PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Davis or 2003 Duncan?

ImKobe
01-06-2020, 01:37 AM
Who's the better all-around player?

SpaceJam
01-06-2020, 01:38 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

LAmbruh
https://media0.giphy.com/media/3oEjHCWdU7F4hkcudy/source.gif

stalkerforlife
AD.

Dray n Klay
01-06-2020, 01:39 AM
2013 Dwight Howard

scuzzy
01-06-2020, 01:40 AM
1998-04 Shaq

Smoke117
01-06-2020, 01:43 AM
:facepalm

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
01-06-2020, 01:46 AM
The only thing Timothy does better than 2017-2020 AD is rebounding and playing for Popovich

Scoring, 3pt, FT, mid-range shooting, post game, pick and roll, transition, shotblocking, switching, perimeter defense, passing. AD does all of it better

Bronbron23
01-06-2020, 08:07 AM
Duncan by a slight margin. Ad is more talented but duncan was way more cerebral. He saw the game better and played to his strengths more.

Bronbron23
01-06-2020, 08:27 AM
The only thing Timothy does better than 2017-2020 AD is rebounding and playing for Popovich

Scoring, 3pt, FT, mid-range shooting, post game, pick and roll, transition, shotblocking, switching, perimeter defense, passing. AD does all of it better
Dude you must not of watch duncan play. Duncan was easily a better passer, defender, post player and even midrange. Ad settles for way to many fade away shots for his size and athleticism. Its mainly because hes not that strong on the block and has mediocre footwork.

As far as overall whos better its pretty close though. Ad obviously has the edge in athleticism, thress and transition. Hes also much better in the pick and roll.

Personally id take duncan because he was more skilled on the block, a better defender and was smarter which makes him more effective in the postseason. Anthony biggest strengths which is transition and pick and roll will be reduced come playoff time. Especially deep in the playoffs. The game will become a much more slowed down, physical half court game which will make ad alot less effective.

Andrei89
01-06-2020, 09:14 AM
This post and some of the replies here:roll: :roll: :roll:

Kblaze8855
01-06-2020, 09:36 AM
2003 Duncan was....

You know what?

**** it.

This isnt a real question. This is just another example of many people here not even caring about the game outside how certain things can be used for or against Lebron which throws off the entire conversation. Seems at times the only topics not directly about Lebron are someone attempting to start one without saying it just so they can later go "I didnt even bring up Lebron!" like when someone asks what the biggest finals shot ever is.

Absolute peak Duncan in a league that allowed very limited production compared to today vs Davis in this wide open league isnt that much of a discussion. Its a discussion due to numbers clearly not obtained in a similar league. This question a year ago would have been laughed off the board. And it should be now.

Like those Giannis vs Hakeem arguments really. The production is there but anyone really serious has to ask what differences in the league allowed it.

Mr Exlax
01-06-2020, 09:45 AM
2003 Duncan was....

You know what?

**** it.

This isnt a real question. This is just another example of many people here not even caring about the game outside how certain things can be used for or against Lebron which throws off the entire conversation. Seems at times the only topics not directly about Lebron are someone attempting to start one without saying it just so they can later go "I didnt even bring up Lebron!" like when someone asks what the biggest finals shot ever is.

Absolute peak Duncan in a league that allowed very limited production compared to today vs Davis in this wide open league isnt that much of a discussion. Its a discussion due to numbers clearly not obtained in a similar league. This question a year ago would have been laughed off the board. And it should be now.

Like those Giannis vs Hakeem arguments really. The production is there but anyone really serious has to ask what differences in the league allowed it.

Can't you guys start banning people for stupid shit like this?

iamgine
01-06-2020, 09:58 AM
Banning the very thing that pays the bill?

It would be like asking a car dealership to stop offering bs add-ons.

ImKobe
01-06-2020, 10:30 AM
2003 Duncan was....

You know what?

**** it.

Comes into a thread comparing AD & Duncan, just to bring up Lebron...Could we AT LEAST have ONE thread on this site without talking about him?

