PDA

View Full Version : I don

Walk on Water
01-08-2020, 11:20 PM
Because Kobe makes tougher shots. Lebron often doesn’t play in the flow of the game and hunts for assists, hunts for the easier shots.

But what happens when Lebron needs to take the tough shots? He gets passive. He tends to defer..

Kobe would be taking a lot of the tougher shots and if the game was out of reach he would keep gunning. But don’t let the stats full you. Peak for peak, Kobe had the better offensive and defensive impact.

Stats can be misleading. Lebron averaged more rebounds than Jordan, but Jordan averaged more offensive rebounds and those are harder to get. Jordan was the more talented rebounder. Sure he could try to slack off on defense and steal a couple easy rebounds from his teammates. But does that impact the game? I can’t remember the last time Lebron went out of his way to grab a board. Most of them are rebounds that fall right to him.

3ball
01-08-2020, 11:28 PM
Because Kobe makes tougher shots. Lebron often doesn’t play in the flow of the game and hunts for assists, hunts for the easier shots.

But what happens when Lebron needs to take the tough shots? He gets passive. He tends to defer..

Kobe would be taking a lot of the tougher shots and if the game was out of reach he would keep gunning. But don’t let the stats full you. Peak for peak, Kobe had the better offensive and defensive impact.

Stats can be misleading. Lebron averaged more rebounds than Jordan, but Jordan averaged more offensive rebounds and those are harder to get. Jordan was the more talented rebounder. Sure he could try to slack off on defense and steal a couple easy rebounds from his teammates. But does that impact the game? I can’t remember the last time Lebron went out of his way to grab a board. Most of them are rebounds that fall right to him.
this is why Lebron is inferior to greats like Kobe

Kobe scores while the ball is moving (championship brand) and takes all the tough shots when his team badly needs a bucket, while Lebron scores when the ball isn't moving and doesn't take the critical shots that would lower his efficiency.

it's night and day - shooting efficiency can't be compared with these 2

superduper
01-08-2020, 11:53 PM
Just like Ben Simmons has a good FG% but anyone who watches knows his scoring doesn't reflect his FG%.

Same goes with Bran.

Airupthere
01-08-2020, 11:54 PM
Thats the thing with kobe, why does he have to take tougher shots? He forces the shot in tough situations rather having better read of the defense or playing within team play.

As for lebron, he does not seem to be as determined as most alpha scorers to risk shooting in clutch moments. And he seems to put too much weight on stats. I think back in Miami wade or bosh made some remark about how conscious lebron was of his fg% and stats.

Keno
01-08-2020, 11:54 PM
so we can't use fg % over kobe because lebron has higher iq...got it.

SpaceJam2
01-09-2020, 12:02 AM
I just use this

https://i.postimg.cc/SsdmvMPS/GOATlist-Simple.jpg

superduper
01-09-2020, 12:05 AM
I just use this

Good thing basketball isn't played on paper idiot :oldlol:

superduper
01-09-2020, 12:06 AM
"It's too much stats..."

All that needs to be said tbh.

Keno
01-09-2020, 12:08 AM
I just use this

in a league of his own...GOAT. :bowdown:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
01-09-2020, 12:09 AM
I just use this

only 1 of these 5 played in a garbage conference:applause: :applause:

Keno
01-09-2020, 12:17 AM
only 1 of these 5 played in a garbage conference:applause: :applause:

come on...jordan deserves more credit than that. :facepalm

SpaceJam2
01-09-2020, 01:21 AM

:lol Gott'm

Good ol weak 90s ball

Dray n Klay
01-09-2020, 01:52 AM

Get his ass :lol

BigTicket
01-09-2020, 06:45 AM
Kobe does make tougher shots, that is true, but most of the time he shouldn't be taking that tougher shot to begin with.

Being able to get an easy shot > Being able to hit a tough shot.

Sure it looks good when you hit the fadeaway against a double team, but if you keep taking those shots your team will lose, because it's an inefficient play.

Walk on Water
01-09-2020, 07:07 AM
Kobe does make tougher shots, that is true, but most of the time he shouldn't be taking that tougher shot to begin with.

Sure it looks good when you hit the fadeaway against a double team, but if you keep taking those shots your team will lose, because it's an inefficient play.

He took the tough shots because he was good at them. If he couldn’t make those tough shots, the championships are not won.

Kobe doesn’t need to take the easy shots when he can get his team in rhythm and let them score some easy buckets.

