PDA

View Full Version : Top surprises of the NBA season so far

insidehoops
02-17-2020, 12:56 PM
Take a look at the standings: http://www.insidehoops.com/standings.shtml

And maybe stat leaders: http://www.insidehoops.com/nba-player-stat-leaders.shtml

What would you say have been the biggest surprises of the NBA season so far?

Celtics 1825
02-17-2020, 01:59 PM
-The Thunder being as good as they are, I didn't think 35 year old CP3 would be able to carry that team to the playoffs but he's doing exactly that

-Luka's meteoric rise to superstardom, we all knew he was gonna be great but I don't think most of us already expected him to be a top 5 MVP candidate

-The Clippers not having a better record. On paper this team should far and away be the best team in the league, obviously PG missed some games and Kawhi's on his load management bullshit but they should still be better than 37-18 (plus many of the games that they lost both PG and Board Man were playing)

Manny98
02-17-2020, 03:36 PM
Nets being a top defensive team despite being riddled with injuries all season

Kiddlovesnets
02-17-2020, 03:37 PM
Nets being a top defensive team despite being riddled with injuries all season

Nah we are a very good offensive team, defensively we are struggling. This problem wont be fixed even with the return of Kevin Durant, we desperately need to add a perimeter defender during this off season.

Manny98
02-17-2020, 03:44 PM
Nah we are a very good offensive team, defensively we are struggling. This problem wont be fixed even with the return of Kevin Durant, we desperately need to add a perimeter defender during this off season.
We started the season bad but we currently rank 8th in DRTG ahead of teams like Miami and Denver and on par with Utah which is surprising considering the lack of good defenders on are roster, I guess Kenny is just a really good defensive coach.

Offensively we rank 23rd this season but we have the potential to be a top offensive team when everyone is healthy so I'm not worried about that.

Kiddlovesnets
02-17-2020, 03:46 PM
We started the season bad but we currently rank 8th in DRTG ahead of teams like Miami and Denver and on par with Utah which is surprising considering the lack of good defenders on are roster, I guess Kenny is just a really good defensive coach.

Offensively we rank 23rd this season but we have the potential to be a top offensive team when everyone is healthy so I'm not worried about that.

Any team with KD and KI will be great offensively, defensively yeah hope we can get up to top 5 DRTG next season but that wont be easy. KD will be just back from an injury that will restrain his movement, while KI is never great defensively. The role players need to step up and give their best games.

brooks_thompson
02-17-2020, 06:36 PM
Thunder/Grizzlies

Luka taking a 2, maybe 3 offseasons-sized super-leap in year 2

Horatio33
02-17-2020, 08:28 PM
Kyrie Irving being named VP of the Player's Association.

tontoz
02-17-2020, 09:35 PM
Thunder/Grizzlies

Luka taking a 2, maybe 3 offseasons-sized super-leap in year 2

Agree on Thunder/Griz.

I would add the Raps/Heat. Did anyone really think the Raps would be in 2nd place right now in the east? Heat certainly weren't projected to be top 4.

Sixers' suckage has also been a surprise. A lot of people were picking them to make the Finals.

MrFonzworth
02-17-2020, 09:37 PM
Agree on Thunder/Griz.

I would add the Raps/Heat. Did anyone really think the Raps would be in 2nd place right now in the east? Heat certainly weren't projected to be top 4.

Not surprised by the Heat, added Butler and Spo is still solid. More surprised by the inconsistency of the Sixers but they're built more for the playoffs.

FromDowntown
02-17-2020, 10:13 PM
Toronto still clappin cheeks without their "FINALS MVP"

Stacked team!

ClipperRevival
02-17-2020, 11:58 PM
Thunder and Luka are the 2 that completely stick out.

bobopenguin
02-18-2020, 01:18 AM
ISH forum upgrade.

BurningHammer
02-18-2020, 02:43 PM
ISH forum upgrade.
:yaohappy:

Ghost1
02-18-2020, 03:39 PM
https://www.nba.com/rockets/sites/rockets/files/ereusycwkae9xgw.jpg?w=756&h=945