I have yet to see a solid argument for Timmy being more skilled or a more impactful player. Duncan played in a better system and in an era that still favored big men over guards, he didn't like playing C like AD either and often settled for a bunch of mid-range shots. I think Duncan is slightly better on defense, but AD is simply a more skilled offensive player. He can give you 25-30 on a consistent basis. He can dominate inside, in the post and has more range as a shooter. Duncan could bank shots in all day but he wasn't that efficient overall due to his FT shooting.

AD has been phenomenal since his 2nd season, he's on pace for a 4th straight 25+/10+ 1+ stl 2+ blk season. You can call it empty stats on mediocre teams but he's doing the same thing in LA and we're arguably the favorites to win it all this season.

SouBeachTalents
01-06-2020, 10:31 AM
Next thread: AD or 2000 Shaq :lol

I don

Andrei89
01-06-2020, 10:56 AM

Mentally ill people like Stalker allowed to post anything over here.

Garbage forum for over 9 years now

Mr Exlax
01-06-2020, 11:02 AM

True. I forget this isn't a site for basketball enthusiasts anymore. I can't help but think Jeff is s troll poster on here now.

Bronbron23
01-06-2020, 12:00 PM
Comes into a thread comparing AD & Duncan, just to bring up Lebron...Could we AT LEAST have ONE thread on this site without talking about him?

I have yet to see a solid argument for Timmy being more skilled or a more impactful player. Duncan played in a better system and in an era that still favored big men over guards, he didn't like playing C like AD either and often settled for a bunch of mid-range shots. I think Duncan is slightly better on defense, but AD is simply a more skilled offensive player. He can give you 25-30 on a consistent basis. He can dominate inside, in the post and has more range as a shooter. Duncan could bank shots in all day but he wasn't that efficient overall due to his FT shooting.

AD has been phenomenal since his 2nd season, he's on pace for a 4th straight 25+/10+ 1+ stl 2+ blk season. You can call it empty stats on mediocre teams but he's doing the same thing in LA and we're arguably the favorites to win it all this season.
Its closer than you think. Duncan is smarter, more skilled on the block and the midrange. Hes slso a better defender. Ad has better handles and is more athletic. Hes also a better three point shooter and foul shooter.

I personally would take tim but I wouldn't argue with anyone saying ad. I disagree with saying its not an argument because its very close between the 2

Bankaii
01-06-2020, 12:09 PM
Its closer than you think. Duncan is smarter, more skilled on the block and the midrange. Hes slso a better defender. Ad has better handles and is more athletic. Hes also a better three point shooter and foul shooter.

I personally would take tim but I wouldn't argue with anyone saying ad. I disagree with saying its not an argument because its very close between the 2
It

Bronbron23
01-06-2020, 12:22 PM
[QUOTE=Bankaii]It

Uncle Drew
01-06-2020, 12:25 PM
So your saying duncan is way better?
Anyone who tries to even slightly suggest otherwise should be stripped from posting rights.

Bankaii
01-06-2020, 12:30 PM
So your saying duncan is way better?
Dude this shouldn

Bronbron23
01-06-2020, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=Bankaii]Dude this shouldn

scuzzy
01-06-2020, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=Bankaii]Dude this shouldn

Bronbron23
01-06-2020, 12:35 PM
Anyone who tries to even slightly suggest otherwise should be stripped from posting rights.
I never suggested otherwise. I said duncan was better. I just think its close. I think if pop had ad from day 1 hed be a much smarter player and would definitely win a few chips with pop.

Uncle Drew
01-06-2020, 12:38 PM
Well im more on the side of duncan i just think its close. I think duncan benefited alot from pop. You give pop ad from the time he got out of college and im sure ad would be a much smarter player. That said i agree for the most part.
Why do people think Pop was some kind of savior the very second he stepped down from the GM role to coach? Pop wasn't a transcendent coach until the early 2010's. He nearly got fired and replaced by Doc Rivers. That entire organisation revolved around Duncan and he might be the sole reason they aren't called the Seattle Spurs for all I care.

