PDA

View Full Version : Will DeMarcus Cousins actually help the Lakers or is he likely to make them worse?

Shogon
01-04-2020, 05:29 PM
Look, at these stages in their careers, if they were all 100% healthy, there's no question that Cousins would be by far the best player of Howard/McGee/Cousins, however, he's never been a good defender and his game is based on scoring.

How does he fit into this rotation?

He will definitely make them worse defensively because he is not as good as McGee or Howard on that end.

He's also likely to disrupt the offense because he's not going to do nothing but catch lobs and go for open dunks which is what Howard and McGee are doing. And Cousins is by no means a better scoring option than LeBron or Davis. He's not a knock down three point shooter either.

How does he fit in? What am I ignorantly missing or overlooking, or am I not?

I don't see any upside with him in the lineup unless he is to take over that Kuzma / third option scoring role but is he really going to come off the bench?

IDK, I see him getting healthy as a bad thing for this team and it always amazes me that coaches will just throw names out there for the sake of being names...

Thoughts?

Nike D'Antoni
01-04-2020, 05:31 PM
Worse

Because with Howard/Mcgee you have rim protection.With Cousins, you will have defensive liability.

Lakers need to trade him for vice Lebron or point guard.

Howard/MCGEE
Davis/Kuzma
Lebron/X
KCP/GREEN/BRADLEY
X/X

Cousins+Cook for Derrick Rose?

72-10
01-04-2020, 07:25 PM
a better question might be; if you had your pick, if all were healthy, who would start at center in the playoffs?

Shogon
01-04-2020, 07:32 PM
a better question might be; if you had your pick, if all were healthy, who would start at center in the playoffs?

Dwight Howard... he should be starting now.

sdot_thadon
01-04-2020, 07:40 PM
Not sure what his mobility would be like when he returns but maybe experiment and run him at pf to spell Davis (50% of davis) when he sits. Other than that I'm not sure he helps much, but stranger things have happened so who knows....

coin24
01-04-2020, 07:45 PM
When is he likely to be ready to play again??

scuzzy
01-04-2020, 07:48 PM
Despite his mobility to be seen yet, Boogie would be a great to stretch the floor with AD and Lebron out there

Unlike Dwight/McGee, Cousins can shoot and has a decent 3pt shot. It would be hell for opposing coaches to match

StrongLurk
01-04-2020, 08:08 PM
Nah he's out.

His game is only based on being a first or second option. He doesn't bring much value at all as a role player (turnover prone, low IQ, not a good defender).

Shogon
01-04-2020, 08:11 PM
Nah he's out.

His game is only based on being a first or second option. He doesn't bring much value at all as a role player (turnover prone, low IQ, not a good defender).

You just saying "nah he's out" doesn't mean anything. Coaches and front offices make poor decisions about players and lineups based off of nothing other than the weight of a player's name literally every day in this league. Every single day.

So you and I agree on our viewpoint of him with this team, but that doesn't mean that Pelinka and Vogel agree. I very much doubt they do, unfortunately.

stalkerforlife
01-04-2020, 08:53 PM
LMFAO.

When we he went to GS, "the league is fixed! They are better than the original dream team!"

Bransvestites should be eradicated from the planet.

Shogon
01-04-2020, 08:58 PM
LMFAO.

When we he went to GS, "the league is fixed! They are better than the original dream team!"

Bransvestites should be eradicated from the planet.

Golden State didn't have Dwight Howard, numbnuts.

I realize that thinking for two seconds is difficult for you, but try. :(

Also...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=467694

Suck a dick bro.

stalkerforlife
01-04-2020, 09:02 PM
Golden State didn't have Dwight Howard, numbnuts.

I realize that thinking for two seconds is difficult for you, but try. :(

Also...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=467694

Suck a dick bro.

LMAO.

Now link all the threads with you sucking your thumb over the Cousins signing.

Shogon
01-04-2020, 09:05 PM
LMAO.

Now link all the threads with you sucking your thumb over the Cousins signing.

I may or may not have, I don't remember.

But opinions change over time for people who are rational and level headed and open to thinking new things unlike you... and I link you a thread I made of me publicly displaying my opinion that he was bad while he was still on Golden State and wasn't even a thought to playing with LeBron and for the Lakers... and yet you act as if I'm being inconsistent or something.

You make everything about LeBron though because you're mentally ill.

stalkerforlife
01-04-2020, 09:09 PM
I may or may not have, I don't remember.

But opinions change over time for people who are rational and level headed and open to thinking new things unlike you... and I link you a thread I made of me publicly displaying my opinion that he was bad while he was still on Golden State and wasn't even a thought to playing with LeBron and for the Lakers... and yet you act as if I'm being inconsistent or something.

You make everything about LeBron though because you're mentally ill.

Ya ya.

Dumb ass.

Shogon
01-04-2020, 09:11 PM
Ya ya.

Dumb ass.

:roll:

Owned, bitch. Next.