PDA

View Full Version : Just came home from a 1st date again and need yall help like last year lol

PWB15
02-16-2020, 12:26 AM
Ok this time I dont want to **** up. I got this text before I arrived home

"Im home, Thanks again for the lovely evening"

So what now? Do I respond back tonight and send a similar text??

highwhey
02-16-2020, 12:29 AM
you're overthinking it.

PWB15
02-16-2020, 12:34 AM
you're overthinking it.

so respond to the text

Walk on Water
02-16-2020, 12:44 AM
Don’t text. Play hard to get.

highwhey
02-16-2020, 12:53 AM
so respond to the text

i'm not an expert. just saying, i've been in your shoes. you're overthinking.

dont listen to your insecurities and do what feels good to you.

if she likes you, she's not going to ghost you for texting her good night. if she does, she's a thot.

LAmbruh
02-16-2020, 01:05 AM
pics?

1987_Lakers
02-16-2020, 07:59 PM
Ok this time I dont want to **** up. I got this text before I arrived home

"Im home, Thanks again for the lovely evening"

So what now? Do I respond back tonight and send a similar text??

Really hope you are trolling.

MrFonzworth
02-16-2020, 08:28 PM
Ask her to sign up on ISH. If she says no ghost her.

PWB15
02-16-2020, 10:55 PM
Really hope you are trolling.

No Im not. This dating shit is so confusing

CelticBaller
02-16-2020, 11:01 PM
you idiot you let her know that you got home safe and you make another convo eventually asking for the next date

PWB15
02-17-2020, 03:22 AM
you idiot you let her know that you got home safe and you make another convo eventually asking for the next date

That's what I did and plan to call tomorrow evening

Hawker
02-17-2020, 04:15 AM
i'm not an expert. just saying, i've been in your shoes. you're overthinking.

dont listen to your insecurities and do what feels good to you.

if she likes you, she's not going to ghost you for texting her good night. if she does, she's a thot.

Yeah - texts good night are to reply with something simple. Just text whatever comes to mind. If you catch it before you go to bed, just say, "Thanks _______. I had a good time too." If you catch it the next day, "Glad you had a good time. Enjoy your day." I don't even think about whether or not she likes it or if it sounds cheesy or whatever. **** it.

Hawker
02-17-2020, 04:19 AM
That's what I did and plan to call tomorrow evening

I'd advise against calling. It doesn't differentiate yourself like you think it does. I tend to agree that getting the nerve to call a girl you don't know well is definitely a "growing up" moment that young boys don't have to go through but it is what it is these days. And women that think it's creepy are too insecure to talk over the phone. Keep it simple to texting and save the convo for when you see each other.

A simple text whats up to see how her day's going would suffice and follow up with asking to see if she wants to hang. Ask her if she wants to hang out Fri/Sat night and already have a plan in place. If you're too busy to plan something at the time - let her know that you'll get back to them the next day with plans but to keep that time slot open.

What'd you do for your first date?

PWB15
02-17-2020, 04:30 AM
I'd advise against calling. It doesn't differentiate yourself like you think it does. I tend to agree that getting the nerve to call a girl you don't know well is definitely a "growing up" moment that young boys don't have to go through but it is what it is these days. And women that think it's creepy are too insecure to talk over the phone. Keep it simple to texting and save the convo for when you see each other.

A simple text whats up to see how her day's going would suffice and follow up with asking to see if she wants to hang. Ask her if she wants to hang out Fri/Sat night and already have a plan in place. If you're too busy to plan something at the time - let her know that you'll get back to them the next day with plans but to keep that time slot open.

What'd you do for your first date?

First date was dinner and walking around the mall. This time of the year since its cold most things you do are indoors. I was just going to call for 5 mins to see what her schedule was not ramble on for a hour. I made that mistake in the past lol

highwhey
02-17-2020, 04:41 AM
First date was dinner and walking around the mall. This time of the year since its cold most things you do are indoors. I was just going to call for 5 mins to see what her schedule was not ramble on for a hour. I made that mistake in the past lol

I'd listen to hawk about not calling.

Hawker
02-17-2020, 04:53 AM

I didn't think you were but sometimes people get busy and don't have time to talk. Then she doesn't answer and you'll be back here freaking out, "omg do I text her next or do I wait for her to call me back."