Bronbron23
01-06-2020, 12:50 PM
Why do people think Pop was some kind of savior the very second he stepped down from the GM role to coach? Pop wasn't a transcendent coach until the early 2010's. He nearly got fired and replaced by Doc Rivers. That entire organisation revolved around Duncan and he might be the sole reason they aren't called the Seattle Spurs for all I care.
I dont think hes a savior but hes a very good coach. Give him a great player like duncan and he'll win multiple chips. Give him mediocre players and he'll still constantly get 50 wins. Duncan is obviously a huge part of those spurs chips but so is pop.

red1
01-06-2020, 12:50 PM
I'll always love the spurs because of how they were the only team that could beat shaq's lakers.

they shit on the fatboy and his future-rapist sidekick that year, it was beautiful and it was all built around duncan on both sides of the ball. AD would have to beast in the playoffs several years in a row before he can really be compared to the GOAT modern big man.

Uncle Drew
01-06-2020, 12:55 PM
I dont think hes a savior but hes a very good coach. Give him a great player like duncan and he'll win multiple chips. Give him mediocre players and he'll still constantly get 50 wins. Duncan is obviously a huge part of those spurs chips but so is pop.
He is a very good coach, he was not always a very good coach. His ass was on the line in Houston with Robinson and Duncan together.

Bosnian Sajo
01-06-2020, 01:05 PM
Dude this shouldn’t even be a debate and wouldn’t be on any decent forum.
2003 Duncan led an average team past Shaq/Kobe to a championship. AD was struggling to even make the playoffs.

It’s crazy how Kobe fans hate stats until they want to use them. AD was getting called a losing stat padder before this year. His impact doesn’t even scratch the surface of Duncan’s.

LMAO @ led an average team.

Like yea, I'd probably pick Duncan too, but you guys are being absolutely ridiculous. Average team? Parker was already putting up 16 per and although Manu wasn't the star that he became, they had him and a more than solid Stephen Jackson on the team with good role players like the defensive juggernaut Bruce Bowen and solid vets like DRob, Kerr, and Steve Smith.

It's not as dumb of a debate as you guys are making it out to be, you're truly underestimating how good AD is. Duncan in 03 was the same age as AD is now, and AD is the clear cut best big man in the league right now, top 3 NBA player overall at the moment.

Bosnian Sajo
01-06-2020, 01:08 PM
I never suggested otherwise. I said duncan was better. I just think its close. I think if pop had ad from day 1 hed be a much smarter player and would definitely win a few chips with pop.

It absolutely is close.

Duncan has the edge due to the fact that we already know what he was able to accomplish, while we are in the midst of seeing what AD is capable of.

Bronbron23
01-06-2020, 01:11 PM
He is a very good coach, he was not always a very good coach. His ass was on the line in Houston with Robinson and Duncan together.
Nah man hes pretty much always been a good coach. The only year he had a losing record was his first year and that was only because his best player was out for pretty much the entire season.

Indian guy
01-06-2020, 01:17 PM
OP calls himself a Laker fan yet melts down daily over his team's success :facepalm

And then trolls with threads like these to compensate for it.

I hope he isn't unaware of the fact that everybody looks at him as this pathetic troll who can't get over the fact that LeBron surpassed his hero ages ago.

And yes, this thread has everything to do with LeBron too.

And no, AD isn't in peak TD's stratosphere as a player.

ShawkFactory
01-06-2020, 01:19 PM

So you think Anthony Davis > PEAK Tim Duncan? Just so we

Bankaii
01-06-2020, 01:21 PM
LMAO @ led an average team.

Like yea, I'd probably pick Duncan too, but you guys are being absolutely ridiculous. Average team? Parker was already putting up 16 per and although Manu wasn't the star that he became, they had him and a more than solid Stephen Jackson on the team with good role players like the defensive juggernaut Bruce Bowen and solid vets like DRob, Kerr, and Steve Smith.

