PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Kemba into Kyrie, Team Giannis would've won this.

Kiddlovesnets
02-17-2020, 01:12 AM
Kemba was misfiring and turning the ball over, as if he was playing for the other side. I havent laughed this hard in ages, Giannis paid a price selecting this trash as his starting PG. Kyrie is way better scorer and dribbler, he would've scored at least a few points, at least not to look completely lost in offense. Replace Walker by Irving, and Team Giannis would've won this game.
:oldlol:

scuzzy
02-17-2020, 01:15 AM
Lebron would have made the right play and picked Kyrie though

Nike D'Antoni
02-17-2020, 01:21 AM
He Picked Embiid over Kawhi. He picked Trae/Kemba over Harden.

LAVAR BALL
02-17-2020, 08:35 AM
Like Kyrie helped his team win games last playoffs hu?? :lol

Kiddlovesnets
02-17-2020, 12:25 PM
Like Kyrie helped his team win games last playoffs hu?? :lol

Irving > Walker is the obvious truth. Doesnt matter how good Irving is on a greater scale, hes the better player when compared to Kemba Walker.

tpols
02-17-2020, 12:29 PM
true...

kyrie is a far superior iso scorer and all that 4th quarter was was iso's. His technical dribbling and midrange arsenal shit on kemba's.

Kiddlovesnets
02-17-2020, 12:31 PM
The Celtics may be a better regular season team with Walker, but coming playoffs time his deficiency will show and the Celtics fans will be missing Irving. Players like Irving are built for the bigger stage, they are a class above the likes of Walker.

SouBeachTalents
02-17-2020, 12:37 PM
The Celtics may be a better regular season team with Walker, but coming playoffs time his deficiency will show and the Celtics fans will be missing Irving. Players like Irving are built for the bigger stage, they are a class above the likes of Walker.
Nigguh did you even watch Kyrie in the playoffs last year :oldlol: Kemba couldn't possibly be worse

Kiddlovesnets
02-17-2020, 01:19 PM
Nigguh did you even watch Kyrie in the playoffs last year :oldlol: Kemba couldn't possibly be worse

Well Irving's worst would have been about as good as Walker's best.

Real Men Wear Green
02-17-2020, 01:25 PM
Did you see that Bucks series in the second round? Walker could do better for the Cs by just not playing.

Hittin_Shots
02-17-2020, 01:35 PM
Did you see that Bucks series in the second round? Walker could do better for the Cs by just not playing.

This thread gives me great hope for Kemba in the playoffs. Kiddlovesnets knows nothing.

CelticBaller
02-17-2020, 01:59 PM
Kyrie is not even an upgrade over DLo

atljonesbro
02-17-2020, 02:16 PM
They had Trae Young sitting right there on the bench. Would’ve given them an actual willing passing and better scorer

Kiddlovesnets
02-17-2020, 03:03 PM

Oh yeah so the role of an all star player paid 30m+ a year like Kemba Walker, is just to sit on the bench and not play so he wont hurt the team. Thats too easy and quick money, I want that too and I only need 1m a year min contract.
:roll:

bison
02-17-2020, 03:20 PM
yes I agree, Kyrie would have won this in an otherwise meaningless exhibition game. Doesn’t change the fact the Celtics are playing with great chemistry this season compared to last year.

Real Men Wear Green
02-17-2020, 03:22 PM
Oh yeah so the role of an all star player paid 30m+ a year like Kemba Walker, is just to sit on the bench and not play so he wont hurt the team. Thats too easy and quick money, I want that too and I only need 1m a year min contract.
:roll:
And that would be better than shooting 36% on 20 shots per game.

RRR3
02-17-2020, 03:33 PM

OP is a useless troll. No sense trying to talk sense to him. He enjoys acting retarded.

Kiddlovesnets
02-17-2020, 03:36 PM
yes I agree, Kyrie would have won this in an otherwise meaningless exhibition game. Doesn’t change the fact the Celtics are playing with great chemistry this season compared to last year.

