01-03-2020, 11:44 PM
Currently leading the league in:

VORP
WS
WS/48
Box Plus/Minus
Offensive Box Plus/Minus
PPG

2nd in PER and RPM. And closing in on both.

:eek: :eek:

fourkicks44
01-03-2020, 11:44 PM
TBH refs called a good game tonight.

Harden still dominanted without any of those bullshit fouls.

It was refreshing to see.

Three way race for MVP between Harden, Giannis and LeBron.

Take your pick you can't really go wrong.

FultzNationRISE
01-03-2020, 11:45 PM
ABSOLUTELY*

*Regular season categories only, some restrictions apply, void where prohibited.

LoneyROY7
01-03-2020, 11:46 PM
Giannis against the Sixers' stout defense? Absolutely shut down.

Harden against that same Sixers' defense? Domination.

Spurs m8
01-03-2020, 11:49 PM
Yet will still never win when it matters because his game gets exposed when real basketball is played.

Don't worry loney boy, I'll be here for you when you're having another meltdown and crying AGAIN in May.

I might even take that password you offer up again, just to keep it safe for when you're ready to return in September-October.

Shogon
01-03-2020, 11:56 PM
ABSOLUTELY*

*Regular season categories only, some restrictions apply, void where prohibited.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Mask the Embiid
01-03-2020, 11:58 PM
Ill still take playoff lebron over him. Non counting playoff lebron, Harden has been the best player in the league since about 2016-2017 season.

Thing is Harden not playing for fouls is actually even better than current playoff lebron.

LoneyROY7
01-04-2020, 12:00 AM

"I'm so glad Chris Paul is on the Rockets now so we can stop hearing about Harden and the MVP..."

Shogon
01-04-2020, 12:01 AM
"I'm so glad Chris Paul is on the Rockets now so we can stop hearing about Harden and the MVP..."

You laugh now, I laugh in May. That's how this works.

LoneyROY7
01-04-2020, 12:02 AM
Ill still take playoff lebron over him. Non counting playoff lebron, Harden has been the best player in the league since about 2016-2017 season.

Thing is Harden not playing for fouls is actually even better than current playoff lebron.

This current version of lethal shotmaking Harden is just on a whole new level bruh.

:eek:

StrongLurk
01-04-2020, 12:03 AM

Harden has been best since the beginning of last season. He was also elite in the playoffs.

Lebron was injured for 2/3rds of the season and also missed the playoffs.

Harden has also been better than Bron this season so far.

No matter how you slice it, Harden is > Lebron right now.

Harden is > than a LOT of players historically right now.

Mr. Jabbar
01-04-2020, 12:14 AM
ABSOLUTELY*

SouBeachTalents
01-04-2020, 02:54 AM
In the regular season, sure

Gileraracer
01-04-2020, 09:43 AM
Currently leading the league in:

VORP
WS
WS/48
Box Plus/Minus
Offensive Box Plus/Minus
PPG

2nd in PER and RPM. And closing in on both.

:eek: :eek:

You forgot that he is also leading in free throws, where he has 46% more than the second place

Funny because from second to third it is only a 3% difference and from third to fourth it's another 3%.

ImKobe
01-04-2020, 09:56 AM
He's the Peyton Manning of the NBA.

Wally450
01-04-2020, 10:00 AM
1st ballot hall of famer.

Bronbron23
01-04-2020, 01:38 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/43MXTKiGLaiJKNqHKx/giphy.gif

Deal with it.

:pimp: :pimp:
Nah its just the meaningless regular season right now. Come post season his offensive output will drop as it usually does and he'll be around the same as kawhi, bron,ad and greek offensively. Only difference is they can all be elite on the other side of the ball so theres no way harden is the best.

Turbo Slayer
01-04-2020, 01:40 PM
1st ballot hall of famer.
Yep. Damn sure.

Kblaze8855
01-04-2020, 03:02 PM
He's the Peyton Manning of the NBA.

