PDA

View Full Version : Will Ben Simmons improve?

LoneyROY7
01-01-2020, 09:58 PM
His production is down across the board and is still afraid to shoot. He's murdering the Sixers spacing even more now with their overall lack of shooters.

Is he content with max money and f*cking Kendall Jenner? Or will he actually improve his game?

FKAri
01-01-2020, 09:59 PM
He's already near his ceiling. He lacks the tools to get much better.

Im so nba'd out
01-01-2020, 10:16 PM
I'm starting to lighten up on ole Benjamin.It finally hit me, he's just a pure point guard....The reason i was so frustrated is because i havent seen a pure pg who isnt hunting for assist since Derek Fisher on the Lakers

The basketball IQ is so dirt poor in today's game that i was frustrated that he didnt play like all these combo guards who run the point today.Run non-stop pick and rolls and chuck a 30 foot 3.I forgot what an actual pg was.

I just wish we had a better coach who would run a system to make Ben a threat on offense.Brett Brown is not a championship level coach.

But yeah i'm off Ben's case.I accept what he is

Mr Exlax
01-01-2020, 10:35 PM
He's gotten better defensively for sure. Good and constantly getting better. People lose sight of that and focus solely on his lack of outside shooting. I agree he needs to focus on that to get this team over the hump. Slowly but surely I hope. Philly has been my team coming out the East and winning it all.

Jasper
01-01-2020, 11:16 PM
His production is down across the board and is still afraid to shoot. He's murdering the Sixers spacing even more now with their overall lack of shooters.

Is he content with max money and f*cking Kendall Jenner? Or will he actually improve his game?
improve - Nope (ceiling met)

HylianNightmare
01-02-2020, 09:35 AM
Absolutely he is still young

Wally450
01-02-2020, 10:28 AM
I wouldn't put money on him to score 20 points in a game.

fourkicks44
01-02-2020, 10:57 AM
See what happens Friday night....

Uncle Drew
01-02-2020, 10:58 AM
Players who have no desire to get better will not improve.

superduper
01-02-2020, 11:02 AM
Anybody who throws this guy a big contract deserves to have their franchise be relocated to Seattle/Vancouver.

Uncle Drew
01-02-2020, 11:05 AM
Anybody who throws this guy a big contract deserves to have their franchise be relocated to Seattle/Vancouver.
Can't imagine being a fan of this team. I think I'd switch to rooting for another tbh.

superduper
01-02-2020, 11:07 AM
Can't imagine being a fan of this team. I think I'd switch to rooting for another tbh.

Agreed, never followed the Sixers.

EmGOAT been killing it though :rockon:

Real Men Wear Green
01-02-2020, 11:40 AM
He's as good as anyone at everything but the most important thing, the ability to put the ball in the hole. I won't say he can't get any better as a shooter because we've seen Jason Kidd and Rajon Rondo work their shot up from being wretched in the past but you can't put a timetable on it. Until the jumper gets fixed he'll get better at reading defenses, giving defensive help. post defense and just about everything else but the numbers won't reflect it and we won't much notice it because we're counting the games between his three point makes.

Paul George 24
01-03-2020, 12:02 PM
Agreed, never followed the Sixers.

EmGOAT been killing it though :rockon:
emchoke🤣:lol

PP34Deuce
01-03-2020, 01:04 PM
He's a PG. Like others have said. He's a unique PG that can defend 1-4 high level.

superduper
01-03-2020, 01:06 PM
He's a PG. Like others have said. He's a unique PG that can defend 1-4 high level.

He is absolutely not a PG and him continuing this out-of-position-hipster farce is only causing further detriment to his team.

A PG needs to be able to PnR. Ben can not play the guard role NOR the rollman's role here. He can't play the guard role because he can't shoot. He can't play the rollman's role because he literally NEVER rolls (how selfish of a player must you be to be 6'10 and NEVER play the rollman for your teammates)?

Guy is a straight up fraud and only cares about his public perception and looking cool.

insidehoops
02-24-2020, 03:25 PM
Find a young JJ Redick type and put him next to Ben Simmons

fourkicks44
02-24-2020, 07:57 PM
Find a young JJ Redick type and put him next to Ben Simmons

Hopefully Korkmaz can be that guy. Obviously he is not the shooter JJ is but who is?

He is way better on defense and can actually attack off the dribble, something JJ can't do.

When Joel Embiid was out, Simmons elevated Korkmaz in their two man game.

He just needs to find some consistency.