :oldlol:

The MAIN point was that you got chased off your account like a bitch after you were proven wrong. And then you came right back like a dog with his tail tucked between his legs repeating the same shit under a new username - again like a bitch. :oldlol:

SouBeachTalents
12-29-2019, 03:39 PM
If you are asking this question seriously then you'll understand that there were very few seasons in which LeBron making the finals was all that special. A few were solid accomplishments, but he was playing most of his career in a watered down East. And he did play some pretty tough opponents in the Finals overall, but not amazing opponents (other than the Warriors team after adding KD).

A fair question is how much weight we put on Shaq's Finals wins as a lot of those (when he was clearly the best player anyway) were against similarly weak East teams. However, during Shaq's peak, he got the finals a good amount and faced VERY tough competition to get there, and did get the job done there for the most part.

I'd say every rational person would say Shaq's playoff resume is a lot better than LeBron's playoff resume. Even the people that like LeBron a lot and have some misgivings about Shaq.
Idk about that. There are a number of things you can point to about Shaq's playoff resume, like him being swept 5 times in 6 seasons, and 6 times overall for his career. And say what you want about LeBron, he's scored 25 ppg or more 12/13 times in the playoffs, which is a number Shaq failed to reach after age 30/31

red1
12-29-2019, 03:39 PM
if you're so smart straight_ballin then why did you ditch your main account after the summer of 2016? did something happen that year? :oldlol:

'Toine=MVP
12-29-2019, 03:40 PM
LeBron was/is physically dominant. But he doesn't have a dominant mental game and will. And the people that put LeBron #2 on all time lists (or #1), just don't care about the stuff that matters to the rest of us.

The only reasonable opinion is that LeBron was physically dominant and he was good in most finals, sometimes quite good, but just usually not good enough and while it looks quite great when compared to players that fall outside the top 10, he looks quite pedestrian, if not lacking, when compared to most of the other top 10 players (and LeBron is definitely top 10).

Rico2016
12-29-2019, 03:42 PM
if you're so smart straight_ballin then why did you ditch your main account after the summer of 2016? did something happen that year? :oldlol:

I just can't accept that any man would be so distraught and broken over another man winning a basketball game that they had to abandon an electronic persona to create another identity.

Did he really do this?

Ego...Did LeBron break your e-persona, causing you to create another one?

egokiller
12-29-2019, 03:43 PM
Im glad thats the only part that you caught in my post straight_ballin because its also a fact. :oldlol:

The MAIN point was that you got chased off your account like a bitch after you were proven wrong. And then you came right back like a dog with his tail tucked between his legs repeating the same shit under a new username - again like a bitch. :oldlol:

Every time I trigger you with facts about lebron that you can

'Toine=MVP
12-29-2019, 03:43 PM
Idk about that. There are a number of things you can point to about Shaq's playoff resume, like him being swept 5 times in 6 seasons, and 6 times overall for his career. And say what you want about LeBron, he's scored 25 ppg or more 12/13 times in the playoffs, which is a number Shaq failed to reach after age 30/31

I'm talking about their peaks. Yes, LeBron was one of the healthiest players ever, but played in an era where health has been prioritized over previous eras (yes even over Shaq's era to some degree). I really don't care if a player was only great for 8 years or 10 years or 15 or 20. The longer you play, the more chances you have to make up for poor performances in the past, and the more chances you get to put up raw finals totals and stats (neither of which is worth a TON), but the extended peak of LeBron itself doesn't make him better or more dominant than players with a normal or even somewhat short peak.