Lebron or Wilt would be Manning.

Harden is Dan Fouts. Record breaking regular seasons(I think fouts set the yards record then broke it the next season). Innovation far as how he and his team attacked. The Air Coryell offense was as unusual in the 70/early 80s(bombing away while everyone else ran) as the Rockets are now.

Crazy numbers. No real success. Couple conference title games.

Harden is Fouts.

Manning is tiers too high for that comparison.

LoneyROY7
01-04-2020, 03:15 PM
Lebron or Wilt would be Manning.

Harden is Dan Fouts. Record breaking regular seasons(I think fouts set the yards record then broke it the next season). Innovation far as how he and his team attacked. The Air Coryell offense was as unusual in the 70/early 80s(bombing away while everyone else ran) as the Rockets are now.

Crazy numbers. No real success. Couple conference title games.

Harden is Fouts.

Manning is tiers too high for that comparison.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Typical trash from kblaze when it comes to Harden. Fouts had a career 58.8 completion percentage and only 12 more TDs than INTs for his career in the regular season. His best season was 33 TDs and 17 INTs, which is a very regular year for a QB.

Awful comparison, and yet exactly what I would expect from you.

DoctorP
01-04-2020, 03:20 PM
Harden's not going to get the ultimate respect until he proves himself in the playoffs but yeah he's killing it this year for sure

Smoke117
01-04-2020, 03:23 PM
I wonder how many boards Loney obsesses over Harden on. I know he post on realgm and it's the same drivel he post here. Probably doing the same thing on reddit and a few other boards, too. :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
01-04-2020, 03:34 PM
I wonder how many boards Loney obsesses over Harden on. I know he post on realgm and it's the same drivel he post here. Probably doing the same thing on reddit and a few other boards, too. :oldlol:

Why not?

We're witnessing basketball history here

LoneyROY7
01-04-2020, 03:34 PM

I know that's the best you've got these days, considering you can't attack Harden's game at all right now. How's your typical Harden's a ball hog, 3 point chucker schtick going? 50 percent from 3 his last 11 games... 39 percent on the season and over 46 percent from the field.

Oops. :oldlol: :oldlol:

Smoke117
01-04-2020, 03:43 PM
I know that's the best you've got these days, considering you can't attack Harden's game at all right now. How's your typical Harden's a ball hog, 3 point chucker schtick going? 50 percent from 3 his last 11 games... 39 percent on the season and over 46 percent from the field.

Oops. :oldlol: :oldlol:

I don't even hate Harden anymore. I'm just apathetic when it comes to him now. Pretty much always just been apathetic towards him. I only hated him when I had to actually watch him because Paul was on the Rockets.

Kblaze8855
01-04-2020, 03:45 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Typical trash from kblaze when it comes to Harden. Fouts had a career 58.8 completion percentage and only 12 more TDs than INTs for his career in the regular season. His best season was 33 TDs and 17 INTs, which is a very regular year for a QB.

Awful comparison, and yet exactly what I would expect from you.

Since I assume you weren

LoneyROY7
01-04-2020, 03:51 PM
Since I assume you weren’t alive I’ll wait for you to look into what passing offenses looked like at the time.

The chargers were record setting. Fouts was the only guy throwing for those yards that many times. He retired second or so in yards all time. He had seasons near 5000 yards when hall of famers were throwing for 2800.

Nobody played like the chargers in those days. I’m guessing you aren’t much of a football fan if you need these things explained.

Dan Fouts was The Godfather of modern offenses much as I suspect Harden will be looked back on in 20 years when all star guards take 12-15 threes a game.

:facepalm :facepalm

Harden's production is dominant compared to any era. The 60s, the 70s, the 80s, the 90s, the 200s. 38/8/6 on 65 TS percentage has never been seen before. Back-to-back seasons averaging over 36 ppg. Harden's production is undeniable compared to greats from any time period.

