PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the 7th and 8th seeds in the West?

Doranku
12-30-2019, 09:37 AM
So the top 6 are (no order):

Lakers
Clippers
Rockets
Nuggets
Jazz
Mavs

Then we have:
7. OKC (17-15)
8. Blazers (14-19)

9. Spurs (13-18)
10. Grizz (13-21)
11. Suns (12-20)
12. Kings (12-21)
13. Wolves (11-20)
14. Pelicans (11-23)
15. Warriors (9-25)

Realistically any of these teams could snag the 8 seed, even the Warriors are only 5.5 games back from the Blazers. Which two teams get to be the Lakers & Clippers punching bags in the first round?

My guess would be the Blazers and Spurs.

GreatHILL
12-30-2019, 10:11 AM
the lakers

brownmamba00
12-30-2019, 10:59 AM
Spurs should make the playoffs but Aldridge doesn't seem to have it anymore.

Suns should catch up and take over the last spot. They have a good coach and good players. Ayton is back so I expect them to make a run.

Btw why are the Wolves still trash? Kat and Wiggs should be blossoming by now. Thats tuff.

Proctor
12-30-2019, 01:10 PM
OKC and SA. :cheers:

brooks_thompson
12-30-2019, 01:12 PM
Spurs should make the playoffs but Aldridge doesn't seem to have it anymore.

Suns should catch up and take over the last spot. They have a good coach and good players. Ayton is back so I expect them to make a run.

Btw why are the Wolves still trash? Kat and Wiggs should be blossoming by now. Thats tuff.

Seriously on the Wolves?? I mean...look at their roster. KAT, Covington, and a Wiggins who fell back down to earth. Then you've got Jeff "IDGAF Anymore" Teague and a bunch of young unproven players that Rosas brought in to replace the vets from last year. Rosas had a terrible summer, and is insisting on them playing this 'modern system' with, you guessed it, tons of 3s when they don't yet have the personnel for it.

I'm gonna go with how it is now. OKC and POR. If OKC sells off Gallinari and Adams, then Spurs will be fortunate to continue their streak.

superduper
12-30-2019, 01:26 PM
Seriously on the Wolves?? I mean...look at their roster. KAT, Covington, and a Wiggins who fell back down to earth. Then you've got Jeff "IDGAF Anymore" Teague and a bunch of young unproven players that Rosas brought in to replace the vets from last year. Rosas had a terrible summer, and is insisting on them playing this 'modern system' with, you guessed it, tons of 3s when they don't yet have the personnel for it.

I'm gonna go with how it is now. OKC and POR. If OKC sells off Gallinari and Adams, then Spurs will be fortunate to continue their streak.

Also the Wolves have absolutely no leaders.

Jimmy didn't want any piece of that. He probably saw way too much inexperience on the team on top of the coach Ryan Saunders. Don't know if he's good or bad but he's definitely not seasoned. No leadership from any of the players + none of the players really having a drive to win every single game + no leadership from coach is probably the answer to why they keep sucking.

Thibs was probably way too old school unwilling to adapt.