PDA

View Full Version : Steven Adams Appreciation Thread

Jasper
12-30-2019, 10:53 AM
STEVEN
ADAMS Oklahoma City Thunder Center HT/WT 6' 11", 265 lbs
DOB
7/20/1993 (26)
COLLEGE Pittsburgh DRAFT INFO 2013: Rd 1, Pk 12 (OKC)

One of my favorite centers to watch. Right now he continues to help Oak play well , so the question for you guys is -

Will this franchise trade him , before the trade deadline ???

I have no clue what team could use him to get over the hump and into the playoffs.

thoughts ...

Derka
12-30-2019, 11:13 AM
2013 was such a ridiculous draft year. It still chaps my ass that OKC took Adams with the pick right before the Celtics took Kelly f*cking Olynk, a pick that looks even worse given what Giannis has turned into. I really wanted Adams.

Not that it matters because I'm almost certain that Danny and Brad would have taken Kelly anyway since Brad's got a boner for big guys who shoot too many 3's, but Adams would have been goddamn perfect in Boston.

Celtics would have to give up something big to get him at the deadline but I'd at least see what OKC would ask for.

Real Men Wear Green
12-30-2019, 12:42 PM
I had wanted the CS to trade for him earlier in the year but since then learned that he makes 27 million per, a tough number to match in trade. Cs would have to give up one of the big 4 and with Walker being a recent signing, Tatum on a rookie deal and Brown just being extended that would mean Hayward. If Hayward wants to opt out then a deal makes a lot of sense but if he's content I would like to see what the Celtics finally have.

Unless OKC is willing to accept a bunch of reserves and some firsts. The Memphis pick should have some value.

brooks_thompson
12-30-2019, 12:54 PM
I had wanted the CS to trade for him earlier in the year but since then learned that he makes 27 million per, a tough number to match in trade. Cs would have to give up one of the big 4 and with Walker being a recent signing, Tatum on a rookie deal and Brown just being extended that would mean Hayward. If Hayward wants to opt out then a deal makes a lot of sense but if he's content I would like to see what the Celtics finally have.

Unless OKC is willing to accept a bunch of reserves and some firsts. The Memphis pick should have some value.

Hold on to that Memphis pick. I guarantee you it will jump up to a top 1-2 pick (next year, when it's unprotected). Never forget Danny Ainge is a lucky mother****er, and what could be luckier than getting a top 2 pick for Jeff Green.

Real Men Wear Green
12-30-2019, 01:32 PM
Hold on to that Memphis pick. I guarantee you it will jump up to a top 1-2 pick (next year, when it's unprotected). Never forget Danny Ainge is a lucky mother****er, and what could be luckier than getting a top 2 pick for Jeff Green.
Hopefully you're right but I don't think Morant will let them stay bad for long.

HylianNightmare
12-30-2019, 05:59 PM
Okc better keep him and make the playoffs

insidehoops
03-03-2020, 04:58 PM
His Thunder are doing better than anybody predicted.

brooks_thompson
03-03-2020, 09:22 PM
His Thunder are doing better than anybody predicted.

What's the deal with these half-assed bump posts? Do you really think you're engaging people?

bobopenguin
03-04-2020, 06:12 AM
What's the deal with these half-assed bump posts? Do you really think you're engaging people?

lol.
next one probably gonna be Jru Holiday appreciation thread.

coin24
03-04-2020, 07:00 AM

Traffic looks to be at an all time low.. where is everyone?
Maybe if they opened registration more than once a decade and for new people instead of wheels it wouldn't be a ghost town now..