You do realize that this is mere regular season, dont ya? How about in 2018-2019 season when Kyrie first arrived? He led this team to 56-26 record that sealed HCA for the first 2 rounds of the playoffs, or they would've gotten past the Bucks in 1st round.
:rockon:

Manny98
02-17-2020, 03:47 PM
Kemba is a poor mans version of Kyrie, no shame in that

Real Men Wear Green
02-17-2020, 03:48 PM
You do realize that this is mere regular season, dont ya? How about in 2018-2019 season when Kyrie first arrived? He led this team to 56-26 record that sealed HCA for the first 2 rounds of the playoffs, or they would've gotten past the Bucks in 1st round.
:rockon:
No he didn't. He missed 20 to 30 games, the team won the same percentage of games with him as without him and made the conference finals without him playing a minute.

Kiddlovesnets
02-17-2020, 03:51 PM
No he didn't. He missed 20 to 30 games, the team won the same percentage of games with him as without him and made the conference finals without him playing a minute.

Weird, my memory told me that Kyrie was a big part of the Celtics 16 games winning streak at the beginning of 2017-2018 season, and his contribution helped the Celtics secure 2nd seed in the game. Without the HCA they would have lost to the then 7th seed Bucks, they couldnt win in Milwaukee.
:rolleyes:

Real Men Wear Green
02-17-2020, 03:54 PM
Weird, my memory told me that Kyrie was a big part of the Celtics 16 games winning streak at the beginning of 2017-2018 season, and his contribution helped the Celtics secure 2nd seed in the game. Without the HCA they would have lost to the then 7th seed Bucks, they couldnt win in Milwaukee.
:rolleyes:
If you miss a third of the games, the team wins at the same rate without you as they do with you and you don't play a single game of the postseason then no you don't get credit for team success.

tpols
02-17-2020, 04:16 PM

i dont think using 1 series out of kyries entire career is quite fair mate...

he's done.. a lot outside of that.

Real Men Wear Green
02-17-2020, 05:03 PM
i dont think using 1 series out of kyries entire career is quite fair mate...

he's done.. a lot outside of that.

Not in Boston. OP wants to talk about how the celtics would be better off with this dude but we've seen how that went and there's just no argument to be made.

tpols
02-17-2020, 05:06 PM
Not in Boston. OP wants to talk about how the celtics would be better off with this dude but we've seen how that went and there's just no argument to be made.

OP's title is about kyrie replacing kemba in the all star game... not just on boston. Kyrie absolutely could've and likely wouldve done better than what kemba put up last night which was pathetic.

Wally450
02-17-2020, 05:07 PM
:lol:lol

red1
02-17-2020, 05:19 PM
watching kyrie struggle has been hilarious because people tried to say he was an "alpha that could carry a team" - a laughable idea as we've seen :roll:

the idea of kyrie having been the one to carry the team - to carry any team - is hilarious :oldlol:

kid is a godly scorer with all-time low IQ and intangibles.

Real Men Wear Green
02-17-2020, 05:33 PM
OP's title is about kyrie replacing kemba in the all star game... not just on boston. Kyrie absolutely could've and likely wouldve done better than what kemba put up last night which was pathetic.1: You should read what I was replying to. He was talking about Boston.

2: 23 points isn't pathetic.

Smoke117
02-17-2020, 05:45 PM

lmfao. Yeah Kyrie was really lighting it up in the playoffs last season. He was atrocious just chucking the Celtics out of games.

KD7
02-17-2020, 06:14 PM
watching kyrie struggle has been hilarious because people tried to say he was an "alpha that could carry a team" - a laughable idea as we've seen :roll:

the idea of kyrie having been the one to carry the team - to carry any team - is hilarious :oldlol:

kid is a godly scorer withall-time low IQ and intangibles
:facepalm

Patsie
02-17-2020, 06:23 PM
OP clearly salty because all of Kyrie's team play better without him.

Celtics thrived before Kyrie came back, and are thriving after.

Nets are 8-12 when Kyrie plays, and have a winning record without him. Dinwiddie is clearly a better fit for the team.

ImKobe
02-17-2020, 09:11 PM
OP clearly salty because all of Kyrie's team play better without him.

Celtics thrived before Kyrie came back, and are thriving after.