It's not as dumb of a debate as you guys are making it out to be, you're truly underestimating how good AD is. Duncan in 03 was the same age as AD is now, and AD is the clear cut best big man in the league right now, top 3 NBA player overall at the moment.
His best player was a 20 year old Parker. He anchored a top defense while scoring 10 more ppg than his 2nd best player through the playoffs, and doubled him in the Lakers series while also out scoring Shaq. Again, AD was struggling to make the freaking playoffs. The impact isn

Bosnian Sajo
01-06-2020, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE=ShawkFactory]So you think Anthony Davis > PEAK Tim Duncan? Just so we

Bronbron23
01-06-2020, 01:24 PM
It absolutely is close.

Duncan has the edge due to the fact that we already know what he was able to accomplish, while we are in the midst of seeing what AD is capable of.
Exactly. Regardless of who ypu side with nobody should be saying its not close and i actually like duncan way more than ad but im not stupid, ad is obviously crazy talented. Put that kind of talent from day 1 with one of the greatest coaches ever and ad easily wins at least a couple chips.

Bosnian Sajo
01-06-2020, 01:28 PM
[QUOTE=Bankaii]His best player was a 20 year old Parker. He anchored a top defense while scoring 10 more ppg than his 2nd best player through the playoffs, and doubled him in the Lakers series while also out scoring Shaq. Again, AD was struggling to make the freaking playoffs. The impact isn

Uncle Drew
01-06-2020, 01:29 PM
Exactly. Regardless of who ypu side with nobody should be saying its not close and i actually like duncan way more than ad but im not stupid, ad is obviously crazy talented. Put that kind of talent from day 1 with one of the greatest coaches ever and ad easily wins at least a couple chips.
You mean give him 14.7 ppg, 40% shooting Parker and 12.8 ppg, 41% shooting Stephen Jackson as his 2nd and 3rd options for a playoff run? Oh wait, he had Jrue, who nearly scored more than Parker and Jackson combined. And Mirotic, who scored more than either. And ''Playoff'' Rondo, averaging double digits in assists.

The gap in impact between Duncan and Davis is hilarious. Duncan led his team in all statistical categories in the 2003 playoffs in all but steals by a laughable difference. This includes assists, as a big man.

Vino24
01-06-2020, 01:29 PM
Nope. Duncan

Bosnian Sajo
01-06-2020, 01:30 PM

Not just greatest coach, put AD in with a healthy and quality supporting cast like Duncan had? Idk how anyone can act like AD hasn't been dealt a shitty hand of cards his entire stint at New Orleans minus one season...hell, idek if you could minus that one season considering the year the Pelicans were stacked they STILL lost their #2 guy Cousins to an Achilles tear.

Bronbron23
01-06-2020, 01:32 PM
You mean give him 14.7 ppg, 40% shooting Parker and 12.8 ppg, 41% shooting Stephen Jackson as his 2nd and 3rd options for a playoff run? Oh wait, he had Jrue, who nearly scored more than Parker and Jackson combined. And Mirotic, who scored more than either. And Playoff Rondo, averaging double digits in assists.

The gap in impact between Duncan and Davis is hilarious. Duncan led his team in all statistical categories in the 2003 playoffs in all but steals by a laughable difference. This includes assists, as a big man.
And what about pop? Our debate centers around duncan having pop. Give ad pop from day 1 with that same spurs team and im pretty sure ad wins a few chips. Maybe not 5 like duncan because duncan was better but hed definitely win a few.

Bosnian Sajo
01-06-2020, 01:34 PM
And what about pop? Our debate centers around duncan having pop. Give ad pop from day 1 with that same spurs team and im pretty sure ad wins a few chips. Maybe not 5 like duncan because duncan was better but hed definitely win a few.

Bro, you're talking to a guy who is arguing that Nikola Mirotic was more impactful for the Pelicans than Steph Jackson and Tony Parker were in 03 for the Spurs.

This convo ain't going nowhere.

Uncle Drew
01-06-2020, 01:36 PM
What wiring in your brain makes you constantly think Pop was elite the very moment he walked into that coaching role? He wasn't.

