PDA

View Full Version : is there anything as good this year than seing the Heat eek out every possible game

ArbitraryWater
12-31-2019, 05:41 PM
they can get their hands on?

Fascinating stuff.

Turbo Slayer
12-31-2019, 05:42 PM
No. I think. :no:

brooks_thompson
12-31-2019, 05:43 PM
Reminds me of the classic 2010-2015 Grizzlies. A joy to watch.

ArbitraryWater
12-31-2019, 05:45 PM
Reminds me of the classic 2010-2015 Grizzlies. A joy to watch.

They all fit together so brilliantly.

Lotta clutch gamers.

Lots of right decision making.

I'm not sure if Butler is a genius and saw the team's potential, or just lucked out.

ArbitraryWater
12-31-2019, 11:33 PM
OKC has had some luck with getting teams severly undermanned (Clippers, Raptors, Mavericks, all in December for 3 last second wins) boosting their record, but they've done much of the same.

Inspiring to see. Good to see.

ArbitraryWater
12-31-2019, 11:43 PM
The Heat are an unbelievable 10-1 in games decided by 5 points or less or OT, their only loss to the Lakers.

Not many if any other close losses.

ArbitraryWater
12-31-2019, 11:46 PM
OKC has had some luck with getting teams severly undermanned (Clippers, Raptors, Mavericks, all in December for 3 last second wins) boosting their record, but they've done much of the same.

Inspiring to see. Good to see.

They've played the Warriors w/o Green and Paschall, Timberwolves w/o Wiggins, Pelicans w/o Favors, also...

Thunder are 9-1 in games decided by 5 points or less or OT currently, after starting the season 1-6 in such instances.

RRR3
12-31-2019, 11:47 PM
The Heat are legitimately a very good team. A top 10-15 player in Jimmy Butler, a rising young star in Bam Adebayo (definitely top 30 in the league rn IMO, arguably higher but I’m biased) and some good role players. Tyler Herro should be a good player and Kendrick Nunn is really impressing as an undrafted older (24 iirc) rookie. The defense is very good and they play together well and hustle hard. There’s also just a great culture within the organization.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-31-2019, 11:47 PM
Spo is the best coach in the league and its not close

all these random white bois that should be playing hockey are just running it right now:biggums:

Jimmy/Bam is one of the best wing/big duos in the league

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-31-2019, 11:48 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]The Heat are legitimately a very good team. A top 10-15 player in Jimmy Butler, a rising young star in Bam Adebayo (definitely top 30 in the league rn IMO, arguably higher but I

RRR3
12-31-2019, 11:49 PM
I believe I have him at 10 but I felt like a lot of people will get mad at me for that.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-31-2019, 11:51 PM
I believe I have him at 10 but I felt like a lot of people will get mad at me for that.

Why? Hes been a top 10 player since 2017. He had to pretend he was worse than Embiid last year so his numbers were down but in the playoffs we saw who the real best player on that Sixers team was

Jimmys literally the only reason the Wolves have a playoff appearance post KG. Hes easily a top 10 player. One of the best perimeter defenders of this era and a damn good offensive player.

Ppl argue PG is top 10 but Jimmy is clearly better. If defense is a wash Jimmy is a more reliable ball-handler, much more clutch and draws fouls

ArbitraryWater
12-31-2019, 11:54 PM
Why? Hes been a top 10 player since 2017. He had to pretend he was worse than Embiid last year so his numbers were down but in the playoffs we saw who the real best player on that Sixers team was

Jimmys literally the only reason the Wolves have a playoff appearance post KG. Hes easily a top 10 player. One of the best perimeter defenders of this era and a damn good offensive player.

Ppl argue PG is top 10 but Jimmy is clearly better. If defense is a wash Jimmy is a more reliable ball-handler, much more clutch and draws fouls

He absooutely willed Minnesota to the playoffs that year. Was probably a top 2 4th quarter performer that year next to Bran.

Always found it funny how these stacked teams, Minnesota and Philaldelphia, still relied on Butler so much.

But PG is quicker with a better first step and is a better long range shooter, giving him the scoring edge. The new PG of since last year, is probably better.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
12-31-2019, 11:57 PM
He absooutely willed Minnesota to the playoffs that year. Was probably a top 2 4th quarter performer that year next to Bran.

Always found it funny how these stacked teams, Minnesota and Philaldelphia, still relied on Butler so much.

But PG is quicker with a better first step and is a better long range shooter, giving him the scoring edge. The new PG of since last year, is probably better.

And what happened in the playoffs? PG is a better 3pt shooter but hes streaky and unreliable. If his 3 isnt falling (which happens alot in the playoffs) he looks really bad.

Jimmy can always attack the basket and draw fouls. He isnt scared of contact or slowing the game down. Thats more valuable in the playoffs

plowking
01-01-2020, 01:10 AM
Spo is the best coach in the league and its not close

all these random white bois that should be playing hockey are just running it right now:biggums:

Jimmy/Bam is one of the best wing/big duos in the league

Spo is a trash coach.

superduper
01-01-2020, 01:21 AM
Spo has always been a genius.

brooks_thompson
01-01-2020, 04:46 AM

Thank you! Everybody rated Butler over PG and around #10 2-3 years ago. Then after the Minnesota blowup they arbitrarily docked him and never restored his status. Jimmy is easily a top 10 player in the league. I'd prefer to have him over Embiid, Towns, Lillard, George, and probably even over Anthony Davis. We've seen him maintain the winning ways of one franchise after their superstar went down and completely transform 3 other franchises now. And there's been no slippage due to age yet.

Everybody gave him so much shit for preaching wanting to win and then going to Miami. Glad he got the last laugh. Now he gets to win in a system that is perfect for him and doesn't coddle anybody.

Tl;dr Jimmy was right, I always knew he was, the rest of you can suck it