Dan Fouts numbers compared across all eras are not even remotely historic. It's okay, your Harden hate forced you into an awful comparison. No one is surprised.

Kblaze8855
01-04-2020, 04:01 PM
Go look into how many people had 9500 yards and 60+ td across two seasons and get back to me. It doesn

LoneyROY7
01-04-2020, 04:05 PM
Go look into how many people had 9500 yards and 60+ td across two seasons and get back to me. It doesn’t sound like you even know who Dan Fouts was or what that offense meant to the future of football.....

That kinda shit was unheard of for 75 years before he came along and barely even happens now.

Every other Harden comparison Would be off because they are all champions or guys like Mahomes just starting. Marino would be closest and he still made a Super Bowl.

There is no comparison nearly as close. Maybe...maaaybe YA Tittle but you had to run to google over Fouts so I’m sure you don’t even know who that is.

Dan Fouts best year was 1981 in which he had 33 TDs, 17 INTs and 4800 yards. Literally 3 years later, Marino was throwing for 48 TDs and 5000 yards.

:oldlol: :oldlol:

If another 6'5ish guard appears in 3 years time and is averaging 50 points on elite efficiency maybe your wack comparison will hold some credence. :lol

It's okay bro, you blew it. It happens.

Kblaze8855
01-04-2020, 04:13 PM
So your means of putting down Fouts is to point out that soon after he set back to back records arguably the best pure passer ever had the best season of his career to break it then nobody had another one for 30 years....

Fouts was to his time what Harden is now. If he isn’t....go ahead and give me a more apt comparison considering that massive numbers in a new style of play resulting in no playoff success is a great way to describe them both.

Give me the better comparison who didn’t just start....or has not won too much to compare to Harden.

Run em down for me football guy.

LoneyROY7
01-04-2020, 04:18 PM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]So your means of putting down Fouts is to point out that soon after he set back to back records arguably the best pure passer ever had the best season of his career to break it then nobody had another one for 30 years....

Fouts was to his time what Harden is now. If he isn

Meticode
01-04-2020, 04:28 PM
He's the best offensive player in the league. Overall Giannis has been the best in my eyes the last two seasons.

Kblaze8855
01-04-2020, 04:32 PM
Sit there and think for a moment. Do you believe the people who said wilt was overrated and a loser were sitting around seething after seeing the box scores of his consistently huge game? After years of it?

Of course not. After years of big games that result in nothing the big games if anything....are just more things to point to after they lose.

Wilts haters were no doubt mad when he finally won in 67.

They were used to laughing at his numbers for years by then.

Guys like Harden don

BigShotBob
01-04-2020, 04:40 PM
ABSOLUTELY*

:roll:

Manny98
01-04-2020, 05:13 PM
OP have you booked your yearly May vacation for when Harden chokes in the playoffs yet.

dankok8
01-04-2020, 06:07 PM
Let's not act like Harden's teams never won anything. Rockets in 2018 faced the Warriors in what was the real Finals and lost in 7 games.

A guy like Westbrook... you can call his stats empty because he never got out of the 1st round leading his team but Harden made 2 WCF's in a harder conference. Harden's style has led to considerable wins including in the postseason.

FultzNationRISE
01-04-2020, 06:29 PM
Let's not act like Harden's teams never won anything. Rockets in 2018 faced the Warriors in what was the real Finals and lost in 7 games.

A guy like Westbrook... you can call his stats empty because he never got out of the 1st round leading his team but Harden made 2 WCF's in a harder conference. Harden's style has led to considerable wins including in the postseason.

Please, Harden’s teammates carried him more than he carried them that series.

Tinman Harden plays with zero heart. He’s always exposed in the playoffs as a loser.

Loney has been doing this for three years running now. Lauding Harden’s greatness the whole season before melting down in the playoffs about he’s “done” with this team :lol

So far everything’s right on schedule. (https://youtu.be/99f0Kt0SpDg)

dankok8
01-04-2020, 09:23 PM
Please, Harden’s teammates carried him more than he carried them that series.