Nets are 8-12 when Kyrie plays, and have a winning record without him. Dinwiddie is clearly a better fit for the team.

They're 17 - 16, hardly any better. Didn't finish the last game due to injury which was a close loss that he could have swung. They've had some brutal losses with Irving where he was a positive on the court and the 2nd unit just threw it.

Funny how Irving is the "cancer" for playing the star role like he's being paid to do, but it's fine for Spence to pout and play like shit every time Irving suits up.

Patsie
02-17-2020, 09:15 PM
They're 17 - 16, hardly any better. Didn't finish the last game due to injury which was a close loss that he could have swung. They've had some brutal losses with Irving where he was a positive on the court and the 2nd unit just threw it.

Funny how Irving is the "cancer" for playing the star role like he's being paid to do, but it's fine for Spence to pout and play like shit every time Irving suits up.

That's 52% win rate without Kyrie as opposed to 40% with him, not exactly 'hardly any better' territory. For comparison, that's about the gap between the Rockets and the Grizzlies.

Both Kemba and Kyrie are paid like stars, and both play like stars. The difference is that Kyrie's teams are better without him. I don't blame Dinwiddie for resenting Kyrie when the team is clearly better with Spence as a leader.

ImKobe
02-17-2020, 09:21 PM
That's 52% win rate without Kyrie as opposed to 40% with him, not exactly 'hardly any better' territory.

Both Kemba and Kyrie are paid like stars, and both play like stars. The difference is that Kyrie's teams are better without him. I don't blame Dinwiddie for resenting Kyrie when the team is clearly better with Spence as a leader.

Kyrie's teams aren't really better without him. Cavs lost in 2015 because he got injured. Dinwiddie is no leader, he thinks he's a star but he just doesn't have the whole package and he's not a great fit next to Irving due to him not being able to shoot. It's not like the Celtics didn't replace him with another star guard with Hayward coming back healthy and the young guys developing.

Kyrie is getting the 05-07 Kobe treatment from the media & fans, we're acting as if 2016 never happened.

Patsie
02-17-2020, 09:31 PM
Kyrie's teams aren't really better without him. Cavs lost in 2015 because he got injured. Dinwiddie is no leader, he thinks he's a star but he just doesn't have the whole package and he's not a great fit next to Irving due to him not being able to shoot. It's not like the Celtics didn't replace him with another star guard with Hayward coming back healthy and the young guys developing.

Kyrie is getting the 05-07 Kobe treatment from the media & fans, we're acting as if 2016 never happened.

Mate, you're more than welcome to think this way, but a few season's worth of data suggests you're wrong - at least since Kyrie joined Boston.

Smoke117
02-17-2020, 10:26 PM

If Kyrie was still there Tatum and Brown wouldn't be developing and Hayward would still be standing around in a corner. You're just salty because you put all your chips into Kyrie after Kobe retired and now he's one of the bad jokes of the league.

superduper
02-17-2020, 11:17 PM
OP got Bran stans super shook.

ImKobe
02-18-2020, 05:54 AM
If Kyrie was still there Tatum and Brown wouldn't be developing and Hayward would still be standing around in a corner. You're just salty because you put all your chips into Kyrie after Kobe retired and now he's one of the bad jokes of the league.

How is he a bad joke? I've been a fan of his since 2012. How many players can do what he did in the 2016 and 2017 Playoffs?

I'm not salty at all, I just think it's hilarious people are hating on Kyrie so much when he's one of the best point guards we've ever seen. Even funnier that people label him a ballhog who doesn't pass when his assist numbers have been going up as his shot attempts have gone down and he's one of the most efficient scorers we've ever seen while also having one of the best AST-TO ratios. There's no weakness in his offensive game. One of the best finishers we've ever seen, career 45+% mid-range shooter, 39-40% high-volume 3PT shooter, one of the best FT shooters ever.