Send a text. Keep it simple. "Hey, how was your day today? Anything exciting?" Don't have to spit major game for this stuff. She obviously had a good time and I think that was a solid date idea so remain confident.

She'll text back about her day was. You give some generic/interesting response (depending on what she says) and in the same message say, "Let's catch up again this weekend. How does Friday night sound? Or "Are you free this weekend? Let's catch up." She lets you know the night she's free and you go from there. Don't have to have every detail planned up from the beginning. But if you say you're going to plan something and get back to her - you have to 100% follow through. Use the internet.

Skip the movie dates.

FreezingTsmoove
02-17-2020, 04:55 AM
Calling is an absolute alpha move OP, and thats what girls love

PWB15
02-17-2020, 04:59 AM

Maybe I can save the call for the actual date discussion once the day she is free is mentioned over text. One thing I dont want to do is discuss the date over text just the day she is free so I can plan it and talk about it live.

Hawker
02-17-2020, 07:56 AM

Too risky. This is before the Snapchat/tinder/bumble phenomenon.

Hawker
02-17-2020, 07:58 AM
Maybe I can save the call for the actual date discussion once the day she is free is mentioned over text. One thing I dont want to do is discuss the date over text just the day she is free so I can plan it and talk about it live.

Try it and see what happens. I can plan a date in 1-2 sentences followed with a “sounds good” or a slight variation that comes from her. No need to call.

You do you thigh. If you’re confident in this strategy, don’t listen to me and just do it.

Pushxx
02-17-2020, 03:53 PM
We need pics. Blur the face if needed

PWB15
02-17-2020, 07:27 PM
I didn't think you were but sometimes people get busy and don't have time to talk. Then she doesn't answer and you'll be back here freaking out, "omg do I text her next or do I wait for her to call me back."

Send a text. Keep it simple. "Hey, how was your day today? Anything exciting?" Don't have to spit major game for this stuff. She obviously had a good time and I think that was a solid date idea so remain confident.

She'll text back about her day was. You give some generic/interesting response (depending on what she says) and in the same message say, "Let's catch up again this weekend. How does Friday night sound? Or "Are you free this weekend? Let's catch up." She lets you know the night she's free and you go from there. Don't have to have every detail planned up from the beginning. But if you say you're going to plan something and get back to her - you have to 100% follow through. Use the internet.

Skip the movie dates.

Well I did everything you said and didnt get the result I wanted. First text was asking how her day was and she responded asking how my day was. The 2nd text was telling her about my day and told her how nice the weather was supposed to be this coming saturday and asked what her schedule looked like. She responded with "I think I have to work with a :cry: emoji

So that's the result as of now.

Hawker
02-17-2020, 09:11 PM
Well I did everything you said and didnt get the result I wanted. First text was asking how her day was and she responded asking how my day was. The 2nd text was telling her about my day and told her how nice the weather was supposed to be this coming saturday and asked what her schedule looked like. She responded with "I think I have to work with a :cry: emoji

So that's the result as of now.

She’s responding back to you and giving emojis. She can’t commit to anything since she has to work.
You’re fine. Just keep the conversation going like you’re doing now and see when she’s available. She probably sucks at small talk.

Rolando
02-18-2020, 03:49 AM
Make sure you get out and do something on Saturday anyway. The fun and adventure happens with or without her....she should be aware of that.

GimmeThat
02-18-2020, 04:10 AM
how financially independent and committed are you to her, discovering her response pretty much tells you how it ends.

PWB15
02-18-2020, 10:36 AM
Make sure you get out and do something on Saturday anyway. The fun and adventure happens with or without her....she should be aware of that.

thats the plan to do something else. Im definitely not going to be in the house

PWB15
02-18-2020, 03:07 PM
She’s responding back to you and giving emojis. She can’t commit to anything since she has to work.
You’re fine. Just keep the conversation going like you’re doing now and see when she’s available. She probably sucks at small talk.

but she never mentioned another which leads me to believe she is not interested

dreamshake
03-13-2020, 12:19 AM
No need for games bro. If a girl likes you, it's hard to meet things up really. Don't shoot yourself in the foot by trying too hard.