Bronbron23
Not just greatest coach, put AD in with a healthy and quality supporting cast like Duncan had? Idk how anyone can act like AD hasn't been dealt a shitty hand of cards his entire stint at New Orleans minus one season...hell, idek if you could minus that one season considering the year the Pelicans were stacked they STILL lost their #2 guy Cousins to an Achilles tear.
Yeah duncan was blessed with some really good players also. Parker and gino were sick and then he had kawhi at the end. I feel like a prime manu on a team where he was aloud to do whatever he wanted could of been one of the best players in the nba. Put a prime manu in hardens place on the rockets and hed put up crazy stats.

Bankaii
So if you are gonna go in depth for Duncan, do the same for AD.

AD made the playoffs in his 3rd year, missed the next year with his 2nd and 3rd best players missing considerable amount of time (Evans missed 60 games, Gordon missed half the season). Not to mention Jrue and Ad both also missed 20 games each.

The following year AD's cast was him, Jrue, and injured Tyreke who was clearly not himself averaging less than 10ppg in only 26 games, and a mid season trade for Cousins.

We all know how well the Pelicans played with Rondo, Jrue, Cousins, and AD the following year...who knows how far they would have gotten has Cousins been healthy.

ITS NOT AS SIMPLE AS YOU MAKE IT OUT TO BE, plenty of factors to value in for both players.
Dude you

Bronbron23
01-06-2020, 01:40 PM
[QUOTE=Vino24]Nope. Duncan

Bosnian Sajo
01-06-2020, 01:47 PM
Yeah duncan was blessed with some really good players also. Parker and gino were sick and then he had kawhi at the end. I feel like a prime manu on a team where he was aloud to do whatever he wanted could of been one of the best players in the nba. Put a prime manu in hardens place on the rockets and hed put up crazy stats.

Oh that's a whole other story.

We here are comparing 2003 Spurs with a baby Manu and Tony who was just hitting the wheels on the road.

If we talking about their careers as a whole, Manu and Tony were outstanding players. There are plenty of people out there who believe Manu should have been finals MVP in 2005. During those playoffs as a whole, he averaged 21ppg lol.

EDIT: mind yall, ain't NO ONE here picking AD over Duncan. Neither Bronbron23 or I said AD over Duncan, we just are arguing that it isn't as big of a gap as yall are making it out to be. I'm a guy who has Duncan over Bron all time, don't for a second think I'm hating on Duncan or what he accomplished. GOAT PF.

Mr Feeny
01-06-2020, 01:49 PM
Who's the better all-around player?

Are you a moron?

Duncan was the 2nd best player in the league behind prime Shaq for about a 6 year stretch.
Davis isnt even the 2nd best player in 2019 where no player is close to what Shaq was back then.

Phoenix
01-06-2020, 01:52 PM

They do get banned. Then unbanned...rinse and repeat. :confusedshrug: Better to accept that the owners want these batshit crazy conversations, laugh at the insanity of it all, and look elsewhere if you actually want discussions that don't fly off the rails like it does here.

Bosnian Sajo
01-06-2020, 01:54 PM
Are you a moron?

Duncan was the 2nd best player in the league behind prime Shaq for about a 6 year stretch.
Davis isnt even the 2nd best player in 2019 where no player is close to what Shaq was back then.

Lmao.

Give me a list of current players you'd rather have over AD, today, this second.

Before the season I was saying Kawhi was the best in the NBA atm, I've kinda backed off on that stance but he's still up there. Kawhi and Giannis, along with AD are the top 3 players in the league right now. Who else?

Lebron is right there with em, just a notch below. Harden is right there with them, poised to win another MVP, but I but those 3 guys above Harden.

Mr Feeny
01-06-2020, 02:02 PM
Lmao.

Give me a list of current players you'd rather have over AD, today, this second.

Before the season I was saying Kawhi was the best in the NBA atm, I've kinda backed off on that stance but he's still up there. Kawhi and Giannis, along with AD are the top 3 players in the league right now. Who else?

Lebron is right there with em, just a notch below. Harden is right there with them, poised to win another MVP, but I but those 3 guys above Harden.

Kawhi and Giannis at the top of my head. Perhaps Lebron.

The reason you're confused is because you never watched prime Duncan and so don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

Bosnian Sajo
01-06-2020, 02:03 PM
Kawhi and Giannis at the top of my head. Perhaps Lebron.