Kyrie Per 100 Poss

2018 - 28.1 FGA 7.9 APG
2019 - 27.0 FGA 10.1 APG

So after the Celtics had their little run without him, he came back next season shooting the ball less and passing it a hell of a lot more, Tatum's shot attempts/touches went up and he had his chance to shine but he just wasn't good enough yet. He struggled for the first 30ish games this season by averaging 20 ppg on like 41-43% shooting before he finally figured out how to finish at the basket. Jayson, just like Dinwiddie, was mad that he wasn't the star of the show. It had nothing to do with Irving being a cancer, just that another teammate of his wanted to be the man and didn't like the fact that Irving was the #1 guy. Kemba's a lot more laid back and submissive which is why Tatum likes him over Kyrie.

He's such a bad joke that one of the 3 best players in the game left a dynasty to team up with him, he's such a bad joke that the players voted him as VP of the Players' Association.

Either you're a LeGOAT fan who's obsessed with hating on every former teammate of his, or you're just an idiot who bought into the media narratives like most other casual fans.

red1
02-18-2020, 10:57 AM
:facepalm

great response bitch.

keep following me around on both of your accounts manny. :applause:

Kiddlovesnets
02-18-2020, 11:13 AM
Actually we've already seen how incompetent Walker is during the FIBA worldcup last year, with him running the point Team USA had a humiliating record in that tournament, which aint just a coincidence. Walker got exposed big time, he just aint built for the big stage, he cant score or even play decently well during crunch time, he is a letdown if you count on him.

Real Men Wear Green
02-18-2020, 12:50 PM
Actually we've already seen how incompetent Walker is during the FIBA worldcup last year, with him running the point Team USA had a humiliating record in that tournament, which aint just a coincidence. Walker got exposed big time, he just aint built for the big stage, he cant score or even play decently well during crunch time, he is a letdown if you count on him.
I see we don't watch the NCAA tournament.

AirBonner
02-18-2020, 12:55 PM
kyrie is not even an upgrade over dlo

lmao

Kiddlovesnets
02-18-2020, 12:59 PM
I see we don't watch the NCAA tournament.

You do realize that Walker was already a college junior when he led UConn to NCAA championship, while the other players like Irving was just freshmen, dont you? Nice Try.

Real Men Wear Green
02-18-2020, 01:06 PM
You do realize that Walker was already a college junior when he led UConn to NCAA championship, while the other players like Irving was just freshmen, dont you? Nice Try.
So? We are talking about Walker's ability toperform under pressure, not his age. This part wasn't even about Irving, the only thing anyone remembers about Irving at Duke is that he was hurt (again).

Kiddlovesnets
02-18-2020, 01:13 PM
So? We are talking about Walker's ability toperform under pressure, not his age. This part wasn't even about Irving, the only thing anyone remembers about Irving at Duke is that he was hurt (again).

So you apparently didnt understand what I was talking about earlier. It had nothing to do with performance under pressure, its about the talent, how good actually is as a player. Walker performed well in that NCAA tournament 'cause he was the best player of that tournament, the others were injured, under-class, or simply worse than him. Why he couldnt replicate this success in the NBA and FIBA? 'cause he is no longer the best player there, and more precisely, he aint even on the top tier of players at all. Walker doesnt choke on the big stage, he just lacks talent. There is a reason why he had to stay in college for 3 years, and still have not won a play-off series in his career. Irving is a much better player talent-wise, and he makes shots Walker cannot make.

AirBonner
02-18-2020, 01:17 PM
So you apparently didnt understand what I was talking about earlier. It had nothing to do with performance under pressure, its about the talent, how good actually is as a player. Walker performed well in that NCAA tournament 'cause he was the best player of that tournament, the others were injured, under-class, or simply worse than him. Why he couldnt replicate this success in the NBA and FIBA? 'cause he is no longer the best player there, and more precisely, he aint even on the top tier of players at all. Walker doesnt choke on the big stage, he just lacks talent. There is a reason why he had to stay in college for 3 years, and still have not won a play-off series in his career. Irving is a much better player talent-wise, and he makes shots Walker cannot make.

Kyrie is better on paper. But in real life he is injured and on the bench.