But in the flow of the game there will be times you need someone to take the much harder shots. And those are the shots that are worth more because they break the opponents hearts.

If every shot was an easy shot it wouldn’t be the NBA.

Lebron looks for opportunities to get some easier shots but often times it isn’t getting guys to play together. And so when they need a hard shot, he often times defers and then the blaming game begins whey they can’t make the tough shots for him.

Walk on Water
01-09-2020, 07:08 AM
so we can't use fg % over kobe because lebron has higher iq...got it.

I wouldn

Walk on Water
01-09-2020, 07:11 AM
Thats the thing with kobe, why does he have to take tougher shots? He forces the shot in tough situations rather having better read of the defense or playing within team play.

As for lebron, he does not seem to be as determined as most alpha scorers to risk shooting in clutch moments. And he seems to put too much weight on stats. I think back in Miami wade or bosh made some remark about how conscious lebron was of his fg% and stats.

There were times when Kobe forced it but that’s the byproduct of being a determined alpha.

Each tough make is worth more than an easy make because it frustrates the opponents. Look at Allen Iverson.

Walk on Water
01-09-2020, 07:26 AM
Was watching some AI highlights. How could a 5 ft 11 man with no stars and a horrible shooting percentage make it to the finals on his own?

Even though his percentage is low, the opponents had to work hard to defend him. And that tires them down, especially when they double team him.

By having the ability to make tough shots, it makes players against you have to work hard. And when the shots go in, it starts crushing them mentally.

Stats may seem like the answer, but the game is played through mental toughness and emotion. Maybe now it isn

BigTicket
01-09-2020, 07:31 AM
He took the tough shots because he was good at them.

If he was so good at them, and Lebron was not, why does Lebron have more playoff gamewinners ?

And why does Kobe have so few high scoring games in the playoffs if he was supposedly great at scoring when it mattered most ?

warriorfan
01-09-2020, 07:39 AM
If he was so good at them, and Lebron was not, why does Lebron have more playoff gamewinners ?

And why does Kobe have so few high scoring games in the playoffs if he was supposedly great at scoring when it mattered most ?

LeBron played his entire career in a different era of basketball in terms of rules. More restrictions on defense that caused the game to open up offensively. Increasing pace and scoring which leads to more opportunities to gain statistics.

BigTicket
01-09-2020, 07:46 AM
LeBron played his entire career in a different era of basketball in terms of rules. More restrictions on defense that caused the game to open up offensively. Increasing pace and scoring which leads to more opportunities to gain statistics.

Every era had the same amount of opportunities for game winners, so that argument doesn't make much sense.

knicksman
01-09-2020, 07:55 AM

In a grind it out do or die game. You are left with no choice but to iso your best player because most of the time, the plays are well defended. And its the players that are able to create their own shots in these situations that usually wins.

knicksman
01-09-2020, 07:58 AM

Most of his gamewinners were during his 2nd cleveland stint where nba is manufacturing his ass by giving him gamewinners coz people are calling him unclutch. Thats why most of his gamewinners are when the game is tied. He has no game tying or go ahead gamewinners. And if you look at his clutch stats, hes bad to the point that even kobe is a better passer than him.

LAL
01-09-2020, 08:15 AM
He averaged i think 2 assists less per game than lebron playing in a triangle offense his whole career basically. He read the defense like no other.

BigTicket
01-09-2020, 09:07 AM
He has no game tying or go ahead gamewinners.

Sounds like you have never seen his game winners against Orlando or Washington or Indiana.

sammichoffate
01-09-2020, 09:40 AM
He averaged i think 2 assists less per game than lebron playing in a triangle offense his whole career basically. He read the defense like no other.This, LeBron's never played in an actual system which is why his off-ball offense is below average. I don't think i've ever seen him cut backdoor, slip screens, or punish defenses that try to overplay on receiving passes.

Airupthere
01-09-2020, 09:57 AM
This, LeBron's never played in an actual system which is why his off-ball offense is below average. I don't think i've ever seen him cut backdoor, slip screens, or punish defenses that try to overplay on receiving passes.

And this is why he can inflate his stats as well. He’s ball dominant and has the freedom to work on his stats, which we know he is quite conscious of.

I dont really think of lebron as a closer, as an assassin. And i dont think that many people do.

G0ATbe
01-09-2020, 10:58 AM
Kobe simply wasnt skilled enough to create open looks for himself like lebron does. Which is why he takes tough shots. He reminds me of jr smith in that regard.