The reason you're confused is because you never watched prime Duncan and so don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

I have though, I didn't watch the 03 finals but I sure as **** watched the entire 2005 finals because my dad's favorite player was Rasheed Wallace and we were going for him to win it all.

I'm not confused, dummy. I picked Duncan. I'm just arguing that AD ain't no regular star, he's gonna be an all time great PF when it's all said and done.

ImKobe
01-06-2020, 02:06 PM
You mean give him 14.7 ppg, 40% shooting Parker and 12.8 ppg, 41% shooting Stephen Jackson as his 2nd and 3rd options for a playoff run? Oh wait, he had Jrue, who nearly scored more than Parker and Jackson combined. And Mirotic, who scored more than either. And ''Playoff'' Rondo, averaging double digits in assists.

So, he did it all by himself? He had D-Rob, S-Jax, Bowen, Parker, Manu, Rose.

You don't have a top 10 offense and a top 3 defense without help. He had 3 future HOFers on his team and arguably the greatest coach in league history, Bowen was voted on 8 All-Defensive teams, all those guys stepped up in big wins. Bowen hit 7 threes against the Lakers in one of those wins, Manu had some big games off the bench, Parker was great in Game 5 and Game 6 for the Spurs vs. Lakers.

Duncan led in assists because of the Spurs' system, I don't recall Parker or Manu ever dominating the ball like your typical guard would, so that's no surprise to me.

AD is currently leading the Lakers in all the averages besides assists and we have a 29 - 7 record, that's oddly similar to Duncan's production in the 03 RS. He's on pace to finish with a higher PER, TS% and WS/48 than 03 Duncan, but I guess you guys don't think those stats are relevant now that it doesn't benefit your agenda. You sure do love using those numbers when comparing other guys.

Are you a moron?

What does that have anything to do with the topic? I'm comparing just 03 Duncan and 20 Davis. Davis has been one of the 5 best players in the league for the past 4 or so years (3x All-NBA first teams) and he hasn't even hit his peak yet.

2013-20 Davis is averaging 26/11 with 1.4 stls and 2.5 blocks per game with a 28.5 PER and 59%TS, he's on pace to have his 7th straight season of 20+ points, 10+ rebounds 1+ steals and 2+ blocks. He's on pace to have his 4th straight season of 25+ points, 10+ rebounds, 1+ steals and 2+ blocks per game. He's led the league in blocks 3 times. He's on his way to his 7th All-Star selection, 4th All-NBA and 4th All-Defensive team and he'll be in the conversation for DPOY and that's at age 26/27. Duncan had only played 5 seasons going into that 03 season and he was the same age.

Mr Feeny
01-06-2020, 02:15 PM
I have though, I didn't watch the 03 finals but I sure as **** watched the entire 2005 finals because my dad's favorite player was Rasheed Wallace and we were going for him to win it all.

I'm not confused, dummy. I picked Duncan. I'm just arguing that AD ain't no regular star, he's gonna be an all time great PF when it's all said and done.

No you didn't. You started watching in 2008. And you have no clue what prime Duncan was like.

But nice try.

Bosnian Sajo
01-06-2020, 02:18 PM
No you didn't. You started watching in 2008. And you have no clue what prime Duncan was like.

But nice try.

Oh, my mistake. Must have been a flu dream.

Mr Feeny
01-06-2020, 02:21 PM
Oh, my mistake. Must have been a flu dream.

Or the usual case of you making up stuff.

Phoenix
01-06-2020, 02:31 PM
This is one of those 'he needs to do it in the finals' conversations. AD's peak numbers are going to eclipse TD, especially offensively, but we have the benefit of seeing 03 Duncan staring down the barrel at Shaq and doing 28/12/5 against the champion Lakers, and 25/15/5 playoff averages enroute to a championship. Those numbers were in a more depressed era for pace and tougher defensive environment, so it's not an apples to apples comparison with what AD is doing now.