Real Men Wear Green
02-18-2020, 01:53 PM
So you apparently didnt understand what I was talking about earlier.And neither did you. You wrote:
Actually we've already seen how incompetent Walker is during the FIBA worldcup last year, with him running the point Team USA had a humiliating record in that tournament, which aint just a coincidence. Walker got exposed big time, he just aint built for the big stage, he cant score or even play decently well during crunch time, he is a letdown if you count on him. But now you want to say
It had nothing to do with performance under pressure, its about the talent, how good actually is as a player. Walker performed well in that NCAA tournament 'cause he was the best player of that tournament, the others were injured, under-class, or simply worse than him. So what are you saying now, that he's a worse player than Frank Ntilikina? The backtracking just isn't working.
Why he couldnt replicate this success in the NBA and FIBA? 'cause he is no longer the best player there, and more precisely, he aint even on the top tier of players at all. Walker doesnt choke on the big stage, he just lacks talent. There is a reason why he had to stay in college for 3 years, and still have not won a play-off series in his career. Irving is a much better player talent-wise, and he makes shots Walker cannot make.He's made All-Star and All-NBA. He hasn't won a series because the Hornets were a bad team. Do you blame Irving for winning nothing but lottery picks before LeBron James?

Whoah10115
02-18-2020, 02:58 PM
Kyrie is not one of the best point guards we've seen..that line of thinking is just an enabling of his weedhead self.

He did great in some series because, along with his talent, he is a "big lights player", as Kenny Smith put it. But he was playing with the best player in the world.

As the guy, he reverts back. His Cavs teams showed NO improvement, at any point in his time there, before James returned. And in Boston, he did well initially, but the team did well without him..then they were better.

And with Brooklyn, the same. And when watching, especially now with the Nets, it makes me think: Stephon Marbury...Jason Kidd..

He's not Jason Kidd.

JEFFERSON MONEY
02-18-2020, 06:00 PM
Kemba got a solid 23 on 50% FG in the ASG. Why you people hating?

Kyrie AINT DONE SHEET without LBJ. Imagine K Love, Tristan, and LBJ playing with Kemba.. Kemba would average so many more assists and would have some space to knock down more 3's!

Kemba led his college team to ELEVEN STRAIGHT VICTORIES to secure the Big East Championship and National Championship. Kemba is selfless enough to allow the other Celtics to flourish and comes on the court with a big smile on his face and solid leadership.

Kyrie meanwhile doing all kinds of bogus things--complaining, talking about the earth being flat, making silly uncle drew movies. Sitting out.

KEMBA's INTANGIBLES ARE BETTER. DEAL WITH IT.

One of the quickest players in the league. Ever!

Huskies > Blue Devils
Coach Calhoun > Coach K
Ray Allen >>> JJ Reddick
Emeka Okafor >> Sheldon Williams
Andre Drummond > Elton Brand
Rip Hamilton >> Luol Deng

CONNECTICUT >>>> DUKE.

tpols
02-18-2020, 06:32 PM
Kyrie won ROY over Kemba.

Kyrie was the leading scorer in FIBA 2014 Championship game.

As it pertains to this thread, Kyrie has an ASG MVP award.

Kyrie put on one of the best Finals series from a guard ever in 2016.

And so on....

smh

Kemba hasnt done anything illustrious. He's a run of the mill bench all star talent.

Kiddlovesnets
02-18-2020, 11:05 PM
Kemba got a solid 23 on 50% FG in the ASG. Why you people hating?

Kyrie AINT DONE SHEET without LBJ. Imagine K Love, Tristan, and LBJ playing with Kemba.. Kemba would average so many more assists and would have some space to knock down more 3's!

Kemba led his college team to ELEVEN STRAIGHT VICTORIES to secure the Big East Championship and National Championship. Kemba is selfless enough to allow the other Celtics to flourish and comes on the court with a big smile on his face and solid leadership.

Kyrie meanwhile doing all kinds of bogus things--complaining, talking about the earth being flat, making silly uncle drew movies. Sitting out.

KEMBA's INTANGIBLES ARE BETTER. DEAL WITH IT.

One of the quickest players in the league. Ever!