SouBeachTalents
12-29-2019, 03:47 PM
I'm talking about their peaks. Yes, LeBron was one of the healthiest players ever, but played in an era where health has been prioritized over previous eras (yes even over Shaq's era to some degree). I really don't care if a player was only great for 8 years or 10 years or 15 or 20. The longer you play, the more chances you have to make up for poor performances in the past, and the more chances you get to put up raw finals totals and stats (neither of which is worth a TON), but the extended peak of LeBron itself doesn't make him better or more dominant than players with a normal or even somewhat short peak.
We just disagree here bruh. I wouldn't dispute Shaq having a more dominant peak, there's a reason dude gets called the MDE :lol But he was a fat, lazy bastard, and to me, him not carrying over his dominance into his 30's, while LeBron was having some of his most dominant playoff series/runs in his 30's, makes a big difference, especially if we're talking about playoff resume/dominance

egokiller
12-29-2019, 03:51 PM

Peaks are good and all, but the bottom line is that one can

'Toine=MVP
12-29-2019, 04:00 PM
We just disagree here bruh. I wouldn't dispute Shaq having a more dominant peak, there's a reason dude gets called the MDE :lol But he was a fat, lazy bastard, and to me, him not carrying over his dominance into his 30's, while LeBron was having some of his most dominant playoff series/runs in his 30's, makes a big difference, especially if we're talking about playoff resume/dominance

I guess if you are REALLY down on Shaq's resume, you could possibly consider LeBron's to be similarly not that good, but I just don't think you can give double credit to an extended peak. He got more chances to prove himself worthy of a fairly high all time great status, but he has kind of flubbed it so far.

In order to achieve greatness, you need some luck. If KG happened to be paired with Pierce and Allen during everyone's peaks (or even avoided his career altering injury in 09), maybe all three are looked at very differently. If KG won 4 or 5 rings, he'd certainly be ranked higher than he currently is now, even though he wouldn't have been "better" or "more talented". He would have had a greater career though. But at least with KG, we saw what he could do when in his prime on a good team. He was a perfect 1 for 1. Maybe LeBron needed better teammates in order to have been considered a clear cut top 5 GOAT. I don't know. But we know he did fail pretty hard several times, especially that one finals. And part of the "luck" of LeBron's legacy is that other than a 2 (maybe 3) seasons vs Celtics, he had pretty much a gimmie to get to the finals. A lot of other greats or near greats would have loved that opportunity and maybe they would have taken greater advantage of it than LeBron did.

warriorfan
12-29-2019, 04:01 PM

Too bad Shaq couldn

red1
12-29-2019, 04:03 PM
Every time I trigger you with facts about lebron that you can’t refute you make your bullshit alt claims that I’m some guy that doesn’t post anymore.:lol

This time is no different. Lebron just isn’t dominant and trading FMVP’s with his opponents is factual evidence of this. Stop being triggered by it and just accept it as fact. Your false alt accusation bullshit isn’t going to work and you continue to embarrass yourself. :sleeping
you didnt trigger anything I just like talking shit to you because its fun and because you wont admit that you're straight_ballin even though everyone knows.

I honestly dont care if lbj gets swept to oblivion in the playoffs - Im a lakers hater its fun watching them when they struggle we'll get to see more snoop meltdowns.

bigkingsfan
12-29-2019, 04:06 PM
[QUOTE=warriorfan]Too bad Shaq couldn

SouBeachTalents
12-29-2019, 04:07 PM
Too bad Shaq couldn’t play vs the 38 win Hawks or a Bucks team lead by Monta Ellis and Brandon Jennings. Yes in 2013 a Bucks team of Monta Ellis and Brandon Jennings made the playoffs. Let that sink in for a moment...
Yet you sing the praises of Chris "4th best player in the league" Bosh winning 40 games in the same conference in 2010 :lol

35-47 were the 1995 Celtics, Shaq's first round.
Damn

warriorfan
12-29-2019, 04:17 PM
Yet you sing the praises of Chris "4th best player in the league" Bosh winning 40 games in the same conference in 2010 :lol

Damn

Look at Chris Bosh

Bankaii
12-29-2019, 04:29 PM
^
This guy again and his weak trolling. :lol

Pretending that a team that wins 73 games in the reg season is the same healthy, full strength team without multiple injuries in the finals that didn’t just come back from being down 3-1 in the wcf.
Nobody is talking about 2016 except you.
It did make you abandon an anonymous account tho so you’re clearly traumatized by it:oldlol:

And Steph was healthy in the WCF but magically injured in just the finals.

Bankaii
12-29-2019, 04:34 PM
If you are asking this question seriously then you'll understand that there were very few seasons in which LeBron making the finals was all that special. A few were solid accomplishments, but he was playing most of his career in a watered down East. And he did play some pretty tough opponents in the Finals overall, but not amazing opponents (other than the Warriors team after adding KD).