Walk on Water
01-09-2020, 11:08 AM
Kobe simply wasnt skilled enough to create open looks for himself like lebron does. Which is why he takes tough shots. He reminds me of jr smith in that regard.

You

superduper
01-09-2020, 11:09 AM

If only they allowed every player to use the LeSignature Stiff-Arm to create space on every single drive just as LeGOAT does :rockon:

Walk on Water
01-09-2020, 11:10 AM

So you

3ball
01-09-2020, 11:10 AM
Sounds like you have never seen his game winners against Orlando or Washington or Indiana.
in the championship

lebron has zero clutch shots in the championship - he's 0-8

it's quite remarkable that he has no clutch shots given how many times he's been to the championship.. it proves that he shrinks on the big stage, just like everyone says

FKAri
01-09-2020, 11:17 AM
If only they allowed every player to use the LeSignature Stiff-Arm to create space on every single drive just as LeGOAT does :rockon:
Let's be honest, Kobe was too limp to manage a stiff arm.

Hey Yo
01-09-2020, 11:33 AM
Was watching some AI highlights. How could a 5 ft 11 man with no stars and a horrible shooting percentage make it to the finals on his own?

Even though his percentage is low, the opponents had to work hard to defend him. And that tires them down, especially when they double team him.

By having the ability to make tough shots, it makes players against you have to work hard. And when the shots go in, it starts crushing them mentally.

Stats may seem like the answer, but the game is played through mental toughness and emotion. Maybe now it isn’t but it used to be about that. The team that alpha won. What good is it to have better stats when you lose?
If Philly was that bad, then why did Kobe play so bad against them?? He shot 41% for the series. Game 1 of that Finals, the alleged superstar at that point shot 7-22 (32%) had 6TO's and one FTA. :oldlol:

Hey Yo
01-09-2020, 12:02 PM
wrong account, OP

3ball
01-09-2020, 12:14 PM
If Philly was that bad, then why did Kobe play so bad against them?? He shot 41% for the series. Game 1 of that Finals, the alleged superstar at that point shot 7-22 (32%) had 6TO's and one FTA. :oldlol:
Kobe could've won those rings as the #1 option but he deferred and everyone knows they had chemistry issues.. hence the weak efficiency.. plus he was guarding Iverson a lot

but yeah, Philly was awful .. they were the first of 5 weak teams to make the Finals from the East that decade (01', 02', 03', 07', 09') that everyone knew would get smashed in the Finals.. . you didn't need a strong team to make the Finals in that conference, which makes Lebron's super-team formation a travesty - stacking the deck/cheating in plain view

Hey Yo
01-09-2020, 12:24 PM
Kobe could've won those rings as the #1 option but he deferred and everyone knows they had chemistry issues.. hence the weak efficiency.. plus he was guarding Iverson a lot

but yeah, Philly was awful .. they were the first of 5 weak teams to make the Finals from the East that decade (01', 02', 03', 07', 09') that everyone knew would get smashed in the Finals.. . you didn't need a strong team to make the Finals in that conference, which makes Lebron's super-team formation a travesty - stacking the deck/cheating in plain view
Why was there no chemistry issues against the Spurs a round earlier? Maybe due to facing the Spurs AARP backcourt? Just like the 97 and 98 Jazz had.

3ball
01-09-2020, 12:28 PM
Why was there no chemistry issues against the Spurs a round earlier? Maybe due to facing the Spurs AARP backcourt? Just like the 97 and 98 Jazz had.
Hornacek and Stockton locked down 3 athletic, all-star guards in the 1998 WCF (Kobe, Eddie Jones, Van Exel) when they swept shaq's 4 all-star Lakers

so no

Hey Yo
01-09-2020, 12:43 PM
Hornacek and Stockton locked down 3 athletic, all-star guards in 1998 WCF when they swept shaq's 4 all-star Lakers

so no
Each team had 1 All NBA player...

There's a reason why Del Harris got fired and never got another head coaching job after that conference Finals.

Tobio-Star
01-09-2020, 12:46 PM
Kobe was a walking brick. To even compare him with LeGOAT is straight blasphemy. Westbrook would be a fairer comparison

G0ATbe
01-09-2020, 01:05 PM
So you’re admitting that Kobe is the better tough shot maker. That’s your excuse?
Never said anything about making them. He was definitely a better tough shot taker though. Most missed shots of all time speaks for itself.