Huskies > Blue Devils
Coach Calhoun > Coach K
Ray Allen >>> JJ Reddick
Emeka Okafor >> Sheldon Williams
Andre Drummond > Elton Brand
Rip Hamilton >> Luol Deng

CONNECTICUT >>>> DUKE.

So you haven’t watched the last quarter when Kemba Walker completely shat the bed? It’s not like that he choked, more like he just ain’t talented enough to make shots when defense tightens up.

Wally450
02-19-2020, 12:11 AM
So you haven’t watched the last quarter when Kemba Walker completely shat the bed? It’s not like that he choked, more like he just ain’t talented enough to make shots when defense tightens up.

So you didn’t watch last postseason when Kyrie shot the Celtics out of the playoffs and instead of trying to be better at other things, he said he should’ve taken more shots? Kembas intangibles are far and away better than Kyries. Also a better team player which goes a long way.

ImKobe
02-19-2020, 06:34 AM
Kyrie won ROY over Kemba.

Kyrie was the leading scorer in FIBA 2014 Championship game.

As it pertains to this thread, Kyrie has an ASG MVP award.

Kyrie put on one of the best Finals series from a guard ever in 2016.

And so on....

smh

Kemba hasnt done anything illustrious. He's a run of the mill bench all star talent.

Yup. His FIBA performance was just god awful, and wasn't he like 0 - 28 against Lebron in Charlotte? Never won a Playoff series and produced one mediocre season after another with the Hornets, now all of a sudden he's better than a champion who's played in 3 Finals? Based on what?

We can break down the data, Kemba's a mediocre scorer in the paint (48-55%FG in his first 4 seasons), this is his first season at above 60% for Boston. He's a career 33% scorer from 3-10 ft and not that great of a mid-range scorer and he's a worse defensive player & passer than Irving, but these idiots from Mass think he's anywhere near Irving's league as a player?

They think Kyrie was bad against Milwaukee. Kemba in his last Playoff series (2016), shot 36.6%FG with just 4 assists a game and they lost in 7. He went 3/16 for 9 points in the Game 7 against Miami. That's the guy they're banking on.

Real Men Wear Green
02-19-2020, 08:19 AM
Yup. His FIBA performance was just god awful, and wasn't he like 0 - 28 against Lebron in Charlotte? Never won a Playoff series and produced one mediocre season after another with the Hornets, now all of a sudden he's better than a champion who's played in 3 Finals? Based on what? And what did Irving do before James joined his team? Didn't they get the top pick in the draft twice? Neither Irving nor Walker is the kind of player that makes a bad team good, and we've seen two different teams (Boston and Brooklyn) where the team's record was just as good or better without Irving. Without James he'd have played in 0 Finals and in one of those three series he only played one game because he was injured (again).

We can break down the data, Kemba's a mediocre scorer in the paint (48-55%FG in his first 4 seasons), this is his first season at above 60% for Boston. He's a career 33% scorer from 3-10 ft and not that great of a mid-range scorer and he's a worse defensive player & passer than Irving, but these idiots from Mass think he's anywhere near Irving's league as a player?An NBA season is 82 games. Two years ago Irving played in 60 or them and none in the playoffs because he was injured. Last season Irving played in 67 and did manage to make the postseason but vs. the Bucks he might as well have stayed home. This year Irving is most likely done having played in 20. Yes, Walker is better than that. Irving is more talented. He is also more temperamental and injury-prone. If two out of three playoffs a guy isn't even available he's less valuable.

Walker's efficiency will stay higher here in Boston because he's got better players around him and a better coach. Who's the last teammate that Walker had that might have been better than him, Al Jefferson?

They think Kyrie was bad against Milwaukee. Kemba in his last Playoff series (2016), shot 36.6%FG with just 4 assists a game and they lost in 7. He went 3/16 for 9 points in the Game 7 against Miami. That's the guy they're banking on.Walker had a 34 and 37 point game in that series. Acting like he just stunk it up is highly msleading. He isn't the kind of superstar that can drag a team on deep playoff run all by himself but he's a very good player that can succeed as part of a talented cast, which is what he is being asked to do in Boston.

Whoah10115
02-19-2020, 11:01 AM
One of the best series for a guard...

Come on man.