PDA

View Full Version : Most underrated teams? 2019-2020

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-30-2019, 12:20 PM
Houston. Denver. Both LA teams. Boston. Milwaukee. Philly. Right now they're probably the heavy hitters.

Who are teams under the radar though? Clubs that play good basketball AND are entertaining...but might not have the best record.

Real14
12-30-2019, 12:24 PM
Raptors and Nets.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-30-2019, 12:35 PM
Raptors and Nets.

Raps have been pretty good without Kawhi. Surprisingly. They're a darkhorse with Siakam healthy imo.

With Brooklyn, I know they've played decent without Kyrie. Lot is made about Dinwiddie though. What makes him a high impact player? Are they a team capable of making a deep run in the east?

superduper
12-30-2019, 12:37 PM
Bran need more allstars pls

brooks_thompson
12-30-2019, 12:49 PM
Denver. Seems like Jokic has come out of hibernation. Even with Jokic's molasses start and Jamal Murray not improving at all, they're still takin care of business at a good clip and have some playoff experience now (2 game 7s worth, even).

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-30-2019, 01:03 PM
Denver. Seems like Jokic has come out of hibernation. Even with Jokic's molasses start and Jamal Murray not improving at all, they're still takin care of business at a good clip and have some playoff experience now (2 game 7s worth, even).

Denver is more of a contender. They're in that Houston tier, at least from what I've seen.

I agree that Joker's had a poor start but he's also picked it up. This month his numbers are up across the board. RPM and RAPM are both above average too. Denver is something like 9-1 in their last 10 games.

brooks_thompson
12-30-2019, 01:16 PM
Denver is more of a contender. They're in that Houston tier, at least from what I've seen.

I agree that Joker's had a poor start but he's also picked it up. This month his numbers are up across the board. RPM and RAPM are both above average too. Denver is something like 9-1 in their last 10 games.

I'm sorry, I'm an asshole who didn't read your OP properly before replying. I don't normally do that.

Good basketball, entertaining, maybe not the best record? Look no further than the Grizzlies. Morant covers the entertaining part all by himself, with a little help from Clarke and JJJ. Morant is also quite adept at running a team for a rookie, despite some turnover problems. They've outperformed my expectations at this point, and Dillon Brooks is coming along nicely as a 5th starter/1st wing off the bench type.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-30-2019, 01:35 PM
I'm sorry, I'm an asshole who didn't read your OP properly before replying. I don't normally do that.

Good basketball, entertaining, maybe not the best record? Look no further than the Grizzlies. Morant covers the entertaining part all by himself, with a little help from Clarke and JJJ. Morant is also quite adept at running a team for a rookie, despite some turnover problems. They've outperformed my expectations at this point, and Dillon Brooks is coming along nicely as a 5th starter/1st wing off the bench type.

No worries.

I've watched a lot of Morant's highlights. Few games against the Lakers and Clippers too. Dude has springs. Good finisher and survey's the floor like a vet. I'll keep tabs on Memphis though. Sounds a lot like what I'm looking for. Thanks.