AD needs to legitimize his greatness in a historical context with a championship, until then it's a disservice to Duncan who proved what he could do at the highest level. In terms of raw talent AD probably has the edge, but are you taking him in a seven game series with your life on the line? I wouldn't based on available evidence.

superduper
01-06-2020, 02:50 PM
The stats stans are absolutely shaking in their boots right now :roll:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-06-2020, 02:55 PM
03 Duncan had a postseason for the ages.

Until Davis shows us anything in that realm, that tier or whatever, you're overrating him. Big time.

bigkingsfan
01-06-2020, 03:03 PM
06 Arenas or 08 Kobe?

SouBeachTalents
01-06-2020, 03:05 PM
Just to remind everyone of what Duncan was doing that postseason

Game 6 vs. Lakers, 37/16/4 on 64% in Staples to end the Lakers title run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_iN6qwvoS8

Game 1 WCF 40/15/7 on 70%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3Dn5EqiQTA

Game 3 WCF 34/24/6/6 on 63%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inR1UKJk2dI

Game 1 Finals 32/20/6/3/7 on 65%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWfjRz8yBuQ

Game 6 Finals, 21/20/10/8 to clinch the title

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWfjRz8yBuQ

He had like 5 other monster games I could've included besides these too. It literally was one of the most dominant playoff runs ever, and he did all this in a much more offensively depressed era of basketball, without another elite player on the roster too. So unless AD has a similar playoff run, this comparison is ridiculous

ShawkFactory
01-06-2020, 07:15 PM
The stats stans are absolutely shaking in their boots right now :roll:
Whys that?

Everyone knows you don

tpols
01-06-2020, 07:45 PM
Next thread: AD or 2000 Shaq :lol

I don’t even think AD on that ‘03 Spurs team gets past the first round

nah, duncan's definitely a little overrated. he aint shaq.

People just wont admit how elite pop's system is. I have no doubt AD would flourish and win chips with those casts over the years. so would garnett and dirk from his era.

Dirk w/ josh howard and jason terry beat prime timmy manu and parker ...probably a peak spurs team ever.

SouBeachTalents
01-06-2020, 07:48 PM

People just wont admit how elite pop's system is. I have no doubt AD would flourish and win chips with those casts over the years. so would garnett and dirk from his era.

Dirk w/ josh howard and jason terry beat prime timmy manu and parker ...probably a peak spurs team ever.
Duncan did average 32/12/4/3 on 56% that series, including 41/15/6 in Game 7, kinda hard to pin the blame on him for that one :lol

Smoke117
01-06-2020, 07:48 PM

I see you still have no idea what you are talking about. There was no great "elite" system in 2003. They basically just pounded it into Duncan in those days.

Manny98
01-06-2020, 07:50 PM
How is this dumbass thread gone 5 pages :facepalm

tpols
01-06-2020, 07:51 PM
lol Great system. There was no great system in 2003. They basically just pounded it into Duncan in those days. I see you still have no idea what you are talking about.

yea and Dirk got hurt paving way for the Nets... where jason kidd had even less help than duncan.

Popovich is the belichick of the NBA.

tpols
01-06-2020, 07:54 PM
Duncan did average 32/12/4/3 on 56% that series, including 41/15/6 in Game 7, kinda hard to pin the blame on him for that one :lol

He played great but dirk played even better.

Look at the ORTG DRTG splits Dirk was really on some GOAT shit.

SouBeachTalents
01-06-2020, 07:57 PM
But I do agree, outside the outlier of '03 where he truly was dominant, peak for peak Duncan really wasn't that much better than his ATG PF contemporaries like KG, Dirk, Barkley etc.

stalkerforlife
01-06-2020, 08:00 PM
This thread is legit because AD is THAT good.

I take Duncan if I'm being serious, but it's CLOSE.

AD is being ignored for the LeNarrative, but he's been absolutely phenomenal.

rmt
01-06-2020, 09:15 PM

The Spurs' system was throw it into Duncan and wait for the double team and his pass for an open 3 (or go one on one with Duncan down low). In 2003, Pop was not the coach that he became in the 2010's, Manu was a rookie and Parker was a 20 year old, 2nd year player.

Game 7 - cough, Manu, cough