PDA

View Full Version : This is Derrick Rose's true value after fighting thru multiple devastating injuries

superduper
01-08-2020, 02:44 PM
[ESPN] Before the Pistons game, Derrick Rose took time to meet a fan who's a two-time non-hodgkin's lymphoma survivor. He said Rose is his inspiration due to everything Rose has had to come back from with injuries 🙏

The mental toughness needed to even recover/rebuild yourself after a single devastating injury alone is insane but the fact that Rose had to do it over, and over, and over again is a true testament to his mental toughness. The situation would've mentally broken a good majority of this world and the fact that Rose is playing well through it all is amazing.

Basketball aside, the fact that Rose is able to literally change the life perspective of the people that need it most is absolutely incredible. Dude is changing lives of others just by conquering his own strugglings. Incredible things.

PeroAntic
01-08-2020, 04:10 PM
Rose won the greatest battle in the sport, the one against his own body. Whoever doesn't like Rose, doesn't understand sports.

five starred

superduper
01-08-2020, 04:18 PM
Rose won the greatest battle in the sport, the one against his own body. Whoever doesn't like Rose, doesn't understand sports.

five starred

His whole "we men...you can assume" nonsense was hilarious though :oldlol:

PeroAntic
01-08-2020, 04:25 PM
His whole "we men...you can assume" nonsense was hilarious though :oldlol:
Its the truth tho. I find nothing wrong with that statement. Who doesnt enjoy gangbanging some slut with his fam? But when a mf is rich and famous they all cry rape after a period of getting advice how she can cash in on it. **** that

warriorfan
01-08-2020, 04:50 PM
I would love to have seen his attorney

HoopologyPhD
01-08-2020, 06:53 PM
I am the 2nd person in this thread.

FKAri
01-08-2020, 07:11 PM
He could have been better than Westbrook. Wish he hadn't gotten injured. Not because I care for him or his career but because it means a less entertaining NBA for me.

HoopologyPhD
01-08-2020, 07:16 PM
He could have been better than Westbrook. Wish he hadn't gotten injured. Not because I care for him or his career but because it means a less entertaining NBA for me.

I don't know about this, Westbrook is pretty dumb, but Rose is taking the short bus to games along with T Lue and Kawhi.

Jasper
01-08-2020, 07:36 PM

five starred
i never like rose when he was a Bull

He was Shoot first PG which I detest.

But his game has evolved , and has been probably the best bench player in the world.
He should be traded to a contender.

FKAri
01-08-2020, 07:46 PM
I don't know about this, Westbrook is pretty dumb, but Rose is taking the short bus to games along with T Lue and Kawhi.
Westbrook can get ahead of himself and throw a game on his own. Rose usually kept it simple.

Westbrook over Rose:
better at finishing through contact
better help defender
better passer
slightly better play executer (they're both bad at this tho)

Rose over Westbrook:
better at finishing in traffic due to being more acrobatic in avoiding shot blockers
in general, better body control
better scoring instincts
much better change of direction
much better ball handler

At least that's how I see their primes playing out.

insidehoops
02-12-2020, 06:23 PM
It's wild that D-Rose is good again. But he probably needs to get away from the Pistons and maybe be a sixth man combo guard on a good team.