Tinman Harden plays with zero heart. He’s always exposed in the playoffs as a loser.

Loney has been doing this for three years running now. Lauding Harden’s greatness the whole season before melting down in the playoffs about he’s “done” with this team :lol

So far everything’s right on schedule. (https://youtu.be/99f0Kt0SpDg)

His team was in all likelihood just an average shooting performance in Game 7 away from winning the title. That isn't really debatable either.

I never argued that Harden is a GOAT caliber player or something like that. I'm simply saying that calling him a loser is extremely short-sighted. His teams have clearly won a lot. In fact no superstar in this generation barring Lebron and Kawhi has carried their team further than Harden has.

'Toine=MVP
01-04-2020, 09:38 PM
n fact no superstar in this generation barring Lebron and Kawhi has carried their team further than Harden has.

:biggums:

Smoke117
01-04-2020, 11:53 PM
His team was in all likelihood just an average shooting performance in Game 7 away from winning the title. That isn't really debatable either.

I never argued that Harden is a GOAT caliber player or something like that. I'm simply saying that calling him a loser is extremely short-sighted. His teams have clearly won a lot. In fact no superstar in this generation barring Lebron and Kawhi has carried their team further than Harden has.

lol What did Harden carry? Chris Paul was the best player in Warriors series in 2018. He was the one making all the big shots and plays down the stretch in their 2 and 3rd wins while Harden was trying his very best to shoot them out of both games. Paul was also better in the 2nd round vs the Jazz, so Harden hasn't carried shit.

sportjames23
01-05-2020, 12:49 AM
Bookmarking this thread for May. Time will reveal which side is gonna be mad around that time. :oldlol:

tanibanana
01-05-2020, 02:39 AM
Harden:
Offense: A+++
Defense: B-

Giannis
Offense: A+
Defense: A-

Its safe to say, its Giannis.

Callystarr
01-05-2020, 04:28 AM
Those 5 turnovers a game though meh

SouBeachTalents
01-05-2020, 05:05 AM

I never argued that Harden is a GOAT caliber player or something like that. I'm simply saying that calling him a loser is extremely short-sighted. His teams have clearly won a lot. In fact no superstar in this generation barring Lebron and Kawhi has carried their team further than Harden has
You just gonna leave out Curry like that :lol

dankok8
01-05-2020, 09:15 PM
lol What did Harden carry? Chris Paul was the best player in Warriors series in 2018. He was the one making all the big shots and plays down the stretch in their 2 and 3rd wins while Harden was trying his very best to shoot them out of both games. Paul was also better in the 2nd round vs the Jazz, so Harden hasn't carried shit.

First of all it's not clear cut that Paul was ever better than Harden. Second, it's Harden who attracted the defensive attention a lot more. You don't see teams go into a game saying "We gotta stop Chris Paul from scoring 40 on us!".

You just gonna leave out Curry like that

Forgot Curry. But yea it's a very short list anyways.

AlternativeAcc.
01-05-2020, 09:44 PM
Harden could easily (and should) have 4 MVPs right now going on 5..

JH > Curry and it's literally not close

Both regular season stars, but Harden is far more prolific than Curry is

Gileraracer
01-06-2020, 06:20 PM
Harden could easily (and should) have 4 MVPs right now going on 5..

JH > Curry and it's literally not close

Both regular season stars, but Harden is far more prolific than Curry is

Curry has as many Rings as your Idol without any shameless teamhopping so better shut up :oldlol:

SouBeachTalents
01-06-2020, 06:21 PM
Curry has as many Rings as your Idol without any shameless teamhopping so better shut up :oldlol:
Asking a top 3 player in the league to join your team after a 73 win season is as shameless as it gets :oldlol: Only thing worse is joining that 73 win team after losing to them in the playoffs

Sakkreth
01-06-2020, 06:38 PM
Then I guess I am not a basketball fan that you speak of