A fair question is how much weight we put on Shaq's Finals wins as a lot of those (when he was clearly the best player anyway) were against similarly weak East teams. However, during Shaq's peak, he got the finals a good amount and faced VERY tough competition to get there, and did get the job done there for the most part.

I'd say every rational person would say Shaq's playoff resume is a lot better than LeBron's playoff resume. Even the people that like LeBron a lot and have some misgivings about Shaq.
I didn

egokiller
12-29-2019, 05:15 PM
[QUOTE=Bankaii]Nobody is talking about 2016 except you.
It did make you abandon an anonymous account tho so you

'Toine=MVP
12-29-2019, 05:19 PM
[QUOTE=Bankaii]I didn

And1AllDay
12-29-2019, 05:20 PM
35-47 were the 1995 Celtics, Shaq's first round.

ouch :oldlol:

egokiller
12-29-2019, 05:56 PM
It isn't that anyone (hardly anyone anyway) is punishing LeBron for making the finals. It is just that "we" aren't giving him very much credit for making the finals. I think that is quite fair if you look at the East for most of the time he's been in the league.

The people that truly punish him would rather see him be 1 for 3 in the finals than 3 for 9. I think that is just silly. But that is probably what he would have been (1 for 3 or something like that) if the top teams in the NBA were more evenly spread between the East and the West for his career.

So it is a big bonus that he rarely had to play anyone decent before the finals in his career (and very rare that he actually won against those teams before the finals).

He has been statistically very good most of the time in the finals. But basketball is about more than stats and the talent on his finals teams has been very good (including him). He's just not a winner when compared to most of the other top 10 greatest players. And that is why all his stans keep bringing up his stats. It is pathetic and hurts his case.

Forget the whole stacked teams in the east and easy trips to the finals for a second. Those are just some of the red marks on this guy

Bankaii
12-29-2019, 06:10 PM
[QUOTE=egokiller]You said Lebron lost to the best team in the world. If you weren

Bankaii
12-29-2019, 06:15 PM
It isn't that anyone (hardly anyone anyway) is punishing LeBron for making the finals. It is just that "we" aren't giving him very much credit for making the finals. I think that is quite fair if you look at the East for most of the time he's been in the league.

The people that truly punish him would rather see him be 1 for 3 in the finals than 3 for 9. I think that is just silly. But that is probably what he would have been (1 for 3 or something like that) if the top teams in the NBA were more evenly spread between the East and the West for his career.

So it is a big bonus that he rarely had to play anyone decent before the finals in his career (and very rare that he actually won against those teams before the finals).

He has been statistically very good most of the time in the finals. But basketball is about more than stats and the talent on his finals teams has been very good (including him). He's just not a winner when compared to most of the other top 10 greatest players. And that is why all his stans keep bringing up his stats. It is pathetic and hurts his case.
3/9 is literally mocking him for making the finals and losing to a team that every other team in the league lost to. No one cared about finals records before Lebron.

egokiller
12-29-2019, 06:16 PM
[QUOTE=Bankaii]Jesus you

The Iron Fist
12-29-2019, 07:03 PM

warriorfan
12-29-2019, 07:07 PM
Post the teams they faced and their records. I think lebron has the record for most sub .500 teams faced in the playoffs, with 7. Two were even in the same year.

Imagine bragging about getting to the conference final when the two teams you just beat had a combined total of 82 wins during the regular season.:roll:

B-b-b-but he made the finals though!

My bran.

PickernRoller
12-29-2019, 07:14 PM
Bran's been dominant at gifting FMVP's to his competition. :oldlol:

In his "era", the only true Dynasty is the Curry GSW Dynasty.

In his "era" Curry, and soon Kawhi... will have 3 rings each. :rolleyes:

Fraud... broken record I know... but it's inescapable. Kid's an overrated player.

3ball
12-29-2019, 07:18 PM
shaq has the better accomplishment - 3-peat

superior peak

better Finals record

'Toine=MVP
12-29-2019, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=Bankaii]3/9 is literally mocking him for making the finals and losing to a team that every other team in the league lost to. No one cared about finals records before Lebron.

Bankaii
12-29-2019, 07:24 PM
You are desperately trying to have it both ways. He's been the best player in the league for a long time. So when he happens to win a title, he's pretty likely to get finals MVP. That's not a knock on him. He was the best player in the league when he lost in the finals too. But that isn't what matters when comparing him to other players that were the best in the league or among the best when THEY played. So yes 3 wins out of 9 is pretty darn good. If KG went to 9 finals in his prime (he went to one in his prime), maybe he'd only have 2 or maybe he'd have 3 or maybe 4 or 5 or more. Who knows? But we can't pretend LeBron hasn't had a long healthy career mostly on very strong overall teams in a very weak conference. That is the thing the Bron stans use to argue he was so great in the first place!
KG wasn

Real14
12-29-2019, 07:27 PM
Lebron deserved all of his FMVPS.

The Iron Fist
12-29-2019, 07:28 PM
Bran's been dominant at gifting FMVP's to his competition. :oldlol:

In his "era", the only true Dynasty is the Curry GSW Dynasty.

In his "era" Curry, and soon Kawhi... will have 3 rings each. :rolleyes:

Fraud... broken record I know... but it's inescapable. Kid's an overrated player.
How great is our Brod? Such a generous and gifting Brod. Nobody gives out finals mvps like our Brod. If you never thought Christmas existed in summer, you have not been watching all the gifts Brod gives out every June.

'Toine=MVP
12-29-2019, 07:43 PM
[QUOTE=Bankaii]KG wasn

SouBeachTalents
12-29-2019, 07:51 PM
shaq has the better accomplishment - 3-peat

superior peak

better Finals record
Well Shaq's peak was even better than Jordan's

Real14
12-29-2019, 07:53 PM
I agree.

egokiller
12-29-2019, 08:15 PM

Yes and that

Bankaii
12-29-2019, 08:17 PM
Vs Dallas obviously. But that's not the point I'm making. You keep responding to me as if I care about your arguments. Losing is the problem. It doesn't matter what kind of stats he put up in the losses. Nor does it matter what kind of stats he put up in the wins. He was the best player on his team and the best player in the league or at least in the mix. Same situation as the other top 10 greatest. If they went to more finals, they would have more fmvps than they ended up with. Its not hard to understand.
I was waiting for you to say that. Please explain how lebron was stat chasing in the Dallas series. They lost because he choked his ass off, not because he was chasing stats. Dude was literally afraid to touch the ball. You have no idea what you

Real14
12-29-2019, 08:18 PM
[QUOTE=egokiller]Yes and that

egokiller
12-29-2019, 08:46 PM
MJ was riding pippen's coattails and Rodman should of won 96 finals mvp.

MJ made Pippen.
Rodman would have needed to be better than MJ to win FMVP, which he wasn

Real14
12-29-2019, 08:55 PM
[QUOTE=egokiller]MJ made Pippen.
Rodman would have needed to be better than MJ to win FMVP, which he wasn

And1AllDay
12-29-2019, 08:57 PM

mike played 5 years without pippen and each year he was under 500 and 1 playoff win all 5 years :oldlol: :oldlol:

Real14
12-29-2019, 09:00 PM
mike played 5 years without pippen and each year he was under 500 and 1 playoff win all 5 years :oldlol: :oldlol:
1-9 to be exact.

egokiller
12-29-2019, 09:10 PM
1-9 to be exact.

What

'Toine=MVP
12-29-2019, 09:18 PM
[QUOTE=egokiller]What

And1AllDay
01-01-2020, 10:52 PM

:applause:

Duncan21formvp
01-02-2020, 12:38 AM
Shaq was much better than Lebron. Won with the team that drafted him.

SouBeachTalents
01-02-2020, 12:39 AM
:roll:

Lebron23
01-02-2020, 12:41 AM
This Asian is just a terrible troll. Orlando Magic drafted him in 1992 you stupid retard.

Gil Renard
01-02-2020, 01:01 AM

:hammerhead: